ImageImage

The Jabari Discussion Thread - Back 2/2

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

dbrodz7
Sixth Man
And1: 1,234

Re: The Jabari Discussion Thread - Rehab, Game, Contract - NO DEAL, GOES TO RFA 

Post#541 » by dbrodz7 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:51 pm

emunney wrote:
dbrodz7 wrote:
emunney wrote:
So when LeBron takes a 1+1 deal, it's to help out Dan Gilbert?

Isn't he getting a max for that one year each time?

When you're turning down 3 guaranteed years, you're not taking the maximum amount of money.

Right, but he's going to make more money over the next 5 years if he takes the max for each year as the cap keeps going up. So he's actually getting more money if he doesn't get hurt. He's making 33M this year. He is doing this because he is getting the maximum amount of money.
Misery loves company
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,725

Post#542 » by emunney » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:09 pm

dbrodz7 wrote:
emunney wrote:
dbrodz7 wrote:

When you're turning down 3 guaranteed years, you're not taking the maximum amount of money.

Right, but he's going to make more money over the next 5 years if he takes the max for each year as the cap keeps going up. So he's actually getting more money if he doesn't get hurt. He's making 33M this year. He is doing this because he is getting the maximum amount of money.

He's doing this so he can leave whenever he wants.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,168

Re: RE: Re: The Jabari Discussion Thread - Rehab, Game, Contract - NO DEAL, GOES TO RFA 

Post#543 » by RRyder823 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:17 pm

ackypoo wrote:
WimpyDeer wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Every player, including Giannis, prioritizes getting paid. Parker believes in his ability, and knows from experience he can come back and score. If he looks good he'll get a max offer. There's no reason in his mind he should have to accept less.

Why did Giannis leave money on the table if he prioritizes getting paid?

why didnt giannis take a min deal if he didnt?

everythings a scale.

There's also him hitting FA a year earlier now since he DIDN'T take a max deal

Sent from my SM-G892A using RealGM mobile app
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#544 » by HurricaneKid » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:41 pm

dbrodz7 wrote:
emunney wrote:
dbrodz7 wrote:

He is giving up max money in 5 years so he can maintain leverage over a FO that has cheaped out on him in the past when he was signed to long term deals. It forces them to abide by promises they made him. Even last year while they were reigning champs They ate a bigger TPE because LeBron was under contract for an extra year anyhow and paying a mid level talent 8M plus paying >30M in lux tax wasn't an attractive offer.
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,006

Post#545 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:48 am

Bucks2585
Junior
And1: 62

Post#546 » by Bucks2585 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:23 am

One benefit to Jabari coming back might be Middleton not trying to do so much. I mean, he was at hyper efficiency when he had the MAP lineup. We haven't seen him since then. But he's still a great player. Right now, it seems he's shouldering a huge role that he's not good enough to handle in the sense of carrying an elite team. He's a 3rd option as we know and he was killing it in that role with Parker in the lineup with him
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,586

Post#547 » by Rainwater » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:50 am

Bucks2585 wrote:One benefit to Jabari coming back might be Middleton not trying to do so much. I mean, he was at hyper efficiency when he had the MAP lineup. We haven't seen him since then. But he's still a great player. Right now, it seems he's shouldering a huge role that he's not good enough to handle in the sense of carrying an elite team. He's a 3rd option as we know and he was killing it in that role with Parker in the lineup with him

I agree with you i don't see Middleton as a second option, but there is a large number of Bucks fans who feel that he is. Not saying he is terrible but I see him more as a 3D type player, a third or fourth option; a player in the mode of Wesly Mattews. I think he would do well playing off Jabari and Giannis instead of him being forced to create.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,278

Post#548 » by HKPackFan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:50 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:stumbled on this. maybe some of you guys haven't read about him

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/10/17/panthers-lb-thomas-davis-thriving-after-suffering-3-torn-acls-to-same-knee.html

wow, hes still producing out there.
#FreeChuckDiesel
WimpyDeer
Sophomore
And1: 142

Post#549 » by WimpyDeer » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:35 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
WimpyDeer wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Four years vs five years. You're clearly wrong.

How would our cap situation be with Giannis on a max deal?

It saved the Bucks about $2.5 million this year. What do you think helps the organization more: that little amount or having Giannis locked in for another year?

We narrowly missed out on the luxury tax so i'm going to say it helps more. I'm also saying that because I think Giannis will sign another contract with us. 75% of the people who post here have been hurt by the Bucks one too many times in the past to even be able to display any amount of optimism towards the team, so I do not blame you if you see Giannis' last year of his contract as his last year in MKE.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,006

Post#550 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:13 pm

HKPackFan wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:stumbled on this. maybe some of you guys haven't read about him

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/10/17/panthers-lb-thomas-davis-thriving-after-suffering-3-torn-acls-to-same-knee.html

wow, hes still producing out there.

yep... 3 acls on the same knee in 3 years. then the last 6 seasons since the last one..... at a very high level playing literally 85 out of 86 games as a damn ironman workhorse at the ripe old age of 34. that's not young for a nfl lb.
rarjake
Junior
And1: 44

Post#551 » by rarjake » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:21 am

I am late to the party- word is Parker is dunking, shooting, in practice already. Bucks should be safe, but is there any chance we see him before the all star break? Maybe Late January. Early Feb?
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Post#552 » by Pachinko_ » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:30 am

If Jabari is cool with it I'd play the crap out of him as soon as the doctors say it's ok.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,278

Post#553 » by HKPackFan » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:22 am

rarjake wrote:I am late to the party- word is Parker is dunking, shooting, in practice already. Bucks should be safe, but is there any chance we see him before the all star break? Maybe Late January. Early Feb?

He's ahead of schedule and dunking, he's not scrimmaging with the team as far as I know.

Even though ahead of schedule they are probably going to be very cautious before sending him out there. I don't think we will know until some time in December IMO.
#FreeChuckDiesel
imithanos
Starter
And1: 657

Post#554 » by imithanos » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:31 am

HKPackFan wrote:
rarjake wrote:I am late to the party- word is Parker is dunking, shooting, in practice already. Bucks should be safe, but is there any chance we see him before the all star break? Maybe Late January. Early Feb?

He's ahead of schedule and dunking, he's not scrimmaging with the team as far as I know.

Even though ahead of schedule they are probably going to be very cautious before sending him out there. I don't think we will know until some time in December IMO.

I remember getting surprised of how quickly he was dunking after his first ACL-injury.
No hay banda.
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#555 » by Chapter29 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:16 am

HKPackFan wrote:

Right, I don't think he's playing any contact basketball. Drills and shooting I gather.

He looks lean and strong. I can't wait to see him come back. This could be a good team.
Giannis
is
UponUs
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,162

Post#556 » by DingleJerry » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:31 pm

All good signs so far and at least that LB with 3 torn is something positive. But for dunking, ya'll gotta remember someone 6'8 can almost grab the rim without jumping. Many 7'0 people can. That they're letting him do it and landing afterwards is of course positive. But being able to isn't surprising or hard at all.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#557 » by Chapter29 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:18 pm

No. It shouldn't be diminished. He's got his explosiveness back in that leg. That's a big deal.
Giannis
is
UponUs
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#558 » by greekbuck34 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:47 pm

Must watch/read video/article from SI!
After watching this I really hope Jabari stays with us and succeed.
Can't wait for his comeback!

The Scars That Shape Jabari Parker

https://www.si.com/nba/2017/10/26/jabari-parker-comeback-milwaukee-bucks-knee-injury

:o :oops: :nod:

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#559 » by Prince12 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:21 pm

greekbuck34 wrote:Must watch/read video/article from SI!
After watching this I really hope Jabari stays with us and succeed.
Can't wait for his comeback!

The Scars That Shape Jabari Parker

https://www.si.com/nba/2017/10/26/jabari-parker-comeback-milwaukee-bucks-knee-injury

:o :oops: :nod:

Looks like a little fat roll there over his shorts. And is that a smile? Looks weird. Trade him.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#560 » by Prince12 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:22 pm

But seriously, i hope nothing but the best for him wether it ends up in Milwaukee or elsewhere. he deserves it.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus

Return to Milwaukee Bucks