FISERV FORUM THREAD - Open House/Block Party 8/26

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,371

Re: FISERV FORUM THREAD - Open House/Block Party 8/26 

Post#1841 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:08 am

I saw that "we are training" them thing. Not sure if it was just for the entry or not. No one looked at mine when I scanned in.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#1842 » by trwi7 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:11 am

Here's what it says.

Fiserv Forum staff are trained to identify screenshots, which are not permitted for access to any location.

Pretty ridiculous. If they're going with all digital tickets I don't think it's unreasonable to expect quality wifi throughout the building so you're not waiting to connect to the wifi and if the wifi is that big of a problem they should just go to paper tickets, which I prefer anyways because if someone asks to see my ticket I can easily just pull it out of my pocket and show them not have to get on my phone, open the app, scroll to my tickets all while hoping the wifi either works or doesn't crash while I'm getting to my ticket.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#1843 » by trwi7 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:12 am

MickeyDavis wrote:I saw that "we are training" them thing. Not sure if it was just for the entry or not. No one looked at mine when I scanned in.

I've only been at the open house but I used a screenshot to enter just because it's so much easier and I don't need wifi to get to my pictures.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#1844 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:54 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I didn't see the beer button within the app last Friday. Did anyone? Where is it and how long did it take to get the beer? What are the choices?

I could not find the beer button in the app either.

I did notice that "Beer Guys" that walk up and down the aisle and stand in the concourse are gone.

That is a convenience I'll miss. Maybe the app will replace the beer in the seats, but the guys on the concourse were my 'go to' since they never had lines and it was super easy to just grab a beer and keep on moving.
talbert
Junior
And1: 204

Post#1845 » by talbert » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:23 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:1. Needs more stats. With all the screens let's get some advanced stats or at least show 3 point attempts along with 'threes'

Yes! It's crazy that they still have the same advanced stats boards circulating the states in the corner just like the Bradley Center. Beyond that, my seats are in 208, dead center of the arena. I don't have a clear view of any of those corner stat board because Marquette has so many freaking banners ridiculously spaced out. This is first and foremost a sports arena and overall it seems like they are trying to turn the place into a fancy preforming arts center. I'm overall very unimpressed with many of the obvious details of the arena.
BradMKE
Senior
And1: 553

Post#1847 » by BradMKE » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:04 pm

trwi7 wrote:Here's what it says.

Fiserv Forum staff are trained to identify screenshots, which are not permitted for access to any location.

Pretty ridiculous. If they're going with all digital tickets I don't think it's unreasonable to expect quality wifi throughout the building so you're not waiting to connect to the wifi and if the wifi is that big of a problem they should just go to paper tickets, which I prefer anyways because if someone asks to see my ticket I can easily just pull it out of my pocket and show them not have to get on my phone, open the app, scroll to my tickets all while hoping the wifi either works or doesn't crash while I'm getting to my ticket.

They actually suggest you save the ticket to your phone's wallet (Apple Wallet, Google Pay, etc). You can do that right from the Bucks app when you're viewing the ticket. Those wallet apps don't require an internet connection to access your ticket because it is saved on the phone, not online.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,024

Post#1848 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:13 pm

I'm thirty and find that annoying. I can't imagine a 60 year old paying 300 a seat being happy about it. They probably get recognized / less likely to be identified as someone sneaking to lower bowl.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using RealGM mobile app
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,059

Post#1849 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:43 pm

HKPackFan wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Since we all are bitching about are shiny new toy since our team is too good to find something to complain about.....

1. Needs more stats. With all the screens let's get some advanced stats or at least show 3 point attempts along with 'threes'
2. Stadium is too asymmetrical. If you are on the far side, there aren't many meeting spots and by the time you get to pano or the main food area you have to walk back to catch the half
3. Mobile tickets in the lower bowl. Snagged some 111 tickets which are nice but not great seats in a section behind the basket. Running back after the half and trying to get to my seat quickly I had to pull up the app twice (once on top of the section and again in the lower section). Kind of annoyning with the bad WiFi and blocking people's views. Let me have a paper ticket so I don't have to constantly pull up my ticket.
4. Seems quieter. The concrete block of the bc really trapped the noise. When you are in the upper deck the noise seems to escape in the new arena.
5. I know they have the beer button thingy but surprised they don't push full mobile orders. Would trip the sales at half if people can order their foot three min before half from their seats.

Can you screenshot your ticket and show that every time instead of pulling up the app every time you go back to your seat?

Never thought of having to pull up ticket on phone for ushers. That would be really annoying if have hands full with drink, food, merch, etc....
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,024

Post#1850 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:48 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Since we all are bitching about are shiny new toy since our team is too good to find something to complain about.....

1. Needs more stats. With all the screens let's get some advanced stats or at least show 3 point attempts along with 'threes'
2. Stadium is too asymmetrical. If you are on the far side, there aren't many meeting spots and by the time you get to pano or the main food area you have to walk back to catch the half
3. Mobile tickets in the lower bowl. Snagged some 111 tickets which are nice but not great seats in a section behind the basket. Running back after the half and trying to get to my seat quickly I had to pull up the app twice (once on top of the section and again in the lower section). Kind of annoyning with the bad WiFi and blocking people's views. Let me have a paper ticket so I don't have to constantly pull up my ticket.
4. Seems quieter. The concrete block of the bc really trapped the noise. When you are in the upper deck the noise seems to escape in the new arena.
5. I know they have the beer button thingy but surprised they don't push full mobile orders. Would trip the sales at half if people can order their foot three min before half from their seats.

Can you screenshot your ticket and show that every time instead of pulling up the app every time you go back to your seat?

Never thought of having to pull up ticket on phone for ushers. That would be really annoying if have hands full with drink, food, merch, etc....

One would make the argument that they did the same thing in prior year with electronic tickets, but now they took away the option of printing the ticket. It was nice printing it off at work before the game both tickets and you can just hand them to your guest instead sending them a ticket master ticket claim request for them to download the tickets after downloading the app and then after having the app downloading to apple wallet in case the app doesnt work. All instead of showing a ticket.
MoreTrife
Head Coach
And1: 2,375

Post#1851 » by MoreTrife » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:37 pm

Surprised to hear there are problems with WIFI. Peter Feigin, in one of his many interviews, touted how amazing the wifi would be with a billion routers up and down the aisles in the handrails and a large capacity. Maybe they got the bill for how much it would be to run them and scaled the bandwidth back...
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#1852 » by El Duderino » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:44 am

I've yet to attend a game yet in the new arena, but watching on TV at least, it's seemed pretty lifeless and quiet so far in the building.

Here tonight the Bucks were facing a good team and even during a 49 point second quarter, outside of a few pockets of noise, the arena didn't seem to have much buzz in it the whole game. Sounded that way vs Indiana also.

Am i just missing via the TV what it's really like vs what's really happening in the arena, or has it been pretty quiet during both games?
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,273

Post#1853 » by HKPackFan » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:19 am

Feigin says All star game coming to Milwaukee 2022 or 2023.

https://www.tmj4.com/sports/basketball/milwaukee-bucks/bucks-president-nba-all-star-game-coming-to-milwaukee-in-2022-or-2023

The commissioner of the NBA has doubled down on his commitment to bring an All-Star Game to Fiserv Forum.

Commissioner Adam Silver said Tuesday it’s no longer a matter of if, just when.

“We just got to pull out calendars and figure out what year makes the most sense,” Silver said.

The next few NBA All-Star Games are already spoken for. Next year it’s in Charlotte, North Carolina, Chicago will host in 2020, then Indianapolis in 2021.

Bucks President Peter Feigin said they have submitted bids for the 2022 and 2023 All-Star Games. He told TODAY’S TMJ4 he’s confident in landing one of those two years.

“Without a question,” Feigin said. “I think Adam wouldn’t have said it unless he really believed it and I think we’ve been working toward it.”

The last time Milwaukee had an NBA All-Star Game was more than 40 years ago. Of course, Miller Park hosted an MLB All-Star Game in 2002, a year after it opened.

“I think the economic infusion is much like that of a Super Bowl, it is a big deal,” Feigin said.

Feigin said the arena also has its eyes on a variety of other events and conventions. Aside from the Democratic National Convention 2020 bid, he said they’re after NCAA Tournaments and other national events.

That's awesome. I'd fly in for that.
#FreeChuckDiesel
BradMKE
Senior
And1: 553

Post#1854 » by BradMKE » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:23 am

MoreTrife wrote:Surprised to hear there are problems with WIFI. Peter Feigin, in one of his many interviews, touted how amazing the wifi would be with a billion routers up and down the aisles in the handrails and a large capacity. Maybe they got the bill for how much it would be to run them and scaled the bandwidth back...

The WiFi has been good in my location for every game so far. There is an antenna/extender/router in a handrail about 10 feet from where my season tickets are though and I’m in the upper level so less people than the lower level but still, it’s been great. I’ve seen speeds around 10-15mbps typically.
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,448

Post#1855 » by steger_3434 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:37 am

BradMKE wrote:
MoreTrife wrote:Surprised to hear there are problems with WIFI. Peter Feigin, in one of his many interviews, touted how amazing the wifi would be with a billion routers up and down the aisles in the handrails and a large capacity. Maybe they got the bill for how much it would be to run them and scaled the bandwidth back...

The WiFi has been good in my location for every game so far. There is an antenna/extender/router in a handrail about 10 feet from where my season tickets are though and I’m in the upper level so less people than the lower level but still, it’s been great. I’ve seen speeds around 10-15mbps typically.

I was two rows behind the basket for the home opener and couldn’t get any WiFi. That’s something they need to look into. The rest of the arena is awesome though

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
0BobLobLaw0
Starter
And1: 2,018

Post#1856 » by 0BobLobLaw0 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:53 am

Have the halftime shows been better than the worst halftime ever of opening night?
Why should you go to jail for a crime someone else noticed? You don't need double talk... You need Bob Loblaw.
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,448

Post#1857 » by steger_3434 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:54 am

0BobLobLaw0 wrote:Have the halftime shows been better than the worst halftime ever of opening night?

What was opening nights show? I was getting food so missed the entire thing

yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,661

Post#1858 » by BroncoBuck » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:07 pm

steger_3434 wrote:
0BobLobLaw0 wrote:Have the halftime shows been better than the worst halftime ever of opening night?

What was opening nights show? I was getting food so missed the entire thing

Online Trivia.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,371

Post#1859 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:59 pm

That trivia was dumb. Especially for opening night "entertainment". That's something you do during timeouts.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
gyp
Sophomore
And1: 46

Post#1860 » by gyp » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:12 pm

Last night’s halftime show was a couple called Duo Transcend. They wore roller skates on a small platform and the man swung the woman around in circles.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks