ImageImage

OT: TV and Movie Thread (with spoilers)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,644

Re: OT: TV and Movie Thread (with spoilers) 

Post#21 » by SupremeHustle » Wed Oct 3, 2018 2:36 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Holy ****.........that's Christian Bale underneath all that makeup?

My sentiments exactly.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,873

Post#22 » by emunney » Wed Oct 3, 2018 2:47 pm

Oscar hunting like a mf but that impression is UNCANNY and freaks me out a little.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,349

Post#23 » by jute2003 » Wed Oct 3, 2018 2:47 pm

I agree. The first two seasons were very very good. They maintained the humor of the movies while also digging into Riggs heartbreaking past. It was one of the only shows that I cared if I saw every week.

This seasons first episode was not promising. Hopefully Stifler settles in and improves but he's definitely not as good of fit as Crawford.
ReasonablySober wrote:I really enjoyed the first two seasons of Lethal Weapon and it was a bummer to see Clayne Crawford fired. Sean Williams Scott is his replacement and if the first episode last night is any indication, I might be dumping the show. That said, it was good seeing Maggie Lawson working again.
only a fan, only an opinion
jute2003
Lead Assistant

Post#24 » by jute2003 » Wed Oct 3, 2018 2:53 pm

I didnt catch it but the trailer looked promising. Did it seem like it was really questionable acting or was it just awful writing?
Aaron It Out wrote:Watched the premiere of Manifest. Not sure how I feel about it yet, but it was interesting enough that I'll tune in next week. I thought the acting started out pretty bad though, so I hope that improves.
Aaron It Out
General Manager
And1: 3,101

Post#25 » by Aaron It Out » Wed Oct 3, 2018 2:56 pm

jute2003 wrote:I didnt catch it but the trailer looked promising. Did it seem like it was really questionable acting or was it just awful writing?
Aaron It Out wrote:Watched the premiere of Manifest. Not sure how I feel about it yet, but it was interesting enough that I'll tune in next week. I thought the acting started out pretty bad though, so I hope that improves.
I was debating between the two. I went with bad acting in hopes that it's a chemistry thing that would develop as the show went on. Some of the dialogue was questionable though. I'm still interested to see where it's going, but I won't hesitate to stop watching.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
EastSideBucksFan wrote:At some point this board is going to have to drop their stupid bullsht agendas and just enjoy the team for once.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,677

Post#26 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Oct 3, 2018 3:23 pm

Iheartfootball wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:Plowing through Better Call Saul and I prefer it to Breaking Bad.

I know some people who feel the same way. I like BCS but I still prefer BB. While it's interesting to see how things developed pre BB the fact that we know the outcome of most (not all) of these characters and plots diminishes BCS somewhat. I hope at some point they jump past BB and go full time to Omaha. I don't know if Gilligan ever plans to do that though or if he will end BCS where BB begins. But I think there's a reason he jumps to Omaha at the beginning of each season. We'll see.

Gosh I hope so (continuing the Omaha story). I was thinking the same thing. That show could go on for years. I love the slow burn and could watch Odenkirk all day and night.

SNL-Mr. Show-BB/BCS. He's been a huge part of entertaining me for years.

I think we'll get a pretty healthy dose of Omaha by the end of this series. They have went to it too often with little bread crumbs to not have some payoff.

I like the show and will continue to watch but at this point I do think some of the criticism about them basically running Jimmy and Mike as two completely different stories is valid. IMO the storylines should be move blended together by now.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,170

Post#27 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Oct 3, 2018 7:04 pm

jute2003 wrote:I agree. The first two seasons were very very good. They maintained the humor of the movies while also digging into Riggs heartbreaking past. It was one of the only shows that I cared if I saw every week.

This seasons first episode was not promising. Hopefully Stifler settles in and improves but he's definitely not as good of fit as Crawford.
ReasonablySober wrote:I really enjoyed the first two seasons of Lethal Weapon and it was a bummer to see Clayne Crawford fired. Sean Williams Scott is his replacement and if the first episode last night is any indication, I might be dumping the show. That said, it was good seeing Maggie Lawson working again.

Now Wayans is quitting after this 13 episode season.

“I’m going to be quitting the show in December after we finish the initial 13,” Wayans said in a video interview. “So I really don’t know what they’re planning, but that’s what I’m planning. I’m a 58-year-old diabetic and I’m working 16-hour days.”

:roll:

Wish he would have just quit after season 2. Crawford could have stayed.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,853

Post#28 » by blazza18 » Wed Oct 3, 2018 9:25 pm

Only caught bits and pieces of what happened with LW but Wayans has come off as a diva the entire time.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
emunney
RealGM

Post#29 » by emunney » Wed Oct 3, 2018 10:30 pm

I will be The Lethal Weapon call me
jute2003
Lead Assistant

Post#30 » by jute2003 » Thu Oct 4, 2018 2:25 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
jute2003 wrote:I agree. The first two seasons were very very good. They maintained the humor of the movies while also digging into Riggs heartbreaking past. It was one of the only shows that I cared if I saw every week.

Now Wayans is quitting after this 13 episode season.

“I’m going to be quitting the show in December after we finish the initial 13,” Wayans said in a video interview. “So I really don’t know what they’re planning, but that’s what I’m planning. I’m a 58-year-old diabetic and I’m working 16-hour days.”

:roll:

Wish he would have just quit after season 2. Crawford could have stayed.
I didnt mind Wayans in this role. He isnt a bad actor. Looks like Lethal Weapon is dead.
emunney
RealGM

Post#31 » by emunney » Thu Oct 4, 2018 4:05 pm

Watched the first episode of Maniac last night and liked it a lot. Please don't tell me if it becomes very bad.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Oct 4, 2018 4:41 pm

emunney wrote:Watched the first episode of Maniac last night and liked it a lot. Please don't tell me if it becomes very bad.

It gets very silly.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,945

Post#33 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Oct 4, 2018 4:48 pm

I don't understand how Jonah Hill keeps getting all these serious dramatic roles.
emunney
RealGM

Post#34 » by emunney » Thu Oct 4, 2018 5:58 pm

He's a good actor!
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#35 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Oct 4, 2018 7:15 pm

****. This looks amazing.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#36 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Oct 5, 2018 1:04 pm

new season of Man in the High Castle arrived today. It's been almost two years since season 2 and I barely remember a thing about it, much less where they left off. But I think I remember liking it,,?
RubberSoul
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,877

Post#37 » by RubberSoul » Fri Oct 5, 2018 3:02 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:new season of Man in the High Castle arrived today. It's been almost two years since season 2 and I barely remember a thing about it, much less where they left off. But I think I remember liking it,,?

Exactly I was excited for this show about a year ago but I barely remember a thing about it. Really don’t feel like rewatching just to remember.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Oct 5, 2018 3:05 pm

RubberSoul wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:new season of Man in the High Castle arrived today. It's been almost two years since season 2 and I barely remember a thing about it, much less where they left off. But I think I remember liking it,,?

Exactly I was excited for this show about a year ago but I barely remember a thing about it. Really don’t feel like rewatching just to remember.

I scoffed at the length here but I watched all 30 minutes and I'm glad I did, because it does a great job getting you amped for the 3rd season.
RubberSoul
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,877

Post#39 » by RubberSoul » Fri Oct 5, 2018 7:34 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
RubberSoul wrote:

I scoffed at the length here but I watched all 30 minutes and I'm glad I did, because it does a great job getting you amped for the 3rd season.

Perfect recap it’s amazing how much I forgot. Amped to start season 3 now.
0BobLobLaw0
Starter
And1: 2,022

Post#40 » by 0BobLobLaw0 » Sat Oct 6, 2018 3:56 am

Just finished breaking bad for the 3rd time through. Don't know that I'll ever get sick of watching that show.
Why should you go to jail for a crime someone else noticed? You don't need double talk... You need Bob Loblaw.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks