ImageImage

Giannis - If You Don't Work You Don't Eat - Page 94

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

pxp920
Bench Warmer
And1: 406

Re: All Things Giannis - Alex Travels, Giannis Can't Believe It - Page 19 

Post#801 » by pxp920 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:35 pm

panos291 wrote:Giannis biggest weakness is his shot. Not his footwork, or his mentality, but his shot. Everyone knows it including himself.
So, why does he want to train with Kobe and not Dirk's coach? I don't get it.

He works on it and said that he wants to train with Kobe.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,753

Re: RE: Re: All Things Giannis - Alex Travels, Giannis Can't Believe It - Page 19 

Post#802 » by emunney » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:46 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
Lava Rock Kid wrote:Jazz fan here. Huge mistake to let him go workout with Kobe. Gordon Hayward did two summers ago, Kobe told him not to stay in a small market, go somewhere to attract free agents and then Hayward went to Boston the next summer.

I wouldn’t do it. We need more superstars in small markets. Rooting for you to keep him.

I am sure Giannis is saying all the right things. So did Hayward. Utah was sure he would stay.

I'm not going to sit around and worry about something I can't control. If he leaves then he leaves. I've rooted for the Bucks well before he was thought of and I'll root for the Bucks well after he's gone. I have no reason to believe he'll leave.
Damn this is healthy af
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,715

Post#803 » by Pachinko_ » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:53 pm

Dirk's coach is not a shooting coach. He has a camp in Germany and wants to take people in and rebuild their everything from A to Z. And it's all a bit weird to be honest, he makes them dance and do other sports and **** like that, and then he wants to take over and be a manager and life mentor like he was for Dirk.

Maybe he wants to do a shooting-only clinic privately for Giannis, maybe he wants more, who knows.
panos291
Sophomore
And1: 123

Post#804 » by panos291 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:00 pm

pxp920 wrote:
panos291 wrote:Giannis biggest weakness is his shot. Not his footwork, or his mentality, but his shot. Everyone knows it including himself.

I mean Kobe wasn’t the best shooter himself, he shot around 35% on 3s.
Sure he can help with mentality, footwork, motivation etc, but is he the best guy to help him improve his shooting? Idk
bucksbrewers3
Starter
And1: 292

Post#805 » by bucksbrewers3 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:17 pm

It’s not about a physical workout with Kobe as it is a mental thing. Kobe has a rare innate ability to see how other players do what they do and why they do it. That alone is worth a workout for a few weeks and exactly what Giannis meant by picking his brain.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,655

Post#806 » by blazza18 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:07 am

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Read on Twitter
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
pankos
Ballboy
And1: 17

Post#807 » by pankos » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:11 am

blazza18 wrote:LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Read on Twitter

ahahaha 8-)
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,121

Post#808 » by Shaffty » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:30 am

Read on Twitter

"Giannis was getting ready before practice today, getting a stretch in … getting a little soft-tissue rub-down and all that kind of stuff and Coach (Mike) D’Antoni walked up and was like, ‘Does he know we’re actually not really practicing?’

"I like that about him. He takes everything he does seriously and that’s cool.”
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,066

Post#809 » by humanrefutation » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:58 am

Matches Malone wrote:
Lava Rock Kid wrote:Jazz fan here. Huge mistake to let him go workout with Kobe. Gordon Hayward did two summers ago, Kobe told him not to stay in a small market, go somewhere to attract free agents and then Hayward went to Boston the next summer.

I wouldn’t do it. We need more superstars in small markets. Rooting for you to keep him.

I am sure Giannis is saying all the right things. So did Hayward. Utah was sure he would stay.

I'm not going to sit around and worry about something I can't control. If he leaves then he leaves. I've rooted for the Bucks well before he was thought of and I'll root for the Bucks well after he's gone. I have no reason to believe he'll leave.

I'm not worried that Kobe's advice will convince Giannis to leave - if that is his advice in this case. I'm worried the Bucks will give him a reason to leave with their own failure to build a team that is good enough to compete for a title. If Kobe's influence is relevant, all it will demonstrate is that greatness is measured in titles before anything.

And, FWIW, Kobe never left LA. He got close at times. He had a couple relatively lean years post-Shaq, and post-Gasol, when he could have agitated for a move. But he never left. That may be relevant to Giannis.
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,121

Post#810 » by Shaffty » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:39 am

humanrefutation wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:

I'm not worried that Kobe's advice will convince Giannis to leave - if that is his advice in this case. I'm worried the Bucks will give him a reason to leave with their own failure to build a team that is good enough to compete for a title. If Kobe's influence is relevant, all it will demonstrate is that greatness is measured in titles before anything.

And, FWIW, Kobe never left LA. He got close at times. He had a couple relatively lean years post-Shaq, and post-Gasol, when he could have agitated for a move. But he never left. That may be relevant to Giannis.

Giannis has only ever said he wants to be like Kobe for Milwaukee. I dont know why we doubt him. Look at the girl he has, and the life off the court he lives. He isn't your average superstar he is himself, he is solely Giannis and there has never been anyone like him.
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,630

Post#811 » by Gianstoppable » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:46 am

May have been mentioned but Giannis mentioned in an interview that he would want LeBron to sign with the Bucks next year. I think Giannis is pretty commited to Milwaukee
#FreeChuckDiesel
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,321

Post#812 » by KidA24 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:03 am

pxp920 wrote:

Because he's been coached for three **** years that turn around fade aways and **** long two's are good shots.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,066

Post#813 » by humanrefutation » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:11 am

Gianstoppable wrote:May have been mentioned but Giannis mentioned in an interview that he would want LeBron to sign with the Bucks next year. I think Giannis is pretty commited to Milwaukee

He's committed to Milwaukee for three more years. That's all we can count on, for sure. Anything beyond that will be a blessing that this fan base certainly deserves, but this franchise has to earn.
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,260

Post#814 » by FlagsFlyForever » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:20 am

humanrefutation wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:

I'm not going to worry about Kobe influencing Giannis' decision to leave Milwaukee but the point was that Kobe advises players to leave small markets for large markets. In that regard, Kobe playing his entire career in the NBA's second largest market is consistent with Kobe's belief that superstars should play in large markets.

Perhaps more noteworthy is how Kobe ended up on the Lakers in the first place. Before Kobe was drafted, he threatened to play in Italy if he wasn't drafted by a large market team (he was drafted by Charlotte and then traded to LA). I think it's safe to say Kobe Bryant would've never played for the Bucks but Giannis is his own person.
Read on Twitter
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,715

Post#815 » by Pachinko_ » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:26 am

Nah that's BS
It's so much more heroic and better story to join a small market team at zero and slowly push them all the way to a ring.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,655

Post#816 » by blazza18 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:40 am

Y’all dudes are worrying about the dumbest ****.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Zeezprah
Analyst
And1: 1,569

Post#817 » by Zeezprah » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:46 pm

prematurely worrying about giannis leaving is such a defeatist attitude. he's here three more years, he's shown no indication he wants to leave, and on the small chance he does, life moves on.

run a top class organization, and let the cards fall as they may.
Aaron It Out
General Manager
And1: 3,101

Post#818 » by Aaron It Out » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:49 pm

Is there some truth to Shaq/Dwight both leaving Orlando because of this kind of attitude? IIRC both players have said something along the lines of the fans and media "assuming" he was going to leave, constantly asking him about it/pleading with him to stay. Getting so bad to the point where they actually wanted to leave.
EastSideBucksFan wrote:At some point this board is going to have to drop their stupid bullsht agendas and just enjoy the team for once.
kid idioteque
Analyst
And1: 2,542

Post#819 » by kid idioteque » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:54 pm

Another thing in our favor as far as Giannis staying - one that people don't mention too often - is that Milwaukee IS his American home. In a lot of ways he's grown up here. Obviously LeBron left Cleveland but Giannis doesn't have another hometown NBA team to go play for. We're it.
sdn40
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,418

Post#820 » by sdn40 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:25 pm

Of course Milwaukee was his blankey, first teddy bear, first love, a place he was committed to. Everyone would feel exactly the same way if they moved to a new country and knew absolutely nothing and barely spoke the language. Dude sold pencils so he could eat, he knows how to survive.
Then you grow up, get a special red bell, and realize the whole damn country is your oyster, and the blankey goes in the memory chest.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks