ImageImage

Jabari Thread (Rumors and Smoke everywhere, pg 90)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,990

Re: Jabari Thread 

Post#1661 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:15 pm

JEIS wrote:
jschligs wrote:
JEIS wrote:
He was moody and sulky for other reasons too likely. Like his boss (coach kidd) treating him like a pos... not playing... the feeling that the team/organizations doesn't want you, Have you ever worked in a negative work environment? To act like these young adults 20 to 25 years old are going to say and do all the right things all the time is nieve. They are real people too.
I mean come on. You have other people on your team getting paid substantially more that what you are making, others sucking horribly, and you are not out on the court and they are? That would eat at most people in his position.

Henson was a bum a$$ up til last year,Thon was horrific, Gary Payton 2 got run, Kilpatrick, Snell, Delly. I get you have to play a center, but still seeing others less deserving of playing time... Midds even was half a$$ing it much of the season.

He handles criticism and his temper better than Giannis He isn't telling coaches he will f#%@ them up or spearing people.

Pretty sure it's normal to have a lot of guys being paid more than you when YOU'RE STILL ON YOUR ROOKIE CONTRACT...

And? At your job, if you are doing more work than the next guy, he is making twice as much as you, sucking more than you, not working as hard as you, getting more opportunities and you are being chewd out by your boss
, and low balled on a contract offer you would be fine with that?

I am guessing not so much.

It's all relative though. If my salary last year was $6.7 million and I had made over $22 million the past 4 years AND missed half of work due to injury I think I could suck it up.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,367

Post#1662 » by KidA24 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:15 pm

ElPeregrino wrote:
bigdog34 wrote:
ElPeregrino wrote:Bucks have been great at preventing leaks since the new ownership group came in. Even with injuries we're always just guessing. I don't praise this ownership group often but they deserve credit for that.

Ahem...Draft trade debacle with ATL...ahem.

Teams find out who other teams are taking via social media. That's how the draft works and that's why every team is following twitter during the draft. That's not a leak any more than a player finding out they have been traded while watching ESPN is a leak. The Bucks had nothing to lose once they were locked into taking DiVincenzo.

You're wrong. This is 100% wrong. I just hope you realize that you are wrong in the way you worded this.

The things posted by Woj (and others) on twitter during the draft, each one about 5 minutes before the pick is announced, are "leaked" once the pick is actually submitted to the league.

The league then summons Adam Silver from his fortress of solitude, prints out the special card with the players name, and then Adam Silver announces the pick.

The debacle with the Atlanta trade was the idiotic front office trying to get information from DV's agent (most likely) regarding if other teams were interested in him.

The agent, then smartly contacted the next few teams in the draft saying, "The Bucks want my guy." So Atlanta then knew they didn't need to trade up to get their guy and DV makes an extra million dollars over 4 years.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1663 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:17 pm

OK guys, we've talked about draft leaks ad nauseam. The discussion in this JABARI thread was how nothing has been leaking out about JABARI. Keep the draft leak talk in the other thread specifically devoted to that. THANKS.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,264

Post#1664 » by skones » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:22 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:

It's all relative though. If my salary last year was $6.7 million and I had made over $22 million the past 4 years AND missed half of work due to injury I think I could suck it up.

Except you're not actually missing half of work. That's something that commonly gets lost. If he's in the practice facility, that's work. If he's rehabbing, that's work. If he's doing public appearances, that's work.
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,487

Post#1665 » by neiLz » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:25 pm

I know this was mentioned and i can't find it in the thread. but is friday the last day for a team to offer him a restricted offer? then jabari is forced to sign the QO or work solely with the bucks on a long term deal?
JEIS
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,166

Post#1666 » by JEIS » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:28 pm

jschligs wrote:
JEIS wrote:
jschligs wrote:
Pretty sure it's normal to have a lot of guys being paid more than you when YOU'RE STILL ON YOUR ROOKIE CONTRACT...

And? At your job, if you are doing more work than the next guy, he is making twice as much as you, sucking more than you, not working as hard as you, getting more opportunities and you are being chewd out by your boss
, and low balled on a contract offer you would be fine with that?

I am guessing not so much.

Well if I was locked into a contract from 4 years ago and I missed 2 years because of an injury and hadn't done anything to earn more money then no, I probably wouldn't be that upset.

This is the NBA. It's how it goes. You don't play, and play well, you don't get paid. Every year's FA market is different, and every GM is different. To just expect to be paid more because you THINK you are better when healthy is just unreal.

Your whole argument makes no sense....a contract is a contract. You have to EARN it.

If you got hurt while at work, your work paid for the surgery, then the surgeon who repaired your injury may have repaired it improperly the first time creating a second injury which now is costing you possibly 100 million dollars and your work is treating you like a black sheep? You would be fine?

Did Embiid earn his? Did Wiggins earn his?
A lot of the time contracts are based on potential in the NBA. Good or bad, most are potential based.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1667 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:35 pm

Yeah it sucks for Jabari that he got hurt twice. But treated like a black sheep? No way. He's being treated as a player who has 2 blown ACL's and had/has a bad attitude. If anyone wants to blame Kidd go ahead. At the end of the day Jabari's attitude is on Jabari. If he really believes he is worth $20+ million a year then take the QO and go earn that next contract.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,943

Post#1668 » by jschligs » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:36 pm

I'm sorry but you cannot compare Wiggins or Embiid to Parker. Embiid was clearly a once in a lifetime player when he played. Parker was good, but not that good. He had major flaws.

Wiggins actually played entire seasons.
machu46
RealGM
And1: 3,672

Post#1669 » by machu46 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:38 pm

ArodpwnsFavre wrote:I know this was mentioned and i can't find it in the thread. but is friday the last day for a team to offer him a restricted offer? then jabari is forced to sign the QO or work solely with the bucks on a long term deal?

No. I don't think there is a deadline for teams to sign Jabari; he's a RFA until he signs an offer sheet, the qualifying offer, or a new deal with Milwaukee. I think it can go on as long as Jabari wants it to.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
JEIS
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,166

Post#1670 » by JEIS » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:41 pm

jschligs wrote:I'm sorry but you cannot compare Wiggins or Embiid to Parker. Embiid was clearly a once in a lifetime player when he played. Parker was good, but not that good. He had major flaws.

Were there contracts based on what the did, or potential? You understand my point... you don't need to side step it.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,931

Post#1671 » by Bucksfan28 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:44 pm

JEIS wrote:
jschligs wrote:I'm sorry but you cannot compare Wiggins or Embiid to Parker. Embiid was clearly a once in a lifetime player when he played. Parker was good, but not that good. He had major flaws.

Were there contracts based on what the did, or potential? You understand my point... you don't need to side step it.

And suffering a major knee injury twice hinders that potential...
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,856

Post#1672 » by emunney » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:49 pm

machu46 wrote:
ArodpwnsFavre wrote:I know this was mentioned and i can't find it in the thread. but is friday the last day for a team to offer him a restricted offer? then jabari is forced to sign the QO or work solely with the bucks on a long term deal?

No. I don't think there is a deadline for teams to sign Jabari; he's a RFA until he signs an offer sheet, the qualifying offer, or a new deal with Milwaukee. I think it can go on as long as Jabari wants it to.

The QO is up on Oct. 1 unless the Bucks choose to extend it (max March 1st). Once it expires, he'll still be a RFA, just won't have the QO as a fall back. Those are the only RFA deadlines I'm aware of, which are in addition to and not in place of what you said.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
skones
RealGM

Post#1673 » by skones » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:51 pm

No.
skones
RealGM

Post#1674 » by skones » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:54 pm

People see malcontent emo Jabari and think he's being childish. I see a 22 year old kid who's understandably incredibly frustrated with his career to date, the injuries, the rehab, the why did this happen, why is this happening? You can sit behind the computer and tell a guy to sack up as much as you want, but I guarantee many here have felt that same way at some point in their life and are fully aware those thoughts are something they had to learn to come to terms with. It's not at all an abnormal response, and eventually you work through it. If resigned on a bargain deal, I think he'll do that.
emunney
RealGM

Post#1675 » by emunney » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:05 pm

Think he really needs a better communicator at coach than Kidd is. Obviously he's not great at it himself, so you put him and Kidd together and it's an instant impasse.

I've also thought for a while that Jabari is probably best suited for a high 20s minute load, and he looked ok in the switch-everything D in games 3-6, but it's a bit of an issue that we just signed two guys who are very ill-suited for a defensive style that will see them isolated high on the floor over and over again. I don't see us playing it much, as well as it worked for the Boston series.

Ultimately there are lots and lots of signs big and small that we're moving on and the QO is a means to try to salvage something in a S&T, not an earnest 1st step toward keeping him.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,931

Post#1676 » by Bucksfan28 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:13 pm

skones wrote:People see malcontent emo Jabari and think he's being childish. I see a 22 year old kid who's understandably incredibly frustrated with his career to date, the injuries, the rehab, the why did this happen, why is this happening? You can sit behind the computer and tell a guy to sack up as much as you want, but I guarantee many here have felt that same way at some point in their life and are fully aware those thoughts are something they had to learn to come to terms with. It's not at all an abnormal response, and eventually you work through it. If resigned on a bargain deal, I think he'll do that.

I've said the same here in the past. At -some- point he's gonna have to get over it if he wants to have a successful NBA career though.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
jschligs
General Manager

Post#1677 » by jschligs » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:19 pm

JEIS wrote:

A combination of both. When Embiid played he was an absolute monster and remarkable talent. When Wiggins played he was really really good, but lacked defensive skills, which they thought under Thib would improve. Neither of them had two ACL injuries.

Seriously, I get your point. I understand that contracts are given on potential. But Jabari's potential is incredibly lower than both Embiid and Wiggins. I will also say, Wiggins contract is horrible. It was way too high, but that's another story.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,925

Post#1678 » by Prez » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:19 pm

Would really suck if they've given up on him considering Bud is awesome at communicating/connecting with players and developing wings.
emunney
RealGM

Post#1679 » by emunney » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:21 pm

skones wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:

Except you're not actually missing half of work. That's something that commonly gets lost. If he's in the practice facility, that's work. If he's rehabbing, that's work. If he's doing public appearances, that's work.

Much harder work, tbh.
jschligs
General Manager

Post#1680 » by jschligs » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:22 pm

emunney wrote:
skones wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:

Much harder work, tbh.

I'd consider it rehab instead of development. Big difference.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks