ImageImage

PG Thread (New Orleans) - Career loser bests Bucks

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Re: PG Thread (New Orleans) - Career loser bests Bucks 

Post#201 » by Pachinko_ » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:16 am

I missed Q4 because of work but honestly I thought it wasn't a bad effort, with so many injuries on the road against a decent team.

I think if we are healthy and we sustain tonight's performance consistently for the rest of the season we end up with 50 wins.

With a good coach make that 55 but that's neither here nor there, we're stuck with the dumb@ss.
ibanezjp
Senior
And1: 288

Post#202 » by ibanezjp » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:51 am

Just such a stupid loss. I mean the Pelicans looked like an absolute mess out there and we just sunk to their level. Obviously Cousins is incredible but for the talent they have they really are underachieving. We sunk to their level with our coach trying to be the smartest guy in the room while looking like the biggest fool out there with these lineups he was pulling out of his ass. Again just stupid. We are a better team than the Pelicans but we just let them do their thing and hang around when we should’ve been able to put them away. Beyond infuriating to lose a game where you lead almost the entire time.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,114

Post#203 » by FrieAaron » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:28 am

BobThunder wrote:
crkone wrote:Bledsoe, Mids, and Brogdon went 15 for 44, lol.

"Key championship pieces,"

This is the kind of overreaction that's ridiculous. I dislike Kidd as a coach as much as anybody -- his lineups baffle me and I don't love the offense we run. But every team has nights where their shots just aren't falling.

Here's another way to look at this: Bledsoe, Mids and Brogdon went 15 for 44, the Pelicans shot 52% from 3 and we still were right in the game,on the road, in the end. Does that mean I wouldn't like to see what I consider some of the larger systemic problems changed? Of course not, but those three are the least of my concerns. If their poor shooting is consistent over a long stretch of time, I'll be worried, but we're still 7-3 in our last 10.
Whiteman
Rookie
And1: 209

Post#204 » by Whiteman » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:23 am

Khris had a bad shooting night, but he's clearly the best passer on this team. I love what Bledsoe has added, and I really like Brogdon, but neither is anything special as a passer. Same for Giannis unfortunately.

Not often I get to type this, but Henson should have played more tonight.
bbbarnett47
Junior
And1: 130

Post#205 » by bbbarnett47 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:38 am

FrieAaron wrote:
BobThunder wrote:

This is the kind of overreaction that's ridiculous. I dislike Kidd as a coach as much as anybody -- his lineups baffle me and I don't love the offense we run. But every team has nights where their shots just aren't falling.

Here's another way to look at this: Bledsoe, Mids and Brogdon went 15 for 44, the Pelicans shot 52% from 3 and we still were right in the game,on the road, in the end. Does that mean I wouldn't like to see what I consider some of the larger systemic problems changed? Of course not, but those three are the least of my concerns. If their poor shooting is consistent over a long stretch of time, I'll be worried, but we're still 7-3 in our last 10.

This post actually made me feel better about the loss so I thank you.

I haven't rewatched but it seemed like a lot of their 3's came from broken plays or loose balls that just kind of ended up out on the perimeter, rather than good ball movement.

Bledsoe sitting at the scorers table for 3 minutes was strange, but I don't think Liggins was playing poorly, fairly certain he was 3-3 at one point and doing his best junkyard dog impression defensively. I think if we pretended him and Bledsoe were "Player A" and "Player B" this wouldn't have seemed so bad. But still, when on the ropes, get your best lineup in immediately.

John played well again, Bolomboy gave us something while Thon may be the worst NBA center in the league. He can't even put the ball on the floor without fumbling it and any play needing him to secure the ball? Forget it. Not giving up on him by a long shot but man does he have a loooooonng way to go. Good news is he only played 12 minutes.

I was upset about this loss but idk anymore. I'm starting to realize that winning half of your games on the road and 3 out of 4 at home gets you a 50 win season, which is what we are as the roster and coaching staff stands. An average team shot the lights out against us on their home court and we stayed with them until the last few possessions. Bulls on Friday is a must win considering we will get torched by Houston soon after. Brog, Khris and Bled will all be better, everything is fine.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,803

Post#206 » by Prez » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:47 am

what we really need to take the next step

Spoiler:
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#207 » by Chapter29 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:58 am

I honestly can't read these threads anymore.

Kidd's fault eh? OK.

For me their stars outplayed our stars. They win. Simple.
Giannis
is
UponUs
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,541

Post#208 » by Profound23 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:29 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
nk657 wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:How is that funny? That's literally exactly what you would expect from a team who most believe the coach is the largest problem.

Its a false belief obviously. Unless most believe that with another coach these players can pull it out till the Finals. Not realistic at all... And with what coach? No one ever mentions any other names at all.

Nah, this is honestly a trash post. Literally every time names get brought up and you just laugh it off and downplay, I think the few that get brought up the most would be Blatt and Messina. But you think Kidd is a god so you always downplay them.

And there's a huge difference between thinking someone could lead us to the finals and doing something like putting Bledsoe in the game for DeAndre Liggins before things went downhill.

Prez wrote:Fizdale is also a good coach and he's available right now.

I believe Fizdale would do a better job than Kidd, but I also believe it's pathetic that Kidd takes the blame every time we lose. He was down to 8 players last night and people are still complaining about his lineups.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#209 » by Prez » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:42 pm

So Kidd plays Liggins over twice the minutes Bledsoe did in the 4th. Waits until a little over 3 minutes left to sub in Bledsoe for Liggins, only after Pels made their run, took the lead, & gained all momentum. Starts a G-League scrub non-shooter, leaving the starters with one floor spacer. Plays his most talented & balanced lineup just 3 minutes in a 48 minute game, and that too only in the last 3 minutes when down 7 and absolutely forced to.

And we shouldn't blame him for anything. Okay.
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,448

Post#210 » by steger_3434 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:50 pm

Chapter29 wrote:I honestly can't read these threads anymore.

Kidd's fault eh? OK.

For me their stars outplayed our stars. They win. Simple.

I hate Kidd as much as the rest but I agree, it’s getting ridiculous with this board. We lose to Dallas and Kidd is the worst. **** pop list to the same Dallas team for Christ sakes with a better team.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
Nightfall
Sixth Man
And1: 2,278

Post#211 » by Nightfall » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:52 pm

The game ended at 4:30 am, I was so angry I couldn't sleep for at least 2-3 hours, when I called in sick at work... :banghead:
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,886

Post#212 » by Fotis St » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:40 pm

fan230 wrote:Middleton is our only shooter. And he was terrible today. Brogdon and Bledsoe were bad also. Only Giannis played well; with 2 tall defenders and no shooting by the Bucks, we had no chance of winning. Maybe we should look for another good shooter rather than Deandre

DeAndre and Lou
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,048

Post#213 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:07 pm

You could sense things were slipping when NOLA went up 99-98. Kidd yelled at Thon(?) on the bench to tell Bledsoe to get up and check in. That was at the 6:42 point of Q4. But then Bledsoe sat at the scorers table for over 3 minutes while NOLA ran it to 108-101.

Just a terrible Q4 all around
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
SirChurros
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,798

Post#214 » by SirChurros » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:38 pm

It has kind of become evident that Brogdon needs to be traded now that the team acquired Bledsoe. He has been awful since the trade.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,670

Post#215 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:41 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:You could sense things were slipping when NOLA went up 99-98. Kidd yelled at Thon(?) on the bench to tell Bledsoe to get up and check in. That was at the 6:42 point of Q4. But then Bledsoe sat at the scorers table for over 3 minutes while NOLA ran it to 108-101.

Just a terrible Q4 all around

This. Coaching didn't lose us this game, but it's **** like this that keeps making you go, "What the **** is he thinking?" The complete lack of awareness at times is just baffling. Like, dude, you have timeouts.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#216 » by trwi7 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:51 pm

Didn't watch the game but I saw on twitter our best lineup played 3 minutes total together. If true, this loss is absolutely on Kidd barring foul trouble preventing them from playing together or something.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#217 » by buckboy » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:57 pm

ReginaldDwight wrote:No reason to pin this on Kidd, the backcourt was not good enough.

I simply can't take you seriously anymore.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
SirChurros
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,798

Post#218 » by SirChurros » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:03 pm

FrieAaron wrote:
BobThunder wrote:

Bledsoe and Mids are going to be fine, but Brogdon concerns me. He has been awful since the acquisition of Bledsoe.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#219 » by Prez » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:06 pm

Brogdon over his last 10 is putting up 13/3/4 on 54.4% TS in like 29 mpg while playing in some truly disgusting lineups. And that lower efficiency is really just him being in a bit of a slump from 3. Not even remotely concerned about him. Get guys like Snell, Telly, Delly back for more "normal" 2nd units and he'll be fine.
har13
Analyst
And1: 1,520

Post#220 » by har13 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:18 pm

Prez wrote:Brogdon over his last 10 is putting up 13/3/4 on 54.4% TS in like 29 mpg while playing in some truly disgusting lineups. And that lower efficiency is really just him being in a bit of a slump from 3. Not even remotely concerned about him. Get guys like Snell, Telly, Delly back for more "normal" 2nd units and he'll be fine.

I agree but is he a PG? I don't know if his idea or Kidd but he is not moving the ball, i like him and i believe he can finish plays but his game is so predictive.
#FreeChuckDiesel

Sorry for my english guys. :(

It’s a magical weed.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks