Cost of acquisition matters IMMENSELY
bigredbadger
Sophomore
And1: 31

Re: Trade Ideas 

Post#1002 » by bigredbadger » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:24 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:CHL--

is there a contract number where you WOULD keep Jabari?

yes or no question and what would the number be?

MLE-ish, but even then I'd rather have the MLE open for more of a glue guy. If he's healthy, he deserves more, but only for a team that needs a Jabari-level scorer. I don't think the Bucks do. So despite all the accusations of me being a hater, it's not just me not liking Jabari's game; it's that investing in a scorer like that is a luxury on a team that has much more pressing needs. That's always been a key part of my argument, but there were so many people changing the narrative and calling me a total hater that it got lost.

How much more? if youre a team like the nets, how much do you offer him in restricted free agency?
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,461

Post#1003 » by Matches Malone » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:25 pm

Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#1004 » by mlloyd10 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:25 pm

M-C-G wrote:
mlloyd10 wrote:Howard or DJ?

I really wonder what will cost more
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#1005 » by M-C-G » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:27 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

Charlotte is sucking, I would guess they would take an expiring for Howard. DJ should cost more
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,130

Post#1006 » by Funcrusher » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:50 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
BobThunder wrote:
The team scores 104 points per game. There are many possessions even now where they struggle to score or even create good shots. The defense is not a juggernaut where they can afford the luxury of not investing in a pure scorer like Jabari. I'm not sure any team has that luxury, except Golden State.

They're struggling on offense because they are playing GP2, Liggins, Thon, and Henson all the time. They're already too top-heavy as it is. Bledsoe, Giannis, and Khris can easily be the linchpins of an elite offense, just like Curry, Klay, and Green before KD. Spending all that money on Jabari would be incredibly foolish.

Yes, obviously if their roster is lacking then they will most likely struggle on offense. Why else would they struggle, and how would Jabari not improve the roster?

Bledsoe, Giannis and Khris are not comparable as a trio to Curry, Klay and Green, and since Durant joined that discussion is a moot point anyway. You also make it seem as if they HAVE to pay guys like Bledsoe and Khris big money down the road which I don't think is true. I'm pretty sure with those guys, particularly Bledsoe, we've seen their ceiling already, and it's not close to the potential of Jabari.

And who's saying they have to spend all this money on Jabari? On one hand you talk as if he doesn't deserve a big contract, but then you say that spending so much money on him is foolish as if it's a forgone conclusion. There are options the Bucks have based on Jabari's performance this year, and I also think it'd be fair to say that regardless of his performance they have leverage based on his history. You seem very quick to close the book on this guy when you have the opportunity to see what he can do at this point in his development for a good chunk of this remaining season.
gh123 wrote:Zion lucky if he gets 18 ppg on decent efficiency. Midget big man is a no-career in NBA. Chuck being the only wonder. Zion is the next Tractor Trailer at best.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#1007 » by Rockmaninoff » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:58 pm

All I know is that GSW can put a Curry/Thompson/Iggy/Durant/Green lineup on the floor. You want to win titles, you better have comparable firepower.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,648

Post#1008 » by emunney » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:58 pm

BobThunder wrote:
emunney wrote:Would be very interested in getting one of MKG or Winslow. Unselfish elite defenders with the strength and athleticism to guard just about anybody. I look at what the Rockets can accomplish playing PJ Tucker at C and wonder what we'd look like for 10-15 mpg with a better version. It doesn't seem like either guy factors prominently into his team's plans.

Michael Kidd Gilchrist? What would you give up for him or Winslow?

It'd probably have to involve Jabari in either case.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Rockmaninoff
General Manager

Post#1009 » by Rockmaninoff » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:01 pm

emunney wrote:Would be very interested in getting one of MKG or Winslow. Unselfish elite defenders with the strength and athleticism to guard just about anybody. I look at what the Rockets can accomplish playing PJ Tucker at C and wonder what we'd look like for 10-15 mpg with a better version. It doesn't seem like either guy factors prominently into his team's plans.

Yeah, I've had similar thoughts for someone to play small 4 when Giannis is 5.

I was thinking DJ for Stanley Johnson.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

emunney
RealGM

Post#1010 » by emunney » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:01 pm

Rockmaninoff wrote:All I know is that GSW can put a Curry/Thompson/Iggy/Durant/Green lineup on the floor. You want to win titles, you better have comparable firepower.

Not realistic. Nobody's beating that team. You're competing with the GSW team that's missing Durant or Curry for the series.
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant

Post#1011 » by Funcrusher » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:15 pm

emunney wrote:
BobThunder wrote:

Michael Kidd Gilchrist? What would you give up for him or Winslow?

Would a Winslow deal also include one of Ellington/Tyler Johnson and a pick? If so, I could be on board with that.
gh123 wrote:Zion lucky if he gets 18 ppg on decent efficiency. Midget big man is a no-career in NBA. Chuck being the only wonder. Zion is the next Tractor Trailer at best.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#1012 » by M-C-G » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:15 pm

Rockmaninoff wrote:All I know is that GSW can put a Curry/Thompson/Iggy/Durant/Green lineup on the floor. You want to win titles, you better have comparable firepower.

Offensive firepower has never been more important in the league than it is right now if you want to win. There are 5 teams scoring over 110 points and 17 teams scoring more points than us.

Adding Jabari's offense to mix may be enough to push into a top 5 offense in this league. But I think we'd have to change up our scheme and push the pace quite a bit more.
Whiteman
Rookie
And1: 209

Post#1013 » by Whiteman » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:16 pm

M-C-G wrote:
mlloyd10 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

Charlotte is sucking, I would guess they would take an expiring for Howard. DJ should cost more

An expiring for Howard would mean his value has increased.
The Hawks basically had to pay Charlotte to take Howard off their hands - they traded Howard and #31 for Belinelli, Miles 'Untradeable' Plumlee and #41.

I wouldn't give up much for DJ (contract situation, fit, attitude), but I don't want Howard at all. Just can't see any scenario where one of these guys improve The Bucks long term.
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant

Post#1014 » by Funcrusher » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:16 pm

emunney wrote:

Not realistic. Nobody's beating that team. You're competing with the GSW team that's missing Durant or Curry for the series.

Lebron on his plane ride to Houston in the offseason says I think not.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager

Post#1015 » by Rockmaninoff » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:21 pm

emunney wrote:

Sure, but when I hear scoring* is a luxury, my mind goes to GSW and how it's essential.

emunney
RealGM

Post#1016 » by emunney » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:28 pm

BobThunder wrote:
emunney wrote:
BobThunder wrote:Michael Kidd Gilchrist? What would you give up for him or Winslow?

Would a Winslow deal also include one of Ellington/Tyler Johnson and a pick? If so, I could be on board with that.

How does Jabari and Telly for Winslow and James Johnson strike you?
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#1017 » by Sauce Boss » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:37 pm

In a vacuum, DJ.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant

Post#1018 » by Funcrusher » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:38 pm

emunney wrote:
BobThunder wrote:
emunney wrote:

How does Jabari and Telly for Winslow and James Johnson strike you?

That actually is probably the better deal. Addresses two positional needs very nicely. Would still like to get a future 1st though.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,845

Post#1019 » by coolhandluke121 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:03 pm

bigredbadger wrote:How much more? if youre a team like the nets, how much do you offer him in restricted free agency?

If I was the Nets, I might offer him 4/$60m. I'd be doing it just to get an asset and hope the league doesn't catch on to how overrated and overpaid one-dimensional scorers tend to be before I have a chance to trade him, but I think it would be worth a shot if I had so little to lose.

The Bucks have way too much to lose to pay him that much though. They already have a top-heavy roster and there's not much upside to keeping more offensive weapons than they need at the expense of having a deep, reliable, healthy supporting cast for Giannis, Khris, and Bledsoe. Brogdon is an example of someone who is ideal because he can help the team in so many different needs and just fill in the gaps. Whatever a lineup needs, he can usually bring it. That's what the Bucks need more of.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant

Post#1020 » by Funcrusher » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:21 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
bigredbadger wrote:How much more? if youre a team like the nets, how much do you offer him in restricted free agency?

If I was the Nets, I might offer him 4/$60m. I'd be doing it just to get an asset and hope the league doesn't catch on to how overrated and overpaid one-dimensional scorers tend to be before I have a chance to trade him, but I think it would be worth a shot if I had so little to lose.

The Bucks have way too much to lose to pay him that much though. They already have a top-heavy roster and there's not much upside to keeping more offensive weapons than they need at the expense of having a deep, reliable, healthy supporting cast for Giannis, Khris, and Bledsoe. Brogdon is an example of someone who is ideal because he can help the team in so many different needs and just fill in the gaps. Whatever a lineup needs, he can usually bring it. That's what the Bucks need more of.

Ok, ok, you keep using this term, top heavy roster, but adding Jabari doesn't make them more top-heavy like you think it does. An additional piece is an additional piece, no matter how you slice it, and whether he comes back as a stater or on a bench role he is going to postively (presumably) help this team offensively. And during the playoffs the players on your roster that get serious minutes whittles down to your main guys, so that's not even an argument.

Again, what you are saying about not keeping more offensive firepower than necessary does not make sense. That's ridiculous. Maybe you don't think that other guy is Jabari, which is fine, but come on.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks