Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,017

Re: PG Thread (Memphis) - Still undefeated with Bledsoe 

Post#321 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:57 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:If someone is going to the bench I'd prefer it be Middleton. Let him control the ball the way he likes with Brogdon in the 2nd unit.

No, don't let him control the ball the way he likes. It's not productive. We started call him Khobe and similar nicknames because of just that...and he's obviously no where near as good.

He should play the 3&D roll in the starting lineup. If he can't adapt and wants to control the ball, then it's time to ship him out.

I've never minded it, to be honest. I'd just prefer it in a unit where the Bucks didn't have two or three options that were better playmakers. He'd be great as a creator with Brogdon and Thon out there.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,162

Post#322 » by DingleJerry » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:16 pm

IDK, seems like Mid's ballhandling has really gone down this year. Would be detriment to him in the role. I'm for much more offball and hitting corner 3s like last night. At one point last night, he was facing up Conley and Conley just reached out and took the ball. He then lost it back to someone else I think. But he's just looked very uncomfortable handling so far.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,670

Post#323 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:19 pm

Yeah, I'm fine having Middleton as an initiator when Giannis and Bledsoe aren't out there, but he needs to park his ass behind the 3PT line when they are. Not a coincidence that he goes 4/5 on 3's when only one of those attempts was a somewhat "forced" pull-up off a fast break. Catch and shoot that ****.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,722

Re: RE: Re: PG Thread (Memphis) - Still undefeated with Bledsoe 

Post#324 » by AussieBuck » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:40 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:Thon has lowered our expectations so much that we celebrate a high-energy 6/6 where he still managed a minus 6.

I don't know. Maybe he's the type of guy whose impact can't be/won't be measured by numbers. But that's not the guy we were sold.

Don't worry, Jabari will be our backup small ball center like Julius Randle, once he comes back. That is if Kidd knows what he's doing.

That would be the most mean spirited thing you could possibly do to Jabari. Would be the greatest pick and roll feast ever.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,653

Post#325 » by TroyD92 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:02 pm

Jabari at center give me nightmares. Keep him on the ball where he's a pretty decent defender at staying in front of guys.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,803

Post#326 » by Prez » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:13 pm

was curious and looked it up, knew Mids was bad to start 2015-16 but I guess I forgot how bad. Through 13 games -

15-16: 13.5 / 3.2 / 2.3 on 36.9/40.7/88.4 shooting (50.0% TS)
17-18: 18.0 / 5.8 / 4.8 on 41.4/30.6/87.2 shooting (50.7% TS)
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,630

Post#327 » by Gianstoppable » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:17 pm

TroyD92 wrote:
illusional wrote:Weren't they complaining some 4 years ago about the same thing they were about Jennings in his jump shooting capabilities?

Well Bledsoe is a much terrible shooter than Jennings.

Jennings was a way better player than Bledsoe at the point.

Bledsoe is no more no less no higher than a great 6 man.

Would you sign Nate Robinson & start him?

The Bucks have always been caught up in "the cult of the 6 man personality" rating them higher than what they actually are.

By the way Nate Robinson is a much better shooter/defender & player than Bledsoe.

:o

Illusional? More like delusional
#FreeChuckDiesel
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach

Post#328 » by Gianstoppable » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:18 pm

wait people are seriously talking about Jabari as a small ball Center? That's hilarious
#FreeChuckDiesel
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,623

Post#329 » by blazza18 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:18 pm

greekbuck34 wrote: Blazza stop using meaningless stats to prove your point in games we are all fully watch. :noway:

I was mostly being sarcastic. I should've known I'd get an over the top response. Giannis is very good. Still not as good as you think. Certainly not as impactful as some of the top guys yet. Hopefully one day he gets there.

Also just an FYI. We shoot 38% from three when Giannis is off the court. They must be double teaming him on the bench too.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach

Post#330 » by Gianstoppable » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:20 pm

TroyD92 wrote:Jabari at center give me nightmares. Keep him on the ball where he's a pretty decent defender at staying in front of guys.

Yeah do people realize you can still run pick-and-rolls if you're not the center. Center would literally be the worst position for Jabari besides maybe point guard because he would have to defend small really fast players which with his knees I wouldn't want to touch with a ten-foot pole
#FreeChuckDiesel
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,776

Post#331 » by Ayt » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:20 pm

TroyD92 wrote:Jabari at center give me nightmares. Keep him on the ball where he's a pretty decent defender at staying in front of guys.

If we are going with crazy, I'd much rather see him guarding ball dominant point guards than playing center. Jabari at the 5 magnifies all the things he's bad at.
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,415

Post#332 » by MiltownHawkeye » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:22 pm

Prez wrote:was curious and looked it up, knew Mids was bad to start 2015-16 but I guess I forgot how bad. Through 13 games -

And I wasn't worried about him because he was still hitting his 3s.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,803

Post#333 » by Prez » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:32 pm

MiltownHawkeye wrote:
Prez wrote:was curious and looked it up, knew Mids was bad to start 2015-16 but I guess I forgot how bad. Through 13 games -

Are you worried he's not gonna revert back close to his career 3PT averages this year?
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,415

Post#334 » by MiltownHawkeye » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:37 pm

Prez wrote:
MiltownHawkeye wrote:

Are you worried he's not gonna revert back close to his career 3PT averages this year?

I kinda am, yeah. He might not have the legs to hit them as consistently as he used to, and he has an approach that is making the problem even worse.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#335 » by greekbuck34 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:45 pm

blazza18 wrote:
greekbuck34 wrote: Blazza stop using meaningless stats to prove your point in games we are all fully watch. :noway:

I was mostly being sarcastic. I should've known I'd get an over the top response. Giannis is very good. Still not as good as you think. Certainly not as impactful as some of the top guys yet. Hopefully one day he gets there.

Also just an FYI. We shoot 38% from three when Giannis is off the court. They must be double teaming him on the bench too.

I bet the sample for those 3s must be huge and meaningful in those few minutes that Giannis sits in the bench and we are playing against the second units with half our starters.

2/6 3p in 10 minutes per game when Giannis is off..

Giannis impact on the Bucks has nothing to do with the other top guys individually. It's huge in both ends of the floor and no matter what stats you manage to dig up its undeniable especially when you post them in a board full of fans who don't miss a single minute of our team.

There is always a balance in opinion, overating and underating somoene and both you and me are not exactly in between.

As much as I can sometimes be foolishly greek homer so you can me simply be dumb regarding Giannis...

Simple advice. Trust your eyes more before you try to prove a point with some random stat.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,623

Post#336 » by blazza18 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:51 pm

I trusted my eyes seeing Giannis miss jump shots. In return I was told he was clutch :dontknow:
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,885

Post#337 » by Turk Nowitzki » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:56 pm

I've been impressed with Bledsoe's willingness to defer a bit more than usual until he gets completely settled in. That is always an encouraging sign as opposed to a guy who comes in chucking on a brand new team.
SirChurros
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,798

Post#338 » by SirChurros » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:58 pm

greekbuck34 wrote:
blazza18 wrote:

I bet the sample for those 3s must be huge and meaningful in those few minutes that Giannis sits in the bench and we are playing against the second units with half our starters.

Giannis impact on the Bucks has nothing to do with the other top guys individually. It's huge in both ends of the floor and no matter what stats you manage to dig up its undeniable especially when you post them in a board full of fans who don't miss a single minute of our team.

There is always a balance in opinion, overating and underating somoene and both you and me are not exactly in between.

As much as I can sometimes be foolishly greek homer so you can me simply be dumb regarding Giannis...

Simple advice. Trust your eyes more before you try to prove a point with some random stat.

Bucks have a near identical eFG% with Giannis on versus Giannis off.
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#339 » by greekbuck34 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:13 pm

Krispy Kreme wrote:
greekbuck34 wrote:
blazza18 wrote:

Bucks have a near identical eFG% with Giannis on versus Giannis off.

Did you read what I posted?

Giannis is playing his extra minutes with benchers against starters only for our starters to come back fresh and play those few minutes Giannis is resting against the opponents bench.

Just last night we were screaming at Kidd to put either Bledsoe or Middleton or Brogdon back with Giannis to help him a little.

Instead Giannis was playing with Delly and Liggins as his guards for more than 5-6 minutes. Memphis made a run by just surrounding him, our lineup had a brick festival and Giannis kept on playing without rest. His on/off stats are being destroyed in moments like these.

When Giannis sits for a few minutes Bledsoe/Brogdon and Middleton come back fresh and play 80% of the time against the opponent bench.

Take those jokes lineups Giannis is costanly playing with and then compare again his on/off stats.

Btw I'm not complaining about Giannis usage. It's probably the only way of getting the win with our trash coaching and bench. I'm complaining when you use this against him just to "prove" a false point.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,838

Post#340 » by VooDoo7 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:06 am

JimmyTheKid wrote:
drone3 wrote:What do we do about Giannis minutes? Play the hair?

For one, we can stop talking about his minutes because it is, and has been, a non-issue.

Right. Playing him 44 minutes in the 3rd game in 4 nights isn't stupid at all. Nah, totally normal.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks