ImageImage

OT: TV and Movie Thread (with spoilers)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Re: OT: TV and Movie Thread (with spoilers) 

Post#1981 » by HurricaneKid » Tue May 14, 2019 3:18 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
HurricaneKid wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Uhh then what's this?

If you're ignoring the comics and going only by the films you're willfully ignorant of the evolution of the character of Tony Stark, literally beginning from the start of IM1 to the end of IM1.
Yes. IN THE MOVIES. Tony Stark said "IDGAF. I'm Iron Man" at the end of IM. It was always supposed to be his arrogance and hubris that took him down. Instead they turn the brash and brazenly confident Stark into a sniveling coward who welcomes people telling him what to do in Civil War. That's not adjacent to the character that built all this in IM1.

Sent from my VS995 using RealGM mobile app

What? Huh? He saw f*cking ALIENS. He went up into space and basically died. I don't know how you think that doesn't do some messed up stuff to your head.
You are far more forgiving than I am. Your sympathy for the plight of turned out Captain America because of everything he has been through is unearned. BTW, that excuses any and all absurdities.

Sent from my VS995 using RealGM mobile app
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,651

Post#1982 » by TroyD92 » Tue May 14, 2019 3:26 am

Star Wars movies are one of those things I’m glad I’ve hated my whole life.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,015

Post#1983 » by ReasonablySober » Tue May 14, 2019 3:27 am

No idea what any of that means, but okay.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,762

Post#1984 » by HaroldinGMinor » Tue May 14, 2019 3:33 am

Pretty sure this exchange could go verbatim into a Patton Oswalt sketch show
BMatt07
Starter
And1: 2,139

Post#1985 » by BMatt07 » Tue May 14, 2019 4:07 am

There are so many problems with TLJ that it's borderline comical. The movie was just terrible.

It was more than just the alt-right that disliked that steaming dump of a movie.. pretending otherwise is beyond stupid.
hege53190
Head Coach
And1: 2,671

Post#1986 » by hege53190 » Tue May 14, 2019 10:04 am

HaroldinGMinor wrote:
hege53190 wrote:
HaroldinGMinor wrote:
A shame is Michael Bay's success at the box office. Last Jedi has a 91% critic rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

I don’t understand why the critic rating is the rating everyone uses on rotten tomatoes. It is not just you, I see it every where. IMO the audience score is much more reliable rating system. The Last Jedi got a 44% from the audience.

Because audiences are generally dumb?

To wit:

Never saw any transformers after the first one because even though I loved everything Transformers as a kid it just wasn't my bag. So I can't comment on the quality of the movie. But they made one after age of extinction. It did $1.1 billion worldwide. I mean a 51% audience rating means it is a middling to bad movie. Which it probably is.

On the other hand a 91% rating means it is really good. Which TLJ definitely isn't. Audience score on rotten tomatoes is 10x better of a recommendation than critics score.

Are you watching a movie with a 51% audience score on rotten tomatoes?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks