ImageImage

Giannis - If You Don't Work You Don't Eat - Page 94

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,361

Re: Giannis -"As long as Milwaukee does the right moves and we're a championship team, I'm not going nowhere" - Page 42 

Post#1301 » by Ron Swanson » Sun May 27, 2018 4:53 pm

It's kinda sad that a superstar wanting to be a single franchise player and be the next Dirk or Kobe is seen as a "throwback" mentality these days. Even if he doesn't spend his entire career in Milwaukee, it's just refreshing having a guy who has loyalty to something other than himself and his "legacy" like so many insecure superstars of this generation.
Gam
Bench Warmer
And1: 806

Re: Giannis -"As long as Milwaukee does the right moves and we're a championship team, I'm not going nowhere" - Page 42 

Post#1302 » by Gam » Sun May 27, 2018 4:59 pm

sportsyard wrote:
Diggr14 wrote:
Gam wrote:
Let's bet RGM accounts. Looser deletes. Deal?

Giannis isnt going anywhere, his family is setting up roots her, he likes it in Milwaukee. As long as they are in the playoffs and making progress he isn’t leaving.

He isn’t a cupcake like Durant, or a LeRoid superteam crybaby like LeBron.

The way I see it, the team is capped out. $40m tied up in Snell, Delladova, Henson for long term deals. That will hold the bucks back from either resigning someone like Middleton who is underpaid, or signing a max player like Cousins who could help the team a lot. Without another star, this is a 6-8 seed team in the east every year. That will be eventually what moves him out of town in 20-21.

if this team is a 6-8 seed team going forward, the raps are a lotto team :lol: :lol: :lol:
DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Post#1303 » by DutchManDanFan » Sun May 27, 2018 5:00 pm

sportsyard wrote:The way I see it, the team is capped out. $40m tied up in Snell, Delladova, Henson for long term deals. That will hold the bucks back from either resigning someone like Middleton who is underpaid, or signing a max player like Cousins who could help the team a lot. Without another star, this is a 6-8 seed team in the east every year. That will be eventually what moves him out of town in 20-21.

The Bucks were close against Boston. LeBron is also in game 7 against Boston now for a place in the finals. With a better coach the Bucks could have competed against LeBron now. No way Bucks are a 6-8 team with Bud next 3 years.
DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Post#1304 » by DutchManDanFan » Sun May 27, 2018 5:04 pm

Johnny Firpo wrote:
DutchManDanFan wrote:I don’t think he cares if he makes 25 or 35 mil a year. He will never spend all this money in his life anyway.

So you are saying you expect him to take a huge paycut as soon as his next contract?

I don't think the supermax is his 1st priority. I see him take 'less' money to have a better chance to win a Championship. With the Bucks or somewhere else.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,356

Post#1305 » by M-C-G » Sun May 27, 2018 5:11 pm

I have such a hard time envisioning Giannis leaving where I don’t 100% blame our front office and ownership, that I can’t see a scenario with him leaving and me still caring about the Bucks any longer. I think that would just be the final straw for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
engelmartin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,867

Post#1306 » by engelmartin » Sun May 27, 2018 5:56 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:It's kinda sad that a superstar wanting to be a single franchise player and be the next Dirk or Kobe is seen as a "throwback" mentality these days. Even if he doesn't spend his entire career in Milwaukee, it's just refreshing having a guy who has loyalty to something other than himself and his "legacy" like so many insecure superstars of this generation.

Yeah, I still hate all of these spoiled Lakers fans who think for some reason every star is going to want to go there. LA really isn't even that nice. I'd rather be in New York. Everywhere other than Cleveland and Indiana better than Milwaukee, but not every NBA player only cares about 80 degree days with no rain and constantly worsening desertlike conditions.
KnicksGod wrote:Middleton probably the most underrated player in NBA History
Big Dog Yank
Senior
And1: 767

Post#1307 » by Big Dog Yank » Sun May 27, 2018 6:51 pm

sportsyard wrote:I see Giannis in another market next contract.... I'd bet everything on that.

I suppose with the overflow of misery on the Raps board, this guy wants to spread a little around.

As stated by others, the whole marketing opportunities argument is the product of a bygone era. Also, like others have said, the supermax deal will make leaving awfully painful from a financial standpoint. I know Giannis grew up poor, dirt poor actually, so I think someone like him would have an even harder time walking away from money, as opposed to someone who grew up in affluence. Our cap situation, while not ideal, is salvageable; unlike...say the Raptors...especially after this season.

Look, could Giannis leave? Of course he could. But coming in here swinging your d*** around with these flimsy arguments is pretty lame-even for a Raptors fan.
"Ready to Die"
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,619

Post#1308 » by Johnny Firpo » Sun May 27, 2018 7:30 pm

DutchManDanFan wrote:I don't think the supermax is his 1st priority. I see him take 'less' money to have a better chance to win a Championship. With the Bucks or somewhere else.

I could see him take less than the supermax, I guess, but even that will more than likely be more than $30 million. If he signs for less than that, kudos to him, but of course if signs for the supermax, that's totally understandable.
GB_Packers
Head Coach
And1: 1,248

Post#1309 » by GB_Packers » Sun May 27, 2018 10:06 pm

sportsyard wrote:
Diggr14 wrote:
Gam wrote:
Let's bet RGM accounts. Looser deletes. Deal?

Giannis isnt going anywhere, his family is setting up roots her, he likes it in Milwaukee. As long as they are in the playoffs and making progress he isn’t leaving.

He isn’t a cupcake like Durant, or a LeRoid superteam crybaby like LeBron.

The way I see it, the team is capped out. $40m tied up in Snell, Delladova, Henson for long term deals. That will hold the bucks back from either resigning someone like Middleton who is underpaid, or signing a max player like Cousins who could help the team a lot. Without another star, this is a 6-8 seed team in the east every year. That will be eventually what moves him out of town in 20-21.

:lol: :lol: you can just sense the desperation now that a real coach is here. I’d be **** terrified of a well coached Giannis lead Bucks team too. Even before any offseason moves will be made, this is already a 48 or 49 win team next season just by hiring Budenholzer. Sorry to break up the little fantasy of Giannis leaving though. That won’t cure the choking abilities of the brick duo in Toronto.
bootsythornton
Sixth Man
And1: 1,727

Post#1310 » by bootsythornton » Sun May 27, 2018 10:19 pm

I think you have to look at it objectively, not as a homer.

Bud is a great coach and will hands down make the bucks better. But... Middleton is going to need to be re-upped, will you max out Bledsoe as well? Those 3 guys as your top 3 will NEVER win a title, no matter how great Giannis is. And he is great. The long and the short of it is, Henson, Delli, and Snell combined are HORRIBLE contracts. Those are the deals that cripple a franchise. Raptors are a great example of it (Ibaka and Norm Powell = $30m next year).

The great teams and franchises don't waste money on bad contracts. Until those deals burn off the books for the Bucks, this team will always be held back. Which could make Giannis want to move on. In a few years the Knicks will be loaded with cap space, big markets like this will be a risk.

Its weak to say this is a salty Raptors fan. I actually like the bucks. Im objectively looking at your team saying this. The Raptors are a good team, capped out and will never get over the hump without a CDN star like RJ Barrett and a surrounding cast.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,220

Post#1311 » by Matches Malone » Sun May 27, 2018 10:59 pm

sportsyard wrote:Bud is a great coach and will hands down make the bucks better. But... Middleton is going to need to be re-upped, will you max out Bledsoe as well? Those 3 guys as your top 3 will NEVER win a title, no matter how great Giannis is. And he is great. The long and the short of it is, Henson, Delli, and Snell combined are HORRIBLE contracts. Those are the deals that cripple a franchise.

Those are no doubt crippling deals, but they all expire (minus Snell's player option) a year after next season. They essential become expiring trade chips. These aren't 5 year deals we're talking about. I doubt we max Bledsoe, and I'd bet we move him this season. I could see us maxing Middleton out, but after that, you're looking at a team with 2 max players and a bunch of free'd up salary to make some moves. As for the Jabari situation, I'm guessing he's gone too if he doesn't come at a discount. I think you're making the salary situation out to be way worse than it actually is. It's far from pretty, but it could all be cleared up the year before Giannis hits the market, assuming he even makes it to the open market and doesn't sign his supermax before that.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,684

Post#1312 » by Pachinko_ » Sun May 27, 2018 11:36 pm

Bud will make at least one of these guys not look like a bad contract.
I pick Snell.
bootsythornton
Sixth Man
And1: 1,727

Post#1313 » by bootsythornton » Mon May 28, 2018 1:59 am

Matches Malone wrote:
sportsyard wrote:Bud is a great coach and will hands down make the bucks better. But... Middleton is going to need to be re-upped, will you max out Bledsoe as well? Those 3 guys as your top 3 will NEVER win a title, no matter how great Giannis is. And he is great. The long and the short of it is, Henson, Delli, and Snell combined are HORRIBLE contracts. Those are the deals that cripple a franchise.

Those are no doubt crippling deals, but they all expire (minus Snell's player option) a year after next season. They essential become expiring trade chips. These aren't 5 year deals we're talking about. I doubt we max Bledsoe, and I'd bet we move him this season. I could see us maxing Middleton out, but after that, you're looking at a team with 2 max players and a bunch of free'd up salary to make some moves. As for the Jabari situation, I'm guessing he's gone too if he doesn't come at a discount. I think you're making the salary situation out to be way worse than it actually is. It's far from pretty, but it could all be cleared up the year before Giannis hits the market, assuming he even makes it to the open market and doesn't sign his supermax before that.

Milwaukee is kinda like Toronto with the perception of bad weather etc. You guys haven't signed a big name free agent in forever. Home grown is what it takes. Thats my concern..... you might have some max space, but no one wants to play there and the FO ends up spending it on middle of the road guys.

Bledsoe also reminds me a lot of the Lowry situation. Great player, limited demand in the marketplace, high contract expectation from the player. I could easily see the FO not landing a star and then turning to Bledsoe and giving him the max. Middleton deserves the max IMO. So between Middleton and Bledsoe and Snell, you'll have $65-68m tied up. Giannis' next contract would be a Supermax.... that makes the Bucks a luxury tax team. With Bledsoe as the third star.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,220

Post#1314 » by Matches Malone » Mon May 28, 2018 3:27 am

sportsyard wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:

Milwaukee is kinda like Toronto with the perception of bad weather etc. You guys haven't signed a big name free agent in forever. Home grown is what it takes. Thats my concern..... you might have some max space, but no one wants to play there and the FO ends up spending it on middle of the road guys.

Bledsoe also reminds me a lot of the Lowry situation. Great player, limited demand in the marketplace, high contract expectation from the player. I could easily see the FO not landing a star and then turning to Bledsoe and giving him the max. Middleton deserves the max IMO. So between Middleton and Bledsoe and Snell, you'll have $65-68m tied up. Giannis' next contract would be a Supermax.... that makes the Bucks a luxury tax team. With Bledsoe as the third star.

We haven't signed a big name free agent because we've had the bad weather AND have been a terrible franchise with no talent. We've got new facilities, arena, and a superstar finally. Not saying that's gonna get us a quality free agent, but it's more tempting to come to Milwaukee that it has been in decades. I just don't see anybody maxing Bledsoe if he plays like he did this year.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,684

Post#1315 » by Pachinko_ » Mon May 28, 2018 3:45 am

Matches Malone wrote:We haven't signed a big name free agent because we've had the bad weather AND have been a terrible franchise with no talent. We've got new facilities, arena, and a superstar finally. Not saying that's gonna get us a quality free agent, but it's more tempting to come to Milwaukee that it has been in decades. I just don't see anybody maxing Bledsoe if he plays like he did this year.

And we have a proper coach finally.

I also think the whole small market thing is overblown otherwise OKC and San Antonio would never have great players. And it's been used to death as an excuse by teams that have royally **** up.

I believe players will go wherever they will a) get paid b) have a significant role that advances their career and c) have a chance to win big. In this order probably. Now if they have multiple offers where a-b-c are equal they might start thinking about other stuff, but not before. And that's rare.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,969

Post#1316 » by drew881 » Mon May 28, 2018 4:22 am

Pachinko_ wrote:Bud will make at least one of these guys not look like a bad contract.
I pick Snell.

I would agree but Snell is a disaster mentally. Seems like he can never hit wide open shots. I’ll take Brogdon as the guy to come out ahead under Bud.
Big Dog Yank
Senior

Post#1317 » by Big Dog Yank » Mon May 28, 2018 5:43 am

sportsyard wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:

Why you keep insisting that Bledsoe is in this team's long-term plans, especially at a near max contract, is baffling to me. It's hard to take your cynical doom and gloom scenarios seriously when you keep doing this. No one here thinks that's going to happen.
"Ready to Die"
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,319

Post#1318 » by SupremeHustle » Mon May 28, 2018 2:34 pm

The biggest threat to Giannis leaving Milwaukee is him becoming politically "woke". All that other noise is just noise.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
Zeezprah
Analyst
And1: 1,569

Post#1319 » by Zeezprah » Mon May 28, 2018 3:54 pm

People talk about our bad contracts, but we could get rid of them if we really wanted to. at least 2 of the 3 of snell/henson/delly. And like was said earlier, only 2 years left on henson/delly.
Big Dog Yank
Senior

Post#1320 » by Big Dog Yank » Tue May 29, 2018 1:54 am

SupremeHustle wrote:The biggest threat to Giannis leaving Milwaukee is him becoming politically "woke". All that other noise is just noise.

Could you provide a little context here? I literally have no idea what you're talking about or how the two correlate.
"Ready to Die"

Return to Milwaukee Bucks