ImageImage

OT General Off Topic Thread - [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION]

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,696

Re: OT General Off Topic Thread - [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#441 » by Pachinko_ » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:46 pm

Greek media so take it with a grain of salt, but the Argentine players are openly lobying to their federation to get rid of their coach, two games into the world cup.

Which seems perfectly normal, just to show how inexplicable it seemed to all us international fans that Kidd survived all these years without anyone jumping him in a dark alley somewhere. Can't decide if NBA fans are just bored/dumb/indifferent or too civilized.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,969

Post#442 » by humanrefutation » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:19 pm

Pachinko_ wrote:Greek media so take it with a grain of salt, but the Argentine players are openly lobying to their federation to get rid of their coach, two games into the world cup.

Which seems perfectly normal, just to show how inexplicable it seemed to all us international fans that Kidd survived all these years without anyone jumping him in a dark alley somewhere. Can't decide if NBA fans are just bored/dumb/indifferent or too civilized.

Their manager isn't responsible for their loss.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,696

Post#443 » by Pachinko_ » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:24 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:Greek media so take it with a grain of salt, but the Argentine players are openly lobying to their federation to get rid of their coach, two games into the world cup.

they suck from top to bottom TBH
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#444 » by humanrefutation » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:59 pm

Pachinko_ wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:

they suck from top to bottom TBH

They're just old. Past their prime. Reminds me of Spain's collapse in 2014.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,943

Post#445 » by BUCKnation » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:26 pm

Eh, their manager is pretty bad.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#446 » by humanrefutation » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:28 pm

BUCKnation wrote:Eh, their manager is pretty bad.

Their manager won the Copa América with Chile in 2015 - beating Argentina in the process.

He isn't a bad manager. He isn't great - as his experience with Sevilla was mixed - but they didn't lose because of him.
BUCKnation
RealGM

Post#447 » by BUCKnation » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:31 pm

humanrefutation wrote:

Their manager won the Copa América with Chile in 2015 - beating Argentina in the process.

He isn't a bad manager. He isn't great - as his experience with Sevilla was mixed - but they didn't lose because of him.

Sure, but they set up so poorly and left a lot of useful players home. No reason only one of Dybala, Aguero or Higuain could to be on the pitch at the same time.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Re: RE: Re: OT General Off Topic Thread - [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#448 » by humanrefutation » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:35 pm

BUCKnation wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:

Sure, but they set up so poorly and left a lot of useful players home. No reason only one of Dybala, Aguero or Higuain could to be on the pitch at the same time.

I didn't like subbing out Aguero for Higuain, for sure. But Croatia was bossing their midfield so throughly that they couldn't even get passes into the box.
BUCKnation
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: OT General Off Topic Thread - [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#449 » by BUCKnation » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:41 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
BUCKnation wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:

I didn't like subbing out Aguero for Higuain, for sure. But Croatia was bossing their midfield so throughly that they couldn't even get passes into the box.

That's why I'm saying their set up was bad. They had 2 DM's in the middle with no creativity, using Banega or bringing Pastore or Lamela would have eased that. Di Maria and Dybala were left on the bench despite being clearly better options. If they get a result in this match they are pretty much guaranteed to go through so there is no point in resting those guys. Total mismanagement and no heart by Argentina once they went down. That 3rd goal and the constant dirty play was pathetic.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: OT General Off Topic Thread - [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#450 » by humanrefutation » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:29 am

BUCKnation wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:
BUCKnation wrote:Sure, but they set up so poorly and left a lot of useful players home. No reason only one of Dybala, Aguero or Higuain could to be on the pitch at the same time.

That's why I'm saying their set up was bad. They had 2 DM's in the middle with no creativity, using Banega or bringing Pastore or Lamela would have eased that. Di Maria and Dybala were left on the bench despite being clearly better options. If they get a result in this match they are pretty much guaranteed to go through so there is no point in resting those guys. Total mismanagement and no heart by Argentina once they went down. That 3rd goal and the constant dirty play was pathetic.

Argentina hasn't had heart since this tournament started. It's like they're playing with the sword of damocles swinging over them. Sampaoli paced the sidelines like he thought a firing squad would be waiting for him if they lost.

Sure, they could have played Di Maria and Banega, but neither one of them impressed against Iceland. And neither one can hold a candle to Rakitic or Modric.

Dybala is interesting as he occupies a lot of the same kinds of spaces as Messi. There was some talk leading up the the tournament that Dybala might not even make the squad because of some belief that he couldn't play with Messi. I think he should be able to take some of the pressure off of Messi if he's out there with him, and besides, how good of a player are you if you can't compliment one of the GOATs.

Higuain is like a walking symbol of international disappointment. It was hilarious when he was being jeered by his own supporters.

And then Mascherano is old as **** and Otamendi is overrated as ****.

If I was going to be critical of Sampaoli, I'd say that he didn't have a counter for Croatia's aggressive pressing and zone marking of Messi. He should have found ways to turn him into a decoy instead of allowing Messi to basically mope his way through that match.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,716

Post#451 » by AussieBuck » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:47 am

trwi7 wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:**** soccer pick an Australian football team

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app

AFL is hard to pick a team because so few games are on TV and when they are it's like 2 in the morning. Those games are fun to watch though.

I reckon you could get it through the AFL website international service. That's a guess though.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
BUCKnation
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: OT General Off Topic Thread - [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#452 » by BUCKnation » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:41 am

humanrefutation wrote:
BUCKnation wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:I didn't like subbing out Aguero for Higuain, for sure. But Croatia was bossing their midfield so throughly that they couldn't even get passes into the box.

Spoiler:
Argentina hasn't had heart since this tournament started. It's like they're playing with the sword of damocles swinging over them. Sampaoli paced the sidelines like he thought a firing squad would be waiting for him if they lost.

Sure, they could have played Di Maria and Banega, but neither one of them impressed against Iceland. And neither one can hold a candle to Rakitic or Modric.

Dybala is interesting as he occupies a lot of the same kinds of spaces as Messi. There was some talk leading up the the tournament that Dybala might not even make the squad because of some belief that he couldn't play with Messi. I think he should be able to take some of the pressure off of Messi if he's out there with him, and besides, how good of a player are you if you can't compliment one of the GOATs.

Higuain is like a walking symbol of international disappointment. It was hilarious when he was being jeered by his own supporters.

And then Mascherano is old as **** and Otamendi is overrated as ****.

If I was going to be critical of Sampaoli, I'd say that he didn't have a counter for Croatia's aggressive pressing and zone marking of Messi. He should have found ways to turn him into a decoy instead of allowing Messi to basically mope his way through that match.

I will say its a tough job to manage that team with Messi. Yes, Messi is great and all, but you really have to have a tactical masterclass to win with that side. You want to attack b/c you have Messi and clearly teams will sit back against that attack, but the rest of the roster just isnt built to do that. The defense is very easily broken down on counters and on offense they don't have anyone to find the holes for Messi and Aguero. You can't really set up to counter either b/c you know the other team wants to bunker even more given the talent gap.

Just a tough spot.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#453 » by trwi7 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:53 am

AussieBuck wrote:
trwi7 wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:**** soccer pick an Australian football team

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app

AFL is hard to pick a team because so few games are on TV and when they are it's like 2 in the morning. Those games are fun to watch though.

I reckon you could get it through the AFL website international service. That's a guess though.

I mean, that still doesn't solve the main problem that most games are on from 2 to 5 in the morning. Like I said, I do love watching the games when they're on though.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Post#454 » by thomchatt3rton » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:56 pm

Wow Germany. Go-ahead goal in the 95th minute (playing with 10 men too). Heartbreaking for Sweden.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,587

Post#455 » by blazza18 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:37 pm

Sweden playing not to lose could cost them a spot in the last 16.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Post#456 » by thomchatt3rton » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:17 pm

From what I understand, "playing not to lose" is and has been Sweden's total identity. I'm not sure how much they could've changed that now. But I'm no footy expert.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,337

Post#457 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:39 pm

blazza18 wrote:Sweden playing not to lose could cost them a spot in the last 16.

Mike McCarthy must be their coach
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,645

Post#458 » by StickeeFingaz » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:37 pm

Senegal vs Japan has been a lot of fun.
#FreeChuckDiesel
dbrodz7
Sixth Man
And1: 1,232

Post#459 » by dbrodz7 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:02 pm

I have a family member that is struggling with an addiction that is threatening to destroy their marriage. We are looking into confronting them and trying to get them help. If anyone has any experience with a successful intervention or addiction center in the MKE area please send me a private message and offer any advice or insight you can from your experience. Thanks.
Misery loves company
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,275

Post#460 » by KidA24 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:12 pm

Read on Twitter
/video/1
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”

Return to Milwaukee Bucks