ImageImage

OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,667

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#21 » by machu46 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:04 pm

REDDzone wrote:I got an email from Best Buy this morning saying many of their Black Friday deals are now live online. So I checked and the one thing I wanted from there was available (DQXI for PS4 for $29). Bought it, no shipping costs, will be at my house before Friday, so now I don't have to go there on Black Friday. :)

Sigh...I swore I wasn't going to get the new Call of Duty, but with my friends being obsessed with the battle royale mode and the fact that I can get it for $16 right now ($45 for Black Friday + my Gamers Club discount + $20 reward certificate) is really tempting.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,904

Post#22 » by jschligs » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:14 pm

machu46 wrote:
REDDzone wrote:I got an email from Best Buy this morning saying many of their Black Friday deals are now live online. So I checked and the one thing I wanted from there was available (DQXI for PS4 for $29). Bought it, no shipping costs, will be at my house before Friday, so now I don't have to go there on Black Friday. :)

Sigh...I swore I wasn't going to get the new Call of Duty, but with my friends being obsessed with the battle royale mode and the fact that I can get it for $16 right now ($45 for Black Friday + my Gamers Club discount + $20 reward certificate) is really tempting.

For $45 it's not worth it. I paid $60 and I am mad at myself, it was an impulse Friday buy.

But for $16, that's easy.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,667

Post#23 » by machu46 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:21 pm

jschligs wrote:
machu46 wrote:

For $45 it's not worth it. I paid $60 and I am mad at myself, it was an impulse Friday buy.

But for $16, that's easy.

Oh, it looks like it might be $25. It appears that the Gamers Club discount doesn't apply to Black Friday items like it does for any other sale item. I'm talking with them now because I know I've gotten the 20% off on Black Friday items in the past and if they aren't giving me the 20%, their Black Friday deal is literally savings of $3 compared to what I can pay any other day lol

Edit: It's a no-go. That's disappointing. I'm not going to bother with it for now then.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
jmuelly
Junior
And1: 88

Post#24 » by jmuelly » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:28 pm

Is AC:Oddyssey worth $30? I'm really torn. I am still very early in RDR2 and hooked into BFV now. With games like NBA/NHL that I have yet to really dig into it could be shelved for a long while yet.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,071

Post#25 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:32 pm

Odyssey is awesome. Maybe my GotY.
jmuelly
Junior

Post#26 » by jmuelly » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:42 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Odyssey is awesome. Maybe my GotY.

I used to love the AC series, Black flag was my last however. I just couldn't get into it past so many hours.
glenn
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,151

Post#27 » by glenn » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:46 pm

I’m looking forward to Odyssey, but with as big as my backlog is it can wait a while. I picked up Origins about a year after release and got the Gold edition for $30, so I’ll probably do the same with Odyssey.
:reporter:
jmuelly
Junior

Post#28 » by jmuelly » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:49 pm

glenn wrote:I’m looking forward to Odyssey, but with as big as my backlog is it can wait a while. I picked up Origins about a year after release and got the Gold edition for $30, so I’ll probably do the same Odyssey.

that's why I'm wondering if its worth waiting. RDR2 and BFV will consume me for quite some time.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,678

Post#29 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:51 pm

Thanks for the heads-up. Did the same with Odyssey. Was tempted on DQ11, but will wait for the Switch release.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#30 » by Sauce Boss » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:07 pm

Not video game related, but KeyForge is pretty great thus far. I very much enjoy having a card game where I am competitive with just $10 and don't need to buy singles/boosters and you can't netdeck with no deck building. I was able to pick up and play with my girlfriend with just the starter kit and I don't need anything else.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#31 » by Rockmaninoff » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:20 pm

ClassicJack wrote:I read about the gold bar exploit in RDR2 here and have been waiting for a mission to open up Limpany to do it. Had no idea I could just go there and do it. Took a couple tries but I got my bag. The game just changed... 8-) 8-)

I'm confused why people need an infinite money exploit in this game. The mission in Valentine in chapter 3 gives plenty. The treasure maps do too.

Just playing the game, I've fully upgraded components and cosmetics on the guns I use most (dual double action revolvers, semi-auto shotty, bolt action rifle), bought tons of clothes, and bought an Arabian that got agitated whenever I pushed it hard (I got tired of it's bitching and rode it off a waterfall).

What else is there?
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,050

Post#32 » by humanrefutation » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:43 pm

Rockmaninoff wrote:
ClassicJack wrote:I read about the gold bar exploit in RDR2 here and have been waiting for a mission to open up Limpany to do it. Had no idea I could just go there and do it. Took a couple tries but I got my bag. The game just changed... 8-) 8-)

I'm confused why people need an infinite money exploit in this game. The mission in Valentine in chapter 3 gives plenty. The treasure maps do too.

Just playing the game, I've fully upgraded components and cosmetics on the guns I use most (dual double action revolvers, semi-auto shotty, bolt action rifle), bought tons of clothes, and bought an Arabian that got agitated whenever I pushed it hard (I got tired of it's bitching and rode it off a waterfall).

What else is there?

Buying clothes, paying off bounties, buying multiple horses, resupplying yourself and the camp, upgrading camp completely, just having enough money to **** around, etc.

That mission in Valentine doesn't give you enough money to do everything you want. But truthfully, you don't need $15K to have enough fun in the main story line - you don't even need $10k. But I think about $7-$8k is enough to really feel freedom to do whatever you want - as long as you play pretty intelligently and you aren't just wracking up bounties for the hell of it. I ended up making $45k through the exploit and keeping another 30 gold bars on me just in case. By the end of the game, I still had about $38K left despite buying a ton of stuff and spending all the money I could.

One big suggestion to those who want money in the epilogue and beyond - make sure you don't sell all of the gold bars you get through the exploit. When you go into the epilogue, your money will reset to zero. However, you'll still have access to everything in Arthur's satchel, including the gold bars you don't sell. Take those to a fence when you feel like doing so.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#33 » by Rockmaninoff » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:28 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
Rockmaninoff wrote:

What else is there?

Buying clothes, paying off bounties, buying multiple horses, resupplying yourself and the camp, upgrading camp completely, just having enough money to **** around, etc.

That mission in Valentine doesn't give you enough money to do everything you want. But truthfully, you don't need $15K to have enough fun in the main story line - you don't even need $10k. But I think about $7-$8k is enough to really feel freedom to do whatever you want - as long as you play pretty intelligently and you aren't just wracking up bounties for the hell of it. I ended up making $45k through the exploit and keeping another 30 gold bars on me just in case. By the end of the game, I still had about $38K left despite buying a ton of stuff and spending all the money I could.

One big suggestion to those who want money in the epilogue and beyond - make sure you don't sell all of the gold bars you get through the exploit. When you go into the epilogue, your money will reset to zero. However, you'll still have access to everything in Arthur's satchel, including the gold bars you don't sell. Take those to a fence when you feel like doing so.

I fully upgraded the camp too, forgot about that.

I get what you're saying about increased freedom, but for me, it would come at the expense of immersion.

Thanks for the heads up on the epilogue. I have a couple treasure maps left yet.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,050

Post#34 » by humanrefutation » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:29 am

Rockmaninoff wrote:I get what you're saying about increased freedom, but for me, it would come at the expense of immersion.

I get that. I wanted to get through the main story as smoothly as possible - I've skipped most of the stranger missions and treasure hunts and legendary animals and plan to go back and do them after I'm done with the epilogue.

Perhaps I wouldn't feel so cramped by the lack of money if I spent time doing those things, but I only have so much time to game and I wanted to finish the story before other things, including 2k, FIFA, and RDR Online steal my attention away from it.
jmuelly
Junior

Post#35 » by jmuelly » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:21 pm

So last night I meant to delete my saved videos from my system and instead deleted my save data. This is on a system other than my primary so saves are not automatically backed up. Luckily I had most of it but I did lose data for some games. I lost my save for Uncharted lost legacy, i was about 75% through with that. Now I'll have to restart if I ever get around to it.

I lost my save file for NBA playgrounds 2 so I lost the little bit I had unlocked there too.

Thankfully I had yet to start a 2k season or nhl season so Im good there. I had a backup of Red Dead so the overall damages are quite limited.

My youngest boy will be sad to learn I lost about 4 levels of Lego Jurrassic, looks like a thanksgiving play session with him is in store to get caught back up.

Not sure how I could have been so stupid! So frustrated with it all, luckily I didnt lose my RDR save. If the worst losses are playgrounds 2 and UC lost legacy I'll be ok.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,904

Post#36 » by jschligs » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:51 pm

jmuelly wrote:So last night I meant to delete my saved videos from my system and instead deleted my save data. This is on a system other than my primary so saves are not automatically backed up. Luckily I had most of it but I did lose data for some games. I lost my save for Uncharted lost legacy, i was about 75% through with that. Now I'll have to restart if I ever get around to it.

I lost my save file for NBA playgrounds 2 so I lost the little bit I had unlocked there too.

Thankfully I had yet to start a 2k season or nhl season so Im good there. I had a backup of Red Dead so the overall damages are quite limited.

My youngest boy will be sad to learn I lost about 4 levels of Lego Jurrassic, looks like a thanksgiving play session with him is in store to get caught back up.

Not sure how I could have been so stupid! So frustrated with it all, luckily I didnt lose my RDR save. If the worst losses are playgrounds 2 and UC lost legacy I'll be ok.

Woof, that'd be enough for me to not go back to some of the games. Half the time if I die in Skyrim and I hadn't saved in a while I'll just quit for a week or two. Happened last weekend. Finished a cave, killed two dragons and somehow it didn't autosave. Freaking giant comes and wrecks me in 2 hits and I haven't played since.

Anyone picking up BFV? The beta wasn't amazing, but the reviews of multiplayer look decent.
jmuelly
Junior

Post#37 » by jmuelly » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:06 pm

jschligs wrote:
jmuelly wrote:So last night I meant to delete my saved videos from my system and instead deleted my save data. This is on a system other than my primary so saves are not automatically backed up. Luckily I had most of it but I did lose data for some games. I lost my save for Uncharted lost legacy, i was about 75% through with that. Now I'll have to restart if I ever get around to it.

Woof, that'd be enough for me to not go back to some of the games. Half the time if I die in Skyrim and I hadn't saved in a while I'll just quit for a week or two. Happened last weekend. Finished a cave, killed two dragons and somehow it didn't autosave. Freaking giant comes and wrecks me in 2 hits and I haven't played since.

Anyone picking up BFV? The beta wasn't amazing, but the reviews of multiplayer look decent.

I'm enjoying my time with it. It's what you'd expect from a battlefield title. Ive only played conquest so far, about 12 hours worth. Not a fan of the massive map where one team starts with all the flags though.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,678

Post#38 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:57 pm

Fallout 76's first patch is...absolutely insane. 47GB.

StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,671

Post#39 » by StickeeFingaz » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:15 pm

I’ve hear Fallout 76 is...not good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#FreeChuckDiesel
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#40 » by Sauce Boss » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:12 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:I’ve hear Fallout 76 is...not good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it feels like people aren't taking to it. It sounds like the lack of NPCs really hurts the overall experience.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."

Return to Milwaukee Bucks