OT: Investing - Stocks/Mutual Funds/Bonds/Crypto

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

GiannisAnte34
Starter
And1: 1,842

Re: OT: Investing - Stocks/Mutual Funds/Bonds/Crypto 

Post#1801 » by GiannisAnte34 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:29 am

Stannis wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:can anyone advise a good brokerage account that you can purchase penny stocks on?

I want to buy TPTW

I use Fidelity for my Pink penny stocks.

No fees.

Their interface looks a little outdated. But they have the lowest fees as far as I know.

I know TDAmeritrade is no/low fees as well, and you can do pink penny stocks. But I have no experience with them.

Sounds like you really want to hop on this stock.. tbh, Fidelity wasn't the fastest to setup if I remember correctly. So it might take like 3-4 days for you to finally get things going. You have to make your account, wait for approval, transfer some money over, and call them to be approved for pink slip stocks and I think penny stocks as well.

On the bright side, once you get it all done, you should be ready for the next pink penny stock.

Why TPTW btw?

okay I have fidelity with a brokerage account and they wouldn't just let me submit a buy order for this stock, I was really turned off by that. I want to be able to simply buy/sell as I please, not be forced to call in just to place my orders

TPTW is a 5g innovation company
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,933

Post#1802 » by Stannis » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:07 am

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Stannis wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:can anyone advise a good brokerage account that you can purchase penny stocks on?

I want to buy TPTW

I use Fidelity for my Pink penny stocks.

No fees.

Their interface looks a little outdated. But they have the lowest fees as far as I know.

I know TDAmeritrade is no/low fees as well, and you can do pink penny stocks. But I have no experience with them.

Sounds like you really want to hop on this stock.. tbh, Fidelity wasn't the fastest to setup if I remember correctly. So it might take like 3-4 days for you to finally get things going. You have to make your account, wait for approval, transfer some money over, and call them to be approved for pink slip stocks and I think penny stocks as well.

On the bright side, once you get it all done, you should be ready for the next pink penny stock.

Why TPTW btw?

okay I have fidelity with a brokerage account and they wouldn't just let me submit a buy order for this stock, I was really turned off by that. I want to be able to simply buy/sell as I please, not be forced to call in just to place my orders

Let me correct myself. You only have to call them ONCE for the ability to trade pink slip penny stocks. You just call them and they run through a quick disclosure, and you say you understand the risks and then you are approved. It's easy.

I called them and said I wanted to be approved to trade penny stocks AND over-the-counter pink stocks. I believe once you do that, you can trade however much penny pink slips you want. You don't have to call for each trade.

So imo, I think it's worth to stay with Fidelity since you already have an account with them. You are just one phone call away from doing what you want to do.
Free Palestine
GiannisAnte34
Starter
And1: 1,842

Post#1803 » by GiannisAnte34 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:08 am

Stannis wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Stannis wrote:I use Fidelity for my Pink penny stocks.

No fees.

Why TPTW btw?

Let me correct myself. You only have to call them ONCE for the ability to trade pink slip penny stocks. You just call them and they run through a quick disclosure, and you say you understand the risks and then you are approved. It's easy.

I called them and said I wanted to be approved to trade penny stocks AND over-the-counter pink stocks. I believe once you do that, you can trade however much penny pink slips you want. You don't have to call for each trade.

So imo, I think it's worth to stay with Fidelity since you already have an account with them. You are just one phone call away from doing what you want to do.

Okay that is reasonable. I'll give them a call tomorrow to set it up, thanks for the insight.
Stannis
RealGM

Post#1804 » by Stannis » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:50 am

You guys think there is any opportunity in Luckin Coffee going into OTC for a quick buck? I remember there was some names that got delisted from the NYSE & Nasdaq. They plummeted, but went up way high afterwards for a second.
Free Palestine
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,736

Post#1805 » by DanoMac » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:03 am

Stannis wrote:Any big tobacco companies you think are good for vapes AND weed?

Short answer - no
Stannis
RealGM

Post#1806 » by Stannis » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:12 am

You guys got any value sectors or stocks you are eyeing?

It seems like everything is at their ath again.

But, I'm thinking about starting new positions in some financials. I'm mainly looking into CME Group, JP Morgan, Discover Financials, maybe Ally. It seems like this is the only sector that hasn't recovered yet.

I was thinking about tobacco as well.

I already went into energy/oil a few months ago when it was negative.

I got some refunds coming in from my taxes, and some of my events like summer trips and concerts/hotels got cancelled so I got refunds coming from that as well. Kinda nice...
Free Palestine
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,312

Post#1807 » by Mags FTW » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:30 pm

Kodak :o
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Post#1808 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:43 pm

It will be interesting to see who bought into Kodak recently. It will be the usual suspects.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,017

Post#1809 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:54 pm

Read on Twitter
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,768

Post#1810 » by HaroldinGMinor » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:20 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:It will be interesting to see who bought into Kodak recently. It will be the usual suspects.

Was just going to post that. You know there was some serious insider shenanigans going on here.
Stannis
RealGM

Post#1811 » by Stannis » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:40 pm

Yea, on Monday, there was unusual activity (about a 20% increase in volume), before things went off Tuesday evening. Definitely some insider trading.

Robinhood, social media, commission free trades are only making things worse (or better depending on how you look at it).

But yea, I'm wondering who the big fish are in this one.
Free Palestine
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1812 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:54 pm

Grifters gonna grift.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,900

Post#1813 » by jschligs » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:12 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:It will be interesting to see who bought into Kodak recently. It will be the usual suspects.

Was just going to post that. You know there was some serious insider shenanigans going on here.

Yea some exec bought 47k shares before the run...that's not shady at all haha
Stannis
RealGM

Post#1814 » by Stannis » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:49 pm

jschligs wrote:
HaroldinGMinor wrote:

Is that illegal to do?

I know they bought some months ago, probably when they decided to go the pharma route. I don't think this was a hasty decision at all. The gov't loan might have just been pure luck.

Anyways, it's a really good move for Kodak. I can honestly see them doing well. With the global trade wars, US wants to make drugs here and not China & India. And I read the process of making film or whatever Kodak makes/used to make, is similar (or at least relatable) to making some drugs.

Apart from the insider trading, I'm glad to see an American company rise from the graveyard.
Free Palestine
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#1815 » by M-C-G » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:33 pm

Stannis wrote:
jschligs wrote:
HaroldinGMinor wrote:

Is that illegal to do?

I know they bought some months ago, probably when they decided to go the pharma route. I don't think this was a hasty decision at all. The gov't loan might have just been pure luck.

Anyways, it's a really good move for Kodak. I can honestly see them doing well. With the global trade wars, US wants to make drugs here and not China & India. And I read the process of making film or whatever Kodak makes/used to make, is similar (or at least relatable) to making some drugs.

Apart from the insider trading, I'm glad to see an American company rise from the graveyard.

I read a really interesting twitter thread yesterday about the three gorges dam in China and the geo-economic impact if the dam doesn't hold. Almost unreal impact on shipping of goods out of China.

Probably a good thing to bring some manufacturing back here to reduce our dependence on them right now. Lots of risk there.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,900

Post#1816 » by jschligs » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:12 pm

Stannis wrote:
jschligs wrote:
HaroldinGMinor wrote:

Is that illegal to do?

I would assume it's illegal. I mean look at the typical volume of Kodak. Typically low, then day before the news broke 1.6m haha.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/KODK/history?p=KODK
Stannis
RealGM

Post#1817 » by Stannis » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:01 pm

jschligs wrote:
I would assume it's illegal. I mean look at the typical volume of Kodak. Typically low, then day before the news broke 1.6m haha.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/KODK/history?p=KODK

Yea, I know some people who jumped on because the volume increase on Monday.

If the executives bought some on that day, then I agree.

But I meant for the shares they bought back in June? Anything illegal there?
Free Palestine
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1818 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:38 pm

The stock price jump was proceeded by a government announcement. This has been in the works for weeks. I have ZERO doubt that many in Washington loaded up. Government officials, lobbyists, other leeches. Just like those who dumped stock earlier this year (there was "outrage" then, but nothing ever came of it). Only this time they have no doubt covered their tracks much better.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,667

Post#1819 » by machu46 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:41 pm

FWIW, with Kodak being in my hometown and just the huge news that this is, I was looking into it as well and it looked like one of the national media sources accidentally published an article about Kodak getting the loan on Monday and then quickly retracted it, but seems like people might be able to use that as their cover for knowing to get in before the bump.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
Stannis
RealGM

Post#1820 » by Stannis » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:04 pm

Big tech knocked it out of the park
Free Palestine

Return to Milwaukee Bucks