Junior
And1: 204

Re: Marquette Hoops 2018-19 - Hauser Bros Transferring 

Post#101 » by talbert » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:59 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!!
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,169
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#102 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:00 pm

dbrodz7 wrote:Does Joey for sure have to sit a year?

Unless they get some sort of hardship waiver, I'd say both have to sit a year. Not sure if Sam has graduated yet but the more I think about it you would think they both want to play together one more time, so you'd think Sam would sit the year to play one.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,126

Post#103 » by DingleJerry » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:03 pm

dbrodz7 wrote:Does Joey for sure have to sit a year?

I don't see any reason to think Joey wouldn't have to sit as of now. Unless he graduated in 1.5 years somehow
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,118

Post#104 » by LittleRooster » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:15 pm

Read on Twitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,018

Post#105 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:55 pm

Really surprised for Sam. You would think they would tough it out one more year and try to get a Final Four with Howard (who probably isn't the easiest guard to play next, too). Where would these guys go and immediately be guaranteed 30 minutes on a top 10 team without a rough transition? Can't blame a kid who got his degree and spent 4 years at a University for taking advantage of a once in a lifetime chance to transfer to another school.
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#106 » by DingleJerry » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:03 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Really surprised for Sam. You would think they would tough it out one more year and try to get a Final Four with Howard (who probably isn't the easiest guard to play next, too). Where would these guys go and immediately be guaranteed 30 minutes on a top 10 team without a rough transition? Can't blame a kid who got his degree and spent 4 years at a University for taking advantage of a once in a lifetime chance to transfer to another school.

Right and he and his family must have liked Woj, school, teammates etc enough as of 15 months ago to have Joey come there. WTF happened in the last year?
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#107 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:10 pm

Seems like enough smoke on the Virginia thing to call them a pretty clear favorite.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,898

Re: Marquette Hoops 2018-19 

Post#108 » by buckboy » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:24 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:I have a feeling Hoiberg will try and snag them at Nebraska. Can schools still block where you can transfer?

No. Blocking is no longer allowed.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,018

Post#109 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:28 pm

Is Ty Jerome gone for sure? Otherwise does Virginia have room?
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#110 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:30 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Is Ty Jerome gone for sure? Otherwise does Virginia have room?

That seems to be the question. Hunter is probably gone, Jerome left but can come back, Guy maybe. I've seen that they may need all 3 to leave given their scholarship situation. Bennett is a stand-up guy but could probably make it happen if he needed to...
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,898

Post#111 » by buckboy » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:34 pm

Where the Hell is Guy going? He certainly isn't going to the NBA. Not now or anytime soon anyway.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,268

Post#112 » by KidA24 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:41 pm

DingleJerry wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Really surprised for Sam. You would think they would tough it out one more year and try to get a Final Four with Howard (who probably isn't the easiest guard to play next, too). Where would these guys go and immediately be guaranteed 30 minutes on a top 10 team without a rough transition? Can't blame a kid who got his degree and spent 4 years at a University for taking advantage of a once in a lifetime chance to transfer to another school.

Right and he and his family must have liked Woj, school, teammates etc enough as of 15 months ago to have Joey come there. WTF happened in the last year?

Liking the saleman who helps you out and convinces you to buy something is a lot different than working for him every day for a year and a half.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#113 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:44 pm

buckboy wrote:Where the Hell is Guy going? He certainly isn't going to the NBA. Not now or anytime soon anyway.

Yeah, not sure why I mentioned him. I think the idea was that they may have to do work to make room for the Hausers.
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#114 » by DingleJerry » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:46 pm

KidA24 wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:

Liking the saleman who helps you out and convinces you to buy something is a lot different than working for him every day for a year and a half.

True. But the older brother had already been there working for him so they had all the info they needed to not have the wool pulled over their eyes buy a salesman (to use your analogy). That's kind of what I meant, they had more info basically than any recruit could have on how things were in that program and still decided it was best for Joey only 15ish months ago. So something drastic has to have changed since then.

Another route they could've gone, if after 1-2 years there Sam didn't like it. He could've put in his transfer and went wherever Joey went. Sat out one year and only been one class ahead of his brother. Instead they liked it enough 15 months ago to have the younger brother join. To your analogy, if you don't like your boss after working there 2 years you probably don't recommend your friend to come work there too.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,308

Post#115 » by Mags FTW » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:58 pm

DingleJerry wrote:

Howard's Usage Rate happened.
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#116 » by DingleJerry » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:07 pm

Yea I guess that's the most likely. But previous year you had Howard with tons of usage and Rousey with tons as well. But yea if the goal has always been to be more featured as opposed to complementary and it hasn't happened that could be a thing.

Still if we're talking pro/NBA hopes their best bet is to get a deep tourney run to inflate value ala DJ Wilson, etc. MU would've been a great chance for that, of course UVA would be too though but have to sit out a year. Best I've seen so far is they'll both have to sit.
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,478

Post#117 » by neiLz » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:43 pm

Now wojo will have an excuse and given a pass this year when marquette gets destroyed in the first round again.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#118 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:45 pm

ArodpwnsFavre wrote:Now wojo will have an excuse and given a pass this year when marquette gets destroyed in the first round again.

I think they'll still be alright with Howard but there's a solid chance they don't make the tournament now. And if they lose in the first round, with Howard leaving, they probably will just can Woj and move on given that Woj will be starting anew with his roster.

That said, he can maybe patch this up with grad transfers.
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,464

Post#119 » by RogerMurdock » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:56 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Is Ty Jerome gone for sure? Otherwise does Virginia have room?

That seems to be the question. Hunter is probably gone, Jerome left but can come back, Guy maybe. I've seen that they may need all 3 to leave given their scholarship situation. Bennett is a stand-up guy but could probably make it happen if he needed to...

Jerome and Hunter declared for the draft today. Sounds like Jerome is pretty committed to going pro - nothing I've heard indicates he's just "testing the waters" or anything.

Word is that Guy and Diakite might test things out since they can go back, but I highly doubt that if they did, they would be evaluated highly enough to make it worth it. I would assume they're back at Virginia next year.

Virginia would likely have a scholarship problem with the Hausers, as they would severely limit the recruiting for next year's class. We'll see.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,940

Post#120 » by humanrefutation » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:04 pm

Jerome is hiring an agent. He's gone.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks