Roster Strategy Moving Forward

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

leroyjw10
Sixth Man
And1: 1,270

Re: Roster Strategy Moving Forward 

Post#41 » by leroyjw10 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:32 pm

JustinCredible wrote:
leroyjw10 wrote:I vote for the “Get Kawhi” strategy.

Me too. Also, get Curry, Devin Booker, and Porzingis.

Curry
Booker
Kawhi
Giannis
Porzingis

This isn’t that hard. Geez.

You see, this is exactly the kind of defeatist attitude that keeps mediocre teams mediocre. Ya know, like the Bucks for the last 30 years. The whole "It'll never happen so why even try" thing. And I get it, partially, as the Bucks organization has largely blackened the collective soul of Bucks fans. If they've taught us anything, it's that we're not allowed to have nice things.

But still, when someone as talented as Kawhi becomes even remotely available, you have to do everything in your power to make it happen. Pairing Kawhi with Giannis immediately gives the Bucks two of the NBA's top 5-6 best players, something only Golden State can say. You figure out the rest later.

Something like this (http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y84tky7z + whoever is picked at #17) or this (http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9tygxdv + whoever is picked at #17) at least gets the conversation started. And given the tenuous situation in SA, I don't know that Kawhi gets much more than Cleveland got for Kyrie.
Coach Carter
General Manager
And1: 6,261

Post#42 » by Coach Carter » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:35 pm

Miami's starters + giannis
In reference to our title winning year
Coach Carter wrote:This year is a wash and most of us know it.
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 9,946

Post#43 » by sidney lanier » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:36 pm

mke_design wrote:Burn the entire thing down. I mean literally just set it on fire. Save the new arena for craft shows because at least there will be a level of skill presented on the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

I like needlepoint.

I like basketball better, though. As for roster changes, I think we have to build, not buy. Looks like Parker, Snell, and D.J. Wilson are all swinging strikes. Brogdon and Middleton are solid singles, Giannis a home run. I don't see an XBH on the bench, and the likelihood of trading in our trash for a difference maker is about the same as dropping off a crappy shirt at Goodwill then going in the Goodwill store and finding a non-crappy one.

I thought Jabari could be an XBH, an important piece. It hurts to see him acting like a piece of something else.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
BucksRule18
Senior
And1: 360

Post#44 » by BucksRule18 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:41 pm

AussieBuck wrote:**** I do not want to still be looking at Henson in 2020.

Unfortunately, that's the reality we're facing. I can't imagine any team wanting to trade for Snell, Henson or Delly with their hefty contracts. Middleton, Brogdon and to some extent Bledsoe all have some trade value, but they're all unrestricted free agents at the end of next season (if Middleton opts out). I can't imagine getting top talent for these guys if they can leave the team after only one season. We're probably looking at a late first round pick and another lesser expiring player in return for each of these players. The first round picks will help down the line, but not sure in time before Giannis decides to leave. Even if we do decide to resign Middleton and Brogdon, we'll probably overpay and either be happy with them spending the next 4 years with the Bucks or accept the fact that they'll be untradeable with their hefty contracts.

What frustrates me about Jabari is that he's forcing the Bucks to sell low. He can't be as bad as he's playing now. My gut tells me that he actually believes that all he has to do is stay healthy by the end of the playoffs and a team will swoop in and give him a 4 year $80 million deal. His whole interview was positioned to show other owners that the Bucks have done him wrong, which in his mind excuses him from having to show up for the playoffs. It didn't work for Rose and it won't work for him.

The problem the Bucks organization is facing now is that if you give marginal players like Delly, Snelly, Mirza, Plumlee, Henson big contracts, others like Jabari, Brogdon, Middleton will think you're low balling them if you don't break the bank to pay them. If you're looking for complementary type talent just wait until the dust settles with free agency and pick up a decent player that has lowered his asking price. There were some available last year if we hadn't blown our cap.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#45 » by msiris » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:52 pm

leroyjw10 wrote:You see, this is exactly the kind of defeatist attitude that keeps mediocre teams mediocre. Ya know, like the Bucks for the last 30 years. The whole "It'll never happen so why even try" thing. And I get it, partially, as the Bucks organization has largely blackened the collective soul of Bucks fans. If they've taught us anything, it's that we're not allowed to have nice things.

But still, when someone as talented as Kawhi becomes even remotely available, you have to do everything in your power to make it happen. Pairing Kawhi with Giannis immediately gives the Bucks two of the NBA's top 5-6 best players, something only Golden State can say. You figure out the rest later.

Something like this (http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y84tky7z + whoever is picked at #17) or this (http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9tygxdv + whoever is picked at #17) at least gets the conversation started. And given the tenuous situation in SA, I don't know that Kawhi gets much more than Cleveland got for Kyrie.
We need to throw what we can at the Spurs. In fact we should just say what do you want?
Ride the tank
JustinCredible
Head Coach
And1: 2,965

Post#46 » by JustinCredible » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:57 pm

leroyjw10 wrote:
JustinCredible wrote:
leroyjw10 wrote:I vote for the “Get Kawhi” strategy.

Curry
Booker
Kawhi
Giannis
Porzingis

You see, this is exactly the kind of defeatist attitude that keeps mediocre teams mediocre. Ya know, like the Bucks for the last 30 years. The whole "It'll never happen so why even try" thing. And I get it, partially, as the Bucks organization has largely blackened the collective soul of Bucks fans. If they've taught us anything, it's that we're not allowed to have nice things.

Yea, you missed the point of the post.

Of course you do everything in your power to get Kawhi. It’s just that you are delusional if you think we have the assets to get him while retaining Giannis. Of course you try, but it isn’t happening.
All posts are my own opinion.
Twitter: @itsjwills
JustinCredible
Head Coach

Post#47 » by JustinCredible » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:58 pm

msiris wrote:
leroyjw10 wrote:You see, this is exactly the kind of defeatist attitude that keeps mediocre teams mediocre. Ya know, like the Bucks for the last 30 years. The whole "It'll never happen so why even try" thing. And I get it, partially, as the Bucks organization has largely blackened the collective soul of Bucks fans. If they've taught us anything, it's that we're not allowed to have nice things.

We need to throw what we can at the Spurs. In fact we should just say what do you want?

Answer: Giannis

Now what?
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 419

Post#48 » by smauss » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:02 pm

AussieBuck wrote:**** I do not want to still be looking at Henson in 2020.

Yeah x1000000000000 :banghead:
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,458

Post#49 » by Matches Malone » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:04 pm

Kemba Walker
Malcolm Brogdon
Khris Middleton
Giannis Antetokounmpo
Robert Williams
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#50 » by msiris » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:17 pm

JustinCredible wrote:
msiris wrote:

Answer: Giannis

Now what?
Forgot about that. Everyone but him. :D
Ride the tank
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,410

Post#51 » by SupremeHustle » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:44 pm

Giannis
Bruno Caboclo
Aaron Gordon
Brandon Ingram
Thon Maker
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,766

Post#52 » by ReginaldDwight » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:48 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:Giannis
Bruno Caboclo
Aaron Gordon
Brandon Ingram
Thon Maker

That lineup is better then what we roll out right now if you replace thon with henson.
SupremeHustle
RealGM

Post#53 » by SupremeHustle » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:50 pm

But seriously:

McCollum
Brogdon
Barton
Giannis
Okur
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
SupremeHustle
RealGM

Post#54 » by SupremeHustle » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:50 pm

ReginaldDwight wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:Giannis
Bruno Caboclo
Aaron Gordon
Brandon Ingram
Thon Maker

That lineup is better then what we roll out right now if you replace thon with henson.

No way. Ain't no way. :D
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#55 » by LuessiT » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:54 pm

Ntilikina
Brogdon
Covington
Giannis
Love
leroyjw10
Sixth Man
And1: 1,270

Post#56 » by leroyjw10 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:11 pm

JustinCredible wrote:
leroyjw10 wrote:
JustinCredible wrote:

Curry
Booker
Kawhi
Giannis
Porzingis

Of course you do everything in your power to get Kawhi. It’s just that you are delusional if you think we have the assets to get him while retaining Giannis. Of course you try, but it isn’t happening.

Oh, I got the point. It's a defeatist attitude, thinking something isn't possible. That SA-Kawhi situation feels pretty deteriorated at this point, so much so that SA has to strongly consider moving him this summer. If the Bucks don't have the assets, then who does? And would they actually be willing to move those assets?
DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Post#57 » by DutchManDanFan » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:21 pm

Love could be a somewhat realistic target after LeBron leaves. Do we want him?
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,692

Post#58 » by Pachinko_ » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:28 pm

Except for Giannis and Brogdon everybody else has negative value, I don't know how all those trades are possible unless you're dealing with Hammond and he's drunk. People are not stupid, they can see Bledsoe is horrible and Middleton can't guard anybody.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,122

Post#59 » by DingleJerry » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:28 pm

DutchManDanFan wrote:Love could be a somewhat realistic target after LeBron leaves. Do we want him?

I think he'd fit well. Willing to bang with bigs so Giannis doesn't have to. Great shooter to open up the middle. Understands passing, movement etc on offense, great rebounder. I don't know how they'd get him due to the massive contract though and frankly I'd rather just get 80% of the production from Ersan for 1/5 the price.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
JustinCredible
Head Coach

Post#60 » by JustinCredible » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:32 pm

leroyjw10 wrote:
JustinCredible wrote:
leroyjw10 wrote:

Oh, I got the point. It's a defeatist attitude, thinking something isn't possible. That SA-Kawhi situation feels pretty deteriorated at this point, so much so that SA has to strongly consider moving him this summer. If the Bucks don't have the assets, then who does? And would they actually be willing to move those assets?

Who has more assets than us? Here are 4 easy ones just off the top of my head.

(These are just a list of their assets and obviously wouldn't trade them all for Kawhi but they could easily put together a package)
Boston: Tatum, Brown, Rozier, Kyrie, and 1st round picks.
Lakers: Kuzma, Ball, Ingram, Randle, and high lottery picks.
Blazers: Lillard, CJ, Nurcic, Zach Collins, 1st round picks.
76ers: Saric, Fultz, Embiid, top 10 pick.

We can't compete. What would the Spurs want that we have for Kawhi? You think they are taking Middleton and Bledsoe? Haha.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks