ImageImage

ATL - 2018-19 Regular Season - Jimmy Butler to Sixers pg. 73

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,163

Re: ATL - 2018-19 Regular Season - Jimmy Butler to Sixers pg. 73 

Post#1881 » by DingleJerry » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:23 pm

If that were the case it would create a big problem for them since they don't have a path other than league min salaries and 2nd rd picks to replace Draymond. They'd still be favorites with the big 3 scorers, but they don't really have a route to acquire a replacement. They'd have to get lucky on a 2nd round pick again or have someone like Bell really step up, but so far I don't think he's shown the signs
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,055

Post#1882 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:26 pm

Treebeard wrote:The cynic in me sees that sports fans(myself included), in general, are more willing to overlook some pretty egregious off-the-field behavior than others. It seems the only real unforgivable sin is throwing a game.

Correct. Some may remember Angels outfielder Luis Polonia when he came to Milwaukee and was arrested for an incident similar to Kobe. He served some jail time but ultimately kept his MLB career going because he could play. He was sort of the in-between athlete. Not good enough to avoid jail time but good enough to resume his career immediately afterwards.

I went the Bucks-Lakers game at the BC in November of 2003 a couple months after the Kobe incident. Were upwards of 500-750 females there ages 14-60 wearing Kobe jerseys. The public weighed in that they didn't care.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,676

Post#1883 » by chonestown » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:29 pm

FWIW, I think its personality issues at the heart of the KD-Draymond conflict. Sad thing is I don't know how they resolve it.
Isocleas2
Veteran
And1: 513

Post#1884 » by Isocleas2 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:39 pm

DingleJerry wrote:If that were the case it would create a big problem for them since they don't have a path other than league min salaries and 2nd rd picks to replace Draymond. They'd still be favorites with the big 3 scorers, but they don't really have a route to acquire a replacement. They'd have to get lucky on a 2nd round pick again or have someone like Bell really step up, but so far I don't think he's shown the signs

If they trade Draymond they can acquire a few rotation pieces on cheaper deals. Someone like Miami, Boston, Clippers etc who have a deep roster and may want to trade a few for a bigger star. Roleplayers are all the Warriors would need to stay competitive with the splash bros + Durant.

If Durant walks they get nothing for him and have no cap space to sign anyone else. Then it's like you said praying some 2nd round picks and vet minimum players can contribute.

Edit: Draymond is on a bargain deal now but word is he wants a max deal in 2020, if you're the Warriors do you really want to pay that? Especially if they already have 3 max players on the payroll?
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#1885 » by DingleJerry » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:51 pm

Isocleas2 wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:If that were the case it would create a big problem for them since they don't have a path other than league min salaries and 2nd rd picks to replace Draymond. They'd still be favorites with the big 3 scorers, but they don't really have a route to acquire a replacement. They'd have to get lucky on a 2nd round pick again or have someone like Bell really step up, but so far I don't think he's shown the signs

If they trade Draymond they can acquire a few rotation pieces on cheaper deals. Someone like Miami, Boston, Clippers etc who have a deep roster and may want to trade a few for a bigger star. Roleplayers are all the Warriors would need to stay competitive with the splash bros + Durant.

If Durant walks they get nothing for him and have no cap space to sign anyone else. Then it's like you said praying some 2nd round picks and vet minimum players can contribute.

True, they'd have to trade Dray rather than let him walk for nothing. I suppose if KD demands it you do it but otherwise you might as well take your 4 peat and worry about it later. Still, I think we're jumping to conclusions that they're at ultimatum stage since this isn't the first incident and they've made up before just fine. I'd guess tensions like this exist in all locker rooms, they're just a bit more public at GSW and its shown in some huddles due to Dray being crazy.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#1886 » by M-C-G » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:59 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
ackypoo wrote:
M-C-G wrote:Can anyone give me the summary of what is going on with Golden State? What is really going on there?

media over dramatization.

i think the media is just getting the tip of the iceberg

I remember vague reports last year too, that not all was well in that locker room. You may be right.
jmart762
Pro Prospect
And1: 430

Post#1887 » by jmart762 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:02 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
ackypoo wrote:
M-C-G wrote:Can anyone give me the summary of what is going on with Golden State? What is really going on there?

media over dramatization.

Remember West's comments, was that last year?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using RealGM mobile app
ackypoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,355

Post#1888 » by ackypoo » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:04 pm

M-C-G wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
ackypoo wrote:media over dramatization.

I remember vague reports last year too, that not all was well in that locker room. You may be right.

ok cool. so they hate each other and their relationship is a growing cancer.

so warriors in 5 instead of 4 this year?
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,733

Post#1889 » by emunney » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:05 pm

chonestown wrote:FWIW, I think its personality issues at the heart of the KD-Draymond conflict. Sad thing is I don't know how they resolve it.

People say this jokingly but they would both benefit from talk therapy. I don't think their egos would allow for it, though.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
emunney
RealGM

Post#1890 » by emunney » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:09 pm

LeBron's apparently rock solid mental health is maybe the most astounding thing about him.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,006

Post#1891 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:09 pm

ackypoo wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:

just not feeling your casual approach to this. rumors that punches were thrown which actually explains the suspension. kd isn't coming back. gs may shake up the roster midseason proactively in the hope they can change his mind. this stink is going to follow them around and grow all year. its the story in sports and these guys arent going to all of a sudden get over it. i just dont believe it
emunney
RealGM

Post#1892 » by emunney » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:20 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
ackypoo wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

just not feeling your casual approach to this. rumors that punches were thrown which actually explains the suspension. kd isn't coming back. gs may shake up the roster midseason proactively in the hope they can change his mind. this stink is going to follow them around and grow all year. its the story in sports and these guys arent going to all of a sudden get over it. i just dont believe it

I can see it breaking either way... sometimes these guys reconcile (Kobe and Shaq the first few times) and sometimes they don't (Kobe and Shaq the last time). I do get the sense that Durant is looking for a new challenge regardless. He's restless and knows that people aren't weighting these rings the same as they would have if he'd won them in OKC, or LeBron's Cleveland ring, or most saliently if he somehow wins one with the Knicks or even just returns them to national prominence.
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,915

Post#1893 » by Brewhoopfan » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:22 pm

Draymond is a very good player, and I think his intensity helps to make everyone around him better. In the long term, that act will wear thin and eventually you can't take it anymore. I also think he's a front runner, and he's lucky to have landed on a loaded and successful team. If he landed on a below .500 team, he may have imploded himself out of the league already.
emunney
RealGM

Post#1894 » by emunney » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:25 pm

Does he get traded for Butler if this happens a week ago?
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,484

Post#1895 » by SupremeHustle » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:27 pm

emunney wrote:LeBron's apparently rock solid mental health is maybe the most astounding thing about him.

https://thebiglead.com/2018/11/12/lebron-james-lakers-struggles-cracked/
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
emunney
RealGM

Post#1896 » by emunney » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:28 pm

Also can we talk a second about the initiating event? What the hell was Draymond doing on that play? He's not a threat to pull up and he just dribbled into the entire Clippers team.
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#1897 » by DingleJerry » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:34 pm

emunney wrote:Also can we talk a second about the initiating event? What the hell was Draymond doing on that play? He's not a threat to pull up and he just dribbled into the entire Clippers team.

Exactly what I said to my friends. Draymond was clearly wrong here but instead of just admitting his mistake and moving on, in true jerk fashion he doesn't back down and gets in a fight about it while bringing up unrelated things. I think we all know someone like this and some are married to them.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,676

Post#1898 » by chonestown » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:42 pm

emunney wrote:LeBron's apparently rock solid mental health is maybe the most astounding thing about him.

I'm convinced handling the spotlight is a talent. Take Kim Kardashian. It is staggering that she has not had one meltdown and that there is zero catty gossip revolving around her, while she operates her life in the televised world.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,018

Post#1899 » by humanrefutation » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:48 pm

LeBron has a helluva support system around him. It's easier to feel secure mentally when you've got people around you who will build you back up when basketball/the media/the public/life tries to tear you down.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#1900 » by buckboy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:52 pm

I can't see them trading Green. I can't see Durant re-signing there, but of course they know more than I do.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."

Return to Milwaukee Bucks