Post#581 » by VooDoo7 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:00 am

F off, country haters!

jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,325

Re: RE: Re: Wisconsin Entertainment and Sports Center (NEW ARENA) Thread 

Post#582 » by jute2003 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:12 am

VooDoo7 wrote:F off, country haters!

I've always liked his voice quite a bit. There are plenty of no talent hacks in the country world but Young isn't one of them.
only a fan, only an opinion
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,695

Re: Wisconsin Entertainment and Sports Center (NEW ARENA) Thread 

Post#583 » by Pachinko_ » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:20 am

At least you get to dress like a cowboy and look like John Wayne
In Greece if you're into folk music the proper attire is this :D
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,838

Re: RE: Re: Wisconsin Entertainment and Sports Center (NEW ARENA) Thread 

Post#584 » by VooDoo7 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:29 am

jute2003 wrote:

I've always liked his voice quite a bit. There are plenty of no talent hacks in the country world but Young isn't one of them.

Yeah, he's definitely no Luke Bryan.
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#585 » by Ill-yasova » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:48 am

Come on! With guys like Sturgill Simpson and Jason Isbell out there Chris Young is the guy to choose for trial by combat? Sounds like another Country by Numbers guy.

jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,325

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Wisconsin Entertainment and Sports Center (NEW ARENA) Thread 

Post#586 » by jute2003 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:50 am

VooDoo7 wrote:
jute2003 wrote:

Yeah, he's definitely no Luke Bryan.
I was thinking Sam Hunt but that works
only a fan, only an opinion
VooDoo7
RealGM

Post#587 » by VooDoo7 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:51 am

Ill-yasova wrote:

Come on! With guys like Sturgill Simpson and Jason Isbell out there Chris Young is the guy to choose for trial by combat? Sounds like another Country by Numbers guy.

But how many seats are Sturgill Simpson and Jason Isbell selling at the new arena? Maybe 3,000?
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#588 » by Ill-yasova » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:08 am

VooDoo7 wrote:
Ill-yasova wrote:

But how many seats are Sturgill Simpson and Jason Isbell selling at the new arena? Maybe 3,000?

He’ll definitely sell more tickets for whatever that’s worth.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#589 » by El Duderino » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:10 am

Ill-yasova wrote:

I'm with you. I've never heard of Chris Young before and after sampling those two songs VooDoo posted, hopefully i never hear him again. That was straight up awful and Country 101. Got drunk on to much whiskey, hungover, and now missing his previous love. That narrative is the basis for roughly a fourth of all country songs every made by male performers.

I'm not much of a country music fan, but there some songs and performers i like, with Jason Isbell being one of them. That dude has a fabulous voice.
VooDoo7
RealGM

Post#590 » by VooDoo7 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:16 am

BTW, by no means is Chris Young even close to my favorite. I like older country MUCH more than today's country. But there is good stuff out there if you dig a bit. Just like any genre of music.

I think most of today's music (all genres) pale in comparison to years past.
tyland
Veteran
And1: 422

Post#591 » by tyland » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:20 am

El Duderino wrote:
Ill-yasova wrote:

I'm with you. I've never heard of Chris Young before and after sampling those two songs VooDoo posted, hopefully i never hear him again. That was straight up awful and Country 101. Got drunk on to much whiskey, hungover, and now missing his previous love. That narrative is the basis for roughly a fourth of all country songs every made by male performers.

I'm not much of a country music fan, but there some songs and performers i like, with Jason Isbell being one of them. That dude has a fabulous voice.

Isbell is amazing. His last 3 albums have been incredible. Also loving me some Margo Price at the moment. Her most recent album, All American Made, is top notch.
SAVE OUR BUCKS
Twitter: @thetytimes
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#592 » by crkone » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:29 pm

tyland wrote:
El Duderino wrote:
Ill-yasova wrote:

Isbell is amazing. His last 3 albums have been incredible. Also loving me some Margo Price at the moment. Her most recent album, All American Made, is top notch.

They chose the wrong Chris who plays country music.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
CountMe3Outs
Sophomore
And1: 219

Post#593 » by CountMe3Outs » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:46 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:BTW, by no means is Chris Young even close to my favorite. I like older country MUCH more than today's country. But there is good stuff out there if you dig a bit. Just like any genre of music.

I think most of today's music (all genres) pale in comparison to years past.

Got that right...
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,330

Post#594 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:16 pm

Workers have begun erecting large towers that are part of the "beer garden connector" to link North Old World 3rd Street with the new Milwaukee Bucks arena.

The towers will support a canopy protecting the walkway and gathering areas in the space that the Bucks control between The Loaded Slate and Ugly's bar, 1125 N. Old World 3rd St.

Plans for the beer garden include informal seating and gathering areas, a long gas fireplace and a large screen TV. About 75% of the beer garden will be under the canopy.

The beer garden extends between two buildings currently under construction in the entertainment block, which includes the nearly completed plaza outside the front entrance to the arena. The Bucks are gradually revealing plans for the area, including a large BUCKS sign just outside the team's new pro shop.

The team also announced last month that Good City Brewing will open a downtown taproom in the building under construction along West Juneau Avenue.

Good City is the first — and only — tenant that the Bucks have announced for the entertainment block. A second tenant is being sought for the other half of the building.

Two additional tenants are expected for a building that will be erected alongside the beer garden, just south of The Loaded Slate.

The Bucks plan an "eatertainment" business that combines food, drink and fun — one of the biggest trends in the hospitality industry — for the large second building under construction on the site.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
0BobLobLaw0
Starter
And1: 2,018

Post#595 » by 0BobLobLaw0 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:45 pm

Fox 6 is doing a live walk through of the stadium now. Looks incredible.

One of the 1st questions asked was about naming rights.

Feigen said they don't have any deal right now, but the expectation is to have one by the time it opens.

Looks like this will be opening without a name..
Why should you go to jail for a crime someone else noticed? You don't need double talk... You need Bob Loblaw.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,556

Post#596 » by Matches Malone » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:47 pm

I think they'll still get a name before the season, but I'm not expecting it anytime before Middle/Late September.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
MadBlueEdwards
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#597 » by MadBlueEdwards » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:40 pm

Adam McGee caught this so I can't take credit - It looks like we have new banners for retired numbers (at least). It's a small detail, but I'm happy to see this. The old ones were super ugly.

Read on Twitter
sdn40
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,418

Post#598 » by sdn40 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:06 pm

I'll have to catch up with the new info later.

My wife just left me and my dog and I are out in the F250 cruising chicks. Tractor pull later tonight too, so things are looking up.
Damn hot out today. Sweat soaking right through my Jack Daniels tank top.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,902

Post#599 » by buckboy » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:51 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
Workers have begun erecting large towers that are part of the "beer garden connector" to link North Old World 3rd Street with the new Milwaukee Bucks arena.

The towers will support a canopy protecting the walkway and gathering areas in the space that the Bucks control between The Loaded Slate and Ugly's bar, 1125 N. Old World 3rd St.

Plans for the beer garden include informal seating and gathering areas, a long gas fireplace and a large screen TV. About 75% of the beer garden will be under the canopy.

The beer garden extends between two buildings currently under construction in the entertainment block, which includes the nearly completed plaza outside the front entrance to the arena. The Bucks are gradually revealing plans for the area, including a large BUCKS sign just outside the team's new pro shop.

The team also announced last month that Good City Brewing will open a downtown taproom in the building under construction along West Juneau Avenue.

Good City is the first — and only — tenant that the Bucks have announced for the entertainment block. A second tenant is being sought for the other half of the building.

Two additional tenants are expected for a building that will be erected alongside the beer garden, just south of The Loaded Slate.

The Bucks plan an "eatertainment" business that combines food, drink and fun — one of the biggest trends in the hospitality industry — for the large second building under construction on the site.

You wanna weigh on on the country music debate?

O wait. You and Bob Newhart already did. :lol:
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
CountMe3Outs
Sophomore
And1: 219

Post#600 » by CountMe3Outs » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:39 am

sdn40 wrote:I'll have to catch up with the new info later.

My wife just left me and my dog and I are out in the F250 cruising chicks. Tractor pull later tonight too, so things are looking up.
Damn hot out today. Sweat soaking right through my Jack Daniels tank top.

Good suggestion to release the tension:

Return to Milwaukee Bucks