ImageImage

Bucks Trades/Transactions/News - Meeks Waived

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Jimmmycrackcorn
Sixth Man
And1: 983

Re: Bucks Trades/Transactions/News 2018-19 Seasoon - Thon & Wilson Options Picked Up 

Post#981 » by Jimmmycrackcorn » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:39 pm

LedZepp007 wrote:I know it’s tempting to bite on Washington’s fire sale, but why? Is Beal really any better than Middleton? Is Wall more impactful than Bledsoe? Unless we can get Beal for a pick, Brogdon, and trash to make the salary work I’m not interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cuz youcan play Beal next to Middleton. Beal at the 2 instead of Brogdon is like going from a Model T to a Ferrari.
LedZepp007
General Manager
And1: 3,523

Re: Bucks Trades/Transactions/News 2018-19 Seasoon - Thon & Wilson Options Picked Up 

Post#982 » by LedZepp007 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:43 pm

Jimmmycrackcorn wrote:
LedZepp007 wrote:I know it’s tempting to bite on Washington’s fire sale, but why? Is Beal really any better than Middleton? Is Wall more impactful than Bledsoe? Unless we can get Beal for a pick, Brogdon, and trash to make the salary work I’m not interested.

Cuz youcan play Beal next to Middleton. Beal at the 2 instead of Brogdon is like going from a Model T to a Ferrari.

No way we get Beal without giving up Middleton or Bledsoe. Unless Washington really loses it and wants to take on injured Henson and Tony Snell.

The Bulls are the absolute worst.
LedZepp007
General Manager
And1: 3,523

Post#983 » by LedZepp007 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:44 pm

jschligs wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
LedZepp007 wrote:Also, I don’t want to totally **** on the guy, but LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Gery Woelfel!

Oh no. What did he do now?

I'm assuming he's still referencing his Wizards prediction.

That being said, he deserves to get some **** for it. He's supposed to be an insider and know his stuff. His article was absolute garbage.

Yes. Referencing Gery’s predictions. Bucks are top 2 in the league and Washington is a dumpster fire

The Bulls are the absolute worst.
BJ Sandered
Starter
And1: 1,795

Post#984 » by BJ Sandered » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:30 pm

LedZepp007 wrote:
jschligs wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Oh no. What did he do now?

That being said, he deserves to get some **** for it. He's supposed to be an insider and know his stuff. His article was absolute garbage.

Yes. Referencing Gery’s predictions. Bucks are top 2 in the league and Washington is a dumpster fire

Jezus, Gery's wild take gets worse and worse by the day. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Some heroes wear headbands instead of capes.
Jimmmycrackcorn
Sixth Man
And1: 983

Post#985 » by Jimmmycrackcorn » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:07 pm

I heard a rant from Winkler this morning that he knows people hate Gery, and yet he's still an insider and he's sick of people complaining to him that Gery sucks. :lol:
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#986 » by LuessiT » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:30 pm

LedZepp007 wrote:
Jimmmycrackcorn wrote:

No way we get Beal without giving up Middleton or Bledsoe. Unless Washington really loses it and wants to take on injured Henson and Tony Snell.

I mean the idea (exept for Fotis who wants to give up neither) is to give up Bledsoe+ for Beal. Beal is in his seventh season but is only 25 (younger than Brogdon), shoots 8.2 3PA's per game (in comparison Middleton has 8.5 this season and 4.9 last season) and is signed for two more seasons after this year.
So if you get Beal without giving up Middleton and get the latter to extend you have a big three consisting of Giannis + 2 all star caliber high volume 3 point shooters in a reasonable age bracket (23/24, 25 & 27). That is pretty much the best you can hope for except some unreliable big 4 dreams like the Warriors team.

Wether that is feasable is another thing.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,686

Post#987 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:45 pm

Guess this comes down to whether you want Giannis/Middleton/Beal or Bledsoe/Giannis/Middleton/BroLo. Because you're basically punting on re-signing both of BroLo/Bledsoe if you're gonna tie up that much of your cap room in 3 players.
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#988 » by tedbrogen » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:57 pm

If the Bucks traded Bledsoe plus another contract and a couple picks for Beal, couldn't they then sign Brook to the full MLE in the off-season before re-signing Middleton? Sure, they'd end up in the luxury tax but they'd have Beal, Middleton, Giannis, Brook, Ersan, and DDV all under team control for two more years and another year of min salary Patty. They'd just need to find a couple ring chasing vets to play for the minimum.
slos
Starter
And1: 1,194

Post#989 » by slos » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:00 pm

Since we owe that pick to Phoenix, I think it would help our Beal chances if WAS dealt Porter first. IMO they have to deal those two guys, since it's impossible to move Wall's contract for good value.

Should Washington do a Mirotic, Hill, NOP 2019 1st deal for Porter (and Bryant), the future 1sts we are able to give will be more appealing to them than they are now. You offer then Brogdon, DDV, Ilyasova, Snell (or Delly), 2022 and 2024 1sts and see what happens.

That would heart our depth, but I wouldn't care with Bledsoe, Beal, Middleton, Giannis, Lopez in my starting 5. Delly, Pat, Brown, Maker, Henson (and then Meeks, Wilson, Wood...) would be maybe the worst second unit in the league, but this is more easily fixable.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#990 » by EastSideBucksFan » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:00 pm

Jimmmycrackcorn wrote:I heard a rant from Winkler this morning that he knows people hate Gery, and yet he's still an insider and he's sick of people complaining to him that Gery sucks. :lol:

The only way to make Woelfel disappear is to stop engaging with the station and especially complaining about him.

He gets clicks, he gets downloads, he gets ratings for them.

There's a reason guys like Skip Bayless stick around.

Gery has found his second wind niche and he can ride being a troll if he embraces it.
vollbc74
Freshman
And1: 22

Post#991 » by vollbc74 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:06 pm

Bucks out: Bledsoe, Snell, Wilson, DDV, 22 FRP
Bucks in: Beal & Satoransky

Bucks get Beal at the cost of Bledsoe and 2 future assets

Wizards out: Wall, Beal, Satoransky
Wizards in: Bledsoe, Anderson, Jackson, DDV, 21 FRP

Wizards clear the deck and open 41M in cap room for next year and another 36M in 2020. Jackson, DDV, and FRP give them cheap assets for the future

Suns out: Anderson, Jackson
Suns in: Wall, Snell, Wilson

Suns get their impact PG to pair with Ayton and Booker and shed Anderson.

Probably biased for MKE, but hey, it’s the MKE board 8-)

Brogdon/Satoransky/Delly
Beal/Connaugton
Middleton/Brown
Giannis/Ersan/Thon
Brook/Henson/Wood
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#992 » by LuessiT » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:45 pm

tedbrogen wrote:If the Bucks traded Bledsoe plus another contract and a couple picks for Beal, couldn't they then sign Brook to the full MLE in the off-season before re-signing Middleton? Sure, they'd end up in the luxury tax but they'd have Beal, Middleton, Giannis, Brook, Ersan, and DDV all under team control for two more years and another year of min salary Patty. They'd just need to find a couple ring chasing vets to play for the minimum.

Using the MLE hardcaps you.
tombrokaw
Ballboy
And1: 8

Post#993 » by tombrokaw » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:46 pm

JR for Delly and DJ. According to Windhorst, JR can be waived for just $3.8M next summer due to some old CBA language.
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,480

Post#994 » by neiLz » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:55 pm

BJ Sandered wrote:
LedZepp007 wrote:
jschligs wrote:

Jezus, Gery's wild take gets worse and worse by the day. :lol: :lol: :lol:

just checked up on gery woeful:

@GeryWoelfel

You are blocked from following @GeryWoelfel and viewing @GeryWoelfel's Tweets. Learn more.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#995 » by raferfenix » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:15 pm

I'm nervous about whether Bledsoe can keep this level of play up after he gets paid.

Either way if he keeps playing this well someone is going to pay him a lot. Probably us.

He's looking like a pretty great compliment to Giannis at the moment and Bud thinks he's "special."

That might change the calculus on other moves or non-moves if we're going to avoid a crazy cap sheet.
Bucks in 6
Junior
And1: 128

Post#996 » by Bucks in 6 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:03 pm

Is there any way we can keep Lopez on the team after this year?
slos
Starter
And1: 1,194

Post#997 » by slos » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:13 pm

LuessiT wrote:
tedbrogen wrote:If the Bucks traded Bledsoe plus another contract and a couple picks for Beal, couldn't they then sign Brook to the full MLE in the off-season before re-signing Middleton? Sure, they'd end up in the luxury tax but they'd have Beal, Middleton, Giannis, Brook, Ersan, and DDV all under team control for two more years and another year of min salary Patty. They'd just need to find a couple ring chasing vets to play for the minimum.

Using the MLE hardcaps you.

Yes, but next year you get hardcaped at around 140 mil right? It can be enough to keep the team together.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,900

Post#998 » by jschligs » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:21 pm

Bucks in 6 wrote:Is there any way we can keep Lopez on the team after this year?

Yea, hope he is willing to sacrifice money to stay on a contender, with teammates and a coach/system he likes. He's thriving here.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,163

Post#999 » by DingleJerry » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:25 pm

Clearing Delly for an expiring would be huge. If what someone posted earlier that there is an out in JR's contract he might not be a bad move. he generally cleaned up his headcase stuff and played hard while Cle was contending, he shocking was one of their best late game defenders. Still, he's risky of course with his headcase stuff but his sharpshooting would fit and he can at least be on the floor defensively unlike Korver (plus not signed next year, if that was accurate).
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,665

Post#1000 » by TroyD92 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:33 pm

Wilson/Thon/Delly/Meeks/Washington 2nd for Korver/Smith?

Probably not enough there for Cleveland.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks