OT: 2018,Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

engelmartin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,881

Re: OT: 2018,Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#721 » by engelmartin » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:42 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
engelmartin wrote:I took the plunge into Monster Hunter World. Any tips on how to beat the fire breathing Trex?

Concentrate on the tail at first, and stay near his feet. When you're attacking you always want to be on his heels. When he retreats and lies down, wail on him with your best combos. This is a battle that seems tough at first but it'll probably be the one you complete the most because once you get the hang of it you're gonna end up farming him for a nice early set of gear and weapons. Super easy.

Sweet. The only encounters I had so far was when I was attempting to kill other smaller monsters and it just burst out of nowhere and destroyed me. Do you have a favorite heavy weapon? I've been using the hammer and buster sword which are pretty good but there's so many weapons I haven't been able to try all of them.
KnicksGod wrote:Middleton probably the most underrated player in NBA History
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,083

Post#722 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:44 pm

engelmartin wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
engelmartin wrote:I took the plunge into Monster Hunter World. Any tips on how to beat the fire breathing Trex?

Concentrate on the tail at first, and stay near his feet. When you're attacking you always want to be on his heels. When he retreats and lies down, wail on him with your best combos. This is a battle that seems tough at first but it'll probably be the one you complete the most because once you get the hang of it you're gonna end up farming him for a nice early set of gear and weapons. Super easy.

Sweet. The only encounters I had so far was when I was attempting to kill other smaller monsters and it just burst out of nowhere and destroyed me. Do you have a favorite heavy weapon? I've been using the hammer and buster sword which are pretty good but there's so many weapons I haven't been able to try all of them.

I don't, unfortunately. I used the blade the transforms into the shield for a little while, but I ended up having the most success with the twin daggers. I favor speed and mobility most, and those things totally shred.

I haven't played in a couple months. I finished the main campaign but didn't do any elder dragon hunts. Maybe once I finish GoW it's what I'll go back to.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,334

Post#723 » by KidA24 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:50 pm

Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,337

Post#724 » by crkone » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:56 pm

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#725 » by Sauce Boss » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:52 pm

crkone wrote:https://www.amazon.com/s/browse/ref=gbps_tit_s-4_d724_a1ec79d0?node=13580811011&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=695f29ac-ec28-4005-ae23-4a6ff667d724&pf_rd_s=slot-4&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=gb_main&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=Z7EW0DADCZ4J739X2ZHV

Boardgames on sale on Amazon

Terraforming Mars for $35 is really tempting. Normally a $60-70 game.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
crkone
RealGM

Post#726 » by crkone » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:08 pm

Sauce Boss wrote:
crkone wrote:https://www.amazon.com/s/browse/ref=gbps_tit_s-4_d724_a1ec79d0?node=13580811011&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=695f29ac-ec28-4005-ae23-4a6ff667d724&pf_rd_s=slot-4&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=gb_main&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=Z7EW0DADCZ4J739X2ZHV

I haven't heard of the majority of these games. It's hard to narrow them down.

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,334

Post#727 » by KidA24 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:27 pm

crkone wrote:
Sauce Boss wrote:

This might help: https://www.reddit.com/r/Boardgamedeals/comments/8e9o3q/amazon_tabletop_day_sale_is_live/

If you're looking for fun to play, easy to get people involved games:
Pandemic, Ticket to Ride, Kingdomino and King of Tokyo are all relatively "entry level" games to the board gaming hobby.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,691

Post#728 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:41 pm

7 Wonders is pretty novice-friendly, and also exceedingly fun, even for board game-vets (IMO).
crkone
RealGM

Post#729 » by crkone » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:45 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:7 Wonders is pretty novice-friendly, and also exceedingly fun, even for board game-vets (IMO).

KidA24 wrote:
crkone wrote:
Sauce Boss wrote:Terraforming Mars for $35 is really tempting. Normally a $60-70 game.

This might help: https://www.reddit.com/r/Boardgamedeals/comments/8e9o3q/amazon_tabletop_day_sale_is_live/

If you're looking for fun to play, easy to get people involved games:
Pandemic, Ticket to Ride, Kingdomino and King of Tokyo are all relatively "entry level" games to the board gaming hobby.

Thanks!

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach

Post#730 » by Sauce Boss » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:05 pm

crkone wrote:
Sauce Boss wrote:

I own like 20ish board games. If you're looking to build a collection, the core six games I suggest as a foundation are Catan, Carcassonne, Dominion, Pandemic, Ticket to Ride, and 7 Wonders. After those six, you'll have a good flavor for the things you like and can branch into whatever other games interest you.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
nmeurett
Bench Warmer
And1: 212

Post#731 » by nmeurett » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:56 pm

Anyone looking for a end table or nightstand this is pretty cool. Has a fridge, Bluetooth speakers, wireless charging, lights and more. I've never backed anything before on Kickstart or indigogo but this just seemed really cool and worth the $400.

Check out "Sobro Smart Side Table" on Indiegogo http://igg.me/at/sobrosidetable/shre/18612681Image

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#732 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:24 pm

Anyone have any tips on how to start in Path of Exile? This is extremely overwhelming and most "newbie guides" seem to operate under the assumption that you aren't actually new, but maybe just suck.

At this point, I'm kind of just playing and leveling up and whatnot, but I feel like my character is probably utterly worthless long-term.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach

Post#733 » by Sauce Boss » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:16 am

MikeIsGood wrote:Anyone have any tips on how to start in Path of Exile? This is extremely overwhelming and most "newbie guides" seem to operate under the assumption that you aren't actually new, but maybe just suck.

At this point, I'm kind of just playing and leveling up and whatnot, but I feel like my character is probably utterly worthless long-term.

Basically I was told "hey, your first character will suck, but you'll learn how to build your next one from it." My suggestion: follow a build guide. Just follow one to kind of figure out why someone made choices on the skill tree and the gems they picked to accomplish their goal. Example: I was doing a weird Shadow build for a while that stacked DoT AoE spells to just rapidly kill large groups of mods, it used zero melee. I eventually kind of figured out what they were going for, trying to chain gems to boost those abilities and picking up skill tree spots to increase its potency.

It's a big, complicated, rewarding game. I've played maybe 40 hours and that's barely scratching the surface.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#734 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:43 am

Sauce Boss wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:Anyone have any tips on how to start in Path of Exile? This is extremely overwhelming and most "newbie guides" seem to operate under the assumption that you aren't actually new, but maybe just suck.

Basically I was told "hey, your first character will suck, but you'll learn how to build your next one from it." My suggestion: follow a build guide. Just follow one to kind of figure out why someone made choices on the skill tree and the gems they picked to accomplish their goal. Example: I was doing a weird Shadow build for a while that stacked DoT AoE spells to just rapidly kill large groups of mods, it used zero melee. I eventually kind of figured out what they were going for, trying to chain gems to boost those abilities and picking up skill tree spots to increase its potency.

It's a big, complicated, rewarding game. I've played maybe 40 hours and that's barely scratching the surface.

Thanks. I actually restarted and started blindly following a guide this time. I’m up to level 15 in act 1 and I’m significantly more successful. I’m also starting to understand the skill tree a little more, so it seems to be working for me.

I am on the wiki ever 5 minutes. There are just so many gameplay mechanics to be cognizant of and no guide seems to do a good or complete job. But regardless of that, it’s quite fun. I can see sinking tons of time into this.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach

Post#735 » by Sauce Boss » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:16 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
Sauce Boss wrote:

Thanks. I actually restarted and started blindly following a guide this time. I’m up to level 15 in act 1 and I’m significantly more successful. I’m also starting to understand the skill tree a little more, so it seems to be working for me.

I am on the wiki ever 5 minutes. There are just so many gameplay mechanics to be cognizant of and no guide seems to do a good or complete job. But regardless of that, it’s quite fun. I can see sinking tons of time into this.

Yeah, it's a weird game. Like sometimes I'm enamored with it, sometimes I'm like ehhhhh. I think I just respect what they're trying to do, but not sure if I really want to invest time into the grind. Too many other games to play.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,915

Post#736 » by jschligs » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:50 pm

Any recommendations on South Park: The Fractured Butt Whole? I'm thinking of scooping it up before leaving for Europe for the plane and trains.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,712

Post#737 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:48 pm

The Stick of Truth was fun but short, and I've heard TFBW is essentially the same game(play), different story. Typical South Park dick and fart joke humor......so of course I found it hilarious.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#738 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:47 pm

jschligs wrote:Any recommendations on South Park: The Fractured Butt Whole? I'm thinking of scooping it up before leaving for Europe for the plane and trains.

Never played it, but thought I'd for some reason share my embarrassment that I just now get this joke.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,942

Post#739 » by Turk Nowitzki » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:12 pm

I've never played a God of War game in my life and don't know a damn thing about it. Does that matter, because the new one looks pretty **** cool. Is there anything recent that it compares to, as far as trying to get a sense of what type of game it is?
BucksStatsGuy
Sophomore
And1: 655

Post#740 » by BucksStatsGuy » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:59 pm

Turk Nowitzki wrote:I've never played a God of War game in my life and don't know a damn thing about it. Does that matter, because the new one looks pretty **** cool. Is there anything recent that it compares to, as far as trying to get a sense of what type of game it is?

Think Horizon: ZD with a little bit of Last of Us (at least in my opinion), but I'd argue the combat is far more satisfying than either. As a fan of the original GoWs, I was a little worried about the new style, but it's pretty awesome once you sink some time into upgrading your stuff. There's a pretty strong RPG element to this one (skill-trees, weapon upgrades, etc.), and it takes a while to sink in, but once you realize that you are kind of upgrading a limited set of things instead of ending up with hundreds of different moves, it starts to all make sense. The semi-open world style has also been a lot of fun, lots of hidden areas, collectibles, etc. I'm loving it so far, worth every penny. It's pretty unforgiving too. You could kind of game the original GoWs and limit the enemies on the screen because of the fixed cameras, but this one there will be endless amounts of enemies attacking you from behind. The dodge/parry moves are a necessity.

The current version if vastly different than the last games, so you aren't losing anything by not playing them (though I'd recommend it, they are fun as hell)

Return to Milwaukee Bucks