ImageImage

Giannis - If You Don't Work You Don't Eat - Page 94

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,702

Re: All Things Giannis - Alex Travels, Giannis Can't Believe It - Page 19 

Post#821 » by Matches Malone » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:31 pm

"As long as Milwaukee does the right moves and we're a championship [contending] team, I'm not going nowhere," Antetokounmpo said. "This is my home. All I know is loyalty and this is an organization that [has preached that] since day one and hopefully I can help them bring joy to the fans and bring joy to the city in the future with a championship."

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
bucksfansince88
Analyst
And1: 1,777

Post#822 » by bucksfansince88 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:39 pm

A few more thon and dj Wilson’s and crippling roster flexibility moves with the snells Delly and Teletovics and i could see Giannis bolting to the lakers
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#823 » by Matches Malone » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:46 pm

Yes, because the Lakers have shown to be world beaters during their rebuild.
panos291
Sophomore
And1: 123

Post#824 » by panos291 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:19 pm

bucksfansince88 wrote:A few more thon and dj Wilson’s and crippling roster flexibility moves with the snells Delly and Teletovics and i could see Giannis bolting to the lakers

Bad choices but they were 10 and 17. What about Jabari being selected above Embiid? Everyone was considering Embiid would be nr 1. Cavs gave a present to Milwaukee and didn't take it.
AntetokounmBros
Rookie
And1: 1,185

Post#825 » by AntetokounmBros » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:45 pm

panos291 wrote:
bucksfansince88 wrote:A few more thon and dj Wilson’s and crippling roster flexibility moves with the snells Delly and Teletovics and i could see Giannis bolting to the lakers

Bad choices but they were 10 and 17. What about Jabari being selected above Embiid? Everyone was considering Embiid would be nr 1. Cavs gave a present to Milwaukee and didn't take it.

I don't really blame them for taking Jabari over Embiid. I was a huge Embiid fan and he was my clear #1 pick, even with all the Wiggins and Parker hype that year, but then there was the back injury during the season, then the foot injury. Those were major red flags, especially for a big man.

We had just dealt with Bogut a few years back, and there had been other talented players like Oden, Yao Ming, etc. who had their careers shortened by injuries. If there were no other potential stars at our pick, sure, but Jabari and Wiggins were in the same tier and were healthy.
pankos
Ballboy
And1: 17

Post#826 » by pankos » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:51 pm

AntetokounmBros wrote:
panos291 wrote:

I don't really blame them for taking Jabari over Embiid. I was a huge Embiid fan and he was my clear #1 pick, even with all the Wiggins and Parker hype that year, but then there was the back injury during the season, then the foot injury. Those were major red flags, especially for a big man.

We had just dealt with Bogut a few years back, and there had been other talented players like Oden, Yao Ming, etc. who had their careers shortened by injuries. If there were no other potential stars at our pick, sure, but Jabari and Wiggins were in the same tier and were healthy.

agree with y , also im not sure about Embiid character, i think he's more punk thn me,maybe i'm wrong..idk
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#827 » by Matches Malone » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:16 pm

I don't blame the Bucks for taking Parker over Embiid. He was more of a sure thing and nobody could have predicted his injuries. Both times he's come back, he looks like an all-star. Embiid has his own injury woes. He hasn't played a full season yet.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,070

Post#828 » by humanrefutation » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:16 pm

Aaron It Out wrote:Is there some truth to Shaq/Dwight both leaving Orlando because of this kind of attitude? IIRC both players have said something along the lines of the fans and media "assuming" he was going to leave, constantly asking him about it/pleading with him to stay. Getting so bad to the point where they actually wanted to leave.

Shaq has pretty much said that the reason he left is because the Magic lowballed him.
bucksfansince88
Analyst
And1: 1,777

Post#829 » by bucksfansince88 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:22 pm

AntetokounmBros wrote:
panos291 wrote:

No nuts no glory! You take the clear once in a generation talent like hinkie did
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,230

Post#830 » by thomchatt3rton » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:31 pm

bucksfansince88 wrote:
AntetokounmBros wrote:
panos291 wrote:

No nuts no glory! You take the clear once in a generation talent like hinkie did

Did Hinkie say he would've taken Embiid first if PHI had got the #1 pick? Or did he just take Embiid because they picked 3rd and preferred biid to Exum et.al.?
Zeezprah
Analyst
And1: 1,569

Post#831 » by Zeezprah » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:33 pm

yea i don't get how anyone can blame the bucks for taking parker. i think most had embiid as the #1 overall prospect, but his medicals were no-go's from 2 team physician teams. i don't think anyone doubted if he'd ever play in the NBA, it was how many games would he play. that will continue to be a development for his entire career.

if he ends up playing 10 years of injury free basketball, we made the wrong call, but i wouldn't count on that at this point. and i don't cheer for NBA injuries, i just believe in expected value when evaluating prospects.
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,121

Post#832 » by Shaffty » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:29 am

humanrefutation wrote:
Aaron It Out wrote:Is there some truth to Shaq/Dwight both leaving Orlando because of this kind of attitude? IIRC both players have said something along the lines of the fans and media "assuming" he was going to leave, constantly asking him about it/pleading with him to stay. Getting so bad to the point where they actually wanted to leave.

Shaq has pretty much said that the reason he left is because the Magic lowballed him.

Yeah, He said in the Kobe interview thing that the Lakers got him the number he wanted
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,070

Re: RE: Re: All Things Giannis - Alex Travels, Giannis Can't Believe It - Page 19 

Post#833 » by humanrefutation » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:32 am

Shaffty wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:

Yeah, He said in the Kobe interview thing that the Lakers got him the number he wanted

Yeah, he talked about it in the Shaq/Penny ESPN 30 for 30, too. He was about to ink an extension with Orlando, but I think it was Alonzo Mourning who got a huge contract from Miami that upped Shaq's demands. Then, the Magic came in with an insulting offer that they only improved after he had already signed with LA.
Tfence92
Starter
And1: 435

Post#834 » by Tfence92 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:45 am

Zeezprah wrote:yea i don't get how anyone can blame the bucks for taking parker. i think most had embiid as the #1 overall prospect, but his medicals were no-go's from 2 team physician teams. i don't think anyone doubted if he'd ever play in the NBA, it was how many games would he play. that will continue to be a development for his entire career.

if he ends up playing 10 years of injury free basketball, we made the wrong call, but i wouldn't count on that at this point. and i don't cheer for NBA injuries, i just believe in expected value when evaluating prospects.

I personally loved Embiid the most of everyone available, but with all the injuries they just couldn't take him. Can't fault the Bucks at all.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,530

Post#835 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:34 pm

"As long as Milwaukee does the right moves and we're a championship (contending) team, I'm not going nowhere," Antetokounmpo said. "This is my home. All I know is loyalty and this is an organization that (has preached that) since day one and hopefully I can help them bring joy to the fans and bring joy to the city in the future with a championship."
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
ackypoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,355

Re: Giannis -"As long as Milwaukee does the right moves and we're a championship (contending) team, I'm not going nowher 

Post#836 » by ackypoo » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:45 pm

i dont have any faith in this organization to put together a championship caliber team by the time his contract is up.

our only hope is that we resign jabari and he becomes an absolutel world beater this offseason. or we can magically unload a bunch of salary and nail some picks in the draft. both of those are snowballs chance in hell scenarios.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,530

Re: Giannis -"As long as Milwaukee does the right moves and we're a championship (contending) team, I'm not going nowher 

Post#837 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:55 pm

I think he said what we all presumed. If we are a contender he stays, if not he goes. LED haven't exactly instilled a lot of confidence that they know what they are doing when it comes to basketball.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,847

Post#838 » by VooDoo7 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:59 pm

Giannis telling Steph that he liked how they (Golden State) play, and that he likes how they have fun out on the court, says a lot about where' this team is at with it's current roster construction.

It doesn't help that we run a **** offense under Kidd/Prunty. But as I've said before, it just doesn't seem like these guys enjoy playing with each other.
ackypoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,355

Re: Giannis -"As long as Milwaukee does the right moves and we're a championship team, I'm not going nowhere" - Page 42 

Post#839 » by ackypoo » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:00 pm

we didnt want to do a proper rebuild, its goign to bite us in the ass, and lose us our only franchise player in 50 years.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,712

Re: Giannis -"As long as Milwaukee does the right moves and we're a championship team, I'm not going nowhere" - Page 42 

Post#840 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:04 pm

As much as I dread the thought of him potentially leaving, no player has (yet) turned down the designated super-max extension, which he'll certainly be eligible for when it comes up. Giannis will have $200 million reasons to stick around.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks