ImageImage

OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

User avatar
MikeIsGood
RealGM
Posts: 26,144
And1: 3,023
Joined: Jul 10, 2003
Location: Vamos Rafa
     

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1661 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:20 am

One Pump Chump is amazing. Love it so much more than the one I bought.
User avatar
ReasonablySober
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 74,405
And1: 14,697
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
       

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1662 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:48 am

MikeIsGood wrote:One Pump Chump is amazing. Love it so much more than the one I bought.


Just took a look at it now. Damn. I wonder how high it'll scale? I saw one video where they got a level 12, another at level 17.
Magic Giannison wrote:TRADE GIANNIS

jmuelly
Junior
Posts: 375
And1: 59
Joined: May 22, 2015

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1663 » by jmuelly » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:34 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:One Pump Chump is amazing. Love it so much more than the one I bought.


Just took a look at it now. Damn. I wonder how high it'll scale? I saw one video where they got a level 12, another at level 17.


Seeing all this chatter makes me really want to check BL3 out.
tydett
Analyst
Posts: 3,351
And1: 2,644
Joined: Feb 15, 2012
   

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1664 » by tydett » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:04 pm

jmuelly wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:One Pump Chump is amazing. Love it so much more than the one I bought.


Just took a look at it now. Damn. I wonder how high it'll scale? I saw one video where they got a level 12, another at level 17.


Seeing all this chatter makes me really want to check BL3 out.


If you like loot shooters (Destiny, what Anthem was supposed to be, Warframe), it's certainly worth scooping up. I know it took me going back to Borderlands 2, like, 4 times over a 5 year span before I really got into it, so if loot shooters aren't your thing or something interesting to you, you can probably wait a while before grabbing it - it will certainly go on sale, have DLC that will bundle, and the community will play it for the next 10 years anyways.
User avatar
ReasonablySober
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 74,405
And1: 14,697
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
       

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1665 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:24 pm

tydett wrote:
jmuelly wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Just took a look at it now. Damn. I wonder how high it'll scale? I saw one video where they got a level 12, another at level 17.


Seeing all this chatter makes me really want to check BL3 out.


If you like loot shooters (Destiny, what Anthem was supposed to be, Warframe), it's certainly worth scooping up. I know it took me going back to Borderlands 2, like, 4 times over a 5 year span before I really got into it, so if loot shooters aren't your thing or something interesting to you, you can probably wait a while before grabbing it - it will certainly go on sale, have DLC that will bundle, and the community will play it for the next 10 years anyways.


I've looked at a bunch of end-game vids today. Found out some interesting farming spots. Read up on grenades and weapons that basically break the game. It's crazy how quickly people have blown through this one. I'm only on level 23.
Magic Giannison wrote:TRADE GIANNIS

User avatar
ReasonablySober
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 74,405
And1: 14,697
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
       

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1666 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:05 pm

Loot cave / excellent farming location if you're around level 20 on your first run through, and game breaking apparently if you're on the Mayhem levels:



I've done the route a couple times at level 23 and it's legit.

ETA: So when I said earlier they're giving out good gear at a much higher rate I have to believe that's why I'm level 24 now and I've got 3/4 weapon slots legendary, two legendary weapons, two shields, and a class mod I'm gonna send to storage.

I never got an Infinity pistol in BL2 even though I really wanted one, but that's in my lineup now. Doubt I ever use it because I've got a Flakker shotgun that sets off a nuclear blast around enemies, and an SMG called the Undermined Crossroad that (as the kids say now) "melts dudes".
Magic Giannison wrote:TRADE GIANNIS

jmuelly
Junior
Posts: 375
And1: 59
Joined: May 22, 2015

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1667 » by jmuelly » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:20 am

tydett wrote:
jmuelly wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Just took a look at it now. Damn. I wonder how high it'll scale? I saw one video where they got a level 12, another at level 17.


Seeing all this chatter makes me really want to check BL3 out.


If you like loot shooters (Destiny, what Anthem was supposed to be, Warframe), it's certainly worth scooping up. I know it took me going back to Borderlands 2, like, 4 times over a 5 year span before I really got into it, so if loot shooters aren't your thing or something interesting to you, you can probably wait a while before grabbing it - it will certainly go on sale, have DLC that will bundle, and the community will play it for the next 10 years anyways.


My only experience with loot shooters is The Division 1 & 2 and Destiny 2. I didn't much care for destiny 2 once I ran through the main missions but division 1 I logged quite a few hours. Division 2 I enjoyed, I just have not yet progressed far beyond the initial story completion.
tydett
Analyst
Posts: 3,351
And1: 2,644
Joined: Feb 15, 2012
   

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1668 » by tydett » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:25 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Loot cave / excellent farming location if you're around level 20 on your first run through, and game breaking apparently if you're on the Mayhem levels:



I've done the route a couple times at level 23 and it's legit.

ETA: So when I said earlier they're giving out good gear at a much higher rate I have to believe that's why I'm level 24 now and I've got 3/4 weapon slots legendary, two legendary weapons, two shields, and a class mod I'm gonna send to storage.

I never got an Infinity pistol in BL2 even though I really wanted one, but that's in my lineup now. Doubt I ever use it because I've got a Flakker shotgun that sets off a nuclear blast around enemies, and an SMG called the Undermined Crossroad that (as the kids say now) "melts dudes".


There's also a massively bugged boss at the Eden-6 vault that you can kill very easily with a quest-reward grenade from the same planet. Takes about 30 seconds to kill from spawning in and drops 3-4 legendaries per kill on Mayhem 3.



Were I a filthy degenerate who wanted to ruin the endgame farm for myself, I would have spent at least 3 hours yesterday farming legendaries and maxing out my SDUs.

Of course, this means that I spent 5 hours doing so yesterday.
User avatar
MikeIsGood
RealGM
Posts: 26,144
And1: 3,023
Joined: Jul 10, 2003
Location: Vamos Rafa
     

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1669 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:07 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Loot cave / excellent farming location if you're around level 20 on your first run through, and game breaking apparently if you're on the Mayhem levels:



I've done the route a couple times at level 23 and it's legit.

ETA: So when I said earlier they're giving out good gear at a much higher rate I have to believe that's why I'm level 24 now and I've got 3/4 weapon slots legendary, two legendary weapons, two shields, and a class mod I'm gonna send to storage.

I never got an Infinity pistol in BL2 even though I really wanted one, but that's in my lineup now. Doubt I ever use it because I've got a Flakker shotgun that sets off a nuclear blast around enemies, and an SMG called the Undermined Crossroad that (as the kids say now) "melts dudes".


I read a "theory", I guess, on Reddit comparing BL3 to D3. Not the launch experiences, but the loot. I don't recall the names of loot tiers in D3, but essentially it proposed that BL3 wanted to increase the overall feeling of 'I can get a legendary to drop' by upping the drop rate, but in order to truly min-max you'll be looking for the still rare, correctly anointed legendaries, with the right stat mix and element type for your build. So more legendaries, you can find what you want and it doesn't feel like you're grinding forever just to see something orange, but if you really want to min-max you have the same grind available.

I'm no where near endgame and it will be a month+ probably til I could properly evaluate that comparison, but thought it was interesting.
User avatar
crkone
RealGM
Posts: 23,074
And1: 4,588
Joined: Aug 16, 2006

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1670 » by crkone » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:55 pm

Another day, another first party game of the year contender for Nintendo.

Code: Select all

          o- - -  \o          __|
             o/   /|          vv`\
            /|     |              |
             |    / \_            |
            / \   |               |
           /  |                   |
jmuelly
Junior
Posts: 375
And1: 59
Joined: May 22, 2015

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1671 » by jmuelly » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:44 pm

Is Borderlands anything like the division or destiny?

As someone who’s never played is it best to go back and play Borderlands 2 or just buy 3? I’m undecided if I even want it, very intrigued however.
User avatar
FrieAaron
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,998
And1: 2,414
Joined: Mar 25, 2010

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1672 » by FrieAaron » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:47 pm

jmuelly wrote:Is Borderlands anything like the division or destiny?

As someone who’s never played is it best to go back and play Borderlands 2 or just buy 3? I’m undecided if I even want it, very intrigued however.


It's more like an FPS Diablo than Destiny.
User avatar
MikeIsGood
RealGM
Posts: 26,144
And1: 3,023
Joined: Jul 10, 2003
Location: Vamos Rafa
     

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1673 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:48 pm

You don't need to play BL3. You don't play BL for the story.

I never played Division or Destiny, but it is a looter shooter, and they are as well. It seems to me that it's a totally different style, though.
User avatar
MikeIsGood
RealGM
Posts: 26,144
And1: 3,023
Joined: Jul 10, 2003
Location: Vamos Rafa
     

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1674 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:49 pm

crkone wrote:Another day, another first party game of the year contender for Nintendo.


Eh. I wouldn't say the reviews suggest it's a GOTY contender. But they do suggest a great game.
User avatar
ReasonablySober
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 74,405
And1: 14,697
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
       

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1675 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:54 pm

I think I would like it (played the '93 version when it came out and liked it), but it's hard for me to justify paying $60 for an eight hour game.
Magic Giannison wrote:TRADE GIANNIS

jmuelly
Junior
Posts: 375
And1: 59
Joined: May 22, 2015

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1676 » by jmuelly » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:01 pm

FrieAaron wrote:
jmuelly wrote:Is Borderlands anything like the division or destiny?

As someone who’s never played is it best to go back and play Borderlands 2 or just buy 3? I’m undecided if I even want it, very intrigued however.


It's more like an FPS Diablo than Destiny.


never played diablo
User avatar
StickeeFingaz
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,307
And1: 2,220
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
     

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1677 » by StickeeFingaz » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:09 pm

I’m having more fun with BL3 than I ever had with Destiny 1 or 2.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Siefer
General Manager
Posts: 9,298
And1: 1,849
Joined: Nov 05, 2006
Location: Madison, WI
     

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1678 » by Siefer » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:11 pm

I picked up Slay the Spire on Switch, and I'm completely enthralled. I like deck-building games to begin with, and this is such a refined, well made one those. The rogue-like progression system is the cherry on top - I suspect I'll be sinking a ton of time into this one.
User avatar
ReasonablySober
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 74,405
And1: 14,697
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
       

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1679 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:09 pm

The Loot Tink farm got patched/nerfed in the update today. I haven't yet applied it and probably won't for as long as possible.

Eridium crystals in Voracious Canopy grow less frequently.
Scaled down the amount of loot drops in Mayhem Mode.
Torgue shotgun sticky damage has been reduced.
Reduced E-Tech shotgun elemental damage from “flesh off your bones” to “a lot”.
Chupacabratch dropped too much of his hard-earned loot.
Adjusted spawn rate of Loot Tinks in Mansion. They’re special again.
Removed pain-sounds from Troy for his boss fight.


Those are literally three of the four main OP issues/exploits people were using so far. The other is the Pipebomb grenade. I don't know if that was nerfed.

ETA: This is a hotfix, so if you start the game offline (even after the fix was added), you'll get the pre-nerfed version.
Magic Giannison wrote:TRADE GIANNIS

User avatar
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 25,479
And1: 8,367
Joined: Jun 05, 2006
       

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1680 » by humanrefutation » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:06 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
crkone wrote:Another day, another first party game of the year contender for Nintendo.


Eh. I wouldn't say the reviews suggest it's a GOTY contender. But they do suggest a great game.


Can a GOTY be a pretty much straight-up remake? Seems unfair to original content, IMO.

I really really want to buy it because I never played the original. I just don't know if I should drop $60 on it.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks