ImageImage

Bucks Trades/Transactions/News - Meeks Waived

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,911

Re: Bucks Trades/Transactions/News 2018-19 Seasoon - Thon & Wilson Options Picked Up 

Post#701 » by emunney » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:57 pm

LuessiT wrote:
emunney wrote:
LuessiT wrote:
We don't hold bird rights on BroLo so I just don't see it. There is no chance that we acquire significant cap space and it looks like we're a tax paying team next year. Is BroLo willing to sign for the tax payer MLE (or maybe the MLE)? I kinda doubt it.

MLE or tax payer MLE strikes me as very likely what he'll sign for. Only question is where. I think he's done with losing.

Think he wants a long term contract with some $ while winning. Tax payer MLE is 2 years max so I doubt it. I could see the full MLE (but imo he's going to get more) but it's also really hard for us to have access to that.

I don't think long term contract with some $ plus winning exists for a half-time C, even one who can shoot. Where are you thinking specifically?
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,841

Re: Bucks Trades/Transactions/News 2018-19 Seasoon - Thon & Wilson Options Picked Up 

Post#702 » by TroyD92 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:08 pm

Wisky4life wrote:Probably argue that this roster is our "Core" team going forward into next year, when the re-signings happen. Assuming we re-sign Brogdon, Lopez and Middleton

PG: FA...............Brogdon.......FA
SG: FA...............DDV............Brown
SF: Middleton......Snell...........Conny
PF: Giannis.........Ersan..........Wood
C: Lopez............Henson........Maker

Trade: Bledsoe, Delly, Wilson and "Meeks" ...................Trade for 2 and then draft a PG

I really don't think we should resign Bledsoe. I think he is honestly just a guy for this team. Once he gets paid, imo, he will get lazy and not contribute much. Pure assumption but I don't want even a 2 year $30 mil deal with him.

If you resign brogdon he has to be a starter considering the money you’ll need to spend.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,690

Post#703 » by LuessiT » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:37 pm

emunney wrote:
LuessiT wrote:
emunney wrote:
MLE or tax payer MLE strikes me as very likely what he'll sign for. Only question is where. I think he's done with losing.

Think he wants a long term contract with some $ while winning. Tax payer MLE is 2 years max so I doubt it. I could see the full MLE (but imo he's going to get more) but it's also really hard for us to have access to that.

I don't think long term contract with some $ plus winning exists for a half-time C, even one who can shoot. Where are you thinking specifically?

Nets, Mavs, Knicks and Clippers would be my guess. There are also the Pelicans and Lakers that make sense. Washington would make sense but they don't have money.
Wisky4life
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,075

Post#704 » by Wisky4life » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:46 pm

TroyD92 wrote:
Wisky4life wrote:Probably argue that this roster is our "Core" team going forward into next year, when the re-signings happen. Assuming we re-sign Brogdon, Lopez and Middleton

Trade: Bledsoe, Delly, Wilson and "Meeks" ...................Trade for 2 and then draft a PG

I really don't think we should resign Bledsoe. I think he is honestly just a guy for this team. Once he gets paid, imo, he will get lazy and not contribute much. Pure assumption but I don't want even a 2 year $30 mil deal with him.

If you resign brogdon he has to be a starter considering the money you’ll need to spend.

Yeah I assume he will continue to be the starter at either PG or SG. I just really think deep down he is the perfect 6th man, just like Ersan and DDV are.
“We’re going to turn this team around 360 degrees.” –Jason Kidd
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#705 » by Chapter29 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:47 pm

Fotis St wrote:Can we get Melo if he is cut waived ?

Should we sign him ?

Can we move Mids to SG and start him as SF ?

Brogdon will be our backup General.

Is it possible, meaning do we have cap space to do that ?

Having 2nd thoughts ... I thing he goes to team up with Lebron

Don't want Melo even if he paid us.
Giannis
is
UponUs
Wisky4life
Assistant Coach

Post#706 » by Wisky4life » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:47 pm

leroyjw10 wrote:

Agreed on Bledsoe. He's had his moments and will continue to have them, but he's way too much of a wildcard. We need more stability at PG.

The last 30 seconds last night was the Bledsoe experience to a T. Great backcourt steal followed by a mind-numbingly poor decision not to pull it back and burn clock.

Yeah way too much of a wildcard. I do believe the Bucks ride him out the rest of the year, but imo, if we can get some value out of him regarding a 1st round pick or a good player, I'd take that all day.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,911

Post#707 » by emunney » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:48 pm

LuessiT wrote:
emunney wrote:
LuessiT wrote:

Nets, Mavs, Knicks and Clippers would be my guess. There are also the Pelicans and Lakers that make sense. Washington would make sense but they don't have money.

The Clippers are the most likely team to tick both boxes and they're not particularly likely. All these teams have much stronger FA priorities than Lopez. I don't understand the Mavs' inclusion on this list at all.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,272

Post#708 » by LUKE23 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:50 pm

It will be interesting to see what the Bucks do. I'm guessing they want to bring back Middleton, Brogdon, and Lopez, just not sure if that is feasible. I'll be surprised if Bledsoe is re-signed.
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#709 » by Chapter29 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:51 pm

Brewhoopfan wrote:Lopez is shooting out of his mind. I hope he can continue, but a regression is likely. His value is at its highest right now.

Melo is toast.

He's also been put in a really good situation to succeed. I bet he has a really good year.

Melo is beyond toast.
Giannis
is
UponUs
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,690

Post#710 » by LuessiT » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:07 pm

emunney wrote:
LuessiT wrote:
emunney wrote:

The Clippers are the most likely team to tick both boxes and they're not particularly likely. All these teams have much stronger FA priorities than Lopez. I don't understand the Mavs' inclusion on this list at all.

All these teams have cap space somewhere between 1 and 2 max slots available and are in need of a starting center. Enough to attract one max free agent plus a complementary player. I don't know what your problem is with that list.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,281

Post#711 » by jakecronus8 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:09 pm

Anyone know if Meeks has been with the team? Or is it just biding our time until we can waive him? I'm thinking if they keep him maybe he takes Donte's minutes when his suspension is done and he gets up to game speed.
Do it for Chuck
slos
Starter
And1: 1,196

Post#712 » by slos » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:11 pm

Something about Bledsoe... It's a no brainer to me that both Midds and Brogdon should sign multi year contracts. It's up to Bucks FO to make it as less expensive as possible. Then you have the MLE (or tax exception) to keep Lopez. You keep him. Then? It's either Bledsoe or any random vet for the minimum. So you either trade now Bledsoe or you pay him next year.

At this point the best Bucks can do for next year is to pack Delly, Wilson and maybe a 2nd for an expiring. I would create some space to give Bledsoe a big one year contract, and keep the 2020 FA window open.

Bledsoe/1st 2019/Duval (two way)
Brogdon/DDV/Korkmaz/Brown
Middleton/Snell/Pat
Giannis/Ilyasova/Wood
Lopez/Henson/Maker

You have then one more year to move Snell for another expiring and try to make your mark in 2020 FA

xxxx/1st 2019/Duval
Brogdon/DDV/Korkmaz
Middleton/Pat/Brown
Giannis/Maker/Wood
xxxx/Lopez/2nd 2020
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,272

Post#713 » by LUKE23 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:11 pm

I'd be shocked if he played over DDV. Meeks is a better shooter, but DDV is better at probably everything else.
DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Post#714 » by DutchManDanFan » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:11 pm

Some questions to ask before we determine what kind of big trades are needed for future succes:
Do we think we can win a title with this core or do we need another top 15 player next to Giannis?
Do we ever have a chance if we have to face a loaded team like GSW every year?
How many titles would LeBron have won in Cleveland if he had the supporting cast Giannis has now?
-->
Do we want to give long term contracts to all starters to have a better chance to keep them all?
Knowing Giannis took less money to sign/keep good players will they take less money (but more years) as well to keep this team together?
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,002

Post#715 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:14 pm

This is Year 3 of BroLo jacking up 3's and nobody was banging down the door to sign him last offseason. He'll get more than the room exception, but I don't think that any team with cap room is gonna be lining up to sign him to some long-term deal. If you can open up the full-MLE (would just involve moving a contract and staying under the tax), then that's probably his going rate ($9 mil).
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,841

Post#716 » by TroyD92 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:15 pm

I don't think Brogdon is anything near a no brainier for resigning for multiple years.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
Ruben Quevedo
Pro Prospect
And1: 481

Post#717 » by Ruben Quevedo » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:26 pm

Am I the only one very concerned about signing Midds long term?
Wisky4life
Assistant Coach

Post#718 » by Wisky4life » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:34 pm

We should be able to re-sign at least 3 of the 4.
sdn40
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,418

Post#719 » by sdn40 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:34 pm

The good thing about Middleton is that he doesn't rely on some freak athleticism. He's 6'-8" with a medium build and longer frame. If I had to bet money, he will still be a great shooter at 50.
sdn40
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,418

Post#720 » by sdn40 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:37 pm

I like Brogdon, but if the only option is to sign him for big money to be the starting point guard, I pass.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks