2018 TV/Movie/Book Thread with Spoilers

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Re: 2018 TV/Movie/Book Thread with Spoilers 

Post#361 » by Bucksfan28 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:10 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:Anyone gonna see Black Panther this weekend? I'm trying to put together some folks to go see it. The reviews have been pretty great.

Definitely gonna see it, but not this weekend. I'm not a fan of packed theaters.

I will actively avoid theaters if more than a few people have reserved seats leading up to a showtime. Fandango is clutch in that regard.

First world probs..
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,015

Post#362 » by humanrefutation » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:45 pm

Bucksfan28 wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:Anyone gonna see Black Panther this weekend? I'm trying to put together some folks to go see it. The reviews have been pretty great.

Definitely gonna see it, but not this weekend. I'm not a fan of packed theaters.

I will actively avoid theaters if more than a few people have reserved seats leading up to a showtime. Fandango is clutch in that regard.

First world probs..

I don't mind crowds at theaters. Sometimes, it adds to the ambience of the film-viewing experience, like for a scary movie, a comedy, or a major action film.

Some of my friends avoid packed theaters because they're afraid those are more likely to be targets for a mass shooting. Are you all worried that it'll ruin the film, or are you more worried it places you more at risk of some sort of Aurora-like incident?
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,770

Post#363 » by ReginaldDwight » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:00 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
Bucksfan28 wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:Definitely gonna see it, but not this weekend. I'm not a fan of packed theaters.

First world probs..

I don't mind crowds at theaters. Sometimes, it adds to the ambience of the film-viewing experience, like for a scary movie, a comedy, or a major action film.

Some of my friends avoid packed theaters because they're afraid those are more likely to be targets for a mass shooting. Are you all worried that it'll ruin the film, or are you more worried it places you more at risk of some sort of Aurora-like incident?

I am never scared doing my daily life ****, cant live that way. I enjoy a crowded theatre if people arent being loud for being louds sake.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,838

Post#364 » by VooDoo7 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:02 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
Bucksfan28 wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:Definitely gonna see it, but not this weekend. I'm not a fan of packed theaters.

First world probs..

Oh, no. I don't like packed theaters because I've had way too many experiences with numerous people talking loudly during the movie. Or I get stuck sitting right next to someone who keeps whispering to the person next to them. Drives me nuts.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,726

Post#365 » by emunney » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:06 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
emunney wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
When season 2 ended I had to get the next book the show will be basing season three on. I can't wait to see it play out.

How good is Jared Harris?

He's awesome, but I think Amos is my favorite character.

He's gotten so much more textured in S2. Love his conversation in the bar with Miller that was basically, "I don't have anything against you, but you're dead to me."
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
glenn
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,151

Post#366 » by glenn » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:23 pm

RIP Lane Pryce

:reporter:
emunney
RealGM

Post#367 » by emunney » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:34 pm

glenn wrote:RIP Lane Pryce

"Consider that my last piece of advice."
Bucksfan28
General Manager

Post#368 » by Bucksfan28 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:50 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
Bucksfan28 wrote:

First world probs..

For me, it's because people aren't courteous. I never understood going to a movie and being flagrantly obnoxious but it happens. People talking loudly or digging into a bag of chips the whole time (when youre close to someone thats really distracting). So I avoid those situations. The final straw was, I think Kong, when I was still a little lenient on this stance, and I kid you not this woman talked on her phone for the first half hour. Closest I've ever gotten to confronting a stranger.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,331

Post#369 » by crkone » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:54 pm

Bucksfan28 wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:
Bucksfan28 wrote:

First world probs..

For me, it's because people aren't courteous. I never understood going to a movie and being flagrantly obnoxious but it happens. People talking loudly or digging into a bag of chips the whole time (when youre close to someone thats really distracting). So I avoid those situations. The final straw was, I think Kong, when I was still a little lenient on this stance, and I kid you not this woman talked on her phone for the first half hour. Closest I've ever gotten to confronting a stranger.

I went to see Disaster Artist at the Times in Tosa and some ladies thought that since there were like 6 others in the theater that it was okay to talk and have their own conversation during the trailers and the beginning of the movie. I gave them during the trailers and then ended their fun at the beginning of the movie. The fact that has to happen is ridiculous.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,015

Post#370 » by humanrefutation » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:58 pm

Bucksfan28 wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:
Bucksfan28 wrote:

First world probs..

I get that. I went to a theater production a couple months ago, and this woman sitting behind me was screaming and talking and otherwise being incredibly obnoxious. It got to the point where I literally turned around and gave her "the look" - one that I inherited from my parents and I've employed incredibly effectively in the past. She shut that **** down without me having to open my mouth. If that didn't work, impolite words would have been exchanged.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,398

Post#371 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:02 pm

It's better now with reserved seats and recliners but people are still obnoxious. If you want to act like you're in your living room then stay in your living room. If you need to explain everything to the person you're with or they have to explain it to you, stay home.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,620

Post#372 » by Matches Malone » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:07 pm

Looks like something supreme wrote.

Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,022

Post#373 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:09 pm

emunney wrote:Still liking Expanse more and more, halfway into S2. Like the sci-fi parallel to GoT in a lot of ways.

What episode in S2 are you on?
Bucksfan28
General Manager

Post#374 » by Bucksfan28 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:10 pm

I'm glad y'all are the same way. I don't feel like so much of a scrooge now.
Bucksfan28
General Manager

Post#375 » by Bucksfan28 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:13 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:It's better now with reserved seats and recliners but people are still obnoxious. If you want to act like you're in your living room then stay in your living room. If you need to explain everything to the person you're with or they have to explain it to you, stay home.

The Oriental is also one where you can kind of get away with talking due to the sheer size of the theater.
emunney
RealGM

Post#376 » by emunney » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:27 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
emunney wrote:Still liking Expanse more and more, halfway into S2. Like the sci-fi parallel to GoT in a lot of ways.

What episode in S2 are you on?

Watched 7 (The Seventh Man) last night.
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#377 » by HurricaneKid » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:29 pm

Anyone start McMafia? I think that's next on my list.
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,022

Post#378 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:37 pm

You guys gotta get on my level. The last time I was annoyed in a theater was when three teens behind me wouldn't shut the **** up as the movie was starting. So I turned around and literally told them to SHUT THE **** UP. Didn't hear another sound the rest of the film. It works.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,178

Post#379 » by Iheartfootball » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:31 pm

Crowds are why I go to the movies. I love the communal aspect of all laughing or gasping at the same time. But I get the annoyance that some can ruin it for the rest of us. I agree with RS. You can't avoid conflict. Tell them to be quiet. If that doesn't work, just shame them. That seems to be all the rage these days.

OR...that's why cannabis comes in handy in crowded spots. Keeps you mellow. At least it works for me.

(Also, I'm kidding about the shaming bit...sort of)
Bucksfan28
General Manager

Post#380 » by Bucksfan28 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:35 pm

Iheartfootball wrote:Crowds are why I go to the movies. I love the communal aspect of all laughing or gasping at the same time. But I get the annoyance that some can ruin it for the rest of us. I agree with RS. You can't avoid conflict. Tell them to be quiet. If that doesn't work, just shame them. That seems to be all the rage these days.

OR...that's why cannabis comes in handy in crowded spots. Keeps you mellow. At least it works for me.

(Also, I'm kidding about the shaming bit...sort of)

That's actually what makes it worse for me. If I go into a movie ripped, I'm much more cognizant of the extra noise. Any little thing throws off my focus.

Fortunately it's not hard to avoid a packed theater these days. And I always sit close so if there is a couple people I can keep the noise behind me.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks