ImageImage

ATL Thread - Woj: Wall out for year - surgery on ankle pg 73

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,513

Re: ATL Thread 

Post#121 » by RogerMurdock » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:59 pm

RealGM Bucks Forum Poster: "I think Thon, DJ Wilson, Delly, and a conditional first, and a second could get it done for Wall and Beal. Gives the Wizards great athletic potential (and a great guy, as well) in Thon, untapped stretch four first round pick in Wilson, and just a scrappy guy who knows how to win in Delly. I think this trade could really help Washington and we would do them a favor by taking on salary."
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,720

Post#122 » by AussieBuck » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:21 pm

Plossum wrote:Was KD ever a defensive stud?
He'll no but it was a popular narrative because I guess he blocked a few more shots for the Warriors

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Post#123 » by Pachinko_ » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:24 pm

RogerMurdock wrote:RealGM Bucks Forum Poster: "I think Thon, DJ Wilson, Delly, and a conditional first, and a second could get it done for Wall and Beal. Gives the Wizards great athletic potential (and a great guy, as well) in Thon, untapped stretch four first round pick in Wilson, and just a scrappy guy who knows how to win in Delly. I think this trade could really help Washington and we would do them a favor by taking on salary."

I mean, have you seen Wall's contract?
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,513

Post#124 » by RogerMurdock » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:26 pm

Pachinko_ wrote:
RogerMurdock wrote:RealGM Bucks Forum Poster: "I think Thon, DJ Wilson, Delly, and a conditional first, and a second could get it done for Wall and Beal. Gives the Wizards great athletic potential (and a great guy, as well) in Thon, untapped stretch four first round pick in Wilson, and just a scrappy guy who knows how to win in Delly. I think this trade could really help Washington and we would do them a favor by taking on salary."

I mean, have you seen Wall's contract?

Fine, make Washington take on Henson's Chipotle per diem to even it out.

Also:

Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Post#125 » by Pachinko_ » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:29 pm

And the main reason people think Beal is such a massive prize is because Wall's contract makes Beal's contract look small.
In reality Khris Middleton is a better player than Beal this year.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,653

Post#126 » by TroyD92 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:29 pm

I mean nobody has put one of those offers on the table, but okay?
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
TroyD92
RealGM

Post#127 » by TroyD92 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:33 pm

Pachinko_ wrote:And the main reason people think Beal is such a massive prize is because Wall's contract makes Beal's contract look small.
In reality Khris Middleton is a better player than Beal this year.

Yeah this year. Wizards are a dumpster fire and the Bucks are one of the best teams in the league.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,046

Post#128 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:35 pm

TroyD92 wrote:Man there's a ton of drama this year lol.

There is.

Also think though that social media has just erupted as the dominant force in the league now and that drives a lot of this stuff. We the NBA consumer want drama, stories, trades, rumors and we push them non-stop using this new medium (primarily via twitter).
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Post#129 » by thomchatt3rton » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:35 pm

TroyD92 wrote:

I mean nobody has put one of those offers on the table, but okay?

There's been some talk of Grunfeld's fleece-ability. Let's just leave it at that.. :D
TroyD92
RealGM

Post#130 » by TroyD92 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:40 pm

Damn Valentine out for the season basically. Bulls might finish with the worst record.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,771

Post#131 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:48 pm

TroyD92 wrote:Damn Valentine out for the season basically. Bulls might finish with the worst record.

Yet probably finish with a better record then had he played.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,622

Post#132 » by blazza18 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:12 am

AussieBuck wrote:
Plossum wrote:Was KD ever a defensive stud?
He'll no but it was a popular narrative because I guess he blocked a few more shots for the Warriors

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app

He started getting the best 2 way talk during his last playoffs with OKC when he was great against Kawhi and in the GSW series.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#133 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:50 am

World Wide Windhorst does a weekly podcast that i just discovered. I tend to enjoy it a lot, your mileage may vary.

Today he had on Tim Bontemps and Nick Friedell. Bontemps said he thinks Kemba is a better player than Kyrie. Friedell starts with this obnoxious long laugh and says he's crazy. Friedell kept laughing at Bontemps. Got almost uncomfortable. I agree with Bontemps. I'd take Kemba.

H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#134 » by H2tObes » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:55 am

I'd take Kyrie for playoff basketball, his ability to hit tough shots and take control is second to none. Kemba has a way better attitude and is a better leader which makes it pretty even, wouldn't question anybody taking either

I actually had this same conversation with my buddy at the bar. He basically laughed and said Kyrie and it's not even close, he doesn't know very much about basketball so that tells you a lot.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,820

Post#135 » by tydett » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:55 am

paulpressey25 wrote:World Wide Windhorst does a weekly podcast that i just discovered. I tend to enjoy it a lot, your mileage may vary.

Today he had on Tim Bontemps and Nick Friedell. Bontemps said he thinks Kemba is a better player than Kyrie. Friedell starts with this obnoxious long laugh and says he's crazy. Friedell kept laughing at Bontemps. Got almost uncomfortable. I agree with Bontemps. I'd take Kemba.

I'll let my scalding takes spill over here from the game thread, but give me a locked in Bledsoe over either of them to play alongside Giannis. Crazy, I know.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#136 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:57 am

H2tObes wrote:He basically laughed and said Kyrie and it's not even close, he doesn't know very much about basketball so that tells you a lot.

That was Friedell as well. He's sort of angling to become the Skip Bayless of the NBA. Lots of super hot takes given with an edge to them.

LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,633

Post#137 » by LikeABosh » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:02 am

TroyD92 wrote:
ackypoo wrote:could all see this coming.

Read on Twitter

Yeah. Beal is the real prize of this years market. Bucks should do whatever it takes to get him.

I really like Beal. Most other years I'd take him over Middleton, but this year is a different story obviously. A Bledsoe/Beal/Middleton/Giannis core would be **** nasty either way

What could be offered for him that doesn't involve those guys though? Brogdon/Divencenzo/1st/**** filler? Not that attractive of an offer
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#138 » by H2tObes » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:18 am

Like clockwork, Kemba with 21 in the 4th and a few daggers in a big comeback vs Celtics. Woah.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#139 » by Bucksfan28 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:22 am

Julius Randle triple-double alert
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
JustinCredible
Head Coach
And1: 2,965

Post#140 » by JustinCredible » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:41 am

It is going to royally suck if the 76ers somehow get Beal.
All posts are my own opinion.
Twitter: @itsjwills

Return to Milwaukee Bucks