ImageImage

2017 TV/Movie/Book Thread with Spoilers

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Siefer
RealGM
And1: 5,967

Re: 2017 TV/Movie/Book Thread with Spoilers 

Post#661 » by Siefer » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:26 pm

Jesus Christ, Cameron. The CGI face/eyes are probably enough to sink Alita even if it's an otherwise great movie.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,461

Post#662 » by Matches Malone » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:39 pm

Disaster Artist was very good. Probably in the top 2-3 for the year for me.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,995

Post#663 » by midranger » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:45 pm

blazza18 wrote:This looks so stupid and I cannot wait to see it.

So like John Hammond spent billions/trillions on mining mosquitos in amber, R&D to clone animals from a million years ago, building an island sized theme park, etc... but never thought to survey the property to see if was an active volcano that was going to explode in the next 25ish years?

Seems like an important oversight. Especially when you'd presumably have hundreds of thousands of families there at any given time.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,176

Post#664 » by Iheartfootball » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:56 pm

RE: Stranger Things:Part Deux

Spoiler:
The maturation of Steve is one of my favorite things in this show. He’s showing he’s not just a misogynist, dumb jock. He’s flawed just like everyone else and is learning to accept it.

I wanna see the kid that’s playing him in more stuff too. He did that Ferris Bueller’s rip off commercial for some stupid product but he was kinda funny. Up and comer for me.

Throughly enjoyed the season. Extremely satisfying. Gonna be tough to top.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant

Post#665 » by Iheartfootball » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:00 pm

midranger wrote:

So like John Hammond spent billions/trillions on mining mosquitos in amber, R&D to clone animals from a million years ago, building an island sized theme park, etc... but never thought to survey the property to see if was an active volcano that was going to explode in the next 25ish years?

Seems like an important oversight. Especially when you'd presumably have hundreds of thousands of families there at any given time.

You’re trying to rationalize the irrational.

All you need to remember with you see this is.

DINOSAURS!
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,938

Post#666 » by BUCKnation » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:28 pm

Iheartfootball wrote:RE: Stranger Things:Part Deux

Spoiler:
The maturation of Steve is one of my favorite things in this show. He’s showing he’s not just a misogynist, dumb jock. He’s flawed just like everyone else and is learning to accept it.

I wanna see the kid that’s playing him in more stuff too. He did that Ferris Bueller’s rip off commercial for some stupid product but he was kinda funny. Up and comer for me.

Steve was the man this season. Loved that character dev.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,083

Post#667 » by FrieAaron » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:33 pm

Siefer wrote:Jesus Christ, Cameron. The CGI face/eyes are probably enough to sink Alita even if it's an otherwise great movie.

It's Robert Rodriguez, not Cameron.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,328

Re: RE: Re: 2017 TV/Movie/Book Thread with Spoilers 

Post#668 » by crkone » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:49 pm

BUCKnation wrote:

Spoiler:

He's also in a band.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,053

Post#669 » by MissKhriddleton » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:10 am

midranger wrote:

Volcanic eruptions can be predicted 25 years in advance?
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,729

Post#670 » by Licensed to Il » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:39 am

MissKhriddleton wrote:
midranger wrote:

Hammond should have surveyed that island for active volcanos, just like he should have kept the Lakers pick instead of MCW. What a moron.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,268

Post#671 » by KidA24 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:52 am

MissKhriddleton wrote:
midranger wrote:

In a word, yes.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/vesuvius/predict.html

Geologic and seismic surveys can tell if a volcano is active or not.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant

Post#672 » by Iheartfootball » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:32 am

crkone wrote:
BUCKnation wrote:

Spoiler:

He's also in a band.

Oh this kid gets better and better. I’m gonna check them out. ‘Post Animal’
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#673 » by Ill-yasova » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:34 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
xTitan wrote:Psych the movie, loved it, but I loved the show. Appears they already have another in the works......I definitely have a little Shawn in me, I can relate to the character.

I really enjoyed it too. Used to love that show.

How do I get to watch this movie? I was a big fan.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,268

Post#674 » by KidA24 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:41 am

Ill-yasova wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
xTitan wrote:Psych the movie, loved it, but I loved the show. Appears they already have another in the works......I definitely have a little Shawn in me, I can relate to the character.

I really enjoyed it too. Used to love that show.

How do I get to watch this movie? I was a big fan.

http://www.usanetwork.com/psych/videos/psych-the-movie
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,273

Post#675 » by jakecronus8 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:07 am

TWD Mid season finale:

Spoiler:
Did not see Carl's death coming. The beginning of the episode kind of spelled it out but I assumed they were going for a swerve at the end. Kills many people's theory that Carl is the John Connor of TWD universe.

People hate on the show now as its kind of the cool thing to do, but I thought this season has been mostly great so far.
Do it for Chuck
Siefer
RealGM

Post#676 » by Siefer » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:12 am

FrieAaron wrote:
Siefer wrote:Jesus Christ, Cameron. The CGI face/eyes are probably enough to sink Alita even if it's an otherwise great movie.

Rodriguez is directing, but this is a James Cameron passion project. He's been trying to make this movie for over 10 years.
FrieAaron
General Manager

Post#677 » by FrieAaron » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:25 am

Siefer wrote:
FrieAaron wrote:

Rodriguez is directing, but this is a James Cameron passion project. He's been trying to make this movie for over 10 years.

And then he dropped out of directing and handed it to Rodriguez. Who knows how involved he is, but I highly doubt anything Cameron produced would look as distracting as what we see in the trailer.
Siefer
RealGM

Post#678 » by Siefer » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:52 am

FrieAaron wrote:
Siefer wrote:
FrieAaron wrote:

And then he dropped out of directing and handed it to Rodriguez. Who knows how involved he is, but I highly doubt anything Cameron produced would look as distracting as what we see in the trailer.

Except using movies as a testing ground for CGI toys is a hallmark of Cameron's work. I think it's reasonable to assume Cameron's been involved in the production of a movie he's been trying to make for years, but yeah, maybe the eyes are entirely Robert Rodriguez, and James Cameron has no hand in the CGI shenanigans that make the main character look like a creepy live action anime girl. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't know for sure, but I'm alright knocking Cameron, because it looks pretty bad, and the movie is being made under his banner.
FrieAaron
General Manager

Post#679 » by FrieAaron » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:31 am

Siefer wrote:
FrieAaron wrote:
Siefer wrote:

Except using movies as a testing ground for CGI toys is a hallmark of Cameron's work.

Yeah, but virtually everything Cameron has ever done effects-wise in his films has been a benchmark in the medium. Maybe the final product will look better, but I have a hard time believing anything Cameron himself was directly involved in would look as bad as this.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,941

Post#680 » by humanrefutation » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:14 pm

Star Wars is getting some pretty great first impressions. Already bought my tickets for Sunday, so I'm getting kinda antsy to go see it.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks