ImageImage

Bucks Trades/Transactions/News - Meeks Waived

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,588

Re: Bucks Trades/Transactions/News 2018-19 Seasoon - Thon & Wilson Options Picked Up 

Post#1021 » by blazza18 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:38 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
blazza18 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
Delly was a Horst guy?

Not really the point is it?

He was given the job because he worked next to/under Hammond for years and is a self proclaimed cap expert. He deserves some criticism for being a part of giving out terrible contracts and signings.

we have the top record and srs in the league within 1.5 years of horst taking the job. tons of value deals and moves that improved us in his short tenure.

that seems like a reach to lay delly on him imo

We have a top record and SRS because we have a top 10 coach, a top 5 player, and our 2nd-3rd best players are being used better.

Patty C and Lopez are great value no doubt. Horst bought out the last year of Hawes and gave Snell his player option contract as well. And I'm not laying Delly on him. I'm pointing out that the owners thought it was a positive that he'd worked with Hammond. If that's true then he warrants blame for us being so mediocre.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,997

Re: Bucks Trades/Transactions/News 2018-19 Seasoon - Thon & Wilson Options Picked Up 

Post#1022 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:03 am

blazza18 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
blazza18 wrote:
Not really the point is it?

He was given the job because he worked next to/under Hammond for years and is a self proclaimed cap expert. He deserves some criticism for being a part of giving out terrible contracts and signings.

we have the top record and srs in the league within 1.5 years of horst taking the job. tons of value deals and moves that improved us in his short tenure.

that seems like a reach to lay delly on him imo

We have a top record and SRS because we have a top 10 coach, a top 5 player, and our 2nd-3rd best players are being used better.

Patty C and Lopez are great value no doubt. Horst bought out the last year of Hawes and gave Snell his player option contract as well. And I'm not laying Delly on him. I'm pointing out that the owners thought it was a positive that he'd worked with Hammond. If that's true then he warrants blame for us being so mediocre.

what does the owners logic have anything to do with whether horst is responsble for delly or not. our owners are basketball **** just like most other owners are. maybe owners wanted delly. or Hammond did. or kidd did. honestly at this point who gives a ****. but horst didnt sign delly. he may have counseled against it for all we know. he didnt draft giannis or trade for middleton either. horst signed lopez, ersan, pat, traded for bledsoe, hired bud after trying to get kidd fired early, drafted ddv.

his two scars are dj and perhaps snell. pin that **** on him if you want. pinning delly on him is ridculous imo. it seems like youre grinding an axe for some weird reason to bring him into it. if he stretches delly then then he stretches delly and that would probably be a positive move too
buckbeer
Bench Warmer
And1: 874

Post#1023 » by buckbeer » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:35 am

Trade Bledsoe, Snell, and a 1st round pick for Bradley Beal

PG: Brogdon..... DDV...... Delly
SG: Beal...……... Pat....... Meeks
SF: Middleton... Brown.... Wilson
PF: Giannis...... Ersan…....Wood
C: Lopez...…... Henson.... Thon
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,594

Post#1024 » by TroyD92 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:53 am

buckbeer wrote:Trade Bledsoe, Snell, and a 1st round pick for Bradley Beal

PG: Brogdon..... DDV...... Delly
SG: Beal...……... Pat....... Meeks
SF: Middleton... Brown.... Wilson
PF: Giannis...... Ersan…....Wood
C: Lopez...…... Henson.... Thon

Why would Washington do this?
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,588

Post#1025 » by blazza18 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:17 am

GoS you've wrongly overreacted to a comment about Delly and blown it out of proportion. I don't care to argue about why I don't think highly of Horst.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,716

Post#1026 » by AussieBuck » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:25 am

Signing Snell to that contract compounds the cap cluster **** from the existing bad contracts of Delly and Henson. "Cap expert" shouldn't have dug us deeper in the ****.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
imithanos
Starter
And1: 657

Post#1027 » by imithanos » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:56 am

AussieBuck wrote:Signing Snell to that contract compounds the cap cluster **** from the existing bad contracts of Delly and Henson. "Cap expert" shouldn't have dug us deeper in the ****.
Not only this, but the team offered him this contract on July 1st to a RFA!!!!!
Had they waited, it would be a To instead of a PO and at $8m
No hay banda.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,880

Post#1028 » by Fotis St » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:25 am

Snell took the same contract as Barton and paid more than for ex. Bogdanovic (Indiana) who are both far superior players than him and have lead their teams to wins. Haven't seen Snell lead us to wins ... not sure he is able to lead his dog (if he has one). I like his character, his ethic but he is the definition of "overpaid" ...( Delly too). Having said all that, the league has alot of overpaid players, due to the fact that players max their "energy and effort" on contract year. Fortunately Bud's scheme highlights Snell's strength, someone might bite and consider him a neutral contract with upside.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,246

Post#1029 » by HKPackFan » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:39 am

Wow. Was not expecting this. Someone acknowledging the big market vs small market bias, and how a team like the bucks in a big city would be front page news.

This was very refreshing.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/martin-rogers/2018/11/20/nba-giannis-antetokounmpo-milwaukee-bucks-real-deal/2071242002/
Pay attention: Giannis Antetokounmpo and the Milwaukee Bucks are the real deal

It is pretty hard to duck under the radar when you have the second-best record and possibly the very best player in the NBA turning in nightly heroics with a highlight-friendly swagger, but the Milwaukee Bucks are managing it.

The Bucks aren’t the forgotten team of the association by any stretch, not with Giannis Antetokounmpo’s freakish talents spawning a 12-4 start filled with eye-catching wins and excellence at both ends of the floor.

But … still. We hear about the Bucks, and we could be hearing a whole lot more come playoff time, yet imagine if this Milwaukee revolution was taking place in New York or Chicago or Los Angeles. The Big Apple went wild for Jeremy Lin and swooned quickly over Kristaps Porzingis. How many milliseconds would it take for the city to lose its mind over a superstar like the Greek Freak and a team as skilled and engaged as these Bucks?

Los Angeles has LeBron-mania operating as a constant reality show, but what if the Lakers were legitimate title contenders, too? We might never hear of anything else.

There would be billboards and cocky predictions of imminent glory and tributes dotting Hollywood Boulevard or downtown. Meanwhile, the Milwaukee might not even have the focus it is worthy of in its own city.

The Bucks are surely beloved, but Wisconsin sports lovers have had plenty of other distractions recently, with the Brewers going deep in the baseball postseason on the back of manager Craig Counsell’s creative tinkering and the Green Bay Packers, while floundering on the road, providing non-stop fodder for debate while still clinging to hopes of a playoff spot.

But don’t let the lack of deserved attention fool you. The Bucks might not occupy a permanent place in the spotlight, but they are the real deal on the floor, a concentrated and cohesive group under coach Mike Budenholzer that set the Golden State Warriors on its ongoing run of suffering with a resounding Bay Area beatdown on Nov. 8.

Antetokounmpo is the headliner and the 23-year-old is taking over games with regularity this season. In Eric Bledsoe he has an ideal and hard-striving foil, while Khris Middleton and Malcolm Brogdon are also firing.

It hasn’t all been smooth sailing, and here is where the reality that small market teams get judged by different criteria veers into the realms of unfairness. In back-to-back wins against Chicago and Denver, the Bucks began horribly and quickly found themselves in a hole, before responding spectacularly in the second half.

But this is still Milwaukee and the Bucks are still an unproven team, meaning the narrative across much of the NBA community fixated upon the early struggles rather than the blistering comeback and suggested that such wobbles will be punished more heavily in the playoffs. If it was elsewhere, the comeback might have been taken as a portent that this is a team with the spirit of a champion.

The truth likely lies somewhere in between, but Milwaukee is in the mix, and is on a journey worth following now, because it might be a long one. If they’re not on your radar yet, the radar is broken.
#FreeChuckDiesel
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#1030 » by LuessiT » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:06 pm

tedbrogen wrote:
LuessiT wrote:
tedbrogen wrote:Okay, so the Bucks could at most offer Brook the taxpayer MLE in case they need to go into the threshold to sign others or make an in season acquisition. That should be 3 years $16.8MM total. Hopefully that plus contending, plus Bud would be enough to keep him around.

I mean the other option would be to offer him a 1+1 (PO) full taxpayer MLE with the intention to opt out to then sign a long term contract with the Bucks. We'd then have early bird rights on Lopez which would allow us to offer him 120% of the average NBA players salary which is currently 10.61m. Of course we'd have to keep our promise. I think that one is actually decently likely if Lopez trusts the Bucks word.

Can't the Bucks get into huge trouble if there is a verbal deal or something similar to this (Joe Smith Wolves situation) or do they just assume his agent will understand "We'd love to give Brook $10mm right now, but we can only offer the tax MLE this season with a player option in year two. If he were to opt out, we would reassess at that point..."?

They could obviously lose some credit among players if they don't follow through. And Lopez may not want to resign with the Bucks. But there is no trouble otherwise.
SirChurros
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,798

Post#1031 » by SirChurros » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:21 pm

Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but I feel like Lopez would be willing to sign a short contract to play for the coach who has basically revitalized his career/given it more longevity.

He's a smart dude. I'm assuming he realizes we won't be able to pay him as much as others now, but knows what loyalty means.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,645

Post#1032 » by StickeeFingaz » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:43 pm

Watched some of the Wizards game last night and forgot just how dynamic Beal can be. I’d rather have him than Middleton. I also hope we would be interested in Porter.

Washington is such a mess that both of these guys will be better in a different situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#FreeChuckDiesel
SirChurros
Lead Assistant

Post#1033 » by SirChurros » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:44 pm

Also, I hope Horsty is on the phone trying to get JR. I'm not his biggest fan, but if you can dump Delly or Snell, I think JR still has enough value to be useful here.

And it seems like he wants to win.
NomNomNomParker
Starter
And1: 1,248

Post#1034 » by NomNomNomParker » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:52 pm

Delly for Fultz. Yes I'm serious, I think the kid needs a change of scenery and a coming of age moment. Could end up never realizing his potential and that's VERY LIKELY, but I'd gamble here.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,721

Post#1035 » by emunney » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:55 pm

NomNomNomParker wrote:Delly for Fultz. Yes I'm serious, I think the kid needs a change of scenery and a coming of age moment. Could end up never realizing his potential and that's VERY LIKELY, but I'd gamble here.

This is not a gamble.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
NomNomNomParker
Starter
And1: 1,248

Post#1036 » by NomNomNomParker » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:58 pm

emunney wrote:
NomNomNomParker wrote:Delly for Fultz. Yes I'm serious, I think the kid needs a change of scenery and a coming of age moment. Could end up never realizing his potential and that's VERY LIKELY, but I'd gamble here.

This is not a gamble.

Gamble in the sense that Fultz ever plays again...but yes, it's not really a gamble.
SirChurros
Lead Assistant

Post#1037 » by SirChurros » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:25 pm

I mean, Delly is never go to play again, so it's not a gamble at all.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,139

Post#1038 » by DingleJerry » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:30 pm

That would be a no brainer for MKE. I see no reason Philly would do it though with Delly's contract, you'd have to give picks, DDV or something to pay them for taking on that money.

Delly for JR actually makes a lot of sense as long they don't think JR is off his meds. It was reported the team can get out of next year of his deal for a couple mil.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,337

Post#1039 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:45 pm

A Delly reunion in Cleveland would be popular there but Smith has more value as an expiring.

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Bobicous
Junior
And1: 121

Post#1040 » by Bobicous » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:19 pm

How about this trade
Cavs Out JR, Korver In Delly, Thon, Wilson, Meeks, 2nd

Gives the Cavs 2 young guys, they can drop Meeks after the suspension, and a 2nd for rebuild and Delly can mentor Sexton and keep the fans happy.
Bucks get a 2 and spot up shooting for the 2nd unit and can save some money next year.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks