OT: Investing - Stocks/Mutual Funds/Bonds/Crypto

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Re: OT: Investing - Stocks/Mutual Funds/Bonds/Crypto 

Post#681 » by M-C-G » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:31 pm

vlietinho wrote:So far so good, but damn that stuff is volatile

I have some of these positions in shares that are trading at around .03 and the volatility from day traders is crazy. It's okay, because my plan for most of them is to stay long, but I did invest a little heavier into HMPQ which is in the extraction business and thinking if that gets up around .10 at some point selling off and reinvesting.

It's fun, even though I am down slightly over the last month, but I feel like if I did this day trading more actively, the stress would kill me.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#682 » by M-C-G » Thu Feb 1, 2018 1:59 pm

XRP below a dollar, looks like I have a long road ahead to make that investment back.
vlietinho
Veteran
And1: 480

Post#683 » by vlietinho » Thu Feb 1, 2018 2:03 pm

M-C-G wrote:XRP below a dollar, looks like I have a long road ahead to make that investment back.

If we ever do :P
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,419

Post#684 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Feb 1, 2018 3:23 pm

I'm tempted to buy more and average down but I have to stick with my plan.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
engelmartin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,881

Post#685 » by engelmartin » Thu Feb 1, 2018 3:26 pm

I think BitCoin is gonna hit 7,000, personal hunch. So maybe wait if you're considering buying low.
KnicksGod wrote:Middleton probably the most underrated player in NBA History
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#686 » by M-C-G » Thu Feb 1, 2018 3:51 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I'm tempted to buy more and average down but I have to stick with my plan.

Thought about it too, but part of the appeal was it moving to coinbase right? I thought that was suppose to be a big lift for the price and not sure if that is happening or when it might.

In general I haven't heard much positivity surrounding it in weeks.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#687 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Feb 1, 2018 3:56 pm

Yeah it was "suppose" to happen in January. It had the big bump in anticipation of it happening and of course it didn't.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#688 » by REDDzone » Thu Feb 1, 2018 4:16 pm

LOL, the "its coming to coinbase" is a common rumor that is BS 99.9% of the time. Another one you'll hear if you stick around the crypto space long enough is "being adopted by facebook".
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,900

Post#689 » by jschligs » Thu Feb 1, 2018 5:12 pm

Sold all my btc yesterday...for whatever reason I had an unsettling feeling in me about it. So far seems to be ringing true. Might consider buying back in if it hits 4-5k but I doubt it drops that low.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,031

Post#690 » by midranger » Thu Feb 1, 2018 8:21 pm

jschligs wrote:Sold all my btc yesterday...for whatever reason I had an unsettling feeling in me about it. So far seems to be ringing true. Might consider buying back in if it hits 4-5k but I doubt it drops that low.

Good move.

I feel bad if me starting this thread has lost people substantial amounts of money, which unfortunately it may have done.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#691 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Feb 1, 2018 8:43 pm

If people lose money based on what they read here it's their own fault. You have to do your research. I like hearing others opinions and what they invest in.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#692 » by M-C-G » Thu Feb 1, 2018 8:49 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:If people lose money based on what they read here it's their own fault. You have to do your research. I like hearing others opinions and what they invest in.

Agreed.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,031

Post#693 » by midranger » Thu Feb 1, 2018 8:49 pm

That tether business is a real problem. No one has any idea how much fiat is actually backing the whole crypto industry. Coins are mined or produced out of thin air rather than bought into existence. Sure, some money has been pumped in lately, but how much? 2.2 billion of fake fiat that tether represents could be like 20-50% of all the money backing the whole industry. Who knows?
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,190

Post#694 » by skones » Thu Feb 1, 2018 8:52 pm

REDDzone wrote:LOL, the "its coming to coinbase" is a common rumor that is BS 99.9% of the time. Another one you'll hear if you stick around the crypto space long enough is "being adopted by facebook".

I mean, XRP was the number 2 crypto currency in terms of market cap. It had a little more clout than most. Their accusations of insider trading with BitCoin Cash put them in hot water.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#695 » by M-C-G » Thu Feb 1, 2018 8:59 pm

skones wrote:
REDDzone wrote:LOL, the "its coming to coinbase" is a common rumor that is BS 99.9% of the time. Another one you'll hear if you stick around the crypto space long enough is "being adopted by facebook".

I mean, XRP was the number 2 crypto currency in terms of market cap. It had a little more clout than most. Their accusations of insider trading with BitCoin Cash put them in hot water.

When and where did this happen? I've been following your basic yahoo finance news on portfolio and watchlist and hadn't noticed this little tidbit-coin
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#696 » by REDDzone » Thu Feb 1, 2018 9:02 pm

skones wrote:

I don't invest in XRP but my statement wasn't an indictment on them, and it could still come to coinbase BTW.

I'm just saying - if I had one ETH (it wouldn't take a full BTC) for every time I've heard someone claim "x coin is coming to coinbase!" or "x coin is being adopted by facebook/amazon/trendy company next year!" I would be a very wealthy dude. :lol:
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,190

Post#697 » by skones » Thu Feb 1, 2018 9:05 pm

M-C-G wrote:
skones wrote:

When and where did this happen? I've been following your basic yahoo finance news on portfolio and watchlist and hadn't noticed this little tidbit-coin

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnkoetsier/2017/12/25/alleged-bitcoin-cash-insider-trading-discovered-via-coinbase-with-potential-8x-return/#25f05d856f20

Think this more or less shelved a couple of prospective adds.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,026

Post#698 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Thu Feb 1, 2018 9:40 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:If people lose money based on what they read here it's their own fault. You have to do your research. I like hearing others opinions and what they invest in.

There’s also been plenty of people saying only put in what you are prepared to loose. I don’t feel bad if people lost a couple thousand just as I wouldn’t have been jealous if they made a couple thousand.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,900

Post#699 » by jschligs » Thu Feb 1, 2018 10:29 pm

midranger wrote:
jschligs wrote:Sold all my btc yesterday...for whatever reason I had an unsettling feeling in me about it. So far seems to be ringing true. Might consider buying back in if it hits 4-5k but I doubt it drops that low.

Good move.

I feel bad if me starting this thread has lost people substantial amounts of money, which unfortunately it may have done.

People's own stupidity lost them alot of money, not you starting a thread. You're good in my book.

I was fortunate to get in back in summer of last year and got out a little at it's peak, then everything right now. Now it's time to print off all my transactions and reports for taxes. Don't want uncle Sam knocking on my door looking for back taxes. I've already been audited once in the last year.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#700 » by M-C-G » Fri Feb 2, 2018 2:45 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I'm tempted to buy more and average down but I have to stick with my plan.

Down to .84

Return to Milwaukee Bucks