ImageImage

2018 TV/Movie/Book Thread with Spoilers

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,874

Re: 2018 TV/Movie/Book Thread with Spoilers 

Post#901 » by Turk Nowitzki » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:35 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Sweet mother of christ the last ten minutes of last night's Legends of Tomorrow were so amazingly glorious. Like stand up and cheer wonderful. What an incredible, silly, fun show.

I'm convinced the CW execs just totally forgot to check on this show while it was filming. :lol:
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,002

Post#902 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:41 am

Turk Nowitzki wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Sweet mother of christ the last ten minutes of last night's Legends of Tomorrow were so amazingly glorious. Like stand up and cheer wonderful. What an incredible, silly, fun show.

I'm convinced the CW execs just totally forgot to check on this show while it was filming. :lol:

This io9 review was so perfect.

I have never visited a holy site, nor have I brought a child into this world. But for a brief moment, I knew what it was like to feel pure joy. It was watching the season three finale of Legends of Tomorrow.

It was one of those rare things where I was watching something so great that almost immediately after I was sad that relatively no one else was gonna experience this amazing thing.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#903 » by Bucksfan28 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:59 am

bizarro wrote:
Bucksfan28 wrote:**** crazy that S1 of The Wire is probably considered the third best.

It's fair though. Season 4, my clear top season, impacts me nearly every day.

It is fair, and that's my point. The season is still better than most good shows at their peak.

The back half especially when Omar gets more shine and Kima's ambush happens.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#904 » by bizarro » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:28 am

Bucksfan28 wrote:
bizarro wrote:
Bucksfan28 wrote:**** crazy that S1 of The Wire is probably considered the third best.

It is fair, and that's my point. The season is still better than most good shows at their peak.

Yeah, and they pick it right up there in season 2. It's just such an epically well done and socially relevant show. Like I said earlier in this thread. I just finished my 3rd run straight through. Gets better every time. The character acting is just so damn good. Love me some Bunk, man. That scene when he and Jimmy are looking over the Wee-Bey murder through the kitchen window...so classic.

Oh ffs, gotta show the clip: (NSFW, fwiw)

Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,741

Post#905 » by Licensed to Il » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:10 pm

HBO “Andre the Giant” doc was riveting. Most wrestlers join the industry to receive a persona and stand out. This guy, was given a “persona” by a faulty pituitary gland, and joined wrestling to fit in. Like, this guy was going to be seen as a menacing giant no matter what profession or town he adopted. Pro wrestling in the 70s was the circus/side show. A giant’s only option.

Seems like a guy who gave himself to the one thing that could take him around the world and utilize his odd gifts. And yet, that which made him famous also took his life early.

It also contained a story I have ever heard, sometimes when walking through an airport, the stares and laughing of others would make Andre cry. That is some “unexpected, how we are all human” type stuff.
Bucksfan28
General Manager

Post#906 » by Bucksfan28 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:16 pm

bizarro wrote:
Bucksfan28 wrote:
bizarro wrote:

Yeah, and they pick it right up there in season 2. It's just such an epically well done and socially relevant show. Like I said earlier in this thread. I just finished my 3rd run straight through. Gets better every time. The character acting is just so damn good. Love me some Bunk, man. That scene when he and Jimmy are looking over the Wee-Bey murder through the kitchen window...so classic.

Oh ffs, gotta show the clip: (NSFW, fwiw)

Tap..tap..tap...
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,274

Post#907 » by KidA24 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:14 pm

Bucksfan28 wrote:
bizarro wrote:

Hearing Dominic West speak in his normal British accent blew my mind the first time I heard it.

Now I'm gonna have to start my 4th watch-thru of the Wire thanks a lot, guys.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#908 » by jakecronus8 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:18 pm

A Quiet Place was quite good and had a Hitchcockian feel to it. Though if you're annoyed by the sounds of crunching popcorn, nachos, and people fumbling with their bags of skittles, do NOT see it in a theatre.
Do it for Chuck
Bucksfan28
General Manager

Post#909 » by Bucksfan28 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:27 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:A Quiet Place was quite good and had a Hitchcockian feel to it. Though if you're annoyed by the sounds of crunching popcorn, nachos, and people fumbling with their bags of skittles, do NOT see it in a theatre.

Whoa whoa. I was planning to go tonight and this is my worst nightmare.

For real?
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#910 » by jakecronus8 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:35 pm

Bucksfan28 wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:A Quiet Place was quite good and had a Hitchcockian feel to it. Though if you're annoyed by the sounds of crunching popcorn, nachos, and people fumbling with their bags of skittles, do NOT see it in a theatre.

For real?

The first half is almost complete silence.
Do it for Chuck
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,330

Post#911 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:49 pm

Villanoeyebrows wrote:HBO “Andre the Giant” doc was riveting. Most wrestlers join the industry to receive a persona and stand out. This guy, was given a “persona” by a faulty pituitary gland, and joined wrestling to fit in. Like, this guy was going to be seen as a menacing giant no matter what profession or town he adopted. Pro wrestling in the 70s was the circus/side show. A giant’s only option.

Seems like a guy who gave himself to the one thing that could take him around the world and utilize his odd gifts. And yet, that which made him famous also took his life early.

It also contained a story I have ever heard, sometimes when walking through an airport, the stares and laughing of others would make Andre cry. That is some “unexpected, how we are all human” type stuff.

Awesome, I plan to watch today
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,330

Post#912 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:49 pm

Yeah that's the problem with a "quiet" movie. I'll admit the theater I saw it in was pretty quiet throughout and it was a full house. I was surprised.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Bucksfan28
General Manager

Post#913 » by Bucksfan28 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:01 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:
Bucksfan28 wrote:

For real?

The first half is almost complete silence.

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,002

Post#914 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:20 pm

THE EXPANSE IS BACK
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,367

Post#915 » by M-C-G » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:39 pm

Come on guys, I can not be the only watching Cosmic Disclosure. Be a man (or woman) and admit you are fascinated by it too.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,712

Post#916 » by emunney » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:44 pm

M-C-G wrote:Come on guys, I can not be the only watching Cosmic Disclosure. Be a man (or woman) and admit you are fascinated by it too.

I looked it up after you posted about it the last time and I thought I was doing you a favor by not commenting.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,367

Post#917 » by M-C-G » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:47 pm

emunney wrote:
M-C-G wrote:Come on guys, I can not be the only watching Cosmic Disclosure. Be a man (or woman) and admit you are fascinated by it too.

I looked it up after you posted about it the last time and I thought I was doing you a favor by not commenting.

You are too kind sir. It is definitely the farthest out there thing I have ever seen. I love Ancient Alien type stuff but this is even way further out there.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,712

Post#918 » by emunney » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:54 pm

M-C-G wrote:
emunney wrote:

You are too kind sir. It is definitely the farthest out there thing I have ever seen. I love Ancient Alien type stuff but this is even way further out there.

Reminds me of the old John Titor stuff.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,139

Post#919 » by DingleJerry » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:06 pm

Anybody keeping up with Atlanta. Last week's Michael Jacksonian type episode was one of the weirdest things I've seen on TV. Show is still very creative, original and good, but that one was out there.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,874

Post#920 » by Turk Nowitzki » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:39 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:THE EXPANSE IS BACK

Finished the first season last night. I really liked it, though it took me a little bit to get into it. I like that it doesn't hold your hand as viewer very much(you have to be in the right mood to watch a show like that though). You have to pay attention to catch all the details and fully understand this world.

I'm excited to have the entire second season to binge watch now.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks