ImageImage

Giannis - If You Don't Work You Don't Eat - Page 94

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,852

Re: All Things Giannis - Happy 23rd Birthday 12/6! 

Post#361 » by coolhandluke121 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:22 pm

I didn't say he carries it worse than a lot of other guys, I said I don't think anyone else carries it worse than him. They're all equally bad. I think the NBA knows they have to change that for the benefit of the game, but they don't know how. It's just so engrained, but it takes away from what makes the game great.

It was the unselfishness and passing of Magic and Bird that saved the NBA from near extinction. That's a big part of what made their teams so compelling. There was a ton of apathy for the game early in this century as well, but the Suns and Kings and a little help from the refs for AI and the Lakers helped keep fan interest through those dark ages. It's about entertainment value, and more passing + better team play is far more entertaining. It would also be more efficient once players learn to execute it, but they never will if they're allowed to constantly bend the rules in favor of isoball. Look at the NFL, they get it. They made rules to make it easier to pass more because it's more fun to watch and faster-paced. No matter how quick you are off the dribble, it's still much faster to pass the ball around - just like no matter how fast an rb is, football is more fun when you pass more.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,163

Post#362 » by DingleJerry » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:30 pm

Yup, Spurs and Warriors made that evident over the years too. By far the best teams to watch the last 5-6 years. The Finals when the Spurs beat LBJ was like basketball nirvana, that team's offense was clicking on all levels. Youth coaches should be showing that to their kids all the time to try and ingrain in the heads that passing is better than iso kobe ball that gets pushed down their throats by marketing.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,695

Post#363 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:37 pm

NBA has a way bigger problem with illegal screens than it does with carrying violations IMO. There's no such thing as an illegal screen anymore, and the NBA absolutely wants it that way, cuz "MOAR THREES!".
har13
Analyst
And1: 1,520

Post#364 » by har13 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:37 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
Big Dog Yank wrote:
Ah yes, let's hope the league begins strictly enforcing this so Giannis passes more instead of driving to the hoop. Giannis swinging the ball to Tony Snell rather than posterizing a hapless defender is truly what makes NBA basketball so great.

More passing would be better for the league. It's lame watching guys dribble so much. It's lame that they just let the ball-handler get away with so much. Isoball sucks. It leads to a few plays like that and a whole bunch of crap. Enforcing the rules about palming, carrying, and travelling would be more fun. Great passing is way more fun than isoball dribbling. You remember the Kings at the turn of the century? That was fun. Giannis would still get tons of dunks, but off more cutting and ball movement and while expending less energy.

This is also the reason U.S. teams full of all-stars lost to teams like Puerto Rico and Greece, who hardly had a single NBA player. It's dumb.

:rofl: :lol: :lol: 8-) :naaa:
#FreeChuckDiesel

Sorry for my english guys. :(

It’s a magical weed.

emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,740

Post#365 » by emunney » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:48 pm

AussieBuck wrote:
emunney wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:Honestly I'm not a fan of being allowed to carry the ball like that. Not sure I've ever seen anyone carry worse than Giannis does on a regular basis. I thought they were going to try to enforce that more? The game is more fun with tons of passing.

Have you ever seen Isaiah Thomas play? Giannis' carrying is garden variety.

Curry, Harden, Westbrook and our Delly also do it a ton. I assume Delly gets the superstar treatment because like a random violation 60 feet from the basket or on a cherry pick dunk, nobody cares because it's harmless and he's not getting anything out of it. :D

I'm not sure it's actually a violation in the NBA unless the ball actually stops in its descent.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,043

Post#366 » by Magic Giannison » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:47 pm

har13 wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:
Big Dog Yank wrote:
Ah yes, let's hope the league begins strictly enforcing this so Giannis passes more instead of driving to the hoop. Giannis swinging the ball to Tony Snell rather than posterizing a hapless defender is truly what makes NBA basketball so great.

More passing would be better for the league. It's lame watching guys dribble so much. It's lame that they just let the ball-handler get away with so much. Isoball sucks. It leads to a few plays like that and a whole bunch of crap. Enforcing the rules about palming, carrying, and travelling would be more fun. Great passing is way more fun than isoball dribbling. You remember the Kings at the turn of the century? That was fun. Giannis would still get tons of dunks, but off more cutting and ball movement and while expending less energy.

This is also the reason U.S. teams full of all-stars lost to teams like Puerto Rico and Greece, who hardly had a single NBA player. It's dumb.

:rofl: :lol: :lol: 8-) :naaa:

Did this guy just talk about our GOAT NT that shiet on USA because USA couldn't even figure out the PNR ? :lol:
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Post#367 » by thomchatt3rton » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:43 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:I didn't say he carries it worse than a lot of other guys, I said I don't think anyone else carries it worse than him. They're all equally bad. I think the NBA knows they have to change that for the benefit of the game, but they don't know how. It's just so engrained, but it takes away from what makes the game great.

It was the unselfishness and passing of Magic and Bird that saved the NBA from near extinction. That's a big part of what made their teams so compelling. There was a ton of apathy for the game early in this century as well, but the Suns and Kings and a little help from the refs for AI and the Lakers helped keep fan interest through those dark ages. It's about entertainment value, and more passing + better team play is far more entertaining. It would also be more efficient once players learn to execute it, but they never will if they're allowed to constantly bend the rules in favor of isoball. Look at the NFL, they get it. They made rules to make it easier to pass more because it's more fun to watch and faster-paced. No matter how quick you are off the dribble, it's still much faster to pass the ball around - just like no matter how fast an rb is, football is more fun when you pass more.

IT's carrying is much worse. It's pretty shameless.

But I agree with you overall about more passing being good for the game etc. Definitely.
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#368 » by greekbuck34 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:12 pm

Espn RPM numbers have updated tonight and Giannis has risen once again.

When the first ones came out a few weeks ago I think he was 18th or something close to that with a DRPM worse than even Harden but within the last few weeks the numbers start being a bit more realistic and he is now 6th under Harden, Curry, Lebron, Jokic and Cousins.

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/RPM
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,421

Post#369 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:58 pm

I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Wiscfan92
Starter
And1: 206

Re: All Things Giannis - Alex Travels, Giannis not Happy - Page 19 

Post#370 » by Wiscfan92 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:05 pm

Did I miss something here? What is he unhappy about?

Edit: thought it was a list, I get that he was unhappy about the travel now.
Play your role till your role change. Pay your dues till your dues paid.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,484

Post#371 » by SupremeHustle » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:05 pm

Clickbait. PP, waive MD for 12 hours, please.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,421

Post#372 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:07 pm

Lol, come on, he was clearly unhappy about the call on his brother. Have to keep this board engaged when there's 4 days between games.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,740

Post#373 » by emunney » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:11 pm

Haha definitely a travel in HS. Probably in the NBA too but from behind couldn't judge the gather.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
yannisk
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,739

Post#374 » by yannisk » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:26 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:https://streamable.com/2vy99

Hilarious

He didn't like the call but was also surprised he needed so many steps from half court to dunk the ball :D
SirChurros
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,798

Re: All Things Giannis - Alex Travels, Giannis Not Happy - Page 19 

Post#375 » by SirChurros » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:06 pm

The Ballislife video on YouTube for that game is garbage clickbait.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,019

Post#376 » by humanrefutation » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:21 pm

The updated thread title scared me half to death.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,403

Post#377 » by GoldenAntlers » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:40 pm

Horrible title. Going to give older users a heart attack.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,331

Post#378 » by crkone » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:45 pm

Please change title to "Giannis pissed off"

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,028

Post#379 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:07 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:https://streamable.com/2vy99

Hilarious

What's the set up for giannis there? Does the guy in front of him keep people away or are they respectful enough to leave him alone? Does he sign after games?

I just can't imagine lebron chilling in a small gym without being hoarded by fans. I like to think I'm a decent human being but realize I'm a pos cause I would try getting a pic with him.
ackypoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,355

Post#380 » by ackypoo » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:09 pm

GoldenAntlers wrote:Horrible title. Going to give older users a heart attack.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

seriously. im scrambling around trying to find the story. its buried in a streamable link, and its a highschool game.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks