ImageImage

FISERV FORUM THREAD - Open House/Block Party 8/26

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Re: Wisconsin Entertainment and Sports Center (NEW ARENA) Thread 

Post#81 » by EastSideBucksFan » Fri Apr 6, 2018 3:12 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I haven't heard anything about it. I'm sure they'll do nothing or botch it. They had a game at the old arena (great idea) and then have none of the players or coaches from that era at the game. Redd was there and he never played there. WTF? Halftime was some stupid painters instead of honoring the great basketball that was played there.

That was completely embarrassing.

It should have been a no brainer to have Marques Johnson and Sidney Moncrief on hand. Not to mention other guys who have been regularly doing appearances like Bobby Dandridge, Kareem and Oscar.

Then the fugging painters. Those have to be tied to the owners somehow.

I can't understand how anyone would believe that would have been a good idea.

Playing era appropriate music would've been an easy thing to do as well.

I have not heard anything about the Bradley Center final regular season game other than the typical Milwaukee Monday.

Thought it would've been pretty easy to get a decent band for a post game show or something.

Ray Allen is doing a book tour right now. If he did a book signing in the afternoon, thousands would be lining up outside to get one.

So many levels of disappointment going on with this franchise right now.
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,230

Post#82 » by thomchatt3rton » Fri Apr 6, 2018 3:16 pm

trwi7 wrote:Getting blown out by a **** team would be the most special way for the Bucks to celebrate the final regular season game at the BC.

Nah. The most "Bucks" way (and most "BC" way) to close out the BC would be to play a meaningless game against a meaningless opponent where neither team has anything to play for; i.e, the majority of games at the BC...

But no such luck-- we play semi-meaningful basketball these days!
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,498

Post#83 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Apr 6, 2018 3:25 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:I haven't heard anything about it. I'm sure they'll do nothing or botch it. They had a game at the old arena (great idea) and then have none of the players or coaches from that era at the game. Redd was there and he never played there. WTF? Halftime was some stupid painters instead of honoring the great basketball that was played there.

It should have been a no brainer to have Marques Johnson and Sidney Moncrief on hand. Not to mention other guys who have been regularly doing appearances like Bobby Dandridge, Kareem and Oscar.

I have not heard anything about the Bradley Center final regular season game other than the typical Milwaukee Monday.

Thought it would've been pretty easy to get a decent band for a post game show or something.

Ray Allen is doing a book tour right now. If he did a book signing in the afternoon, thousands would be lining up outside to get one.

Exactly. Kareem has been to the BC a few times this season, promoting his book he would have been a natural to be at that game. Oscar. Marques. Sidney. Cummings. Mokeski. Pierce. Sikma. Pressey. Mickey Davis obviously. I bet they could have coaxed Nellie in from Hawaii now that Kohl is gone. Just completely inept handling of that game.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Post#84 » by Thunder Muscle » Sat Apr 7, 2018 3:41 am

MickeyDavis wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:

Exactly. Kareem has been to the BC a few times this season, promoting his book he would have been a natural to be at that game. Oscar. Marques. Sidney. Cummings. Mokeski. Pierce. Sikma. Pressey. Mickey Davis obviously. I bet they could have coaxed Nellie in from Hawaii now that Kohl is gone. Just completely inept handling of that game.

Agreed. I was excited to take my dad, we had a good time, but we both immediately after the game said that we were surprised they didn't run out old players that played in the arena.

As for the BC, I know there have been lean years and it's a bland concrete structure but its still been the home arena for almost 30 seasons. County Stadium had a pretty cool closing evening and was celebrated throughout the year. It have found it odd there has been like nothing for the BC. Even if it's running out guys from the Harris, Karl eras.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#85 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Apr 7, 2018 4:07 am

The Brewers had Warren Spahn (threw out the first pitch), Hank Aaron and Robin Yount at the last game at County Stadium. That's how you do it.

Granted the last game at the BC won't actually be Monday night, it will most likely be playoff game 4 but hopefully the Bucks do SOMETHING Monday night.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#86 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Apr 7, 2018 4:13 am

The final game at County Stadium took place on September 28, 2000 in front of a capacity crowd of 56,354. The Brewers closed out their tenure at Milwaukee County Stadium with an 8-1 loss to the Cincinnati Reds, a ceremony aired in full on both WTMJ Radio and Midwest Sports Channel. Sean Casey of the Reds scored the last run at County Stadium with a single by Juan Castro, and the final hit was a single by the Reds' Michael Tucker. In a closing ceremony led by legendary announcer Bob Uecker, greats from the Milwaukee Braves, Milwaukee Brewers, and Green Bay Packers were introduced. Familiar faces such as Warren Spahn, Hank Aaron, Frank Torre, and Bob Buhl represented the Braves. Willie Wood and Fuzzy Thurston were some of the notable Packers. Brewers greats that came back to salute the fans and the stadium included Paul Molitor, Jim Gantner, Rollie Fingers and the widow of 1982 manager Harvey Kuenn. When Uecker announced what would be the final player introduction in the stadium, he began, "his name is synonymous with the Brewers..." Robin Yount then appeared from the left field fence on another Milwaukee legend, a Harley Davidson motorcycle. This was in honor of Yount's famous entrance during the County Stadium celebration for the Brewers following the 1982 World Series, when Yount rode his Honda XR500 dirt bike (a bike which was not street-legal, but had been nonetheless used by Yount for the entire season) around the warning track, much to the delight of the fans. Following the introductions, Uecker read a short requiem for the old park as the lights were turned off, standard by standard. He closed with a version of this trademark broadcast sign-off "...so-long old friend, and goodnight.
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,115

Post#87 » by MissKhriddleton » Sat Apr 7, 2018 4:40 am

A Deandre Liggins tribute video should suffice.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,075

Post#88 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Apr 7, 2018 4:56 am

LED need to save their cash for the demolition of the BC which happens right after the season ends and the clear out the equipment. They can't be blowing it on former player appearances. 8-)
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,230

Post#89 » by thomchatt3rton » Sat Apr 7, 2018 5:14 am

MissKhriddleton wrote:A Deandre Liggins tribute video should suffice.

Well, the important thing is that Bango dies chained inside when the building is demolitioned and his charred bones remain there until the end of time.

Whatever video is fine with me.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#90 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Apr 9, 2018 5:33 pm

All that's left at the BC is the Bon Jovi concert April 29 (or April 30 if the Bucks somehow advance to round 2 and have a home game on the 29th) and the NML convention in July. They'll start tearing down the BC when the Bucks start up at the new place in October, it will take about a year.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,075

Post#91 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Apr 9, 2018 5:39 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:All that's left at the BC is the Bon Jovi concert April 29 (or April 30 if the Bucks somehow advance to round 2 and have a home game on the 29th) and the NML convention in July. They'll start tearing down the BC when the Bucks start up at the new place in October, it will take about a year.

Did you see that timing somewhere or are you inferring it? I thought they wanted to start the demolition even before the NML thing.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
averageposter
Sixth Man
And1: 723

Post#92 » by averageposter » Mon Apr 9, 2018 6:48 pm

Below is the gameday e-mail Hype line for season ticketholders. In its entirety, feel the excitement folks.

It's Fan Appreciation Night as the Bucks host the Orlando Magic for what will be the last ever regular season game at the BMO Harris Bradley Center.
Perishable517
Analyst
And1: 1,944

Post#93 » by Perishable517 » Mon Apr 9, 2018 7:04 pm

BM, Oh Harris Braaaad leeeeee!
" If you take away the alc l r g on Malcolm Brogdon is Mom Bod :("
- emunney

"I’d place the phone directly between my cheeks while I let one rip right in John Hammond’s ear."
- BroncoBuck
lessthannick11
Sophomore
And1: 89

Post#94 » by lessthannick11 » Mon Apr 9, 2018 7:16 pm

Marquette did $2 beers, $2 hot dogs, and 2$ nachos for their last game. They also ran tribute videos at all timeouts showing past Bradley Center moments. It wouldn't have been hard for the Bucks to do the same
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#95 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Apr 9, 2018 7:23 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:All that's left at the BC is the Bon Jovi concert April 29 (or April 30 if the Bucks somehow advance to round 2 and have a home game on the 29th) and the NML convention in July. They'll start tearing down the BC when the Bucks start up at the new place in October, it will take about a year.

Did you see that timing somewhere or are you inferring it? I thought they wanted to start the demolition even before the NML thing.

That's what I had thought too. From the JS

After the show and games, the focus will shift to preparing for the shutdown of the building and selling off memorabilia.
No additional public events are scheduled. The final event will be the annual Northwestern Mutual agents convention July 20-24.

Demolition of the Bradley Center is expected to get underway once the Bucks take occupancy of the new arena. The process is expected to take about a year.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#96 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Apr 9, 2018 7:29 pm

The Bradley Center was packed to capacity Oct. 1, 1988, as fans piled in to witness the debut of the beautiful new structure in downtown Milwaukee. They also came to see an NHL superstar — and to that end, they'd be disappointed.

Mark Kopplin and members of his Greenfield-based family were there to take it in, and as the biggest "hockey guy" in the group, he was a shade bummed out.

The Edmonton Oilers and Chicago Blackhawks played an exhibition NHL contest to begin the Bradley Center era 30 years ago. When Kopplin and his family return to the scene Monday night, sitting in the same seats they occupied for that first hockey game, the Bradley Center will conclude its run of regular-season sporting events.

"A lot people were simply there because it was the Grand Opening, but when they booked the game, (Wayne) Gretzky was still there with Edmonton," said Kopplin, 55. "He got traded right before the Bradley Center opened. I'm sure they were thinking, 'We lost our main draw!'"

The venue, famously opened with hockey in mind, would host Gretzky a couple years later in an exhibition game featuring the Los Angeles Kings, to which he was traded from Edmonton in August 1988 — perhaps the most notable trade in NHL history.

A photo in the Milwaukee Journal captured the family sitting together in the very back of the building, Section 438, Row X. Joining Kopplin were brothers-in-law Rich Cieslak and Jim Voss, as well as father-in-law, the late John Cieslak.

Kopplin has been back many times since, and he'll get one last view from those nosebleed seats Monday night when the Bucks host the Orlando Magic in the regular-season finale. The BMO Harris Bradley Center's final contest will take place during the playoffs, whenever the Bucks' ride ends.

"At that time, being that high up, it felt like one step away from heaven," said Kopplin, who bought his tickets to the final Bucks game a couple months ago, acting on a suggestion from nephew Steve Cieslak to re-create the photo from 1988. "It's a long way up when you're used to the MECCA at the time."

He remembers that Shirley Jones, whose fame stemmed from her time as the matriarch on "The Partridge Family," sang the national anthem at the hockey game. A photographer from "Chicagoland" magazine also took their picture, an image they still have today.

Kopplin was optimistic at the time that the NHL really would come to Milwaukee.

"We thought for sure that Milwaukee was destined to be an NHL city," he said. "It was just a matter of time. They had the building, and the NHL played a couple more exhibition games after that."

Kopplin counts among his best memories at The Bradley Center to be the "Miracle In Milwaukee," when Georgia Tech's James Forrest beat the buzzer with less than a second left to stun USC in the 1992 NCAA Tournament. He was also on hand to see Wisconsin's riveting win over Oregon en route to the Final Four in the 2014 NCAA tourney.

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,396

Post#97 » by trwi7 » Mon Apr 9, 2018 7:31 pm

The zinc is still pug fugly.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#98 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:29 pm

The Milwaukee Bucks announced on Tuesday, April 10 a new food partnership — with Klement’s Sausage Company. Klement’s will be the Official and Exclusive Brat, Hot Dog and Sausage of the Milwaukee Bucks and the New Arena.

“We’re thrilled that Klement’s, a Milwaukee favorite, will be an integral part of the delicious food experience at our new world-class venue,” said Bucks President Peter Feigin.

Klement’s products will be served throughout the WESC at each of the main concession stands and at two portable locations in the venue. Klement’s will work directly with the WESC’s Senior Executive Chef Kenneth Hardiman, and food and beverage provider Levy, to create craft sausages and products that will be available to fans only inside the new arena.

As the Official and Exclusive Brat, Hot Dog and Sausage of the Milwaukee Bucks and the New Arena Klement’s will also be the title sponsor of the popular Milwaukee Mondays, which celebrate local musicians, artists and all things Milwaukee at Bucks home games on Mondays throughout the season. In addition, the Bucks and Klement’s will have interactive fan activations during Bucks home games at the WESC as part of the partnership.

"Craft sausages".
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,396

Post#99 » by trwi7 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:13 pm

Or I could just grill my own sausages that taste better and don't cost $10.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
glenn
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,151

Post#100 » by glenn » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:20 pm

Need to pick up some artisan sausages ASAP
:reporter:

Return to Milwaukee Bucks