ImageImage

Woelfel: Bucks could be looking for POBO

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,136

Re: Woelfel: Bucks could be looking for POBO 

Post#161 » by JimmyTheKid » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:03 pm

averageposter wrote:Going to be hard to let Horst go, he's the kind of guy they didn't have on their short list, didn't really interview, and totally fell backwards into. But that's why we call it a business I guess, tough calls.

Wonder if this means LED will go down to the dark and dingy basement to Horst's office to let him know he's been fired, or if they'll just let the situation take care of itself now that the glitch in the payroll has been fixed.

The fact that so many people around here talked themselves into believing that Horst possessed real power has been an entertaining aside to an otherwise extremely frustrating season.
Jaballa Parkay
Junior
And1: 166

Post#162 » by Jaballa Parkay » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:08 pm

They had all season to find a POBO, why wait until now to look for one? If anything, LED is looking where to go for a po’boy sandwich. Woeful strikes again
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,949

Post#163 » by RiotPunch » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:12 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
averageposter wrote:Going to be hard to let Horst go, he's the kind of guy they didn't have on their short list, didn't really interview, and totally fell backwards into. But that's why we call it a business I guess, tough calls.

Wonder if this means LED will go down to the dark and dingy basement to Horst's office to let him know he's been fired, or if they'll just let the situation take care of itself now that the glitch in the payroll has been fixed.

The fact that so many people around here talked themselves into believing that Horst possessed real power has been an entertaining aside to an otherwise extremely frustrating season.

#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Swan Vox
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,917

Post#164 » by Swan Vox » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:17 pm

bizarro wrote:It's weird, every time I read 'POBO' I see this image:

Wisconsinites, you know what I'm referring to ;)

I wonder if Gery has “got a time” that we might hire the Big Boy, aka POBO. ; )
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#165 » by raferfenix » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:35 pm

The Bucks' season has ended so poorly that even if they had planned to give Horst another year that might have changed.

LED have to do something major if they want to amp up energy as we get going into the new arena.

Otherwise watching Giannis slowly come to grips with the fact that he needs to demand a trade is hardly worth the kind of entertainment dollars they intend to get spent.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#166 » by raferfenix » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:38 pm

What was Bud's track record at POBO like?

How would we feel about it if we have to give him the authority to hire his own GM to close a deal?

The Knicks will interview Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer for their vacant head coach position this weekend, according to a person with knowledge of New York’s plans. Budenholzer talked to the Suns this week about their open head coach position before deciding to withdraw from consideration Thursday.

The Magic and Hornets also have head coach openings. The Bucks and Grizzlies had interim coaches at season’s end. The Bucks are currently playing the Celtics in a first-round playoff series.

https://www.ajc.com/sports/basketball/knicks-interview-hawks-coach-budenholzer-for-their-vacancy/TQtwiehQ2gOFJT1kDAQieM/
averageposter
Sixth Man
And1: 722

Post#167 » by averageposter » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:47 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:

It is Friday and studies have shown....well you know
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#168 » by DrWood » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:48 pm

Can someone tell me what the difference is between POBO and VPOBO? Or GM?
Corporations started proliferating VPs, now do they have more than one "P" in a company?
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,746

Post#169 » by Treebeard » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:16 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:

That's part of the problem.... We have no idea if Horst is an idiot or a savant.... But, I would bet most of the other exec's view him as a apprentice placeholder - even if he's got some ability. Who's going to take him seriously?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks