ImageImage

All-time Power Forwards for the Milwaukee Bucks --> Fan Vote has a huge omission!!!

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,721

Re: All-time Power Forwards for the Milwaukee Bucks --> Fan Vote has a huge omission!!! 

Post#41 » by tydett » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:39 pm

Oh come on, just because Jason Kidd doesn't know how to utilize Teletovic doesn't mean that Yi would be any better. In a one-on-one "whose listed age is further from his real age" game between Yi and Thon, I'd take Thon going away and that's about the most damning statement I can say about a basketball player.
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 9,910

Re: All-time Power Forwards for the Milwaukee Bucks --> Fan Vote has a huge omission!!! 

Post#42 » by sidney lanier » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:52 pm

tydett wrote:Oh come on, just because Jason Kidd doesn't know how to utilize Teletovic doesn't mean that Yi would be any better. In a one-on-one "whose listed age is further from his real age" game between Yi and Thon, I'd take Thon going away and that's about the most damning statement I can say about a basketball player.

Even at age 30 + X, I'd take him over MRSA. He couldn't have gotten much slower than he already was, and he even looks like he bulked up a little.

And by the way, that international ball looks a little small to me, almost WNBA size. Must be the metric system. Or maybe the Guangdong Tigers training staff has been studying the works of Bill Belichick.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
tydett
General Manager

Post#43 » by tydett » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:28 pm

sidney lanier wrote:
tydett wrote:Oh come on, just because Jason Kidd doesn't know how to utilize Teletovic doesn't mean that Yi would be any better. In a one-on-one "whose listed age is further from his real age" game between Yi and Thon, I'd take Thon going away and that's about the most damning statement I can say about a basketball player.

Even at age 30 + X, I'd take him over MRSA. He couldn't have gotten much slower than he already was, and he even looks like he bulked up a little.

And by the way, that international ball looks a little small to me, almost WNBA size. Must be the metric system. Or maybe the Guangdong Tigers training staff has been studying the works of Bill Belichick.

I mean, Mirza has his own video too. Yi may be the best Chinese player in the CBA, but this season he's getting outscored by illustrious NBA stalwarts MarShon Brooks, Sonny Weems, Von Wafer, and Pooh Jeter. Yi asked for a release from his $8 million contract with the Lakers after averaging 3 pts in 10 minutes in the preseason in 2016. Mirza's a catch-and-shoot perimeter 15 mpg guy that gets no plays run for him. He looks bad on the Bucks which have no discernable offense, but put him on a team that runs sets (even like Utah or SA) and he would look a lot better. Put Yi on any team and he'd be wearing street clothes every night.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,885

Post#44 » by humanrefutation » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:02 pm

Scott Williams ftw.
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 9,910

Post#45 » by sidney lanier » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:05 pm

tydett wrote:
I mean, Mirza has his own video too. Yi may be the best Chinese player in the CBA, but this season he's getting outscored by illustrious NBA stalwarts MarShon Brooks, Sonny Weems, Von Wafer, and Pooh Jeter. Yi asked for a release from his $8 million contract with the Lakers after averaging 3 pts in 10 minutes in the preseason in 2016. Mirza's a catch-and-shoot perimeter 15 mpg guy that gets no plays run for him. He looks bad on the Bucks which have no discernable offense, but put him on a team that runs sets (even like Utah or SA) and he would look a lot better. Put Yi on any team and he'd be wearing street clothes every night.

All I want from Telly is this: hit uncontested threes. Not every one, and not all the time, but often enough so we don't have to turn away in disgust saying "that's a shot an NBA player should hit" over and over.

Pooh Jeter? That's a low blow. The Lakers flirtation was ill-conceived and didn't work out. The fact that they only guaranteed a quarter million shows how committed they were to it. Maybe a return to where it all began would be just the ticket for Yi to get his NBA vindication.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
tydett
General Manager

Post#46 » by tydett » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:12 pm

sidney lanier wrote:Maybe a return to where it all began would be just the ticket for Yi to get his NBA vindication.

Good conversation! And I'm glad we came to the same conclusion.
triplejcubed3
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#47 » by triplejcubed3 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:18 pm

darvin ham !!!!!! and luc richard mbah a moute ... charlie villanueva
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,151

Post#48 » by jr lucosa » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:24 pm

sidney lanier wrote:and I think there were chair workout references shortly after the Simmons fabrication (which almost certainly stems from that video with the short guy shagging the ball and Yi going 1 on 0).

I could've sworn I saw the chair workout at one point pre-draft too. Then I saw this video and it triggered the memory, but no chair indeed. Mandela effect I suppose.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,913

Post#49 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:25 pm

triplejcubed3 wrote:darvin ham !!!!!! and luc richard mbah a moute ... charlie villanueva

3 posts in 6 1/2 years. When he talks, we need to listen.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,885

Post#50 » by humanrefutation » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:36 pm

jr lucosa wrote:
sidney lanier wrote:and I think there were chair workout references shortly after the Simmons fabrication (which almost certainly stems from that video with the short guy shagging the ball and Yi going 1 on 0).

I could've sworn I saw the chair workout at one point pre-draft too. Then I saw this video and it triggered the memory, but no chair indeed. Mandela effect I suppose.

https://deadspin.com/the-totally-unexpected-true-story-of-yi-jianlians-magic-1818728951
Perishable517
Analyst
And1: 1,934

Post#51 » by Perishable517 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:26 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:I loved Kukoc's time here but he had no business being on the list. Only spent 4 seasons in Milwaukee at the tail end of his career and wasn't that much of an impact.

His biggest impact was getting Gadz that contract.
" If you take away the alc l r g on Malcolm Brogdon is Mom Bod :("
- emunney

"I’d place the phone directly between my cheeks while I let one rip right in John Hammond’s ear."
- BroncoBuck
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,051

Post#52 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:29 pm

buckboy wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
buckboy wrote:Yeah, Cummings was very good here. And Marques was never a power forward. You'd think they'd know that.

I'm not sure why they put him at PF. Heck we even played Mickey Johnson at PF while Marques was at SF.

Marques could comment but I suppose there were some lineups that had Junior at SF where they also had Marques in the game at PF. He didn't overlap too much with Pressey but for those two years Pressey usually was at guard with Moncrief in the backcourt.

It's almost like they're trolling him. The fact that his number isn't retired while Winters, Bridgeman et al are is just a crime.

I think with him back in the fold that his # will be retired in the next year or so.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#53 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:37 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:C: Kareem, Bogut, Lanier, Sikma, Sanders

You can't put Larry Sanders in for a half season of great play.

The worthy candidate for that fifth slot would likely be Alton Lister or Ervin Johnson.

Elmore Smith, Swen Nater and Breuer all had one or two decent seasons at the spot.

I think EJ gets in, but Lister probably should.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#54 » by Thunder Muscle » Sat Jan 6, 2018 3:12 am

PG were tonight and included Flynn Robinson, Oscar Robertson, Sam Cassell, Paul Pressey, and Brandon Jennings.
Dobber-16
Assistant Coach
And1: 439

Post#55 » by Dobber-16 » Sun Jan 7, 2018 4:38 am

Pat Cummings, RIP.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: all you guys bitching sound like fixed income grandmas at the grocery store.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks