ImageImage

Woelfel: Bucks could be looking for POBO

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

bucksbrewers3
Starter
And1: 292

Re: Woelfel: Bucks could be looking for POBO 

Post#81 » by bucksbrewers3 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:00 am

I heard the interview and he did say it hasn’t been reported yet by anyone. Question is why? Why would you hold that info. It seems like big news that a HOF player still working with his currant franchise who has been apart of many successful pacer teams also giving the Cavs everything they can handle, looking to leave the team to go elsewhere. Again I don’t get why holding that information is useful
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,319

Post#82 » by SupremeHustle » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:02 am

MickeyDavis wrote:We may be getting all worked up over Rod Thorn POBO

Yep. I'm definitely in "wait and see" mode on this one.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
NomNomNomParker
Starter
And1: 1,248

Post#83 » by NomNomNomParker » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:14 am

Cautiously optimistic we might actually do the right things this summer. Owners might have had a real wakeup call the past week.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Post#84 » by AussieBuck » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:27 am

Woeful is so much more believable when he's got good news lol

Sent from my [device_name] using [url]RealGM mobile app[/url]
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,244

Post#85 » by jakecronus8 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:39 am

AussieBuck wrote:Woeful is so much more believable when he's got good news lol

Sent from my [device_name] using [url]RealGM mobile app[/url]

:lol: no doubt. This board becomes Team Gery when they like the random ideas he made up and reports as insider tidbits.
Do it for Chuck
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,904

Post#86 » by stellation » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:40 am

paulpressey25 wrote:If they hired the Bird/Carlisle duo I'd be estatic. Might even go so far as to not critique a single move for a two year period.

bizarro wrote:What is with this #FakeNews!??!
#FreeChuckDiesel
Zeezprah
Analyst
And1: 1,569

Post#87 » by Zeezprah » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:42 am

never have been a woelful fan, but hasn't he been calling some things lately? legit don't pay attention to him unless it's on this board, so i honestly can't quite remember, but i swear he's gotten a few right recently

though this shouldn't be shocking news. everyone can tell the bucks need an overhaul from president to coach; the national media is just finally realizing it as well
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,969

Post#88 » by drew881 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:45 am

bigkurty wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:If they hired the Bird/Carlisle duo I'd be estatic. Might even go so far as to not critique a single move for a two year period.

The problem is you know they would probably do it 2 days before the draft or something and then we would waste another first round pick. If they do this, they better do it the day after we get booted out the playoffs.

Not as worried with the first round pick as I am about the Jabari situation. Someone like Bird who isn’t gonna be here long term may not give a second thought to paying him out. Next thing you know we are stuck with injured Jabari and Bird is Walking away to retire.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,800

Post#89 » by theFireBlanket » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:46 am

Zeezprah wrote:never have been a woelful fan, but hasn't he been calling some things lately? legit don't pay attention to him unless it's on this board, so i honestly can't quite remember, but i swear he's gotten a few right recently

though this shouldn't be shocking news. everyone can tell the bucks need an overhaul from president to coach; the national media is just finally realizing it as well

Might be that the more dysfunctional things become the easier it becomes for Gery to obtain dirt.

xTitan wrote:I head Woefel say the other night McHale has a decent chance to be the coach....so there's that

He was inferring that was the reason he's been calling the series impartially.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,279

Post#90 » by xTitan » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:46 am

I head Woefel say the other night McHale has a decent chance to be the coach....so there's that
econniption
Rookie
And1: 1,123

Post#91 » by econniption » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:53 am

I really, really hope Woelfel's right with them wanting to hire a POBO, but I'd still be scared to death of who'd they'd actually hire.

Here'd be my short list of those who are/might be currently available in no particular order:
Sam Hinkie
Mike Zarren (Boston's asst. GM) - Daryl Morey called him the smartest basketball guy he knows and that's good enough for me.
David Griffin
Larry Bird, especially if he could bring in Carlisle.

For the sake of all that is holy, Bucks, please do NOT make Kevin McHale, Rod Thorn, or anyone of that ilk, the POBO.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,739

Post#92 » by Prez » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:56 am

Listened to the show and unless I'm missing something, he mentioned Bird/Carlisle just as his own dream scenario, didn’t mention that as a real possibility or something they’re talking about. Just what he wanted.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,588

Post#93 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:01 am

ElPeregrino wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:They're not stupid. They have to see the national embarrassment the organization has been for the last year-plus.

I guess 30 years is technically a "year plus"

Such an underrated post, can’t believe this got so easily passed by.

Carlisle makes me hard. Twice. At the same time. I’m on board with the idea for a new-school analytics type in the front office, but I think you can put the players that guy gets around Carlisle and just let it happen.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,739

Post#94 » by Treebeard » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:02 am

As I remember, one of the problematic parts of Kevin McHale's early days as Minnesota GM, was his struggle with some of the shiftier agents like Eric Fliescher. McHale so despised those guys and dealing with them over contract issues that Glen Taylor sometimes had to resolve the disputes, including the infamous Joe Smith debacle. McHale enjoyed the talent evaluation part of the job. You can take that for what it's worth.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,260

Post#95 » by Mags FTW » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:12 am

I don’t believe anything Gery says.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#96 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:13 am

Prez wrote:Listened to the show and unless I'm missing something, he mentioned Bird/Carlisle just as his own dream scenario, didn’t mention that as a real possibility or something they’re talking about. Just what he wanted.

Ah man, you had to be a buzzkill here.

Ok, McHale we come, I guess. Sigh.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
JustinCredible
Head Coach
And1: 2,965

Post#97 » by JustinCredible » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:17 am

Prez wrote:Listened to the show and unless I'm missing something, he mentioned Bird/Carlisle just as his own dream scenario, didn’t mention that as a real possibility or something they’re talking about. Just what he wanted.

Ugh...if this is the case than the OP should be banned. :banghead:
All posts are my own opinion.
Twitter: @itsjwills
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,110

Post#98 » by LittleRooster » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:30 am

JustinCredible wrote:

Fwiw I didn't interpret the interview that way. I thought he suggested Bird as a real possibility but who knows
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,219

Post#99 » by Matches Malone » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:33 am

LittleRooster wrote:
JustinCredible wrote:

Fwiw I didn't interpret the interview that way. I thought he suggested Bird as a real possibility but who knows

Same. I think the Carlisle thing was more of what he was spitballing but the Bird thing he was saying had some legs to it.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,739

Post#100 » by Prez » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:36 am

Matches Malone wrote:
LittleRooster wrote:
JustinCredible wrote:

Same. I think the Carlisle thing was more of what he was spitballing but the Bird thing he was saying had some legs to it.

What legs? All he said was that he heard Bird was interested in getting back into the game as a POBO. To which he said “IF I’m Wes Edens, I’m on the phone asking Larry what he wants” Don't see how there's anything there beyond Gery just throwing an idea out there. It's not like his Budenholzer report where he was directly linked to the Bucks.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks