Giannis - If You Don't Work You Don't Eat - Page 94

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

engelmartin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,867

Re: All Things Giannis - Alex Travels, Giannis Can't Believe It - Page 19 

Post#841 » by engelmartin » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:04 pm

panos291 wrote:
bucksfansince88 wrote:A few more thon and dj Wilson’s and crippling roster flexibility moves with the snells Delly and Teletovics and i could see Giannis bolting to the lakers

Bad choices but they were 10 and 17. What about Jabari being selected above Embiid? Everyone was considering Embiid would be nr 1. Cavs gave a present to Milwaukee and didn't take it.

Lakers are gonna have three or four Max contracts by the time Giannis is a free agent. They'll definitely overpay George this off-season, possibly sign Lebron. Then they'll have to pay Ingram. I don't think they're gonna be in any position to make a move for Giannis in four years.

There'll definitely be other teams that have room, though.
KnicksGod wrote:Middleton probably the most underrated player in NBA History
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,900

Re: Giannis -"As long as Milwaukee does the right moves and we're a championship team, I'm not going nowhere" - Page 42 

Post#842 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:07 pm

How long before his contract is up can we extend him again?
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,823

Re: Giannis -"As long as Milwaukee does the right moves and we're a championship team, I'm not going nowhere" - Page 42 

Post#843 » by worthlessBucks » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:11 pm

He's going somewhere. Temple meme
Go Bucks!
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Re: Giannis -"As long as Milwaukee does the right moves and we're a championship (contending) team, I'm not going nowher 

Post#844 » by Bucksfan28 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:36 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:Giannis telling Steph that he liked how they (Golden State) play, and that he likes how they have fun out on the court, says a lot about where' this team is at with it's current roster construction.

It doesn't help that we run a **** offense under Kidd/Prunty. But as I've said before, it just doesn't seem like these guys enjoy playing with each other.

I have a few scattered thoughts:

1) I think that's mostly Giannis still being a young, innocent foreigner who is still in awe at times of how far he's come and the company he's surrounded by.
2) It's easy to look that overjoyed when you have their talent, are winning 70 games a year, and are a lock to win the Finals every year. And it's fine to wanna replicate that culture but GS shouldn't be the benchmark when judging roster morale or cohesion.
3) Considering the ****bag that most of the core played under for multiple years, I'm not surprised if that's how they look to some fans. As they move further from that and hopefully toward a better style of basketball, that appearance could easily change.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,431

Post#845 » by emunney » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:36 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:How long before his contract is up can we extend him again?

9/20/2019 he'll be eligible for another extension (of up to 3 more years on the end of his current deal).
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,352

Post#846 » by M-C-G » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:39 pm

Let's just hope that wasn't a cleverly dropped double negative that we some day look back on as the beginning of the end!
emunney
RealGM

Post#847 » by emunney » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:40 pm

If we can't put together a contender around Giannis in 3.5 years, we should let him go for the good of the sport.
emunney
RealGM

Post#848 » by emunney » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:53 pm

Giannis right now is 27.8/10.4/4.8/1.4/1.3.

List of 27/10/4/1/1 guys in NBA history:

Kareem (3x)
Giannis
Bird
McAdoo
David Robinson
Webber

Webber's the only guy without rings, but that early 00's Sacto team was certainly a contender.
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,760

Post#849 » by fansinceforever » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:56 pm

It shouldn't shock anybody if Giannis considers leaving because this franchise hasn't gotten its **** together. I won't even be mad at him.

Giannis is fair and will give us every opportunity to do right by him and his career.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,684

Post#850 » by Pachinko_ » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:00 pm

From "I have loyalty in my blood"
to "as long as you make the right moves..." :lol:
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,319

Post#851 » by crkone » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:02 pm

We need improvements in the middle of the roster. People need to outplay their contracts. Looking at you Snell, Delly, and Henson. Henson is doing alright though I guess.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
IrishRainbow
Veteran
And1: 900

Re: RE: Re: Giannis -"As long as Milwaukee does the right moves and we're a championship team, I'm not going nowhere" - 

Post#852 » by IrishRainbow » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:25 pm

Pachinko_ wrote:From "I have loyalty in my blood"
to "as long as you make the right moves..."
even loyalty has it's limits. Especially if it isn't reciprocated.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using RealGM mobile app
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,587

Post#853 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:30 pm

emunney wrote:Giannis right now is 27.8/10.4/4.8/1.4/1.3.

List of 27/10/4/1/1 guys in NBA history:

Kareem (3x)
Giannis
Bird
McAdoo
David Robinson
Webber

Webber's the only guy without rings, but that early 00's Sacto team was certainly a contender.

Webber was awesome before he got old and chubby, one of my favorite players and I loved those Kings teams. They should have won a ring.

That is quite the list.
SirChurros
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,788

Post#854 » by SirChurros » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:30 pm

It'll be interesting to see what Horst does this summer/into next season. His hands are pretty tied given the current roster and how things sit from a salary perspective, but we'll see.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,785

Post#855 » by VooDoo7 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:44 pm

Loyalty is in my DNA, as long as you don't surround me with turds.

I think that's pretty reasonable.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,900

Post#856 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:13 pm

I don't think anyone would blame him for leaving if we haven't built a contender around him in EIGHT years. We're in year 5 already. LED were handed Giannis and the #2 overall when they bought the team. They then proceeded to draft Vaughn, Maker and Wilson in the first round. FIring Kidd was a step in the right direction (depending what they do with the coaches position this summer). As much of a **** show it was replacing Hammond so far Horst hasn't done anything bad. Maybe he'll be ok, we don't know yet.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#857 » by HurricaneKid » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:21 pm

Still, even if its a fair response, it is CERTAINLY a big adjustment. And given how far down the road he has come on that in just 1 year, its a little jarring. Especially if you extrapolate for 3 more years...
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,429

Post#859 » by blazza18 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:30 pm

emunney wrote:If we can't put together a contender around Giannis in 3.5 years, we should let him go for the good of the sport.

We need to get really lucky in the draft or hope an all nba talent wants to play with Giannis.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
sdn40
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,418

Post#860 » by sdn40 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:33 pm

So in the span of a year or two Giannis has added conditions to "I'm never leaving." Shocker
No surprise to me as I knew why he held on so dearly to Milwaukee to begin with, but it should be a lesson to those that took it at face value. Sooner or later loyalty always drops to last on the list of priorities. It was only a matter of time before other players and agents got in his ear. More importantly, Milwaukee isn't his blanky anymore

Return to Milwaukee Bucks