OT: 2018,Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,082

Re: OT: 2018,Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1021 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:48 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:I played Skyrim for about 20 hours this weekend :) Some of the mods are super interesting (new spells, new skills), and I'm already doing quests I didn't do the first time around so it feels like a completely brand-new experience. On top of that, I last played about seven years ago, so I'm not sure how much I'd remember anyways :P

Between this, Ys 8 coming on Tuesday, Lumines releasing on Tuesday, Hollow Knight, and Donkey Kong...I think I'm set for a while.

I also downloaded the new Octopath Traveller demo to see how improved it is. I think it will be an eventual buy for me once I finish my current RPGs (by finish I just mean "done playing"...I'm so bad at finishing games).

If you can remember, which mods are you trying out? I could see getting back into Skyrim since I only really played the vanilla version.

Only gaming I've done in about a week was 15 minutes of Hollow Knight. I think I'm gonna like it.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,667

Post#1022 » by machu46 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:01 pm

jmuelly wrote:Really enjoyed the Crew 2 beta with friends, likely buying.

Got access to the Madden 19 beta, and am checking that out the next few days.

Still must finish GOW.

I've played around with the Madden beta a little bit. The improvements to player movement were way more substantial than I expected, as were the changes they've made to the depth charts.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#1023 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:12 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:I played Skyrim for about 20 hours this weekend :) Some of the mods are super interesting (new spells, new skills), and I'm already doing quests I didn't do the first time around so it feels like a completely brand-new experience. On top of that, I last played about seven years ago, so I'm not sure how much I'd remember anyways :P

Between this, Ys 8 coming on Tuesday, Lumines releasing on Tuesday, Hollow Knight, and Donkey Kong...I think I'm set for a while.

I also downloaded the new Octopath Traveller demo to see how improved it is. I think it will be an eventual buy for me once I finish my current RPGs (by finish I just mean "done playing"...I'm so bad at finishing games).

If you can remember, which mods are you trying out? I could see getting back into Skyrim since I only really played the vanilla version.

Only gaming I've done in about a week was 15 minutes of Hollow Knight. I think I'm gonna like it.

Yep. So you'll go to Nexus Mods and download their mod manager, then download mods from the website and install through the manager. It sounds more complicated than it is - it's actually pretty great.

I have:

Immersive Armor: Just a boatload of new armor, completely worked into the game. E.g. you can buy it, you can craft it, you can find it in chests, you can loot it off enemies you kill (because they'll wear it).
Immersive Weapons: See above, but for weapons.
Flora Overhaul/Unofficial Patch/Mesh Improvements/Quality World Map/Enhanced Blood: General beautification.
Ordinator Perks: The new skill tree. Totally revamped branches of all skills, which makes things a bit more interesting.
Apocalypse Magic: 150+ new spells. Some really interesting stuff. I'm not playing a (pure) magic user, but I plan to explore this a little bit at least. Again, completely worked into the game.
A New Start: Let's you have a different intro scene, instead of the Helgen beheading (which doens't play well with mods).

I'm still looking for some UI enhancements like easier weapon switching/hotkeys, and will eventually get a different house/dwelling downloaded also. I'd recommend just browsing through their most downloaded all-time:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition?tab=popular+%28all+time%29
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1024 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:23 pm

Also, there's tons of stuff for new quests I haven't gotten into yet, just because there's already so much within the game I never saw. But if that's your thing, you can find plenty of those mods, also. I'll eventually check out the Beyond Skyrim mods (I think Burma is all that is out right now).

From what I have gathered, it is safe to install mods and use already-in-progress games; however, do not uninstall mods from games where they have been active. And always back up your saves when you make changes.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1025 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:45 pm

I'm hampered by having the Xbox One version and it doesn't look like a couple of those are available, like the Immersive series you're talking about. Seems like the PC versions are huge and that's why they weren't ported. That Beyond Skyrim mod is available, though. Damn, looks dope.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,905

Post#1026 » by jschligs » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:17 pm

I've had Skyrim on every system imaginable but the PC. Thinking it might be worth it for the mods alone on PC.

Someone posted earlier, but I'm curious if anyone has given Paladins on Switch a go? It sucks they made the free-to-play game $30 on Switch, but if it's good enough I'll bite. I'm still dabbling in Overwatch regularly.
ReddRum
Veteran
And1: 465
Location: Waiting for a superstar to awaken the city of Milwaukee

Post#1027 » by ReddRum » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:52 pm

Anybody know how Skyrim is on the Switch?
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Big baby ass Derozan tosses the ball in the stands and gets and gets his sorry a-- tossed. Cross him off our list of players to target.

Ejected with only two games left in your season.What immature nut...Grow up and just play.
jschligs
General Manager

Post#1028 » by jschligs » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:04 pm

ReddRum wrote:Anybody know how Skyrim is on the Switch?

I have it. It's about as good as you'd expect. Graphics are pretty good for a Switch game, runs smoothly and plays just like the other versions to me. It's nice when I want more of a mainstream game on the go.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1029 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:37 pm

Indies are gonna pull me out of a lack motivation to game. Bought

Pyre
Iconoclasts
Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon
Hollow Knight
Owl Boy

this week.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#1030 » by Sauce Boss » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:00 am

Grabbed Far Cry 4 and Oxygen Not Included on Steam Sale, then Mario Tennis Aces. Debating on Lumines and the Mario+Ranbids season pass for the DK DLC this week. Really gotta curb the game spending though; I feel like I’m getting stuff I want while not having time to play a lot of it.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1031 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:44 pm

Ys 8 came last night and I dug into that a little bit; also picked up Lumines on Switch yesterday. I'm having a tough time pulling away from Skyrim, though, honestly. I might ride this wave out instead of trying to do two RPGs at once.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1032 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:45 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Indies are gonna pull me out of a lack motivation to game. Bought

Pyre
Iconoclasts
Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon
Hollow Knight
Owl Boy

this week.

Hollow Knight is incredible and I haven't given it the time it deserves. While nothing here* is screaming AAA title (which was expected looking at the gaming landscape for this year), I've suddenly found myself with quite the backlog.

*"Here" meaning the games on my list, not yours above - Skyrim, Ys 8, Hollow Knight, Lumines (this is more of a puzzler and not something you sit down and binge). Then there's Donkey Kong I never finished, and I also never finished DOS2.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,055

Post#1033 » by Siefer » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:18 pm

I picked up and played Oxenfree over the weekend. It's presented and written well enough that I powered through the frustratingly slow character movement and long loading times between areas.

Also currently playing Divinity: Original Sin 2 with a few friends. The co-op story mechanics are keeping everyone involved, and we're having a great time puzzling through the combat.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,750

Post#1034 » by TroyD92 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:39 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

Yep. So you'll go to Nexus Mods and download their mod manager, then download mods from the website and install through the manager. It sounds more complicated than it is - it's actually pretty great.

I have:

Immersive Armor: Just a boatload of new armor, completely worked into the game. E.g. you can buy it, you can craft it, you can find it in chests, you can loot it off enemies you kill (because they'll wear it).
Flora Overhaul/Unofficial Patch/Mesh Improvements/Quality World Map/Enhanced Blood: General beautification.
Ordinator Perks: The new skill tree. Totally revamped branches of all skills, which makes things a bit more interesting.
Apocalypse Magic: 150+ new spells. Some really interesting stuff. I'm not playing a (pure) magic user, but I plan to explore this a little bit at least. Again, completely worked into the game.
A New Start: Let's you have a different intro scene, instead of the Helgen beheading (which doens't play well with mods).

I'm still looking for some UI enhancements like easier weapon switching/hotkeys, and will eventually get a different house/dwelling downloaded also. I'd recommend just browsing through their most downloaded all-time:

Need to get skyui/racemenu/sky hair. They dramatically overhaul character creation.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1035 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:55 pm

TroyD92 wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

I have:

Need to get skyui/racemenu/sky hair. They dramatically overhaul character creation.

Do you know if there's a way then to change an in-flight character? I don't want to restart :P
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,750

Post#1036 » by TroyD92 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:30 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

I have:

Do you know if there's a way then to change an in-flight character? I don't want to restart :P

I know the skyhair can be changed on the fly. SkyUI I dont think will have an effect on any current saves, but considering you passed the creation portion I dont think racemenu will be of any use but it's a lot of fun to play with. Make sure you have SKSE also.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
jschligs
General Manager

Post#1037 » by jschligs » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:56 pm

Sauce Boss wrote:Grabbed Far Cry 4 and Oxygen Not Included on Steam Sale, then Mario Tennis Aces. Debating on Lumines and the Mario+Ranbids season pass for the DK DLC this week. Really gotta curb the game spending though; I feel like I’m getting stuff I want while not having time to play a lot of it.

Thoughts on Aces? I'm on the fence about getting it now or waiting. What little bit of the beta I played was fun, but I want to know if it's worth $50-60?

Speaking of Mario sports games, has there been any rumors or announcements of Mario Golf? That would make me cry with joy.
ReddRum
Veteran
And1: 465
Location: Waiting for a superstar to awaken the city of Milwaukee

Post#1038 » by ReddRum » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:52 am

Everywhere I have looked Mario Aces has got a 7 or 8 out of 10. I haven’t played yet but based on what I have seen i think it’s worth picking up.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Big baby ass Derozan tosses the ball in the stands and gets and gets his sorry a-- tossed. Cross him off our list of players to target.

Ejected with only two games left in your season.What immature nut...Grow up and just play.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1039 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:12 am

The reviews I've read says it's almost exclusively a MP game. The SP game is praised, but then it's noted that it only takes 3-4 hours to complete.

I liked the demo a lot, and I could see myself playing online some, but not sure this one will end up getting my money with this in mind.
jschligs
General Manager

Post#1040 » by jschligs » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:04 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:The reviews I've read says it's almost exclusively a MP game. The SP game is praised, but then it's noted that it only takes 3-4 hours to complete.

I liked the demo a lot, and I could see myself playing online some, but not sure this one will end up getting my money with this in mind.

First review I watched mentioned the same thing, mostly MP focused and not as robust of SP. That was the nail in the coffin for me picking it up now, I'll wait a bit and find it used on craigslists.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks