ImageImage

Bucks Trades/Transactions/News - Meeks Waived

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,015

Re: Bucks Trades/Transactions/News 2018-19 Seasoon - Thon & Wilson Options Picked Up 

Post#741 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:45 pm

for all the talk everywhere about offense and how you need to play it to be successful... we need more analytical talk about defense in todays league.

I can honestly say you could show me numbers about where teams are shooting against us and other then us not giving up a ton of buckets at the rim(which we give up the least)…..that I couldn't tell you what were supposed to do next exactly. we give up a lot of 3's and shots in the paint....focus on eliminating the dunks and layins? but don't cheat anywhere else and just play straight up? and our defense is elite?? I don't understand it really. is it really just as simple as guarding the basket at all cost and being fair to average everywhere else? is that some sort of recipe?

id like to hear one of coaching staff discuss our philosophy. I heard the Sweeney/kidd thing about trying to make teams throw bad passes in the prior scheme where we trapped all over the place. weve heard them talk endlessly about the new offense. I want to know what it is we set out to do on defense.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Re: Bucks Trades/Transactions/News 2018-19 Seasoon - Thon & Wilson Options Picked Up 

Post#742 » by Chuck Diesel » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:55 pm

I feel like if anyone could rehabilitate John Wall it would be Miami. They have some massive contracts they could send back.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,336

Post#743 » by crkone » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:13 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:for all the talk everywhere about offense and how you need to play it to be successful... we need more analytical talk about defense in todays league.

I can honestly say you could show me numbers about where teams are shooting against us and other then us not giving up a ton of buckets at the rim(which we give up the least)…..that I couldn't tell you what were supposed to do next exactly. we give up a lot of 3's and shots in the paint.... just eliminate dunks and layins.....and our defense is elite. I don't understand it really. is it really just as simple as guarding the basket at all cost and being fair to average everywhere else? is that some sort of recipe?

It usually is pick your poison. Drop the big so no easy baskets off PnRs but allow open pull up 3s at the top of the key, or show the big at the PnR and allow a corner/catch and shoot 3 when help comes to the rolling big man. The Bucks try to adjust to the situation depending on who they are facing and showed hard against GS and LAC, but then were killed by catch and shoot 3s by Quinn Cook, Klay, Beverly, and Mike Scott. They dropped against CHA, Boston and half of the Portland game and were killed by pull-up shots. They just need to have quick adjustments depending on the situation which I am sure will come quicker than the first few games here on out. Good thing is not many teams have the talent to make pull up 3s consistently. In the playoffs though, they'll need to be careful.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#744 » by Chuck Diesel » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:28 pm

I’d do Snell, Henson and Delly for Otto Porter and the expiring Jason Smith. More room this summer, trust Bud to maximize Porter, the best player in the deal. He’d have “just freed from death row energy” playing for us. Makes us much deeper and more versatile. Insurance for an injury to a starter. Slide Ersan to more backup five. Play Thon/Smith when necessary.

Bledson/DiVinzenzo
Brogdon/Connaughton
Middleton/Porter
Giannis/Porter/Ersan
Lopez/Ersan/Thon
Sarni
Freshman
And1: 62

Post#745 » by Sarni » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:16 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:I’d do Snell, Henson and Delly for Otto Porter and the expiring Jason Smith. More room this summer, trust Bud to maximize Porter, the best player in the deal. He’d have “just freed from death row energy” playing for us. Makes us much deeper and more versatile. Insurance for an injury to a starter. Slide Ersan to more backup five. Play Thon/Smith when necessary.

Bledson/DiVinzenzo
Brogdon/Connaughton
Middleton/Porter
Giannis/Porter/Ersan
Lopez/Ersan/Thon

They won’t take that deal though. Porter’s contract is dreadful but at least there’s an ounce of hope that he becomes an 18 ppg player in the correct system. Henson is just no needed in Washington, Snell and Dellavedova are two awful deals that won’t help them either.

I think the goal now is to address the bench and it will be easier done through acquiring correct G-League and waived players rather than going all in on someone expensive. First unit is good, it’s about packing bench with players who can contribute. DDV and Pat are a good start, now find a couple more Pats and Woods and you might get some value out of them. Kind of look at what Toronto have done - their bench is basically all late picks or undrafted players but together they give them a huge competitive advantage over the rest of league because it all works perfectly. Bucks need to aim for something similar.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,529

Post#746 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:24 pm

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,656

Post#747 » by blazza18 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:30 pm

Three games averaging 2 and 1. Terrific offseason move signing Wood...

(Yes this is an **** post so what).
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#748 » by Chuck Diesel » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:31 pm

Sarni wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:I’d do Snell, Henson and Delly for Otto Porter and the expiring Jason Smith. More room this summer, trust Bud to maximize Porter, the best player in the deal. He’d have “just freed from death row energy” playing for us. Makes us much deeper and more versatile. Insurance for an injury to a starter. Slide Ersan to more backup five. Play Thon/Smith when necessary.

Bledson/DiVinzenzo
Brogdon/Connaughton
Middleton/Porter
Giannis/Porter/Ersan
Lopez/Ersan/Thon

They won’t take that deal though. Porter’s contract is dreadful but at least there’s an ounce of hope that he becomes an 18 ppg player in the correct system. Henson is just no needed in Washington, Snell and Dellavedova are two awful deals that won’t help them either.

I think the goal now is to address the bench and it will be easier done through acquiring correct G-League and waived players rather than going all in on someone expensive. First unit is good, it’s about packing bench with players who can contribute. DDV and Pat are a good start, now find a couple more Pats and Woods and you might get some value out of them. Kind of look at what Toronto have done - their bench is basically all late picks or undrafted players but together they give them a huge competitive advantage over the rest of league because it all works perfectly. Bucks need to aim for something similar.

Agreed on all counts, but if a tanking team is selling low on a dude who’s too expensive, I’d hope we’d be in on those talks.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#749 » by DrWood » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:35 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:
DrWood wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:
I forgive you for not being locked into Memphis Grizzlies basketball but they"re a surprisingly fun watch & Conley has been looked really good in wins against good teams.

I don't think I've seen any grizzly games this year, but I looked at Conley's stats and they are bad.

Objectively inaccurate.

30.7% from 3, 38.3% overall. Negative DBPM. And he's 31 coming off injury. He might not be toast, but he's not Wonder bread.
Sarni
Freshman
And1: 62

Post#750 » by Sarni » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:52 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:Agreed on all counts, but if a tanking team is selling low on a dude who’s too expensive, I’d hope we’d be in on those talks.

Porter is overkill though because of that deal. You are surrendering almost a quarter of your cap to a player that isn’t that good. You need to have some flexibility going forward.

I think good targets are players in the $5million to $12million deals with no more than two years left on their deal. For example Korver in his current situation should be an enticing prospect for every team that wants to compete, his contract isn’t perfect but it’s short and you can plug him into a role he has performed for the last few years and he will get you buckets.

I think Bazemore could be a good fit despite the fact that his deal is also quite bad. It expires at the end of next season so you need to tie $18million to him for two seasons. He’s however good at both ends of the floor and could even grow in a functioning team. DeMarre Carroll would be the ultimate target - only half a year left on his deal, experienced, decent shooter and Nets will probably not mind getting rid. The issue is Nets will probably want to sign at least one if not two big free agents in the Summer so taking back significant salary for the next two seasons like Della or Snell could be a bad move for them.

Honestly I would also look at struggling young players who have had their options declined or have their future uncertain at their current clubs. Being a Portland fan (here because I like you a lot as a team and cheer for you in the East, it’s also nice that you tend to spank the Warriors quite often) I know how much value you can find in that market. Our recent success has basically been build largely on that - even this year you look at someone like Stauskas and he has been great for what we got him for. In modern NBA having just random shooters fill out your rotation can actually be good enough when you already have a star and some good passers.

A back up point guard has to be a priority now I think. Maybe someone like Jeremy Lin or George Hill?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,082

Post#751 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:46 pm

If and when the Hornets start their fire-sale, does anyone else think MKG is an interesting option?
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,173

Post#752 » by DingleJerry » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:52 pm

Only signed for one more year but since he can't shoot I don't think I'd be terribly interested.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,082

Post#753 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:03 pm

I think he could be a solid sub for Giannis, given he doesn't shoot either. He can come in and defend, hit the boards (averaging over 10 boards and 2 blocks per 36 this season), and mostly stay out of the way on offense. Maybe he goes to the Bucks shooting clinic and develops a corner 3.
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#754 » by LuessiT » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:34 pm

The guy I'd want most from the Hornets who could be available would be Williams. Of course I love both Monk and Bridges but I doubt either gets moved.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#755 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:48 pm

LuessiT wrote:The guy I'd want most from the Hornets who could be available would be Williams. Of course I love both Monk and Bridges but I doubt either gets moved.

Monk is a 35% shooter. He's like, maybe, a more-sane version of JR Smith who gets hot less often. Maybe.
slos
Starter
And1: 1,194

Post#756 » by slos » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:43 pm

This team needs to make it at least once to the finals in the next couple of years. With Giannis in his prime, 2020 can be the year when Milwaukee lands one more superstar. And the only one available will be then AD. Just imagine this core:

Brogdon
DDV
Middleton
Giannis
Davis

I know that this is a pipe dream, but in 2019 there are too many candidates for a max contract. That could get a big number of teams out of the way.

Seed 1 - definitely out
GSW (Curry, Klay, Dray)
HOU (Paul, Harden, Capela)
OKC (Russ, George, Adams)
POR (Lillard, McCollum, Nurkic)
MIN (KAT, Wiggins, Dieng, RoCo)
WAS (Wall, Beal, Porter)
DEN (Jokic, Harris, Burton, Murray)
DET (Griffin, Drummond)

Seed 2 - probably out (but with assets to trade)

BOS (Irving, Hayward, Tatum, Brown)
PHI (Butler, Embiid, Simmons)
LAL (Lebron, Cousins?, Ball, Ingram)

Seed 3 - big markets (maybe out)

NYK (Porzignis, Kemba?)
LAC (Durant?, Leonard?, Harris?)
BKN (None?)

Seed 3 - the next Philly

PHO (Booker, Ayton)
ATL (Young)
DAL (Doncic)

Seed 4 - not a chance
CHA, CLE, MEM, ORL, SAC, CHI, IND, MIA, SAS, TOR, UTA
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,839

Post#757 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:51 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:If and when the Hornets start their fire-sale, does anyone else think MKG is an interesting option?

He'd be awesome here.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,600

Post#758 » by tski1972 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:52 am

Any chance we could steal Devonte Graham from Charlotte?
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#759 » by Rockmaninoff » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:36 am

Charlotte is 10th in SRS and Pythagorean says they should 9-5. Not sure why they'd blow up what could be the East version of the Blazers.

Sure, they'll never win anything, but it might just be nice to win for a while.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,770

Post#760 » by emunney » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:01 am

Bledson/DiVinzenzo
Brogdon/Connaughton
Middleton/Porter
Giannis/Porter/Ersan
Lopez/Ersan/Thon

Porter would explode in this system.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts

Return to Milwaukee Bucks