ImageImage

OT General Off Topic Thread - [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION]

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Re: OT General Off Topic Thread - [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1941 » by trwi7 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:57 am

Also, the search works again! Everybody use it before it before it malfunctions or whatever.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
tyland
Veteran
And1: 422

Post#1942 » by tyland » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:01 am

Pachinko_ wrote:
Jez2983 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

Orange zone ftw. Gonna pop up to 42 degrees later in the week though.

Just came back from Phillip Island (south tip) and I kid you not, in the same 24 hours you needed your bathing suit, sunglasses, wool socks and jacket. I saw penguins and koalas :D

I'm in North East Victoria. Last week we had 5 consecutive 40+ degree days. I think the coolest day we have had in 2 weeks was about 32 degrees. Back up to over 40 degrees again the other day.

One evening after work, my car was telling me it was 46 degrees in the shade.

Has been brutal!
SAVE OUR BUCKS
Twitter: @thetytimes
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,312

Post#1943 » by Mags FTW » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:42 am

MissKhriddleton wrote:Why does a meal at Subway cost 11 dollars all of a sudden???

I think I need only 2 hands to count the amount of times I've had Subway. To me, their meats and cheeses aren't better than the cold cuts you could get at the store.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,017

Post#1944 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:44 am

Why are all chain sub shops terrible? Subway, Erberts and Gerberts, Cousins, Jimmy Johns, Firehouse...all garbage. But I go to the mom and pop place for a sandwich and it's wonderful.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,312

Post#1945 » by Mags FTW » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:19 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Why are all chain sub shops terrible? Subway, Erberts and Gerberts, Cousins, Jimmy Johns, Firehouse...all garbage. But I go to the mom and pop place for a sandwich and it's wonderful.

I like Potbelly. A Wreck with Nueske's bacon.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#1946 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:26 am

Jersey Mike's is fantastic. It's also a haven for anyone with celiac because it's literally the only semi-major place you can go that has GF.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,951

Post#1947 » by Jez2983 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:42 am

My oldest loves Subway, mostly because he gets to choose. We don't have too much similar in Aus so I'll take him there because he doesn't really like any fast food (although I have recently introduced him to hotcakes :lol:)
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
buckbeer
Bench Warmer
And1: 874

Post#1948 » by buckbeer » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:44 am

I was quite addicted to Subway subs when I was living in Milwaukee over 20 years ago.

Subway is doing very well in Singapore and is probably the 3rd largest fast food chain after McDonalds and KFC, with Burger King a close 4th. Wendy's couldn't survive in Singapore and had to close down 3 years ago. There are numerous other American fast food and pizza chains in Singapore, for me I like the Carl's Jr burgers.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,623

Post#1949 » by blazza18 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:54 am

Jez2983 wrote:My oldest loves Subway, mostly because he gets to choose. We don't have too much similar in Aus so I'll take him there because he doesn't really like any fast food (although I have recently introduced him to hotcakes :lol:)

I had it a lot during school for this very reason. It was Subway or some fast foot junk from one of the big chains or a local fish & chip shop. Subway was heaven compared to basically any other option.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
buckbeer
Bench Warmer
And1: 874

Post#1950 » by buckbeer » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:59 am

Jez2983 wrote:My oldest loves Subway, mostly because he gets to choose. We don't have too much similar in Aus so I'll take him there because he doesn't really like any fast food (although I have recently introduced him to hotcakes :lol:)

My kids are addicted to American fast food, I had to limit them to just twice a week.
ColeWorld23
Sixth Man
And1: 679

Post#1951 » by ColeWorld23 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:35 am

Mags FTW wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Why are all chain sub shops terrible? Subway, Erberts and Gerberts, Cousins, Jimmy Johns, Firehouse...all garbage. But I go to the mom and pop place for a sandwich and it's wonderful.

I like Potbelly. A Wreck with Nueske's bacon.

**** yeah!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,951

Post#1952 » by Jez2983 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:17 am

blazza18 wrote:

I had it a lot during school for this very reason. It was Subway or some fast foot junk from one of the big chains or a local fish & chip shop. Subway was heaven compared to basically any other option.

These days it's the quest to find the best Banh Mi. Also there are some good Mexican options like zambreros and Guzman y Gomez
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,291

Post#1953 » by KidA24 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:08 pm

tyland wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:
Jez2983 wrote:

Just came back from Phillip Island (south tip) and I kid you not, in the same 24 hours you needed your bathing suit, sunglasses, wool socks and jacket. I saw penguins and koalas :D

I'm in North East Victoria. Last week we had 5 consecutive 40+ degree days. I think the coolest day we have had in 2 weeks was about 32 degrees. Back up to over 40 degrees again the other day.

Has been brutal!

NSFW.....
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,325

Post#1954 » by jute2003 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:18 pm

tyland wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:
Jez2983 wrote:

Has been brutal!
Brutal.. I hope the weather breaks for you guys soon and you get some relief. That's ball melting weather.
only a fan, only an opinion
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,900

Post#1955 » by jschligs » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:10 pm

Sitting in the Madison airport waiting to board my 6:00AM flight to Vegas (connecting in Chicago)....power goes out 10 minutes before boarding. My flight cancelled, the two I switched to were cancelled, and now I have to drive to Chicago and fly out tomorrow morning...all because a generator failed after the outage haha! I have such bad luck traveling it's just funny. I don't even get mad anymore
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,630

Post#1956 » by Gianstoppable » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:48 am

Wife and I purchased and already cancelled (less than 24 hours) our mattress. Long story short we didnt read the fine print and thought the Purple Powerbase came with a mattress and it didnt. Definitely not spending an additional 1400 on top of what we already were spending. Anyone have any suggestions on best beds for the buck? We are willing to spend around 3k if we can get a powerbase.
#FreeChuckDiesel
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1957 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:59 am

Gianstoppable wrote:Wife and I purchased and already cancelled (less than 24 hours) our mattress. Long story short we didnt read the fine print and thought the Purple Powerbase came with a mattress and it didnt. Definitely not spending an additional 1400 on top of what we already were spending. Anyone have any suggestions on best beds for the buck? We are willing to spend around 3k if we can get a powerbase.

Do you like soft or firm?

If you're willing to spend coin (which $3K is IMO), you should go to Mattress Firm. Their powerbases aren't too expensive from what I can recall (though we didn't get them) and I think depending upon what you get they also throw them in. Mattress Firm can be expensive but it can also be pretty reasonable...they have basically everything other than Sleep Number and the online-only brands.

I have a super soft mattress which I love, with the exception that it's so soft you can't sleep on your stomach (your body sinks in and makes your back arch the wrong way). Soft mattresses are bad for your back, I know, but it's so **** comfortable and it feels like sleeping on a cloud. If that's up your alley let me know and I can figure out what it is. I think it's a black diamond something or other.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#1958 » by trwi7 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:11 am

MikeIsGood wrote:I have a super soft mattress which I love

Psychopath
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1959 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:29 am

trwi7 wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:I have a super soft mattress which I love

Psychopath

I'm a side sleeper. Side sleeping on a firm mattress feels like willfully dislocating your shoulder.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#1960 » by trwi7 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:32 am

I actually have had the same mattress for 25 years because I can't find one that is firm enough to switch.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks