ImageImage

PG: Bucks Beat Hawks - Need More $wag

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,140

Re: PG: Bucks Beat Hawks - Need More $wag 

Post#161 » by DingleJerry » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:25 pm

I would hope Bledsoe get something in the same 15-18 mil range at most, impossible to know for sure. But seems like a press down on money right now since everyone is capped out. Of course the Bucks are prone to just paying out big deals because they can though, and in this case they'd have bird rights so they could go over. And of course he's getting older now whereas Schroder is young. But I'm talking about right now and next year when discussing their games.

For me, I want a PG who can attack and lead a PnR while being able to shoot. Bledsoe has the first part down, but of course our coaches won't let him run PnR. Second part, in the past he's been a 35ish percent 3pt shooter and he seems solid in his midrange pullups when in control. He hasn't shown the the 3 % here but he's not an MCW level shooter. My biggest complaint on him with us so far would be some rushed shot selections, tone down 2-3 poor shots each game and his %s go up.

I don't want us to go back to thinking a prime Delly type is what we want at PG. We need another person who can attack and create when Giannis is getting sunk on and triple teamed. IMO Bledsoe is probably the biggest reason our clutch performance is drastically improved since last year.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 9,960

Post#162 » by sidney lanier » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:26 pm

JEIS wrote:
I admire Thons effort. I wouldn't be mentally strong enough to get destroyed night in and night out and still bust your butt, while looking like a complete fool on Tv.

I'm nominating this for the backhanded compliment award of the week. Sponsored by FOR A FAT GIRL YOU DON'T SWEAT MUCH INC.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#163 » by Badgerlander » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:41 pm

Teagues 3yr/$57mil deal should be the baseline for Bledsoe
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Perishable517
Analyst
And1: 1,944

Post#164 » by Perishable517 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:42 pm

DingleJerry wrote:
Iheartfootball wrote:
Shaffty wrote:

stick to football

Maybe you could be helpful by explaining to a dopey fan why he wouldn't be a better fit than Bledsoe instead of a dick?

There's a lot of rumbling out there that Schroder is kind of a prick and difficult to deal with, teammates don't like him, battles with coaches, etc. For on court, if you think Bledsoe's biggest problem is that he's not quite a good enough shooter then Schroder does nothing for you as he's worse at shooting. he's just as short but very skinny so doesn't have that physical aspect that Bledsoe brings. Doesn't seem to have the athleticism of Bledsoe to my eye test anyway. Doesn't seem to be much of a defender whereas Bledsoe is physical on D and really sticks his nose in there in on ball defending.

I have become a Bledsoe fan. Dood is a fire hydrant. I like that him, and Brog are STRONG.

Anyone remember Vinnie Johnson? No, not really comparing as they were different players but that guy was a brick, as well.
" If you take away the alc l r g on Malcolm Brogdon is Mom Bod :("
- emunney

"I’d place the phone directly between my cheeks while I let one rip right in John Hammond’s ear."
- BroncoBuck
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,721

Post#165 » by emunney » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:45 pm

This is the third time in Thon's career he's strung together multiple double digit scoring games. Most recent was his personal record 3 game streak earlier this season (TOR-IND-TOR).

He's been white hot over his last six games, averaging 9.2 points on 62.2% shooting from the field in 20.2 minutes (16.3 points/36).
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,026

Post#166 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:57 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Yeah, I used to really like Schroder as a prospect but he's currently putting up the textbook definition of an "empty stats" year. That usage rate is gross. He's like an even less efficient Reggie Jackson.

I've never liked that guy. He's awful. Good call on being a worse Reggie Jackson.

Thankfully the Hawks rebuffed our trade offer and instead we obtained Bledsoe.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,026

Post#167 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:59 pm

Badgerlander wrote:Teagues 3yr/$57mil deal should be the baseline for Bledsoe

Might be wishful thinking but I think we get Bledsoe for 3/$50.

There are so many good PG's out there that the market likely isn't going to be there for a 29/30 year old guy with past knee problems.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,124

Post#168 » by JimmyTheKid » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:03 pm

Pretty ugly basketball for most of the night. Fun 3rd quarter and last few minutes. Nice games from Thon, Zeller, and Midds. Good team defense kept us in the game. That and the fact that the Hawks are absolute trash. Will be interesting to see what happens with the center rotation when Henson is back. Guess you just have to go with the hot hand. One thing is for certain: Zeller > Hawes
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,124

Post#169 » by JimmyTheKid » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:06 pm

humanrefutation wrote:Legit criticism of Thon aside, he hustles out there. The fact that he ran down the court to give Bledsoe an outlet on that dunk was pretty sweet.

Yeah he always makes a handful of nice hustle plays. The problem is he jumps like an overweight Wisconsinite with a big wheel of cheese in each hand. I swear his vertical has regressed significantly.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,625

Post#170 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:09 pm

Yeah, offer Bledsoe 3-50 or 3-54. I'd tack on a player option for the last year. Gives him plenty of security and also the freedom to opt out while he still has leverage for one last big contract. The concerning thing though is that you're dealing with Rich Paul. So who knows what crazy and unrealistic contract demands he's going to put in Bledsoe's head...
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,140

Post#171 » by DingleJerry » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:13 pm

If LBJ does the predictable move of going to Houston with CP3 it eliminates the discussed LBJ and Bledsoe teaming up due to Rich Paul. All good teams have a PG and almost all teams are capped. His best bet would be in MKE with a new coach who uses ball screens and with Giannis. Hopefully we use the leverage of the landscape of the NBA to keep his price down instead of just handing out a ridiculous deal.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,265

Post#172 » by John Murdoch » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:09 pm

ZeppelinPage wrote:
Read on Twitter

waiting for the "hit me" close up from prunty
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,824

Post#173 » by worthlessBucks » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:39 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Yeah, I used to really like Schroder as a prospect but he's currently putting up the textbook definition of an "empty stats" year. That usage rate is gross. He's like an even less efficient Reggie Jackson.

I've never liked that guy. He's awful. Good call on being a worse Reggie Jackson.

Thankfully the Hawks rebuffed our trade offer and instead we obtained Bledsoe.

He was appealing due to his youth and his cheapness previously. Dennis did his best to throw the Hawks chances away last night with the missed layup off the inbounds and his own sloppy turnovers. Not as sexy as once was.
Go Bucks!
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,120

Post#174 » by Shaffty » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:07 pm

Iheartfootball wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:
Iheartfootball wrote:

I guess I'm looking for what type of PG does this team need?

Brogdon if he was a half step quicker and had a prettier release on his 3
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Post#175 » by Pachinko_ » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:08 am

Thon is still way behind his last year's per 36 numbers. Dude has regressed, it's clear. Which makes no sense since everyone swears he does everything right day to day.

Weird things happen to guys who suddenly come into a lot of money, maybe someone should check on his lifestyle outside the court.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks