ImageImage

Giannis - If You Don't Work You Don't Eat - Page 94

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,677

Re: All Things Giannis - Happy 23rd Birthday 12/6! 

Post#341 » by chonestown » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:35 pm

Sometimes I think of the game-ending dunk shot Giannis converted on Saturday and then I am happy.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#342 » by greekbuck34 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:38 pm

chonestown wrote:Sometimes I think of the game-ending dunk shot Giannis converted on Saturday and then I am happy.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
milwaukee bunks
Senior
And1: 434

Post#343 » by milwaukee bunks » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:48 pm

from ESPN Power Rankings Week 9

The Greek Freak's dunk on Rudy Gobert might have been the play of the week and continued what has been a season-long string of posterizations for Giannis Antetokounmpo. According to Second Spectrum, he has more contested dunks than any player in the league this season while an NBA-best 32 different defenders have been victimized. -- Micah Adams
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,853

Post#344 » by coolhandluke121 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:53 pm

Honestly I'm not a fan of being allowed to carry the ball like that. Not sure I've ever seen anyone carry worse than Giannis does on a regular basis. I thought they were going to try to enforce that more? The game is more fun with tons of passing.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,752

Post#345 » by emunney » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:02 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:Honestly I'm not a fan of being allowed to carry the ball like that. Not sure I've ever seen anyone carry worse than Giannis does on a regular basis. I thought they were going to try to enforce that more? The game is more fun with tons of passing.

Have you ever seen Isaiah Thomas play? Giannis' carrying is garden variety.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#346 » by ReginaldDwight » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:03 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:Honestly I'm not a fan of being allowed to carry the ball like that. Not sure I've ever seen anyone carry worse than Giannis does on a regular basis. I thought they were going to try to enforce that more? The game is more fun with tons of passing.

Where does he carry it there? looks like his hand is on top of the ball at all times. Steph does worse every game.
coolhandluke121
RealGM

Post#347 » by coolhandluke121 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:06 pm

ReginaldDwight wrote:

Where does he carry it there? looks like his hand is on top of the ball at all times. Steph does worse every game.

Right outside the arc. His whole arm rotates and his palm is facing straight up on one of those. He rotates his palm so far under the ball that his whole arm has to adjust.
Big Dog Yank
Senior
And1: 767

Post#348 » by Big Dog Yank » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:25 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
ReginaldDwight wrote:

Right outside the arc. His whole arm rotates and his palm is facing straight up on one of those. He rotates his palm so far under the ball that his whole arm has to adjust.

Ah yes, let's hope the league begins strictly enforcing this so Giannis passes more instead of driving to the hoop. Giannis swinging the ball to Tony Snell rather than posterizing a hapless defender is truly what makes NBA basketball so great.
"Ready to Die"
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,378

Post#349 » by M-C-G » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:30 pm

There is nothing more fun than Giannis destroying souls on dunks like that. Maybe check out the WNBA?

crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,335

Post#350 » by crkone » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:32 pm

I think his hand can literally be on the bottom and the top of the ball at the same time.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
DaTrillStak
Ballboy
And1: 26

Post#351 » by DaTrillStak » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:32 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
ReginaldDwight wrote:

Having your palm facing straight up doesn't necessarily make it a carry. It's a carry when the ball's rotation stops, which it doesn't...also highlight truthers are the worst.
Read on Twitter
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,704

Post#352 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:39 pm

Until people stop fawning over Curry's "handles" and realize that he palms/carries the ball every other possession, I'm ok with the league not being sticklers about calling it on superstar Giannis. Cuz hypocrisy and all.
SKG
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Post#353 » by SKG » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:46 pm

I was watching some summer league games yesterday from 2015 man what happend with that shooting form
The commentators were really sleeping on Giannis back then
Even wolters tried not to pass to giannis, it was so akward to watch now that he is one of the greatest
coolhandluke121
RealGM

Post#354 » by coolhandluke121 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:54 pm

Big Dog Yank wrote:
Ah yes, let's hope the league begins strictly enforcing this so Giannis passes more instead of driving to the hoop. Giannis swinging the ball to Tony Snell rather than posterizing a hapless defender is truly what makes NBA basketball so great.

More passing would be better for the league. It's lame watching guys dribble so much. It's lame that they just let the ball-handler get away with so much. Isoball sucks. It leads to a few plays like that and a whole bunch of crap. Enforcing the rules about palming, carrying, and travelling would be more fun. Great passing is way more fun than isoball dribbling. You remember the Kings at the turn of the century? That was fun. Giannis would still get tons of dunks, but off more cutting and ball movement and while expending less energy.

This is also the reason U.S. teams full of all-stars lost to teams like Puerto Rico and Greece, who hardly had a single NBA player. It's dumb.
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,643

Post#355 » by Rainwater » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:57 pm

I think Paul Pierce mentioned something similar on the Jump. This may not be a valid excuse but the dude does have some giant hands, lol.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,241

Post#356 » by LUKE23 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:00 pm

Nothing Giannis does looks normal or possible, due to his freakish body dimensions. But I don't think he carries it any more than any of the other stars. Curry is terrible. So is Harden. They have definitely stepped up calling travels this year, or at least it seems that way. Maybe carrying is next.
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,012

Post#357 » by mattg » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:05 pm

Literally every NBA player's hesitation dribble is going to look like or be a carry when you watch the highlight.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,052

Post#358 » by humanrefutation » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:23 pm

TIL CHL is actually Fred Hoiberg.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,677

Post#359 » by chonestown » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:31 pm

This is your finest work.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,728

Post#360 » by AussieBuck » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:22 pm

emunney wrote:

Have you ever seen Isaiah Thomas play? Giannis' carrying is garden variety.

Curry, Harden, Westbrook and our Delly also do it a ton. I assume Delly gets the superstar treatment because like a random violation 60 feet from the basket or on a cherry pick dunk, nobody cares because it's harmless and he's not getting anything out of it. :D
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter

Return to Milwaukee Bucks