ImageImage

Milwaukee and Deandre Jordan Thread: Woelfel rumor - Clips asking for Jabari pg. 82

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

SKG
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Re: Milwaukee and Deandre Jordan Thread: Woelfel rumor - Clips asking for Jabari pg. 82 

Post#1901 » by SKG » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:10 pm

Lou williams is someone you grab for free or trade for a second, who would trust a 40% career shooter who takes 14-20 shots in 25 minutes
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,859

Re: Milwaukee and Deandre Jordan Thread: Woelfel rumor - Clips asking for Jabari pg. 82 

Post#1902 » by coolhandluke121 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:26 pm

TroyD92 wrote:
htr wrote:Howard and Monk for Jabari Delly and Telly works in trade checker. Who says no?

anyone with a brain

Yeah, Jabari has totally established beyond a shadow of a doubt that it would be better to pay him ~$20m per season for 4 years and keep 2 other bad contracts than trade him for a lotto pick in the first year of his rookie deal and an adequate center whose contract expires when Bledsoe, Khris, and Brogdon are free agents. Thanks for clearing that up for everyone.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,979

Post#1903 » by Badgerlander » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:43 pm

Douggystyle29 wrote:
Badgerlander wrote:
Douggystyle29 wrote:he has been been one of the better centers in the league this year.

If that were true then why would they trade him and why aren’t they winning more games? While Dwight has been good defensively and rebounding, he is a ball stopping, pace killing, turn over prone black hole on offense just like he has been for the last six years or so.

I really have no idea why they have not been winning many games this year, but I don't think Howard is the main reason. We don't need him for his offense especially if we get a healthy Jabari back. Yes his numbers are down but I still think he could really be a boost for the team for a year or two. I too would only do this trade if we got him on the cheap or brought back Monk if we had to give up Jabari or something. His pace killing and ball stopping is definitely a concern. He is not in his prime and is definitely on the decline but I think he could give this team a big boost for a couple of seasons as could DAJ if the price is right.

We don’t need him for his offense but if he doesn’t get his touches he won’t play any D just like when he was with the rockets and the lakers. Better coaches with better teams than ours have tried and failed to make him relevant again. He’s done.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Jingles2
Junior
And1: 63

Post#1904 » by Jingles2 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:47 pm

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yb4f9su6

Toss them a first round pick either this year or next year. Likely to be a non lottery and we could even put those restrictions on the pick.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,838

Post#1905 » by TroyD92 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:15 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:
htr wrote:Howard and Monk for Jabari Delly and Telly works in trade checker. Who says no?

anyone with a brain

Yeah, Jabari has totally established beyond a shadow of a doubt that it would be better to pay him ~$20m per season for 4 years and keep 2 other bad contracts than trade him for a lotto pick in the first year of his rookie deal and an adequate center whose contract expires when Bledsoe, Khris, and Brogdon are free agents. Thanks for clearing that up for everyone.

Monk has been garbage and Howard is a cancer
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
Xanadu
Sixth Man
And1: 433

Post#1906 » by Xanadu » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:56 pm

jute2003 wrote:The second acl makes it so I consider a deal centered around Jabari and 2 bad contracts. I don't believe Henson is a bad contract anymore. He's paid appropriately for a decent backup big. So Jabari, Delly and Telly for Jordan, Williams.

I don't know if I could pull the trigger on that. Jabari' s potential for a rebounding rolling big and spark plug bench scorer... plus clearing bad salary.

It depends on what the goal is for the organization this year. Short term it's the right move. Long term I'm not convinced.

I don't think the clips make that deal. I was into this idea a lot earlier this year. So into Jordan that I said I would've sent Middleton for him. Now I am not so confident. I am on the fence for sure and really think that we shouldn't make any big moves until Kidd is gone. But who knows if or when Kidd will be fired.
Bucks fandom bringing me happiness still seems like a dream.
Triple 7
Sixth Man
And1: 983

Post#1907 » by Triple 7 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:04 pm

Jingles2 wrote:http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yb4f9su6

Toss them a first round pick either this year or next year. Likely to be a non lottery and we could even put those restrictions on the pick.

Bucks used their (protected) first in the Bledsoe deal. And you can't deal back to back 1st rd picks.
"Is he not unique? No one plays like this guy. This guy is the new guy. This is the new form."
- George Karl on Giannis
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,639

Post#1908 » by Gianstoppable » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:22 pm

Brogdon, DJ, Henson and Delly for Jordan and Lou
#FreeChuckDiesel
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,639

Post#1909 » by Gianstoppable » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:23 pm

Triple 7 wrote:

Bucks used their (protected) first in the Bledsoe deal. And you can't deal back to back 1st rd picks.

You could offer this year's first with the opposite protections couldn't you? I'm not sure how that works
#FreeChuckDiesel
Jingles2
Junior
And1: 63

Post#1910 » by Jingles2 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:40 pm

Gianstoppable wrote:
Triple 7 wrote:

You could offer this year's first with the opposite protections couldn't you? I'm not sure how that works
or make it the 2020 first.
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,265

Post#1911 » by John Murdoch » Mon Jan 1, 2018 1:52 pm

Still believe in Jabari he still has as much upside to be a 3rd Allstar level contributor on an elite team
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,106

Post#1912 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Mon Jan 1, 2018 4:16 pm

jabari, delly and Mirza for deandre and lou is the deal I'm looking for.

top 8
Bledsoe, brogdon, middleton, Giannis, deandre
lou, snell, henson

that is a championship level rotation. 2 all nba guys, 2 additional near allstars, 2 6th man of the year candidates, 2 solid low usage role players. it balances the roster and solves any issues with the cap if we can replace lou with a cheaper option later.

to me its a perfect swap and a good deal for both teams. if they want more upside than that....or don't want to eat some salary I pass and look for somewhere else I can deal jabari in a similar move.
Jody Smokz
Starter
And1: 1,393

Post#1913 » by Jody Smokz » Mon Jan 1, 2018 5:21 pm

Would the Clippers actually want Parker with Griffin in house? What about flipping him to a 3rd team?
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,789

Post#1914 » by Rainwater » Mon Jan 1, 2018 6:45 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:jabari, delly and Mirza for deandre and lou is the deal I'm looking for.

top 8
lou, snell, henson

that is a championship level rotation. 2 all nba guys, 2 additional near allstars, 2 6th man of the year candidates, 2 solid low usage role players. it balances the roster and solves any issues with the cap if we can replace lou with a cheaper option later.

to me its a perfect swap and a good deal for both teams. if they want more upside than that....or don't want to eat some salary I pass and look for somewhere else I can deal jabari in a similar move.

I don't know how far the Bucks go without a real second option, Bledsoe and Midds won't cut it. And its made worse when your best player is not the best shot creater. That's why i believe the Bucks are hesitant on trading Parker and maybe looking at other centers like McGee. The issue is Parker, the battle of Potential vs Risk.
Diggr14
Analyst
And1: 1,151

Post#1915 » by Diggr14 » Mon Jan 1, 2018 6:51 pm

They could trade Bledsoe/Henson for Jordan/Dekker ... I would be fine with it. The only real downside is that Henson has looked serviceable this season and going forward we’d have no NBA ready Center option after Jordan went UFA. I guess, I wouldn’t bet that Henson keeps his current level of play up for 3 seasons, so it wouldn’t hurt.
Khris Middleton - Beating up on Trash Can Teams since 1943. Invisible Man status otherwise.
JEIS
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,166

Post#1916 » by JEIS » Mon Jan 1, 2018 6:54 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:jabari, delly and Mirza for deandre and lou is the deal I'm looking for.

top 8
lou, snell, henson

That would be pretty Ideal. It would suck if They both bolted via free agency, and we lose Parker, If Jordan would agree to re-up it would be great value.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,264

Post#1917 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Jan 1, 2018 7:11 pm

Going to lock this one up and send everyone over to the general Bucks trade thread

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1635071&start=1480

We can start a new DeAndre thread if another news report hits about the teams still in discussion. Clips have won 5 of 6 so I'm guessing Ballmer is in no hurry to do anything right now.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25

Return to Milwaukee Bucks