ImageImage

Round 1 - Donte DiVincenzo

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

skones
RealGM
And1: 17,215

Re: Round 1 - Donte DiVincenzo 

Post#1721 » by skones » Wed Jan 6, 2021 8:07 am

HKPackFan wrote:I'd rather keep DDV than brook.

Brook is really slowing down. If we have to lose one of our starting 5, need to replace brook soon anyway.

I don't think you'd find any that disagree with that at this point given how they've each looked.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,853

Post#1722 » by coolhandluke121 » Wed Jan 6, 2021 2:41 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:i cant beIieve were back to using stats Iike how many times a guy hits for 20 pts to decide how much were gonna pay him. :lol:

Corey Maggette and Monta Ellis think it's about time we started talking about PPGZ again. Winning is bad; it just leads to high expectations in the playoffs and disappointment.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,173

Post#1723 » by DingleJerry » Wed Jan 6, 2021 3:02 pm

skones wrote:

Brook is really slowing down. If we have to lose one of our starting 5, need to replace brook soon anyway.

I don't think you'd find any that disagree with that at this point given how they've each looked.

Ideally you'd like to get a useful player back in this salary slot of Brook's so you can keep operating above cap. one issue we have right now is we don't have the glut of backup bigs to fill in like last year, so a big would almost for sure have to be coming back. I'd guess this is something that can't really be addressed until the offseason. Too bad his contract wasn't 3 years instead of 4 so it would be expiring.

A guy I've had my eye on as a possibility is Myles Turner. Seems to be rumblings Indy would want to move one of the bigs and he'd be the odd one. He's at a good age, can hit 3s, more athletic for switching D, signed to a not absurd contract, Indiana seems to be friendly with MKE. Problem then need a 3rd team to take on Brook and then the 'assets' got to Indy.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
coolhandluke121
RealGM

Post#1724 » by coolhandluke121 » Wed Jan 6, 2021 6:09 pm

DingleJerry wrote:
skones wrote:

Ideally you'd like to get a useful player back in this salary slot of Brook's so you can keep operating above cap.

I think Jrue's next contract combined with DDV's eventual extension will have them operating as far over the cap as we can reasonably expect them to go, and Brook's salary slot will probably have to be off the books before that. I think it's more realistic to hope that they can trade Brook for decent veterans with shorter contracts so you can add payroll flexibility without taking a step backwards in the short term. He's not looking any better than a random stopgap at this point anyway. They're arguably better off trying to keep most of the MLE available each year for ring-chasers than they are operating way over the tax threshold via trades anyway.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,173

Post#1725 » by DingleJerry » Wed Jan 6, 2021 6:16 pm

Ah yes that makes sense. I was thinking you'd essentially be losing that salary slot (thus player). But if it freed up the exceptions going forward then it would make sense.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,046

Post#1726 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed Jan 6, 2021 7:54 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:i cant beIieve were back to using stats Iike how many times a guy hits for 20 pts to decide how much were gonna pay him. :lol:

Corey Maggette and Monta Ellis think it's about time we started talking about PPGZ again. Winning is bad; it just leads to high expectations in the playoffs and disappointment.

even ppgz is better than how many times has a guy hit 20 in his career. its amazing it even got brought up and even more amazing that comment was even engaged :nonono:

from now on when im trying to assess defense im going to look for individual game highs on blocks and steals :lol:
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#1727 » by buckboy » Wed Jan 6, 2021 8:08 pm

I don't think he's using 20 points in a game as some sort of barometer. It's just something that's being talked about in other threads.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,148

Post#1728 » by MissKhriddleton » Thu Jan 7, 2021 2:29 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:

even ppgz is better than how many times has a guy hit 20 in his career. its amazing it even got brought up and even more amazing that comment was even engaged :nonono:
from now on when im trying to assess defense im going to look for individual game highs on blocks and steals :lol:

It’s like you been seeing this chick, right? You usually pay for things and it’s no big deal because you got plenty of money. But it’s nice when she offers to pay every once in awhile just to know she’s capable of being that kind of person. You’ve been going out for a few years she’s definitely paid a handful of times. But you’re having trouble thinking of a specific instance...HOLY **** SHES NEVER PAID ONCE!! RED FLAG! RED FLAG!
coolhandluke121
RealGM

Post#1729 » by coolhandluke121 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 2:36 am

MissKhriddleton wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:even ppgz is better than how many times has a guy hit 20 in his career. its amazing it even got brought up and even more amazing that comment was even engaged :nonono:

It’s like you been seeing this chick, right? You usually pay for things and it’s no big deal because you got plenty of money. But it’s nice when she offers to pay every once in awhile just to know she’s capable of being that kind of person. You’ve been going out for a few years she’s definitely paid a handful of times. But you’re having trouble thinking of a specific instance...HOLY **** SHES NEVER PAID ONCE!! RED FLAG! RED FLAG!

Are you trying to be funny? This is a terrible analogy. Furthermore all that DDV has to "pay" is helping the Bucks win, and he does that all the **** time. I have trouble believing you're even remotely serious about this argument so I'm not sure what else to say about it.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks