ImageImage

Bledsoe Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

SugarRay34
Veteran
And1: 11

Re: Bledsoe Thread 

Post#81 » by SugarRay34 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:00 pm

I wonder if all things being equal as far as contract length and money does Bledsoe stay here or go out to LA and play with LeBron with him being a Klutch client and all. Have read numerous times this is the happiest Bledsoe has been playing basketball so would like to think he stays here and teams up with Giannis for a few more seasons.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#82 » by Ruzious » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:05 pm

I have this gut feeling that the Knicks will panic after failing to get Kemba, and they'll make an offer to Bledsoe that he can't refuse.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,775

Post#83 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:09 pm

I forgot how cringe worthy the Aqua Dagger era was for a minute.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
jmart762
Pro Prospect
And1: 430

Post#84 » by jmart762 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:27 pm

Im eager to see how he responds in the playoffs this year. A few things are in his favor. He'll have a "warm up" round to get acquainted and up to playoff speed and officiating. Also, how many playoff series did he play in with the Clippers? He's a veteran but his game is a bit unpolished, so I think it was a big adjustment for him last year, and one that I think he's more apt to be prepared for this year. Bud certainly helps too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,977

Post#85 » by drew881 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:45 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:I forgot how cringe worthy the Aqua Dagger era was for a minute.

Are we not still in the Aqua Dagger era? And if ended, what even demarcated the shift to a new era? And what is this new era that we are currently in called?
Perishable517
Analyst
And1: 1,944

Post#86 » by Perishable517 » Fri Mar 1, 2019 12:40 am

drew881 wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:I forgot how cringe worthy the Aqua Dagger era was for a minute.

Are we not still in the Aqua Dagger era? And if ended, what even demarcated the shift to a new era? And what is this new era that we are currently in called?
We are. Aqua Dagger!

My GF has taken to calling him that.

My GIRLFRIEND.

Sent from my HTC U11 using RealGM mobile app
" If you take away the alc l r g on Malcolm Brogdon is Mom Bod :("
- emunney

"I’d place the phone directly between my cheeks while I let one rip right in John Hammond’s ear."
- BroncoBuck
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,006

Post#87 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Mar 1, 2019 3:18 am

DingleJerry wrote:If you want a good bump someone should got back to some threads early season or offseason on him. The talk was basically just like the current Middleton bashing. I'd guess the general Bucks Trades/Transactions threads. Basically everyone ripping him and GoS, myself and like 2 others defending him.

ETA: I should note of course I'm saying of the most vocal contributors to the discussion. I'm sure there was way more on that side of it. Didn't mean it to come off that way

thanks for the mention. troy is a huge fan too.

very similar to the middleton discussion except last year it was beldsoe bonking in playoffs and middleton playing like durant. this year middelton is kinda regressed from that level. it will ebb and flow.

bitching is kind of the forum life. kinda cool the best we can come up with on recurring bitch topics are all about how expensive this team will be to retain honestly. thats not a bad thing. its just a thing. horst reads this **** and laughs and trades for mirotic i think just to **** with that mentality even harder. worried before? now check this **** out im bringing in even more talent! guys heads will explode lmao.

we can cross that bridge when we get to it. lets win 65 and some playoff games. whats to worry about in the offseason. to me its a waste of time.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,667

Post#88 » by machu46 » Fri Mar 1, 2019 1:59 pm

I don't think I'd describe myself as a "huge" fan, but I thought Bledsoe was good last year and a lot of people let a very frustrating playoff series cloud their memory of how good he was leading up to that. He's a borderline all-star caliber player and while it's possible that we could upgrade, I'm not sure an upgrade from, say, Bledsoe to Kemba is worth the increased cost that it would require. Ultimately, if I had to guess right now, I'd say that he or Brook are the odd man out this offseason, but I'd obviously love to be able to bring both back; they've been great this year.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#89 » by Bucksfan28 » Fri Mar 1, 2019 2:07 pm

Prez wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:If you want a good bump someone should got back to some threads early season or offseason on him. The talk was basically just like the current Middleton bashing. I'd guess the general Bucks Trades/Transactions threads. Basically everyone ripping him and GoS, myself and like 2 others defending him.

I was one defending him pretty much the whole time too, but we gotta wait until the playoffs before doing this imo. If he sucks again this all means nothing.

Ahem...
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
Bigdave11
Sophomore
And1: 16

Post#90 » by Bigdave11 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:14 pm

Dude is so underrated
Ruben Quevedo
Pro Prospect
And1: 469

Post#91 » by Ruben Quevedo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:23 pm

He's a tough evaluation. Dude plays hard, and plays really good defense even if he makes stupid gambles at times.

Offensively, he is our only player besides Giannis who can break down the D off the dribble, so I'd argue his value is higher for us than most other teams. He's an incredible finisher for his size, unselfish, and capable of making some legitimately great passes.

The shooting and the occasional what-the-hell-decision-making are liabilities that get amplified in the playoffs though. Ideally you keep him, let him do his thing, and upgrade Middleton so that we don't have to rely on him.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,325

Post#92 » by jute2003 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:21 pm

He does so much defensively, even when his offense is not right...and he is paid appropriately. When everything is clicking for him, he is a legitimate force and absolutely transforms the team. He and Hill complement each other perfectly. I hope his health and body don't betray him as he moves into his 30's.
only a fan, only an opinion
ANTETOKOUNBROS
Starter
And1: 1,618

Post#93 » by ANTETOKOUNBROS » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:32 am

As polarizing as he can be especially if playoffs are brought up, Bled may really be the best PG we have had in decades (since Cassell) which is strange to admit which is why I made this post. Surely I must have missed someone, peak (rookie) Brandon Jennings?
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,653

Post#94 » by TroyD92 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:44 am

ANTETOKOUNBROS wrote:As polarizing as he can be especially if playoffs are brought up, Bled may really be the best PG we have had in decades (since Cassell) which is strange to admit which is why I made this post. Surely I must have missed someone, peak (rookie) Brandon Jennings?

Nah Bledsoe is definitely fourth besides Brandon Knight, MCW, and Nate Wolters
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,006

Post#95 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:00 pm

Bledsoe is a massive upgrade to the way cassell would have played in this current league and makes a bigger impact today then cassell made then anyway.

we have to go back further to find a pg with a larger impact for our bucks
Perishable517
Analyst

Post#96 » by Perishable517 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:21 pm

TroyD92 wrote:
ANTETOKOUNBROS wrote:As polarizing as he can be especially if playoffs are brought up, Bled may really be the best PG we have had in decades (since Cassell) which is strange to admit which is why I made this post. Surely I must have missed someone, peak (rookie) Brandon Jennings?

Nah Bledsoe is definitely fourth besides Brandon Knight, MCW, and Nate Wolters
I just threw up in my mouth a bit.

- emunney

"I’d place the phone directly between my cheeks while I let one rip right in John Hammond’s ear."
- BroncoBuck
Perishable517
Analyst

Post#97 » by Perishable517 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:23 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:Bledsoe is a massive upgrade to the way cassell would have played in this current league and makes a bigger impact today then cassell made then anyway.

we have to go back further to find a pg with a larger impact for our bucks
I think Cassell and Bled are on the same level. Really, completely different players.

- emunney

- BroncoBuck

Return to Milwaukee Bucks