ImageImage

PG Thread (Boston) - Undefeated

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Re: PG Thread (Boston) - Undefeated 

Post#161 » by Bernman » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:58 am

ReasonablySober wrote:The Celtics board is gonna be hilarious entertaining this season as they talk themselves through a Kyrie team without someone like LeBron to carry his terrible ass.

It was a terrible trade. Thank goodness they trumped our offer, reportedly. Really bailed out our unnecessary desperation to add another fake star next to our real one.

Also really think they'll regret drafting Tatum over players who make better decisions offensively and have better defensive tools.

Brown may be for real, but that team is really flawed either way. Lost defensive identity and offensively are a bunch of individualistic chuckers who don't dominate their own match-up.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,048

Post#162 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:58 am

buckboy wrote:Dude on the Celtics board wondering if Delly has completed his quest to destroy the ring. :lol:

They're a salty bunch.

This season will be a step backward for them while Jaylen Brown and Tatum develop. They aren't used to things like the Hayward injury.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,725

Post#163 » by emunney » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:58 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
Bernman wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:Henson was helpful at times tonight. Maybe Giannis can get him to play hard.

You said that with your tongue firmly planted in your cheek I trust.

Nah, was serious. Alpha superstars have a way of getting others around them to perform better.

There is a whole new aura around this team now that they have a LeBron caliber superstar. Media coverage will start to intensify, expectations will go up. And the scrub guys will experience a culture change where they can't dog it.

Trade value?
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,952

Post#164 » by Jez2983 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:59 am

In those Giannis dunk videos I'd like to draw everyone's attention to Smart being a tool with Delly off to the side.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#165 » by Nowak008 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:59 am

humanrefutation wrote:Random thought: I don't like the way the Harley patches clash with the rest of the jersey. Obviously, they want it to stick out, but it still looks gross on the green.

We should try and crowd fund to get them to take it off. Horrendous.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#166 » by Bernman » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:00 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
Bernman wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:Henson was helpful at times tonight. Maybe Giannis can get him to play hard.

You said that with your tongue firmly planted in your cheek I trust.

Nah, was serious. Alpha superstars have a way of getting others around them to perform better.

There is a whole new aura around this team now that they have a LeBron caliber superstar. Media coverage will start to intensify, expectations will go up. And the scrub guys will experience a culture change where they can't dog it.

Giannis was here the last couple years.

Dog is in Henson's dna. I honestly am having a hard time fathoming some are getting suckered by this again. It's one game.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
JEIS
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,161

Post#167 » by JEIS » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:00 am

ElPeregrino wrote:
emunney wrote:
ElPeregrino wrote:Which one?

Did you miss it for real?

I saw one where he got Baynes in the air with a pump fake underneath the basket and then another which was an alley oop from Brogdon. Giannis posterized Baynes twice today.

My guess is, He is talking about the play where Giannis slapped Baynes in the face with his loukaniko.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#168 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:00 am

emunney wrote:
Trade value?

Maybe. But I don't think the league will buy it, should a more consistent Henson actually arrive. They'll chalk it up to Giannis just as I chalked up decent play by stiffs like Bill Wennington, Stacy King, etc to Michael Jordan.

JackSIKMA43
Bench Warmer
And1: 847

Post#169 » by JackSIKMA43 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:01 am

Nowak008 wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:Random thought: I don't like the way the Harley patches clash with the rest of the jersey. Obviously, they want it to stick out, but it still looks gross on the green.

We should try and crowd fund to get them to take it off. Horrendous.

Well, we did have a successful billboard movement, "back in the day". :lol:
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#170 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:03 am

Bernman wrote:

Dog is in Henson's dna.

Nah, true Giannis alpha began tonight. Entire league is now watching him nightly. Uncharted territory for Bucks fans even though we've seen his brilliance for a couple years already.

It can't cure Henson's dogging it genes but may cause him to self identify as a decent backup center this year IMO.

Wisky4life
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#171 » by Wisky4life » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:05 am

Win.
“We’re going to turn this team around 360 degrees.” –Jason Kidd
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,750

Post#172 » by Licensed to Il » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:08 am

Giannis is a beast, Henson had four blocks and everyone is excited, Celtics are not who they think they are, so glad the regular season is here!
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,260

Post#173 » by FlagsFlyForever » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:09 am

emunney wrote:Talking about the one that was so impossible, Bayne thought he had rebounded a miss.

Read on Twitter
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#174 » by bizarro » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:09 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
Bernman wrote:

Dog is in Henson's dna.

Nah, true Giannis alpha began tonight. Entire league is now watching him nightly. Uncharted territory for Bucks fans even though we've seen his brilliance for a couple years already.

It can't cure Henson's dogging it genes but may cause him to self identify as a decent backup center this year IMO.

I'm in quarter 2 and I like what I'm seeing from Henson. I mean, it's Henson and we all know to take it with a grain of salt, but he's a plus player as of game 1, quarter 2. I'll take it.

And, I will say: I did think to myself 'RJ would be a real nice addition to this team.' I can't believe I typed that. But, it's true.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#175 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:11 am

bizarro wrote:And, I will say: I did think to myself 'RJ would be a real nice addition to this team.' I can't believe I typed that. But, it's true.

Replace Telly with RJ and Vaughn with Jameer and it would help. We still lack one more high, high caliber talent but we also lack one or two important rotation guys.

My real hope is Sterling turns into a player over the course of the year.

Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Post#176 » by Pachinko_ » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:12 am

That Boston was a really good match up for us, you just don't go with Brown and Tatum as your wing defenders to try and contain Giannis.

Now lets take it up a notch and see what we can do against the Cavs. Crowder & Lebron are not Brown & Tatum in D.
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,260

Post#177 » by FlagsFlyForever » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:17 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
buckboy wrote:Dude on the Celtics board wondering if Delly has completed his quest to destroy the ring. :lol:

They're a salty bunch.

This season will be a step backward for them while Jaylen Brown and Tatum develop. They aren't used to things like the Hayward injury.

Boo hoo, poor Boston. I truly feel bad for Hayward but four of our five best players over the past ten years have suffered significant, season ending injuries (Redd, Bogut, Middleton, Jabari).

Read on Twitter
PackAttack9
Senior
And1: 224

Post#178 » by PackAttack9 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:22 am

My feeling sorry for Boston losing Hayward for the year ended rightly when Marcus Smart flopped in back to back possessions.

Also Middleton was clutch in the first half and didn't shoot well the second, going 6-17. He makes 3 more of those easy shots consistently and he's easily all-star.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#179 » by Bucksfan28 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:22 am

steger_3434 wrote:Good win. We have Giannis and a bunch of nobody’s. Even Lebron had more help his first stint in Cleveland.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

I'm not as sold on the role players as others, but this is just wrong.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,523

Re: RE: Re: PG Thread (Boston) - Undefeated 

Post#180 » by drone3 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:27 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
bizarro wrote:And, I will say: I did think to myself 'RJ would be a real nice addition to this team.' I can't believe I typed that. But, it's true.

Replace Telly with RJ and Vaughn with Jameer and it would help. We still lack one more high, high caliber talent but we also lack one or two important rotation guys.

My real hope is Sterling turns into a player over the course of the year.
Yeh we really need Sterling to arrive sooner than later, way too many minutes for Midds. If Delly and Brogdog are going to play together we need Vaughn or Terry to play more minutes.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks