ImageImage

Milwaukee and Deandre Jordan Thread: Woelfel rumor - Clips asking for Jabari pg. 82

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Douggystyle29
Junior
And1: 37

Re: Milwaukee and Deandre Jordan Thread: Woj, Bucks are aggressive pg. 69 

Post#1461 » by Douggystyle29 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:43 am

I'm highly in favor of this trade. If we give up Middleton in this trade, who can we pick up for a 3 and d on the cheap? If Jabari is traded and comes back healthy how will we replace his scoring? I think if we lose Middleton in the trade another 3 and d player could be found to take his spot more easily than a scorer like Jabari projects to be. If we give up say Teletovic, Thon, and fillers it is a no brainer. If DAJ walks we have capspace. If he stays and we can also keep a healthy Jabari and one really good cheap bench player, we could be contenders within a couple years IMO.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#1462 » by Chuck Diesel » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:43 am

Some of us are gifted with a third eye, an intuitive sense for evaluating players of the game we love. Others consider Thon Maker an "asset."
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,813

Post#1463 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:58 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:Some of us are gifted with a third eye, an intuitive sense for evaluating players of the game we love. Others consider Thon Maker an "asset."

:lol:
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Douggystyle29
Junior

Post#1464 » by Douggystyle29 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:07 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:Some of us are gifted with a third eye, an intuitive sense for evaluating players of the game we love. Others consider Thon Maker an "asset."

I'm confused :P I don't consider Thon or Teletovic an asset lol.
Douggystyle29
Junior

Post#1465 » by Douggystyle29 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:08 am

Only tank weapons for the Clips 8-)
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,241

Post#1466 » by Funcrusher » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:09 am

Douggystyle29 wrote:I'm highly in favor of this trade. If we give up Middleton in this trade, who can we pick up for a 3 and d on the cheap? If Jabari is traded and comes back healthy how will we replace his scoring? I think if we lose Middleton in the trade another 3 and d player could be found to take his spot more easily than a scorer like Jabari projects to be. If we give up say Teletovic, Thon, and fillers it is a no brainer. If DAJ walks we have capspace. If he stays and we can also keep a healthy Jabari and one really good cheap bench player, we could be contenders within a couple years IMO.

I don't think it makes sense to give up Middleton over Brogdon in a DAJ trade.
gh123 wrote:Zion lucky if he gets 18 ppg on decent efficiency. Midget big man is a no-career in NBA. Chuck being the only wonder. Zion is the next Tractor Trailer at best.
Douggystyle29
Junior

Post#1467 » by Douggystyle29 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:17 am

BobThunder wrote:
Douggystyle29 wrote:I'm highly in favor of this trade. If we give up Middleton in this trade, who can we pick up for a 3 and d on the cheap? If Jabari is traded and comes back healthy how will we replace his scoring? I think if we lose Middleton in the trade another 3 and d player could be found to take his spot more easily than a scorer like Jabari projects to be. If we give up say Teletovic, Thon, and fillers it is a no brainer. If DAJ walks we have capspace. If he stays and we can also keep a healthy Jabari and one really good cheap bench player, we could be contenders within a couple years IMO.

I don't think it makes sense to give up Middleton over Brogdon in a DAJ trade.

Me either.
Wonka
General Manager
And1: 4,749

Post#1468 » by Wonka » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:43 am

I don’t trade Middleton for Deandre Jordan. I definitely don’t trade Jabari for him. He is 30 years old. Age catches up with everyone and while I get the infatuation with him, I truly believe his best years are behind him. Add in the contract that he’s going to want and it’s an easy pass for me. I’m all aboard the Dedmon train personally.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,738

Post#1469 » by TroyD92 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:51 am

I really like Eric Bledsoe, but he's not Chris Paul.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
har13
Analyst
And1: 1,520

Post#1470 » by har13 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:01 am

Wonka wrote:I don’t trade Middleton for Deandre Jordan. I definitely don’t trade Jabari for him. He is 30 years old. Age catches up with everyone and while I get the infatuation with him, I truly believe his best years are behind him. Add in the contract that he’s going to want and it’s an easy pass for me. I’m all aboard the Dedmon train personally.

My friend i m not saying i want DJ but the guy is so **** strong, he will be the same player or even stronger, he is a beast and he is only 29. 27-32 are the best years for a C if you ask me.
And one question you have problem with DJ and not with Jabari? I mean his game is 80% athleticism like Gianni and you believe he is going to return the same player after 2 ACL? You don't question that and you question DJ athletic abilities?

Its not only physical the problem with Jabari, its mental too, for him and for us , i don't want to watch games and be afraid when ever he goes down.

Just my thoughts. :D
#FreeChuckDiesel

Sorry for my english guys. :(

It’s a magical weed.

Wonka
General Manager
And1: 4,749

Post#1471 » by Wonka » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:11 am

har13 wrote:
Wonka wrote:I don’t trade Middleton for Deandre Jordan. I definitely don’t trade Jabari for him. He is 30 years old. Age catches up with everyone and while I get the infatuation with him, I truly believe his best years are behind him. Add in the contract that he’s going to want and it’s an easy pass for me. I’m all aboard the Dedmon train personally.

My friend i m not saying i want DJ but the guy is so **** strong, he will be the same player or even stronger, he is a beast and he is only 29. 27-32 are the best years for a C if you ask me.
And one question you have problem with DJ and not with Jabari? I mean his game is 80% athleticism like Gianni and you believe he is going to return the same player after 2 ACL? You don't question that and you question DJ athletic abilities?

Its not only physical the problem with Jabari, its mental too, for him and for us , i don't want to watch games and be afraid when ever he goes down.

Just my thoughts. :D

Like I said, I do get why many of us like DJ and want him. I just don’t think he fits our personnel like he has fit the Clippers in years past. Playing with Chris Paul was a major part of that, and we don’t have anyone near his caliber as a playmaker.
I would take him in a heartbeat, but not for any package involving Khris or Jabari.

Regarding Jabari, obviously you bring up a good point. Jabari is a risk, no doubt about it. His is as athletic as ever at this point. Looks to be in the best shape of his life and is still the high flyer we have seen when he’s healthy. The pregame videos that have come out when he’s working with trainers have looked impressive to say the least. I think Jabari’s ceiling is still very high, and I think we would be fools to trade him for what could very well be a rental.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,698

Post#1472 » by Pachinko_ » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:08 am

There must be a cheap alternative out there who will still be an upgrade over Henson and Maker.

Do we really want to invest an asset and $20m of cap space on a position that is the least in demand on the market right now?

I'm curious if we don't bite, if anyone else will pay that price for DAJ.
Dellyhas2gfs
Sophomore
And1: 49

Post#1473 » by Dellyhas2gfs » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:50 am

Beverly and Delly playing the Warriors 4 times a year me likey.
har13
Analyst
And1: 1,520

Post#1474 » by har13 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:36 am

Beverly-Lou-DJ for Thon-Jabari-Delly-Telly? Its a no from LAC but i wanted to try lol.
#FreeChuckDiesel

Sorry for my english guys. :(

It’s a magical weed.

JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,591

Post#1475 » by JayMKE » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:28 am

Yeah, the price for Jordan is just too much for me relative the upgrade he'd give us. I think it is better to be patient, with Giannis I think we'll starting actually a place that could draw some free agents. There has to me more modest targets.
FREE GIANNIS
Oscar71
Pro Prospect
And1: 134

Post#1476 » by Oscar71 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:44 am

Why don't we just bring Bogut back in exchange for a few forged Lithuanian passports??
Kidd Prunty Budenholzer > Macha Roenicke Counsell
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,906

Post#1477 » by Plossum » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:36 am

Oscar71 wrote:Why don't we just bring Bogut back in exchange for a few forged Lithuanian passports??

Too much. Pass.
#LockUpChuck
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#1478 » by Chapter29 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:09 pm

LOL
Giannis
is
UponUs
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#1479 » by Chapter29 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:11 pm

I think the pressure of being just a good team as we are now will force a move like this for DJ. I worry come Friday if we are waiting for players to be tradable.

We are good enough to beat the bad teams, not quite good enough to be teams like last night consistently and good teams will still beat us far more often than not.

That will not sit well with our owners and a trade IMO may be forced into action.
Giannis
is
UponUs
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,738

Post#1480 » by TroyD92 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:44 pm

If giving up assets Marc Gasol is the way to go not Deandre Jordan
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks