The Jabari Discussion Thread - Back 2/2

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Re: Jabari Thread - Rehab, Game, Contract 

Post#441 » by buckboy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:40 pm

Prez wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:That's what made the argument so odd. That was a deal Boston would clearly reject, yet the vast majority viewed it as a horrible trade from our end and basically said anyone who would do it is a moron because Jabari was so amazing you couldn't even discuss a trade

This isn't true at all. You're exaggerating hard, again.

That trade idea was used as a punch line to show how stupid the idea of trading Jabari was. That was for like 2 weeks. It happened. It's completely true. Just go back and read the threads.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#442 » by H2tObes » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:49 pm

Basically everyone agreed the value of that hypothetical trade was absolutely fine, you'll find that most people actually thought the value was great. People joked about trading our #2 overall star for another lottery ticket and some role players, it seemed like trading in your $50,000 winning lottery ticket in hopes of winning $100,000.
Big Dog Yank
Senior
And1: 767

Post#443 » by Big Dog Yank » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:54 pm

This is only a hunch, but I think we end up extending him today. I have no idea for how much, but I think if they weren't extending him, the FO would be out there planting info as to why they're not extending a supposed franchise cornerstone.

The quiet is what makes me think that, it's just been way too quiet.
"Ready to Die"
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,846

Post#444 » by Prez » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:59 pm

buckboy wrote:
Prez wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:That's what made the argument so odd. That was a deal Boston would clearly reject, yet the vast majority viewed it as a horrible trade from our end and basically said anyone who would do it is a moron because Jabari was so amazing you couldn't even discuss a trade

This isn't true at all. You're exaggerating hard, again.

That trade idea was used as a punch line to show how stupid the idea of trading Jabari was. That was for like 2 weeks. It happened. It's completely true. Just go back and read the threads.

I've read the threads. It was typically jabs like "Crowder would've made that shot" in game threads or "trading Jabari for role players" by people who misunderstood the trade or just saw Crowder and flipped out. But the actual trade idea including the Nets pick? No, it wasn't even close to a "vast majority" of this board that thought that trade was a joke and that "anyone who would do it was a moron".
Bucks in 6
Junior
And1: 128

Post#445 » by Bucks in 6 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:14 pm

I think Jabari will return to form after he comes back. I’d love to keep him, but not for the max. What if he got Monroe type money? 15-17m a year? Too much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,752

Post#446 » by emunney » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:15 pm

H2tObes wrote:Basically everyone agreed the value of that hypothetical trade was absolutely fine, you'll find that most people actually thought the value was great. People joked about trading our #2 overall star for another lottery ticket and some role players, it seemed like trading in your $50,000 winning lottery ticket in hopes of winning $100,000.

Yeah but what if nothing less than $100,000 will do?
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#447 » by H2tObes » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:20 pm

emunney wrote:
H2tObes wrote:Basically everyone agreed the value of that hypothetical trade was absolutely fine, you'll find that most people actually thought the value was great. People joked about trading our #2 overall star for another lottery ticket and some role players, it seemed like trading in your $50,000 winning lottery ticket in hopes of winning $100,000.

Yeah but what if nothing less than $100,000 will do?

Many thought the 1-2-3 punch of KM, GA, JP was enough to contend in the future, hence the hesitation to take the risk. Sure some thought JP wasnt enough, most just disagreed
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,172

Post#448 » by DingleJerry » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:21 pm

I corrected the phrasing of the original post the other day, relax. Vast majority were definitely against the trade and pretty much any trade, that's just a fact. But didn't mean to say being against also meant they were all also being aggressive with how Jabari should never even be discussed in a trade and anyone that wanted to is being ridiculous. It was more that vast majority were against the trade, with some of them being that adamant about being anti-trade no matter what and aggressive and confrontational. I wouldn't say it was vast majority though being that aggressive, I agree with that. I think I originally had just the word 'and' in there which technically made the sentence read like 'vast majority being that aggressive', I meant those to be separate things but I just put in one sentence.

A big chunk of the arguing in that thread was actually among the people that would chirp in just to say it was completely wrong to be even talking about the thread shouldn't exist etc, those are the types of comments I was referencing and it was a significant part of the debate.

Anyway, 5 hours to go but I feel like the debate has 9 months left still. The decision today or next offseason could be a turning point for the franchise. Impossible to predict the future this decision will be a huge turning point one way or the other.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#449 » by Prince12 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:36 pm

Getting to close to the deadline now. I guess it's either trade him or watch him walk next summer. Sucks.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#450 » by Max Green » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:47 pm

Horst should call Bartlestein and offer $100m right now. I bet that gets it done.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#451 » by DingleJerry » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:57 pm

Similar to Max's post, what would be your last call offer as time winds down? I wouldn't do 4/100. I'd probably start at 4/40 and cap at 4/50, doesn't work then player option on the last year so that if healthy he can get out and lock in next big deal. Don't know the rules well enough to get all complicated with different clauses they can use so just keeping it simple for this. I'm sure that won't get it done, so be it, play out the year and re-assess after the season.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,073

Post#452 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:57 pm

Read on Twitter
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,752

Post#453 » by emunney » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:58 pm

Wonder if we'd do Parker for Gordon. I'm sure Hammond would.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#454 » by Nowak008 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:13 pm

emunney wrote:Wonder if we'd do Parker for Gordon. I'm sure Hammond would.

2014 draft team swap

Gordon to Lakers
Randle to Celtics
Smart to Bucks
Parker to Orlando

Would make much more sense for each team.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#455 » by DingleJerry » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:16 pm

Man that's a tough one. Jabari was obviously such a better player and Gordon's fit with Giannis is not ideal. But as of now if you're just choosing who you'd take right now you go with Gordon due to the ACLs. But if you traded for him you're likely committing to a big contract for Gordon which I wouldn't want to do either. Interesting thing to think about though. I guess I'd do it mostly because I have no confidence in Bucks standing firm financially with Jabari so I guess if I had to pick I'd rather pay Gordon 25 mil per year going forward than Jabari. But don't really want to give either that much.
Jboogz23
Sophomore
And1: 163

Post#456 » by Jboogz23 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:17 pm

Flap Jackson wrote:I find it amazing that he is moving around like this only 6 months after a second ACL surgery. Having had ACL surgery in 1998, I'm blown away by the improvements in rehab and recovery times. Adrian Peterson, Jordy Nelson, Jabari Parker ... can't believe the turn around times in this era of sports medicine.

I was already a huge fan before, but this video really touched me. Really rooting for him he has so much potential if he could just stay healthy. I absolutely love his game just looks so smooth out there on the court
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,031

Post#457 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:19 pm

DingleJerry wrote:Similar to Max's post, what would be your last call offer as time winds down? I wouldn't do 4/100. I'd probably start at 4/40 and cap at 4/50, doesn't work then player option on the last year so that if healthy he can get out and lock in next big deal. Don't know the rules well enough to get all complicated with different clauses they can use so just keeping it simple for this. I'm sure that won't get it done, so be it, play out the year and re-assess after the season.

I'm anti-resigning Jabari but that is just crazy talk and insulting. If I'm Jabari and was offered that, I would say f-off and slow rehab til summer to avoid injury and basically draft-workout prep. If teams start seeing jabari with a great form and physical shape, someone will give him the max.
Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 947

Post#458 » by Lippo » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:22 pm

Prince12 wrote:Getting to close to the deadline now. I guess it's either trade him or watch him walk next summer. Sucks.

Or give him a QO next off season and match someone elses RFA offer and let the league determine his value.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,077

Post#459 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:25 pm

Would disagree with this. Gordon has looked really good this preseason. If the Magic put that deal on the table, I'd take it and not look back, even if it meant extending Gordon next summer for 4/$80 or something like that.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#460 » by DingleJerry » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:27 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:Similar to Max's post, what would be your last call offer as time winds down? I wouldn't do 4/100. I'd probably start at 4/40 and cap at 4/50, doesn't work then player option on the last year so that if healthy he can get out and lock in next big deal. Don't know the rules well enough to get all complicated with different clauses they can use so just keeping it simple for this. I'm sure that won't get it done, so be it, play out the year and re-assess after the season.

I'm anti-resigning Jabari but that is just crazy talk and insulting. If I'm Jabari and was offered that, I would say f-off and slow rehab til summer to avoid injury and basically draft-workout prep. If teams start seeing jabari with a great form and physical shape, someone will give him the max.

So be it. If it's not team friendly there's no reason to do it. I hope the Bucks aren't that afraid of him. He has no negotiating power or leverage right now. He'd have to make it 9 months without getting hurt, play well and get someone else in a tight market to offer up big money with his situation. If offering a guy who's been hurt more than healthy so far in his career 50 mil and setting his family for life even if tears his ACL again tomorrow is insulting then I'd love to be insulted. Gets locked into a city he supposedly loves, near his home. Doesn't have to worry about anything during his rehab or of getting traded to some rando spot as the deadline approaches.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks