humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,939

Re: OT: 2018,Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1961 » by humanrefutation » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:21 pm

jmuelly wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:You can ride the horse back, but usually when you reload the save, you should spawn close to the burnt down town. But I've done both and it's been fine either way.

Oh, and in terms of when to save, I saved right when Arthur bends over and reaches into the chest to grasp the bar.

Thanks, finally got it to work this time around. Loaded up and sold 15k worth, went back and loaded up 30 more bars. Have to sell them yet, I'll do so when I'm near a fence. Im often not interested in $ glitches but this game earning $ is such a slow process and the real enjoyment of the game is playing loosely and doing as you wish, at least I find it more enjoyable to not have to always outrun and scramble to pay bounties I cant often afford.

Nice. And yeah, it's definitely more fun when you can pay off bounties and buy whatever clothes/horses/weapons/provisions you want.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,951

Post#1962 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:28 pm

It is sorta hilarious when Dutch is acting like the camp is poor and they need that ONE LAST SCORE and I'm like bitch I just gave you ten grand.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Post#1963 » by jschligs » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:35 pm

Was thinking about picking up Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu as the Blue version was one of my favorite games of all time (and all subsequent Pokemon) until I saw the price...$60 for a refresh on the Switch? Not a chance, I have my 3DS ready to go.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1964 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:40 am

Unreal. In Chapter 5 of RDR2 there's a string of missions where there's no break in between. If you're like me and you turned off auto-save, you either play hours of gameplay or you're screwed. Lost a couple missions worth of progress because of it tonight.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,650

Post#1965 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:50 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Unreal. In Chapter 5 of RDR2 there's a string of missions where there's no break in between. If you're like me and you turned off auto-save, you either play hours of gameplay or you're screwed. Lost a couple missions worth of progress because of it tonight.

Can't you just sleep your PS4?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1966 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:51 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Unreal. In Chapter 5 of RDR2 there's a string of missions where there's no break in between. If you're like me and you turned off auto-save, you either play hours of gameplay or you're screwed. Lost a couple missions worth of progress because of it tonight.

I don't know, if I switch to Netflix does it still hold the same position in the game? I had to use the PS4 for watching a movie.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1967 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:53 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

I don't know, if I switch to Netflix does it still hold the same position in the game? I had to use the PS4 for watching a movie.

Ah, then no, that doesn't work.

That sucks man.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1968 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:54 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

That sucks man.

It's just super **** game design.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1969 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:04 am

I don't want it tp seem like I'm down on it. It took a long time but I really love it. Even the scripted missions I rage against typically have been very fun. But come on.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1970 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:10 am

ReasonablySober wrote:I don't want it tp seem like I'm down on it. It took a long time but I really love it. Even the scripted missions I rage against typically have been very fun. But come on.

Totally get it. P5 will sometimes go 1-2 hours between ability to save which, in today's game design, is really, really pushing it. But I've been able to just use 'sleep' to quasi-save my progress and come back. It's only burned me once so far having died before I could save and needing to go back ~2 hours. I think that was partially my fault, too, doing some prolonged grinding in there.

I should get back to that before I get Odyssey over Black Friday.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,939

Post#1971 » by humanrefutation » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:34 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

I warned ya.

Spoiler:
I was able to save right when you get to your "base" on the island, and then I just played through until I returned to Saint Denis in the middle of the chapter.

If you don't close the app and you just back out of it (clicking the PS button), you can sleep without losing progress. It just effectively pauses the game. If you try to use another app/game, it will warn you that it will have to close the other app before it can access it. Closing it without saving = it will load at the last autosave point.

I just finished Chapter V and am working my way through Chapter VI. Should make it to the epilogues by the weekend, I think.
Buck Dweller
Starter
And1: 988

Post#1972 » by Buck Dweller » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:45 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:
StickeeFingaz wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:I never ask you guys for anything but I am now. Please buy Hitman 2 so that they keep making them.

Thanks.

I never played the previous Hitman but everybody seemed to have so much fun playing it. I might have to buy this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You wouldn't think a game like that would be so replayable, but it is. It's my goto to clear my head when I'm writing.

Do you have to play the first to play the second? I heard it's a game where you basically just kill rich assh*les and I'm all in.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,593

Post#1973 » by TroyD92 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:47 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

I warned ya.

Spoiler:
I was able to save right when you get to your "base" on the island, and then I just played through until I returned to Saint Denis in the middle of the chapter.

If you don't close the app and you just back out of it (clicking the PS button), you can sleep without losing progress. It just effectively pauses the game. If you try to use another app/game, it will warn you that it will have to close the other app before it can access it. Closing it without saving = it will load at the last autosave point.

I just finished Chapter V and am working my way through Chapter VI. Should make it to the epilogues by the weekend, I think.

Yeah as long as you don't play a different game you can use a streaming app and it will just put the game into sleep mode basically.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,410

Post#1974 » by SupremeHustle » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:09 pm

Buck Dweller wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:
StickeeFingaz wrote:
I never played the previous Hitman but everybody seemed to have so much fun playing it. I might have to buy this one.

You wouldn't think a game like that would be so replayable, but it is. It's my goto to clear my head when I'm writing.

Do you have to play the first to play the second? I heard it's a game where you basically just kill rich assh*les and I'm all in.

Nah. You can jump right in.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#1975 » by Chapter29 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:17 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

That sucks man.

It's just super **** game design.

Yeah. For me, since my Xbox is essentially only for gaming now, I just turn it off and it resumes right where I left off. But yeah if you switch out to another source inside of your PlayStation, you're restarting the game and if its not saved, you're screwed.
Giannis
is
UponUs
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,631

Post#1976 » by StickeeFingaz » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:34 pm

Now I have RDR2, Battlefield V, and Hitman 2. Oh boy.

#FreeChuckDiesel
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1977 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:36 pm

Picked up Hitman 1. Gonna play that, RDR2, and a couple Blackout matches here and there.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,631

Post#1978 » by StickeeFingaz » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:01 pm

I thought about grabbing Hitman 1 as well since they’re gonna remaster those maps and put them in Hitman 2. I’m assuming I could find it pretty cheap at this point.

#FreeChuckDiesel
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1979 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:14 pm

Sony pulled out of E3. Ouch.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Post#1980 » by jschligs » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:29 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Sony pulled out of E3. Ouch.

Holy crap!? What’s the reason?

Started playing Golf Story tonight, I’m reqlly enjoying it.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks