ImageImage

Bucks Bledsoe Trade Watch Thread - Gery update pg 67 Delly offered

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 947

Re: Lowe: Bucks have a long-standing jones for Bledsoe 

Post#81 » by Lippo » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:13 pm

The Rodzilla wrote:what does jones mean?

You never heard the term

I'm Jonesing for some Taco Bell....
etc...
Think it has something to do with addiction/withdrawal....
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,139

Post#82 » by DingleJerry » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:15 pm

IT's correct when Bledsoe's contract is up is when we'll be at our true winning window. But if the price is right why wouldn't you take him and be better now and worry about that in two years, sure would make the next two years more fun. It's not like we're going to get a good pick again unless Giannis gets hurt. And with him I'd say you have legit shot at being the 2nd best team in the East, who knows LBJ gets hurt and you have as good a shot as anyone else at the Finals. If you're clearing at least one of the bad contracts with him and not giving up much else then it's kind of a no brainer. I mean, 11ish mil on Henson or Mirza or 13-14 on Bledsoe, I know which I'd rather have. But yes I'm also not mortgaging the future for him, has to be at our price. And by trading for him I'm not promising him a 4/100 extension either, that's a whole different discussion later on.

For the Clips/Bucks discussion. I get what you're saying with age windows, plus throw in living in LA vs MKE and yea I get it. But in reality MKE with Bledsoe is probably more of a contender than the Clips with him just because of being in the East and well Giannis. Our team should be home court with him, Clips would still be in a battle to make the playoffs. I would pick them to make it but they'd be a lower seed and with the power teams in the West they'd have no shot. In the East you can hang with any team other than LBJ.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,367

Post#83 » by M-C-G » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:12 pm

DingleJerry wrote:IT's correct when Bledsoe's contract is up is when we'll be at our true winning window. But if the price is right why wouldn't you take him and be better now and worry about that in two years, sure would make the next two years more fun. It's not like we're going to get a good pick again unless Giannis gets hurt. And with him I'd say you have legit shot at being the 2nd best team in the East, who knows LBJ gets hurt and you have as good a shot as anyone else at the Finals. If you're clearing at least one of the bad contracts with him and not giving up much else then it's kind of a no brainer. I mean, 11ish mil on Henson or Mirza or 13-14 on Bledsoe, I know which I'd rather have. But yes I'm also not mortgaging the future for him, has to be at our price. And by trading for him I'm not promising him a 4/100 extension either, that's a whole different discussion later on.

For the Clips/Bucks discussion. I get what you're saying with age windows, plus throw in living in LA vs MKE and yea I get it. But in reality MKE with Bledsoe is probably more of a contender than the Clips with him just because of being in the East and well Giannis. Our team should be home court with him, Clips would still be in a battle to make the playoffs. I would pick them to make it but they'd be a lower seed and with the power teams in the West they'd have no shot. In the East you can hang with any team other than LBJ.

I'm fine with the idea of Bledsoe, but I'm probably not willing to include Brogdon as the main chip in a trade along with a first. I think if they just wanted a first he would have been moved by now and his trade value is only going to decrease after this season. If I am PHX it makes no sense to not cash in whatever value you can get from Bledsoe right now.

I'd probably cap my offer at something like Delly/Mirza/Wilson/1st for Bledsoe/Dudley/2nd. Then Brogdon can run the second unit with Moose which is good for everyone

PG: Bledsoe, Brogdon, Liggins
SG: Snell, Vaughn, Jet
SF: Midds, Brown, (Parker)
PF: Giannis, Dudley, Kris Humprhies/Brandon Bass/etc
C: Thon, Moose, Henson
LedZepp007
General Manager
And1: 3,523

Post#84 » by LedZepp007 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:31 pm

We can’t play around. If we can upgrade at the one with Bledsoe you’re goddamn right we should do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Bulls are the absolute worst.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#85 » by raferfenix » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:05 pm

I would be ok trading a first for Bledsoe.

If we would deal Brogdon or Jabari in addition we might be able to get him.

Definitely could be overrating our own guys but I would be hesitant about dealing either.

Brogdon just seems like such a perfect fit for us.

If you don’t want to cash out Jabari then Bledsoe is the obvious target. However I’m also high on Parker even though I’m terrified about his health.

Wilson I would give up easy but I’m way cynical about how our front office approached this draft.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,139

Post#86 » by DingleJerry » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:20 pm

I'm sure my offer would involve Jabari so probably best not to even talk about things with him. I don't want Brogdon going out, he's the perfect backup and insurance on Bledsoe injuries.

A non-Jabari deal gets tough: Mirza, Wilson and a top 10 protected first. Thing is with their roster I'm not sure they'd want Vaughn or Wilson, maybe Brown would be more interesting. Lots of things beyond that with Dudley, Chandler, Monroe etc could be interesting but too complicated to discuss.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,576

Post#87 » by JayMKE » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:23 pm

I'm not sure how long Bledsoe's knees have left
FREE GIANNIS
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,367

Post#88 » by M-C-G » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:28 pm

JayMKE wrote:I'm not sure how long Bledsoe's knees have left

I'd want him for these two years and I would not want to be the team paying him his next contract
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,847

Post#89 » by coolhandluke121 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:08 pm

The Rodzilla wrote:what does jones mean?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdzljz

Holy crap. Heard the song many times. Didn't realize that video was so racist. :o
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
SKG
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Post#90 » by SKG » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:28 pm

Wilson,brogdon,henson for bledsoe
Buckfan76
Senior
And1: 33

Post#91 » by Buckfan76 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:38 pm

Here's my Bledsoe trade offer:

Raps get: Parker, and Telly
Suns get: Brogdon and J. Valancianus
Bucks get: Bledsoe and (SF)OG Annunoby

I mean Suns would have to trade Chandler also I would think.
raferfenix
RealGM

Post#92 » by raferfenix » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:25 pm

Maybe Jared Dudley could help out the Bucks on the wing?

Teletovic's first night out sure didn't instill any confidence. Suns in theory could feel fine about bringing him back though (as part of a broader trade) if they're going to suck either way.

Speaking of which this bodes ill for the Suns' season. Firesale watch is on:

Phoenix was blown out -- blown out is almost an understatement -- by the Portland Trail Blazers in front of their home fans. The final score? 124-76.

The 48-point loss was the worst opening night defeat in NBA history, and was the worst loss in the 50-year history of the Phoenix Suns franchise.

Oh, and the worst part? The Blazers were without their second-leading scorer season, CJ McCollum, who was suspended for leaving the bench during a preseason altercation with these very same Suns. Revenge game, indeed.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/suns-suffer-worst-opening-night-loss-in-nba-history-also-set-a-franchise-record/
raferfenix
RealGM

Post#93 » by raferfenix » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:17 pm

From the Suns board:

collidingNeurons wrote:Bledsoe and Possibly chandler need to go even if thy take a loss on the trade, i think their demeanor is setting the tone for the team morale and not in a positive way, Watson should already be fired .. there's no excuse to play this poorly with a team very similar to the one that at least competed hard at the end of last year, unless it's the coaching staff

Thinking about what Milwaukee’s best offer for 2/3 of Bledsoe / Chandler / Dudley would be.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,594

Post#94 » by TroyD92 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:11 pm

raferfenix wrote:From the Suns board:

collidingNeurons wrote:Bledsoe and Possibly chandler need to go even if thy take a loss on the trade, i think their demeanor is setting the tone for the team morale and not in a positive way, Watson should already be fired .. there's no excuse to play this poorly with a team very similar to the one that at least competed hard at the end of last year, unless it's the coaching staff

Thinking about what Milwaukee’s best offer for 2/3 of Bledsoe / Chandler / Dudley would be.

Monroe/Wilson/Vaughn/Top 5 or 10 protected first.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
raferfenix
RealGM

Post#95 » by raferfenix » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:15 pm

TroyD92 wrote:Monroe/Wilson/Vaughn/Top 5 or 10 protected first.

I could see the Bucks dropping the protection and also taking on Chandler’s contract to make this happen.

Absolutely questionable whether it’s enough value for Bledsoe. The Nuggets in particular might offer more, and the Cavs would try to.

Either way the Suns just lost all their leverage.

Read on Twitter
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,594

Post#96 » by TroyD92 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:16 pm

raferfenix wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:Monroe/Wilson/Vaughn/Top 5 or 10 protected first.

I could see the Bucks dropping the protection and also taking on Chandler’s contract to make this happen.

Absolutely questionable whether it’s enough value for Bledsoe. The Nuggets in particular might offer more, and the Cavs would try to.

Either way the Suns just lost all their leverage.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
freewhitemoon
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,351

Post#97 » by freewhitemoon » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:18 pm

How many other teams actually need him? I'd say <5

Great opportunity for bucks to show some competence and get this done
Gam
Bench Warmer
And1: 806

Post#98 » by Gam » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:26 pm

Oh ****, this might actually happen if he's requesting a trade. I think it comes down to us and the Nuggets. And maybe the Cavs if they're insane enough to include the Nets pick in a deal.
raferfenix
RealGM

Post#99 » by raferfenix » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:42 pm

Gam wrote:Oh ****, this might actually happen if he's requesting a trade. I think it comes down to us and the Nuggets. And maybe the Cavs if they're insane enough to include the Nets pick in a deal.

Imagine the Nuggets could still be interested in something along these lines.

Read on Twitter

On the other hand they aren't trading Murray and just extended Hill. Mudiay + Faried might still be on the table but not sure what other young players or future picks would be.

I don't see Cleveland being willing to include the Nets pick for only Bledsoe. But if the Suns offer up a combination of young assets (not Jackson) and the Heat pick maybe something could get done.

The Knicks look like they could use a PG.

Clippers also could use Bledsoe, not sure what they'd offer though. They owe the Celtics a pick but could offer up one future first.

2019 first round draft pick to Boston
L.A. Clippers' 1st round pick to Boston (via Memphis) protected for selections 1-14 in 2019 and 1-14 in 2020; if the L.A. Clippers have not conveyed a 1st round pick to Boston by 2020, then the L.A. Clippers will instead convey their 2022 2nd round pick to Boston [L.A. Clippers-Memphis, 2/18/2016; Boston-Memphis, 6/23/2016]
The Wet Whistle
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,252

Post#100 » by The Wet Whistle » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:01 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Milwaukee Bucks