3rd Annual Fire Kidd Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Re: 3rd Annual Fire Kidd Thread 

Post#1261 » by M-C-G » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:16 pm

greekbuck34 wrote:
WimpyDeer wrote:Scheme analysis I found on Twitter...

A blind homeless drug addict kid with an IQ of 14 can get better grades than that....

I hate our schemes, but I have trouble believing that Charlotte, one of the most under performing teams in the league is leaps and bounds better than anyone else.
WimpyDeer
Sophomore
And1: 142

Post#1262 » by WimpyDeer » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:20 pm

M-C-G wrote:
greekbuck34 wrote:

A blind homeless drug addict kid with an IQ of 14 can get better grades than that....

I hate our schemes, but I have trouble believing that Charlotte, one of the most under performing teams in the league is leaps and bounds better than anyone else.

Are you sure you understand what the ratings mean?
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#1263 » by M-C-G » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:25 pm

WimpyDeer wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
greekbuck34 wrote:

Are you sure you understand what the ratings mean?

Actually, I have no idea, but the team with the best scheme is currently 7 games under .500 with a pretty decent amount of talent, so I am taking this with a grain of salt is all. I firmly believe our score looks right though.
WimpyDeer
Sophomore
And1: 142

Post#1264 » by WimpyDeer » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:47 pm

Here is the individual tab for the Bucks scheme.

I will also post the Hornets "A" graded scheme tab for reference.

econniption
Rookie
And1: 1,123

Post#1265 » by econniption » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:50 pm

http://www.nba.com/powerrankings/2017-18-week-9#/

It'll be interesting to see what the defense (old or new) looks like against teams with better offenses.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#1266 » by M-C-G » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:51 pm

WimpyDeer wrote:Here is the individual tab for the Bucks scheme.

I will also post the Hornets "A" graded scheme tab for reference.

That grade definitely feels right for us.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,650

Post#1267 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:12 pm

The offense has been solid as of late but it's been buoyed by Middleton and Bledsoe taking and making a lot of mid-range jumpers. Which is still concerning because we still attempt a pathetic amount of 3's by modern NBA standards, even though we're hitting them at a good rate (8 for 17 against Utah).
DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Post#1268 » by DutchManDanFan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:39 pm

greekbuck34 wrote:

And Charlotte is doing great... Have fun with this. :lol:
econniption
Rookie
And1: 1,123

Post#1269 » by econniption » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:46 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:The offense has been solid as of late but it's been buoyed by Middleton and Bledsoe taking and making a lot of mid-range jumpers. Which is still concerning because we still attempt a pathetic amount of 3's by modern NBA standards, even though we're hitting them at a good rate (8 for 17 against Utah).

KG to the rescue, Ron. Moar turn-around jumpers from the post for wing players, pleeeze!!1!!1

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,130

Post#1270 » by JimmyTheKid » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:27 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:The offense has been solid as of late but it's been buoyed by Middleton and Bledsoe taking and making a lot of mid-range jumpers. Which is still concerning because we still attempt a pathetic amount of 3's by modern NBA standards, even though we're hitting them at a good rate (8 for 17 against Utah).

I doubt we'll ever be amongst the leaders, or even in the top half, as long as Giannis is around. His usage, combined with the fact that there are just too many easy two's to be had when he's imposing his will down low, will continue to result in a low attempt figure.
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 9,961

Post#1271 » by sidney lanier » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:37 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:

I doubt we'll ever be amongst the leaders, or even in the top half, as long as Giannis is around. His usage, combined with the fact that there are just too many easy two's to be had when he's imposing his will down low, will continue to result in a low attempt figure.

Agree. This is a little like a baseball team with Rod Carew, Tony Gwynn, and Pete Rose as its 1-2-3 hitters being criticized for having subpar power numbers by modern MLB standards.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,650

Post#1272 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:49 pm

That comparison might hold some weight for me if Tony Gwynn and Pete Rose had the innate ability to crush 30+ HR's a year but simply chose not to in lieu of hitting singles at a higher percentage, rather than the reality of them just being hit-for-average players by nature. Currently 28th in 3PT attempts with 4 players shooting over 40%, and 5 of the Top-6 non-big rotation players shooting substantially higher than league average.

No one's saying that this team should ever be launching 3's at a Top-3 pace like the Rockets or Warriors, but it should sure as hell be better than near dead-last in the league. Kidd's offense actively discourages early 3PT shots when the rest of the league has realized that good shots are good shots regardless of how much time is on the shot clock.
Ruhiel
Lead Assistant
And1: 45

Post#1273 » by Ruhiel » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:55 pm

Coach Kidd has made the franchise a place where Hall of Famers from other franchises have an open door to regularly come in to mentor players on a small market franchise. Kidd, Garnett, Stockton... Having relationships with so many notable players is something I haven't seen given enough credit... bringing HoF mentors to this small market franchise. Sort of like how GSW recruited West and Nash. I think its paying off. I've seen some people even advocating euro coaches but they won't be able to bring in a KG or a Stockton. I like the way this franchise is trending under Coach Kidd.
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 9,961

Post#1274 » by sidney lanier » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:06 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:That comparison might hold some weight for me if Tony Gwynn and Pete Rose had the innate ability to crush 30+ HR's a year but simply chose not to in lieu of hitting singles at a higher percentage, rather than the reality of them just being hit-for-average players by nature. Currently 28th in 3PT attempts with 4 players shooting over 40%, and 5 of the Top-6 non-big rotation players shooting substantially higher than league average.

That reminds me of one of my favorite baseball quotes of all time, which makes your point in reverse.

Babe Ruth wrote:If I'd just tried for them dinky singles I could've batted around .600.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#1275 » by greekbuck34 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:12 pm

Yeap that's definitely our Bucks. :D

I can't believe we are 15-10 playing under this system with literally just 6-7 players and half of our games without a quality PG and/or a dumb defensive scheme...
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
bankrupt euro
Junior
And1: 132

Post#1276 » by bankrupt euro » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:39 pm

We've got one of the few players in the league that can do Queen-of-the-board stuff like Bron and we shouldn't be shooting that many threes because we have the guy!? We should leverage the skills of the guy to create the damn things. He's great both as the handler and the roll man in the damn play, he's a very good passer, just put these skills in use by scheming some of that stuff.

27th in pace for a team with Giannis and Bled
Chuck Diesel wrote:Hahahah Kendrick Perkins with his midlife crisis post dunk scream.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,130

Post#1277 » by JimmyTheKid » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:43 pm

Ruhiel wrote:Coach Kidd has made the franchise a place where Hall of Famers from other franchises have an open door to regularly come in to mentor players on a small market franchise. Kidd, Garnett, Stockton... Having relationships with so many notable players is something I haven't seen given enough credit... bringing HoF mentors to this small market franchise. Sort of like how GSW recruited West and Nash. I think its paying off. I've seen some people even advocating euro coaches but they won't be able to bring in a KG or a Stockton. I like the way this franchise is trending under Coach Kidd.

Be prepared for the "yeah but" police to swoop in and explain why this actually isn't a good thing.

:D
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#1278 » by M-C-G » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:48 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
Ruhiel wrote:Coach Kidd has made the franchise a place where Hall of Famers from other franchises have an open door to regularly come in to mentor players on a small market franchise. Kidd, Garnett, Stockton... Having relationships with so many notable players is something I haven't seen given enough credit... bringing HoF mentors to this small market franchise. Sort of like how GSW recruited West and Nash. I think its paying off. I've seen some people even advocating euro coaches but they won't be able to bring in a KG or a Stockton. I like the way this franchise is trending under Coach Kidd.

Be prepared for the "yeah but" police to swoop in and explain why this actually isn't a good thing.

:D

Not from me, I think it is great. I also really appreciate that he used to (not sure if they still do) quiz the players on the history of the game. There are elements to Kidd that could make him a good coach for sure. The problem was giving him this job (well actually the Nets job first) without having to get some Asst. coaching done first.

I could see a scenario where a more humbled Kidd resurfaces in like 10 years and is a good coach, but he has a long way to go to get there.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,803

Post#1279 » by Prez » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:48 pm

Mids/Snell/Brogdon, combined 41% 3PT this season…combined 13.4 3PA per 36. Eric Gordon alone…11 3PA per 36.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#1280 » by M-C-G » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:50 pm

Prez wrote:Mids/Snell/Brogdon, combined 41% 3PT this season…combined 13.4 3PA per 36. Eric Gordon alone…11 3PA per 36.

I just overheard Kidd talking about how much untapped potential Eric Gordon's post game has.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks