The Jabari Discussion Thread - Back 2/2

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Re: Jabari Thread - Rehab, Game, Contract 

Post#461 » by buckboy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:30 pm

Nowak008 wrote:
emunney wrote:Wonder if we'd do Parker for Gordon. I'm sure Hammond would.

2014 draft team swap

Gordon to Lakers
Randle to Celtics
Smart to Bucks
Parker to Orlando

Would make much more sense for each team.

Pass. :D
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,740

Post#462 » by emunney » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:37 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:

Would disagree with this. Gordon has looked really good this preseason. If the Magic put that deal on the table, I'd take it and not look back, even if it meant extending Gordon next summer for 4/$80 or something like that.

I'd do it, but am not sure anybody should be convinced of a Gordon breakout just based on a great preseason. I think Hammond loves Jabari and would take the risk.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,163

Post#463 » by DingleJerry » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:40 pm

Off the top of my head I thought Gordon finished well last season after they gave up on him trying to play as the 3 so they let him be the 4 and he did well. Of course I didn't watch much Orlando ball, but that's the narrative I thought I picked up reading Lowe and others. Still, it makes his fit with Giannis not ideal but if my memory is right it would be a good sign to his overall chances of making it.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,852

Post#464 » by coolhandluke121 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:42 pm

Prez wrote:I've read the threads. It was typically jabs like "Crowder would've made that shot" in game threads or "trading Jabari for role players" by people who misunderstood the trade or just saw Crowder and flipped out. But the actual trade idea including the Nets pick? No, it wasn't even close to a "vast majority" of this board that thought that trade was a joke and that "anyone who would do it was a moron".

There were probably hundreds of post in the Jabari ti thread that were something like "this thread is a disgrace", "no way the pick is as valuable as Jabari", "never trade superstars for role players", "all the trade-Jabari people are just haters", "you're crazy if you want to trade Jabari", etc. It may not have been said outright often, but it was definitely implied that the trade was bad.

Some other trades that consistently drew numerous, animated reactions include:

Jabari/Henson for Porter/Gortat
Jabari for Exum/Hood
Jabari/Henson for Lillard
Jabari for Jokic

Yeah, some people were reasonable, but the tone was usually "how can you possibly think that's a good trade?"
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#465 » by Max Green » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:46 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:

Would disagree with this. Gordon has looked really good this preseason. If the Magic put that deal on the table, I'd take it and not look back, even if it meant extending Gordon next summer for 4/$80 or something like that.

No thanks. You would give a guy $20m who plays the same position as our best player yet doesn't bring anything to the table that would even indicate that they can play together?
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,812

Post#466 » by Prez » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:48 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
Prez wrote:I've read the threads. It was typically jabs like "Crowder would've made that shot" in game threads or "trading Jabari for role players" by people who misunderstood the trade or just saw Crowder and flipped out. But the actual trade idea including the Nets pick? No, it wasn't even close to a "vast majority" of this board that thought that trade was a joke and that "anyone who would do it was a moron".

There were probably hundreds of post in the Jabari ti thread that were something like "this thread is a disgrace", "no way the pick is as valuable as Jabari", "never trade superstars for role players", "all the trade-Jabari people are just haters", "you're crazy if you want to trade Jabari", etc. It may not have been said outright often, but it was definitely implied that the trade was bad.

Some other trades that consistently drew numerous, animated reactions include:

Jabari/Henson for Porter/Gortat
Jabari for Exum/Hood
Jabari/Henson for Lillard
Jabari for Jokic

Yeah, some people were reasonable, but the tone was usually "how can you possibly think that's a good trade?"

There's a difference between there being posters who had aggressive reactions towards Jabari trades in general, and a "vast majority" of the board thinking the Nets pick trade specifically was dumb and that anyone who would do it is a moron. All I'm saying is we need to stop with this constant strawmanning and board generalizations in some over the top attempt to be the voice of reason.
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#467 » by DingleJerry » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:53 pm

And you're taking it out of context to prove your point. The vast majority was against the trade and any trade of Jabari, that is a fact. You seemed to be fired up over that I implied that the vast majority were also that aggressive against which was a phrasing mistake. Yes the vast majority were against the trade, but not all were also so aggressive. It was certainly a lot though and a noticeable amount of posters. kind of ruined what actually could have been a descent discussion as a large amount of the arguing was just about whether the thread should even exist rather than actual discussion.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,812

Post#468 » by Prez » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:58 pm

DingleJerry wrote:And you're taking it out of context to prove your point. The vast majority was against the trade and any trade of Jabari, that is a fact. You seemed to be fired up over that I implied that the vast majority were also that aggressive against which was a phrasing mistake. Yes the vast majority were against the trade, but not all were also so aggressive. It was certainly a lot though and a noticeable amount of posters. kind of ruined what actually could have been a descent discussion as a large amount of the arguing was just about whether the thread should even exist rather than actual discussion.

I'm not fired up, it's basketball :lol: I'm just pointing out that you keep exaggerating and generalizing the board’s opinion.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,778

Post#469 » by Ayt » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:05 pm

Prince12 wrote:Getting to close to the deadline now. I guess it's either trade him or watch him walk next summer. Sucks.

Why would those be the only two options when he's an RFA? It has always made the most sense by far to not extend him and see how things look next summer after he's actually been back on the court.
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#470 » by DingleJerry » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:06 pm

Prez wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:And you're taking it out of context to prove your point. The vast majority was against the trade and any trade of Jabari, that is a fact. You seemed to be fired up over that I implied that the vast majority were also that aggressive against which was a phrasing mistake. Yes the vast majority were against the trade, but not all were also so aggressive. It was certainly a lot though and a noticeable amount of posters. kind of ruined what actually could have been a descent discussion as a large amount of the arguing was just about whether the thread should even exist rather than actual discussion.

I'm not fired up, it's basketball :lol: I'm just pointing out that you keep exaggerating and generalizing the board’s opinion.

I'm not exaggerating anything. I went back and read the original post and realized the mistake I made in phrasing it, acknowledged it and fixed it. Yet you're repeating that like it was my statement when it's not.

FYI: I just opened the TI pg 3. of the 19 posts on the first page, 6 were just bashing that it exists. And two more that were kinda that way but not entirely. And of course some responses by the hosts saying why it exists. I didn't read any further. I didn't post that page but CHL did not engage with anyone making those posts.

Just move on, we had a good other talk going.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,028

Post#471 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:32 pm

buckboy wrote:
Nowak008 wrote:

2014 draft team swap

Gordon to Lakers
Randle to Celtics
Smart to Bucks
Parker to Orlando

You kidding me? Smart would be a great asset to flip right away! :D
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#472 » by Nowak008 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:45 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
buckboy wrote:
Nowak008 wrote:
2014 draft team swap

Gordon to Lakers
Randle to Celtics
Smart to Bucks
Parker to Orlando

You kidding me? Smart would be a great asset to flip right away! :D

:wavefinger:
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#473 » by Prince12 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:19 pm

Ayt wrote:
Prince12 wrote:Getting to close to the deadline now. I guess it's either trade him or watch him walk next summer. Sucks.

Why would those be the only two options when he's an RFA? It has always made the most sense by far to not extend him and see how things look next summer after he's actually been back on the court.

Because I don't think there's any chance he can do enough to earn the max deal I think he'll get offered. Getting a bargain deal now was our best option.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
Black_Dragon
Junior
And1: 234

Post#474 » by Black_Dragon » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:44 pm

Read on Twitter
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#475 » by Prince12 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:01 pm

Deadline passed.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,738

Post#476 » by DanoMac » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:03 pm

Read on Twitter
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,625

Post#477 » by blazza18 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:03 pm

Not extending Jabari might be the smartest thing the franchise has done under LED.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,738

Post#478 » by DanoMac » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:06 pm

I'm impressed they didn't give him an extension. Kohl would have backed down and signed him to the max, no question.
ZeppelinPage
Head Coach
And1: 3,326

Re: The Jabari Discussion Thread - Rehab, Game, Contract - NO DEAL, GOES TO RFA 

Post#479 » by ZeppelinPage » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:09 pm

Great news.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,778

Post#480 » by Ayt » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:11 pm

Prince12 wrote:
Ayt wrote:

Because I don't think there's any chance he can do enough to earn the max deal I think he'll get offered. Getting a bargain deal now was our best option.

There is no reason to think a max deal is guaranteed or even likely. RFA's tend to not fare well in free agency. With the gigantic question marks surrounding Jabari both in terms of health and on court ability, I think the Bucks will end up signing him to a fairly reasonable deal next summer. Provided he comes back and plays a month or two and looks good physically, the deal will be large but it won't be a max in terms of yearly salary and it almost certainly won't be a max in terms of years.

I would not have been happy had they extended him unless the deal was absurdly team friendly. There was almost no chance of that happening.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks