ImageImage

OT: 2018,Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,900

Re: OT: 2018,Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#661 » by jschligs » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:20 pm

FrieAaron wrote:Looking forward to getting home and trying Overwatch's new PVE mission tonight.

Saw it last night but didn't play. Bad news is they nerfed D.Va who was one of my mains.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,114

Post#662 » by FrieAaron » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:43 pm

jschligs wrote:
FrieAaron wrote:Looking forward to getting home and trying Overwatch's new PVE mission tonight.

Saw it last night but didn't play. Bad news is they nerfed D.Va who was one of my mains.

It's pretty cool. Kind of like a little Left 4 Dead type mission. The D.Va nerfs hurt a lot, but she should still be a really strong off tank. I play her a decent amount as well (Winston/Tracer main, though).
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#663 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:00 pm

I finished my PC! I will unfortunately be opening it back up again in the short-term future to install the heat sink and fan (which I needed a special mounting bracket for, and did not realize), but the stock heat sink is working for now. My all-in price was $843, after rebates (still processing, of course). I downloaded Divinity: Original Sin 2 last night - which went on sale at the perfect time - and I am happily playing on Ultra settings on my 1080p TV :)

Short-term, I want to find a new blutooth keyboard and mouse that can switch between all of my computers so I don't have to change-out what I'm using. They exist, but are expensive. I will bite the bullet. Long-term, I will want a nice monitor, but I'm not too impatient there (yet).

Thanks everyone for your help, with a shout-out to jschligs for the HDD!
jschligs
General Manager

Post#664 » by jschligs » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:51 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:I finished my PC! I will unfortunately be opening it back up again in the short-term future to install the heat sink and fan (which I needed a special mounting bracket for, and did not realize), but the stock heat sink is working for now. My all-in price was $843, after rebates (still processing, of course). I downloaded Divinity: Original Sin 2 last night - which went on sale at the perfect time - and I am happily playing on Ultra settings on my 1080p TV :)

Short-term, I want to find a new blutooth keyboard and mouse that can switch between all of my computers so I don't have to change-out what I'm using. They exist, but are expensive. I will bite the bullet. Long-term, I will want a nice monitor, but I'm not too impatient there (yet).

Let me know how you like Divinity: Original Sin 2 as that's probably next on my list! And feel free to add me on Steam - jschleicher24 or jschligs - can't remember which is right.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,017

Post#665 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:11 pm

Still playing FC5, almost done with my 2nd region (the north, which I've really liked). All I wanna say is I would like it if more open world games would let me travel with a diabetic grizzly bear and a pup.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#666 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:06 pm

jschligs wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:I finished my PC! I will unfortunately be opening it back up again in the short-term future to install the heat sink and fan (which I needed a special mounting bracket for, and did not realize), but the stock heat sink is working for now. My all-in price was $843, after rebates (still processing, of course). I downloaded Divinity: Original Sin 2 last night - which went on sale at the perfect time - and I am happily playing on Ultra settings on my 1080p TV :)

Let me know how you like Divinity: Original Sin 2 as that's probably next on my list! And feel free to add me on Steam - jschleicher24 or jschligs - can't remember which is right.

You should get it. It’s a lot of fun. There are certainly some issues...god I hate the camera and the inventory management isn’t great, but the rest is wonderful. If you liked DOS1 it’s a no brainer.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#667 » by WRau1 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:12 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
jschligs wrote:

You should get it. It’s a lot of fun. There are certainly some issues...god I hate the camera and the inventory management isn’t great, but the rest is wonderful. If you liked DOS1 it’s a no brainer.

I was literally just saying that about the camera and inventory.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#668 » by WRau1 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:15 pm

I finally just got around to playing Horizon, what a fantastic game. FC5 is also very good, a couple issues but still extremely solid. God of War comes out Friday, can't wait for that.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#669 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:04 pm

WRau1 wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:
jschligs wrote:

I was literally just saying that about the camera and inventory.

I don't understand how the camera can be so bad. Surely someone has some suggested control layout changes or even mods, but I haven't looked into it at all yet.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#670 » by crkone » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:07 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Still playing FC5, almost done with my 2nd region (the north, which I've really liked). All I wanna say is I would like it if more open world games would let me travel with a diabetic grizzly bear and a pup.

The ending is so infuriating, at least to me. I won't spoil it but I think playing DLC will have to be a must.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#671 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:09 pm

crkone wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Still playing FC5, almost done with my 2nd region (the north, which I've really liked). All I wanna say is I would like it if more open world games would let me travel with a diabetic grizzly bear and a pup.

The ending is so infuriating, at least to me. I won't spoil it but I think playing DLC will have to be a must.

Damn, that's disappointing. I was thinking this morning that there had better be a nice payoff. I'm actually mostly into the story at this point. Finished off my second region (the north) and I'm about a 3rd of the way finished with Faith's region. Will probably finish the game tonight.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#672 » by Sauce Boss » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:15 pm

Finished Splatoon 2's single player portion last night. Wasn't the worst, but I think I could've gone with that game being just multiplayer only.

Debating if I want to grab Rainbow Six Siege on sale on Steam before the deal ends at noon. Seems cool, but I don't really know if I need another game right now. Need to try to wrap up Bayonetta 2 before Tropical Freeze shows up in three weeks.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,291

Post#673 » by KidA24 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:03 pm

I'm maybe 15 hours into Zelda: BOTW and feel like I have no idea what I'm doing, and no idea how to do anything -- and I don't feel like this is a bad thing.

Things I've learned: Cooking is important (and SLOW), carry all the weapons you can at all times, exploring and shrines are important I do this with most of my time in game, currently -- I've hardly completed any quests so far.

Things I should get better at:
Taking my time during combat. I like to just charge in and mash buttons, that gets me killed (I still cannot dodge or parry effectively) and using the environment to my advantage.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
jschligs
General Manager

Post#674 » by jschligs » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Sauce Boss wrote:Finished Splatoon 2's single player portion last night. Wasn't the worst, but I think I could've gone with that game being just multiplayer only.

Debating if I want to grab Rainbow Six Siege on sale on Steam before the deal ends at noon. Seems cool, but I don't really know if I need another game right now. Need to try to wrap up Bayonetta 2 before Tropical Freeze shows up in three weeks.

I'd grab it just because it's a good deal and at some point you'll find yourself playing it and having a ton of fun. It's a much slower game than most shooters because it is heavy on the strategy part and if you die you're done for the round, but man is it a lot of fun.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,015

Post#675 » by humanrefutation » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:36 pm

I'm curious about this: Classic Sega games are coming to the Switch this summer.

Gimme some original Sonic.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach

Post#676 » by Sauce Boss » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:34 pm

humanrefutation wrote:I'm curious about this: Classic Sega games are coming to the Switch this summer.

Gimme some original Sonic.

I'm actually kind of annoyed with the psuedo-virtual console thing going on where the eShop has tons of ACA Neogeo ports, and now it'll seemingly include these old Sega games, too. Would be nice if Nintendo just said "hey, we're ditching VC and just putting everything on the eShop" then proceeded to give us some good Super Nintendo ports that I'd like to get my hands on.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#677 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:29 pm

Yeah I'm very impatiently waiting on the SNES ports. They better be coming. I want all DKC games ASAP.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach

Post#678 » by Sauce Boss » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:24 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:Yeah I'm very impatiently waiting on the SNES ports. They better be coming. I want all DKC games ASAP.

I just want Super Metroid, because I've never played it. If it's ported nicely onto that Switch portable screen...
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,670

Post#679 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:27 pm

Anybody play Mafia III? Was thinking about picking up a cheap copy from game stop and I played the last one. Story was good, but the "open world" aspect was kinda lacking. Was hoping the new one would be more of a step in the direction that the first one took.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#680 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:15 pm

Return to Milwaukee Bucks